• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Validar is 53rd. I wanna say thats Grima. Also did they do a poll for America and Europe?
omg i missed validar. yeah that looks like grima.

-

"We already know that Sakurai likes asking IS for who they think should rep FE, and it seems to me they're as likely to say Lucina"

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
"We already know that Sakurai likes asking IS for who they think should rep FE, and it seems to me they're as likely to say Lucina"
We also know from Leif and Roy that IS are willing to impede the original plan, so even if Chrom was in the cards at some point, if they really wanted to go with Lucina instead, they could do that. Sakurai is certainly no stranger of IS.
I feel like I have been saying something similar to this for over a year. At least one person from the dev team for Awakening have mentioned that Lucina is their favorite character in that game, and he was a director.

The Leif/Roy thing is an excellent point, with the only difference being that Chrom and Lucina have been in an already released game. If we are believing the Gematsu leak, which has Chrom in it, and believe it was leaked at a time when "Pokemon from X and Y" was still being decided, it's entirely possible that Chrom was the original plan if Intelligent Systems didn't have anything new to suggest. Both Roy and Ike were added at their request. Lucina is easily my most wanted newcomer, and I'm inclined to believe the leak. So.. let's hope IS did push for our girl, hey?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Didn't The Creator say they picked Greninja literally overnight? Also, Lucy is my #1 pick for newcomer with Ridley in a close second.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I love you guys. Keeping the flame alive for our girl! Would've said "keeping hope alive for our girl", but we already know hope will never die :p

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I feel like I have been saying something similar to this for over a year. At least one person from the dev team for Awakening have mentioned that Lucina is their favorite character in that game, and he was a director.

The Leif/Roy thing is an excellent point, with the only difference being that Chrom and Lucina have been in an already released game. If we are believing the Gematsu leak, which has Chrom in it, and believe it was leaked at a time when "Pokemon from X and Y" was still being decided, it's entirely possible that Chrom was the original plan if Intelligent Systems didn't have anything new to suggest. Both Roy and Ike were added at their request. Lucina is easily my most wanted newcomer, and I'm inclined to believe the leak. So.. let's hope IS did push for our girl, hey?
I have complete faith IS will support their heroine. :)

When will we know for final all the characters? September for the Japan release?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I have complete faith IS will support their heroine. :)

When will we know for final all the characters? September for the Japan release?
Yeah, it'll be around that time. A few more months. Sooo looking forward to finding out the final roster once and for all.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
How do people argue against Arena Ferox being Lucina's map? Because it sure isn't Chrom's or Robin's canonically at least. But does canon matter?

Weren't the Chorus Men hinted through the inclusion of their map?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
We'll know the base roster probably a few days after release. 3DS hasn't been hacked yet. Also, DLC.

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I added both of you. I made it so you can edit it in case there's anything I should mention. I feel like I was beginning to go on a rant at the end.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I just realized Lucina would be the only female sword user, aside from Mii Fighters of course.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hell, she's the only female who relies on things other than magic to fight along with Samus.

Hong

The Strongest
How do people argue against Arena Ferox being Lucina's map? Because it sure isn't Chrom's or Robin's canonically at least. But does canon matter?
Arena Ferox is in the game! Basilio and Flavia fighting duo confirmed. :troll:

It's one thing if it's WarioWare, and it is actually an environment that belongs to a character. If it does not actually belong to a character, I think that's reaching a bit. And no, I can't use the boxing ring as an example, because:

1) You'll notice Sakurai loves wrestling rings if you've ever played Kirby.
2) Little Mac will have nothing else you can associate him with, except maybe his jogging path? Where as with Fire Emblem, there is at least another stage. Anyone has justification to appear.
3) It's an arena.
Hell, she's the only female who relies on things other than magic to fight along with Samus.
I guess Sun Salutation is enough for you to write off WFT? :p Also, Sheik doesn't have magic anymore.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
"While this story may seem to be Chrom’s story if you stop to think about it Chrom isn’t the real important figure. Really it’s the Tale of Lucina and of the My Unit. Lucina traveling back in time is the reason that everyone isn’t dead. My Unit defying her fate is the reason why darkness won’t rule. Chrom may command the army but the my unit is it’s tactician, and Lucina is the reason the fight is worth it."

Confident that the leaker mistook Lucina for Chrom. Like father like daughter? :awesome:

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
"While this story may seem to be Chrom’s story if you stop to think about it Chrom isn’t the real important figure. Really it’s the Tale of Lucina and of the My Unit. Lucina traveling back in time is the reason that everyone isn’t dead. My Unit defying her fate is the reason why darkness won’t rule. Chrom may command the army but the my unit is it’s tactician, and Lucina is the reason the fight is worth it."

Confident that the leaker mistook Lucina for Chrom. Like father like daughter? :awesome:
I agree
Good post in RTC btw, I never read that thread but for once did. Glad to see a few good posts in the usual BS :)

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I can't at everyone arguing that Lucina is too similar to Marth. If anything, Chrom is, since they're both males with short blue hair and probably closer height to each other and more similar bulk than shorty FEMALE Lucina with LONG hair who is also LIGHTER than Chrom and Marth and probably faster than both of them. It's a fact that Lucina's fighting style is closest to Chrom (NOT Marth) since she even states she learned it from her father in the Arena Ferox cutscene. Yeah, she disguises herself as the opposite gender Marth, but that's what's so fascinating about her. Where's Chrom's X Factor?

People can stop saying Lucina is too similar to Marth as if Chrom isn't. Lucina offers more than Chrom.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Yeah, and accept him as an inevitability because of Gematsu.

That leak does kinda stall all reasonable discussion.
As a Fire Emblem fan for years and a obsessed Awakening player I just can't see why Sakurai or IS would let Chrom in over Lucina or even Robin. It doesn't make sense, and no one has a good argument for Chrom other than the leak.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

This implies there were any reasonable discussions about FE to begin with.:p

Or should I remind you of the fan-favourite Rye and Corn debates?:troll:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Lucina's final smash can always involve her floating in the air performing the Awakening and having Naga destroy everyone :040:

"Hope will never die!"

*Naga appears*

BOOM

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Do you guys do anything else in this thread other than insulting Chrom? No seriously, I'm wondering.
I like insulting Chrom without leak supporters attacking me, but still.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Do you guys do anything else in this thread other than insulting Chrom? No seriously, I'm wondering.
There's a difference between insulting and arguing why he does not deserve the representation. The worst REAL insult I've heard is that he's boring, but if you have a problem with that then..

Hong

The Strongest
If Kirby inhaled Lucina, what would his hat be? Blue hair would be identical to Marth, since it can't be any longer... Perhaps the butterfly mask?

Reginleif

Smash Ace
If Kirby inhaled Lucina, what would his hat be? Blue hair would be identical to Marth, since it can't be any longer... Perhaps the butterfly mask?
The iconic butterfly mask x100000000

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord

This is one of the better posts I found on these boards, agree with everything.

Check all the posts here and see for yourself(all the pages). We don't really insult him, How could we insult the man that created the character we support?
The only thing I myself insult are the people that are ignorent which imo is fair :ace:

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
There's a difference between insulting and arguing why he does not deserve the representation. The worst REAL insult I've heard is that he's boring, but if you have a problem with that then..
Maybe insulting was an extreme word but it feels like there is more discussion as to why Chrom shouldn't be in as opposed to why Lucy should. There is also a lack of discussion of how Robin could affect her chances, since I don't think that there will be more than 3 Fire Emblem reps.

Hong

The Strongest
Maybe insulting was an extreme word but it feels like there is more discussion as to why Chrom shouldn't be in as opposed to why Lucy should. There is also a lack of discussion of how Robin could affect her chances, since I don't think that there will be more than 3 Fire Emblem reps.
Tactician Lucina tips the scales of fate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom