• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I know. Anyone else?
I also just had the sudden urge to see an FE version of the Hall Monitor episode of Spongebob.
Why is it that I can picture Robin in the Spongebob role (maniac=Grima?)?

And I love the headcanon of Robin having the two Morgans as twins. That, or the two Robins being twins themselves and each having a kid named Morgan.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Why is it that I can picture Robin in the Spongebob role (maniac=Grima?)?

And I love the headcanon of Robin having the two Morgans as twins. That, or the two Robins being twins themselves and each having a kid named Morgan.
Because Spongebob is great. I also want to see FE version of the chocolate episode and Band Geeks.

Shaymikyu

Because Spongebob is great. I also want to see FE version of the chocolate episode and Band Geeks.
Vaike: Is mayonnaise an instrument?
Miriel: No, Vaike, mayonnaise is not an instrument... Horse radish isn't an instrument either.
Walhart: Do instruments of torture count?
Stahl: When do we get the free food?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Vaike: Is mayonnaise an instrument?
Miriel: No, Vaike, mayonnaise is not an instrument... Horse radish isn't an instrument either.
Walhart: Do instruments of torture count?
Stahl: When do we get the free food?
Can someone just get the script for this episode?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
For some bizarre reason the thought of either Morgan petting a Shaymin popped in my head.

Meh.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Don't know if this is relevant here, but Shofu has a series where he plays all the characters in For Glory and the way he decides which character to play next is by seeing what the top comment suggests. Currently, Lucina is in the lead, and people have been trying for ages to get her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MUPkRfXgtc
Like the comment so we can see some Lucina! If you can't find it, go to all comments and F3 for TheBlindandDeaf.

Shaymikyu

Morgan would probably "pet" Shaymin just like Morgan was "petting" Yarne
F!Morgan really is younger F!Robin. They treat Yarne almost the same (though F!Robin is slightly gentler and just annoys him with ticklish petting).

EDIT: Okay, so I've avoided C-Supporting Chrom with anyone (except Gaius and Vaike, but they can't marry him), and now I'm about to get Olivia. Do I pair them up, or just have her dance for him a certain amount of times? I don't want Chrom to get his canon love interest Village Maiden.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
F!Morgan really is younger F!Robin. They treat Yarne almost the same (though F!Robin is slightly gentler and just annoys him with ticklish petting).

EDIT: Okay, so I've avoided C-Supporting Chrom with anyone (except Gaius and Vaike, but they can't marry him), and now I'm about to get Olivia. Do I pair them up, or just have her dance for him a certain amount of times? I don't want Chrom to get his canon love interest Village Maiden.
Dance and bunch of times and have them fight togeather. Basically you want him to get C support with Olvia by the end of the mission, so she effectively is the highest viable person for him to marry.

Shaymikyu

Dance and bunch of times and have them fight togeather. Basically you want him to get C support with Olvia by the end of the mission, so she effectively is the highest viable person for him to marry.
I had her dance twice and now she's glued to Chrom's side. With the way enemies swarm you in this level it should hopefully only take one try.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What I did once was spent literally 200 turns having Olivia dance for Chrom while elsewhere Robin kept Gangrel entertained until his Levin Sword broke. It did at least make Olivia useful as a combat unit in the next chapter, and meant Lucina and Inigo had better than usual starting stats.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, have any of you found a Link mii hat or Fox mii hat in super smash bros 3ds, cause I really want them for my mii and casue based of kirby's Fox hat, would look really cool.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I like there voice, especially Toon Links, it's pretty cute. Also I'd imagine a conversation between the to being like this

:4tlink::HYPT, TUP, TA, WAYYYYAAAAAAAAAA.

:4link::HAR, TAR, TA, SHAYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:4tlink:: COME ON!
late, but I'd totally prefer it if Toon Link called my name instead ;)

@ Moydow Moydow , I've already said I mostly like your stuff/thought process. I do think you're relying a bit too much on people running into your attacks, but your choices otherwise are pretty solid.

Shaymikyu

I thought I had failed at getting them to support, then Olivia just suddenly pops out of nowhere after the time skip. I was expecting dialogue or something.:laugh:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I think I am finally starting to get the hang of playing as Lucina in Smash. As someone who basically had only ever played as Toon Link in Brawl, I kinda had to unlearn all the ingrained instinct to jump around a lot and try to keep people airborn, since while she's not bad at it, Lucina is clearly not an air fighter. So i have had to get used to staying more on the ground, using rolls and speed to out maneuver and strike at openings and such. Still need to work on my timing, since I can never seem to pull off the perfect shield breaker to pop enemy sheilds correctly.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Still need to work on my timing, since I can never seem to pull off the perfect shield breaker to pop enemy sheilds correctly.
of course, that depends on your enemy's timing of putting up the shield as well. If the enemy manages to perfect-shield it, nothing happens (if you're playing CPUs, that's gonna happen a lot). Sounds odd for a shield *breaker* attack, but that's how it is.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Shaya Shaya
Great video. I actually learned that the up throw kills after 150%. Now I have another tool in my arsenal. Anyways, as for the Peach player you gave me a few ideas of what to do in the match-up.

Shaymikyu

Yarne's mission is a lot bigger pain than I remember... Maybe because I did it after I beat the main game before. Should I go to grind city, or just ally with one side instead of reaping the maximum rewards? I'd rather not wait until I beat the game again.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Awe, I finally got my first death/reset in my Robin file. Poor Cordelia, I didn't see that archer there; I should've used your partner Stahl instead. ;_;

Shaymikyu

I just allied with a side. I got the satisfaction of beating both in my first file and I need Yarne ASAP. I'm not missing out on too much aside from the extra bullion, which gets not too hard to make once you hit a certain point.

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
Okay, Vaike is starting to piss me off in this chapter. I've lost him to a paladin once when he was about to die and then another time when he was at full health and I had already beaten the commander. This game is a joke.

I might add that the other time was another paladin.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Sorry if commentary/microphone is a little crackly or hard to hear at certain points.
Those were great matches. I'll update the Logbook after classes.

Ok I really gotta get this off my chest, and pardon my insensitivity, but...

I REALLY REALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE A WOMAN THIS WHOLE TIME and God why am I the only one with these issues in a bloody forum

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Those were great matches. I'll update the Logbook after classes.

Ok I really gotta get this off my chest, and pardon my insensitivity, but...

I REALLY REALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE A WOMAN THIS WHOLE TIME and God why am I the only one with these issues in a bloody forum
I prescribe to neutrality in life~ But I'm otherwise prolific enough within the live smash community so people aren't confused, the tendency for Americans/Westerners to mispronounce my name with femininity and how I masquerade with anime puts people off and I don't particularly care enough to worry about it :)

I may in fact get a minor kick out of people getting it wrong, because I don't take any measures to hide it, haha. But I think I get more of a kick out of when people meet me and have all expectations squelched (I'm a weirdo~)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I prescribe to neutrality in life~ But I'm otherwise prolific enough within the live smash community so people aren't confused, the tendency for Americans/Westerners to mispronounce my name with femininity and how I masquerade with anime puts people off and I don't particularly care enough to worry about it :)

I may in fact get a minor kick out of people getting it wrong, because I don't take any measures to hide it, haha. But I think I get more of a kick out of when people meet me and have all expectations squelched (I'm a weirdo~)
You put me off :seuss:

I mean, you can usually tell the genders of most moderators(because I have this issue with them mostly but can also apply to regular users) because they flat out say it. Some, like Hong, are ambiguous enough but let a small detail slip(Googling her title pretty much set hers in stone) that reveals it, and with some, you're flat out deceived and baffled. Which is exactly what happened with you.

And no worries, I'm fine with otaku guys, I've seen worse.

But I digress, if you happen to have any additional comment, say it and let's not derail.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
lol, I doubt I deceived you beyond anything of an assumption. For some reason I feel like my innate bluntness, extreme prejudice and lack of care for people's innate emotions made me obviously Male in tone in online environments, but I digress, the feminists are looking for any opportunity to cull me and they grow in number and power by the day.

And nah, I'm not an otaku guy, nor weird in that type of way, lalalalalalala~

upload_2014-10-21_0-35-51.png

Anyway my love streak finally ended tonight. Really wanted to get 100% in 50 games, but -johns-johns- (I'll let you know if they're valid tomorrow depending on how a doctor's appointment goes :p)
Lost to fatties (Dedede, Ganon, Yoshi and Donkey Kong) basically only doing three actions: shielding, rolling and dash attacking (or in d3's case down tilt). Couldn't do **** about it really, got shield breaker on them multiple times but it never accentuated to anything as they could stall until shields were full again *sigh*.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Yarne's mission is a lot bigger pain than I remember... Maybe because I did it after I beat the main game before. Should I go to grind city, or just ally with one side instead of reaping the maximum rewards? I'd rather not wait until I beat the game again.
just ally with one side.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Anyone seen any good artwork lately?
Also, there has been a sad lack of fluff lately... I needs more fluff...
Also, there are almost no good Lucina-centric Smash fics.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Okay, Vaike is starting to piss me off in this chapter. I've lost him to a paladin once when he was about to die and then another time when he was at full health and I had already beaten the commander. This game is a joke.

I might add that the other time was another paladin.
Vaike is a powerhouse, but in my file he seems to always get hit no matter what, hence why his wife Panne always leads. He took the back burner on my other 2 runs.
Congrats! OliviaxChrom is great.
It is really cute now that I've seen it in action. I almost like it more than Chrom/Robin or Chrom/Sumia now. I expected it to feel weird with how rushed it is, but their interactions are so cute and that scene where she meets Lucina just makes me want to hug Olivia so much. She's just so happy over it once she knows who Lucina is. I'm starting to think every Olivia support is gold, though.

Anyway, now that I have Morgan on both runs, I'm turning back to Smash and alternating between the two runs and SSB.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Vaike is a powerhouse, but in my file he seems to always get hit no matter what, hence why his wife Panne always leads. He took the back burner on my other 2 runs.

It is really cute now that I've seen it in action. I almost like it more than Chrom/Robin or Chrom/Sumia now. I expected it to feel weird with how rushed it is, but their interactions are so cute and that scene where she meets Lucina just makes me want to hug Olivia so much. She's just so happy over it once she knows who Lucina is. I'm starting to think every Olivia support is gold, though.

Anyway, now that I have Morgan on both runs, I'm turning back to Smash and alternating between the two runs and SSB.
Nice. Did Morgan marry in either of the runs? And who will they marry?

Shaymikyu

Nice. Did Morgan marry in either of the runs? And who will they marry?
Not yet. As I said before, female Morgan will marry Gerome when I get farther along and can do his mission without sweating, and Yarne Morgan will either marry Lucina or Nah. Most likely Lucina because I'm putting off recruiting the other kids in my Yarne run for a while.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not yet. As I said before, female Morgan will marry Gerome when I get farther along and can do his mission without sweating, and Yarne Morgan will either marry Lucina or Nah. Most likely Lucina because I'm putting off recruiting the other kids in my Yarne run for a while.
I like those pairings.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Anyway my love streak finally ended tonight. Really wanted to get 100% in 50 games, but -johns-johns- (I'll let you know if they're valid tomorrow depending on how a doctor's appointment goes :p)
Lost to fatties (Dedede, Ganon, Yoshi and Donkey Kong) basically only doing three actions: shielding, rolling and dash attacking (or in d3's case down tilt). Couldn't do **** about it really, got shield breaker on them multiple times but it never accentuated to anything as they could stall until shields were full again *sigh*.
I feel like there's a couple of online strats that Marth really struggles with because of the terrible combination that is FD only, no customs, and online latency. Campy Samus and Greninja play can also difficult to crack if they're actually competent with those characters.

Anyone seen any good artwork lately?
Also, there has been a sad lack of fluff lately... I needs more fluff...
Also, there are almost no good Lucina-centric Smash fics.
Not really Lucina-centric but idgaf it's funny: http://ticcytx.tumblr.com/post/92194471109/i-imagine-that-when-robin-calls-up-chrom-for-a-final

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

If you are getting to the point where grinding is a pain, the Exponential Growth map is only 2.50 I think, if you buy it stand-alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom