• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
If you are getting to the point where grinding is a pain, the Exponential Growth map is only 2.50 I think, if you buy it stand-alone
I'm actually fine for the story mode, but I wanted to get more kids on my male Robin run first. I might do that this weekend, though. My university internet and eShop don't mix.

EDIT: Oops, accidentally got the Lucina and Robin threads crossed.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I'm actually fine for the story mode, but I wanted to get more kids on my male Robin run first. I might do that this weekend, though. My university internet and eShop don't mix.

EDIT: Oops, accidentally got the Lucina and Robin threads crossed.
Understandable. Basically the map has Risen that run from one end to the other, of various levels, each giving lots of EXP, and don't fight back. Though be careful, the highest level ones have counter, so only attack them with ranged attacks.

Technically for late game units it no longer becomes the best map to grind on, with for high level units the Lost Bloodlines 3 map being better due to the sheer number of enemies on the map. At that level each will only give 8 EXP (16 if you have the ability Paragon on your unit, that the map awards) and just sit them on the fort in the middle of the map with an weapon that hits 1-2 squares away and just keep ending your turn to let all enemies suicide on that one unit. Will end up getting like 7-8 levels per go.

Last edited:

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
@ Fluffyeevee Fluffyeevee You going to introduce yourself?
Looks like I don't have a choice now.

Hello everyone of this fine thread, my name is Fluffyeevee. After lurking in this thread for a long time (Longer than I've been a member, actually.) and getting some encouragement from someone, I've decided to introduce my self, so, uh.. Hi. So, whats the current discussion?

Egh that took way longer than it should have to gain courage to post this because shyness went on overdrive.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Hello everyone of this fine thread, my name is Fluffyeevee. After lurking in this thread for a long time (Longer than I've been a member, actually.) and getting some encouragement from someone, I've decided to introduce my self, so, uh.. Hi. So, whats the current discussion?

Egh that took way longer than it should have to gain courage to post this because shyness went on overdrive.
*insert :4shulk: trailer here*

Hi, and welcome to our humble abode.

If you don't find us in the middle of Lucina discussion in Smash 4, then the topic is usually fanart, Awakening in general, or Lucina in general. We're a nice lot, so don't be shy.

Enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

As someone who tends to lurk in a ton of different forums, I can completely understand.

Anyhow, welcome, have some cute pictures as a welcome gift.

And now, the single cutest Lucina fanart in the history of the universe.

Current discussion at this point is mostly the occasional tidbits of experiences playing as Lucina in smash, and at this current moment everyone screaming over eachother to give pairing suggestions/advice to Gracidea Shaymin as she plays through FE:A.

But, as I'm sure you are aware from lurking here, the discussion will inevitably turn into talking about our favorite FE:A pairing and how much we all ship Robin and Lucina. Also, shameless promotion of my fanfic also happens a lot, since when it comes to self promotion, I am utterly shameless.

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
*insert :4shulk: trailer here*

Hi, and welcome to our humble abode.

If you don't find us in the middle of Lucina discussion in Smash 4, then the topic is usually fanart, Awakening in general, or Lucina in general. We're a nice lot, so don't be shy.

Enjoy your stay.
As someone who tends to lurk in a ton of different forums, I can completely understand.

Current discussion at this point is mostly the occasional tidbits of experiences playing as Lucina in smash, and at this current moment everyone screaming over eachother to give pairing suggestions/advice to Gracidea Shaymin as she plays through FE:A.

But, as I'm sure you are aware from lurking here, the discussion will inevitably turn into talking about our favorite FE:A pairing and how much we all ship Robin and Lucina. Also, shameless promotion of my fanfic also happens a lot, since when it comes to self promotion, I am utterly shameless.
asdf You people make me feel so welcome here~ And I'll just say that i'm, by no means, a stranger when it comes to pairings (If I could show you my dedication to RobinxLucina I would.) and the situations that arise in this discussion. Glad to see this didn't go like it had went in my head.

I, sadly, cannot comment on useful pairings because 1. I cant find my FE:A card anywhere and 2. Im not good at all with pairings, I usually just pair people with who I think fits them the most.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
asdf You people make me feel so welcome here~ And I'll just say that i'm, by no means, a stranger when it comes to pairings (If I could show you my dedication to RobinxLucina I would.) and the situations that arise in this discussion. Glad to see this didn't go like it had went in my head.

I, sadly, cannot comment on useful pairings because 1. I cant find my FE:A card anywhere and 2. Im not good at all with pairings, I usually just pair people with who I think fits them the most.
To be 100% honest, most of our suggestions we've been shouting out over the last few pages have been more or less "omg, you should put __________ with __________, since they are adorable together!" with the occasional suggestion based on gameplay.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

What. No new pics? For shame.

Seriously, there might be like two people who don't ship them here. And we talk about cute pairings. Like Lucina!MorganxGerome.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hey I remember that fanfiction! I was devastated when I first saw it wasn't updated in such a long time, good to see he's back and making more. Made me "Aww" many times.
Same here! I actually helped get him to finish the chapter!

Shaymikyu

To be 100% honest, most of our suggestions we've been shouting out over the last few pages have been more or less "omg, you should put __________ with __________, since they are adorable together!" with the occasional suggestion based on gameplay.
And some work out both ways. My Yarne!Morgan is destroying everything right now. I almost think I could beat the rest of the main story with him alone if I really wanted to.

Normally I just go with who I think would be cutest together, though, although some work out really well in the end stat-wise too.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
And some work out both ways. My Yarne!Morgan is destroying everything right now. I almost think I could beat the rest of the main story with him alone if I really wanted to.

Normally I just go with who I think would be cutest together, though, although some work out really well in the end stat-wise too.
Like Robin and Lucina.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Did you remember to have him inherit galeforce? Also, the ridiculous strength will only become pronounced once you max it out (as it will then be like 8 higher than it should be).

For over all build I'd personally recommend also picking up Luna and Ignis to maximize damage output. Maybe grab Pavise and vantage for some more tankyness.

Shaymikyu

Did you remember to have him inherit galeforce? Also, the ridiculous strength will only become pronounced once you max it out (as it will then be like 8 higher than it should be).

For over all build I'd personally recommend also picking up Luna and Ignis to maximize damage output. Maybe grab Pavise and vantage for some more tankyness.
Nope, I forgot again. Oh well. At least I can still get my Lucina!Robin Galeforce. I was just impatient to get him, to be honest. I can definitely do the rest, though, although I'll probably focus more on the abilities after I beat the main game again.

Shaymikyu

Aether Morgan is beautiful. Morgan should never have Aether because then you can never go back. Add in Galeforce and everything is broken forever.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice

I'm doing the exact same thing with my pairings, or I am going to. Since this is the first time I've ever played fire emblem, I'm still learning a lot of the stat benefits depending on marriages and pairings and I haven't gotten to the chapter when marriage is activated yet and I just started to learn what benefits particular marriages can pass down from reading guides.

For me, I like to go with ones that I feel fits the character well or is adorable. I've married Chrom and Sumia so far and I enjoyed their support conversations and I'm loving Panne and Lon'qu's a lot which is the next marriage I'm working on getting. I really love the support conversations because of the nice character writing and interactions you get from each unit and how they evolve as characters from a gameplay standpoint and relationship. As well as some funny moments like when Lissa did the prank with the frog on my avatar unit. I love it.

I've started playing Awakening as we speak and I'm in love with it right now. The characters are fun and colorful. The gameplay is deep and engaging, the music is pretty good, I love a lot of things and I can't believe I missed out on the other installments since this is my type of game I enjoy and I've never felt so guilty or connected for a character when they die. I feel like a horrible person and that I failed them. I like when you feel a human connection with a character, it makes for great story and play through. So glad I bought it and I can't wait to try out other installments. Any previous games you guys recommend?

I also feel the story at times is symbolic of what was happening with The Fire Emblem series at the time and it's uncertain future. So many moments so far that I connected to and feel relate to what was happening. I'm also liking from what I've seen of Lucina's character and I can relate to some of her struggles. I find her to be a very symbolic character as well. To me she represents a beacon of light or butterfly that helped save Fire Emblem from a bleak future and has very inspirings and touching quotes such as "Hope will never die" that represent hope for Fire Emblems uncertain future and rebirth of a bright future. It's no wonder you guys and intelligent systems like and adore the character a lot. Not to mention a great role model for female gamers and character overall.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm doing the exact same thing with my pairings, or I am going to. Since this is the first time I've ever played fire emblem, I'm still learning a lot of the stat benefits depending on marriages and pairings and I haven't gotten to the chapter when marriage is activated yet and I just started to learn what benefits particular marriages can pass down from reading guides.

For me, I like to go with ones that I feel fits the character well or is adorable. I've married Chrom and Sumia so far and I enjoyed their support conversations and I'm loving Panne and Lon'qu's a lot which is the next marriage I'm working on getting. I really love the support conversations because of the nice character writing and interactions you get from each unit and how they evolve as characters from a gameplay standpoint and relationship. As well as some funny moments like when Lissa did the prank with the frog on my avatar unit. I love it.

I've started playing Awakening as we speak and I'm in love with it right now. The characters are fun and colorful. The gameplay is deep and engaging, the music is pretty good, I love a lot of things and I can't believe I missed out on the other installments since this is my type of game I enjoy and I've never felt so guilty or connected for a character when they die. I feel like a horrible person and that I failed them. I like when you feel a human connection with a character, it makes for great story and play through. So glad I bought it and I can't wait to try out other installments. Any previous games you guys recommend?

I also feel the story at times is symbolic of what was happening with The Fire Emblem series at the time and it's uncertain future. So many moments so far that I connected to and feel relate to what was happening. I'm also liking from what I've seen of Lucina's character and I can relate to some of her struggles. I find her to be a very symbolic character as well. To me she represents a beacon of light or butterfly that helped save Fire Emblem from a bleak future and has very inspirings and touching quotes such as "Hope will never die" that represent hope for Fire Emblems uncertain future and rebirth of a bright future. It's no wonder you guys and intelligent systems like and adore the character a lot. Not to mention a great role model for female gamers and character overall.
Ike's games are pretty good I've heard. Who did :4robinm:marry?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ike's games are good but damn expensive. FE7 (the first one released internationally on the GBA, with Lyn, Eliwood and Hector) is available on the Wii U VC I believe, so that'd be a good bet.
If you qualified for the 3DS Ambassador games, you should already have Sacred Stones - if you want something similar to Awakening to ease you into the older games, it's the closest you'll get outside of the Japan-only ones.
Heroes of Light and Shadow (the DS Japan-only one) is also good, and was the first game with a playable avatar and casual mode, and the fan translation is pretty good. But it's Japan-only. There are ways of getting it, but... yeah.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Aether!Morgan for Smash.
She'd be banned in a heartbeat, though! I'm still rooting for Morgan alts for Robin if we ever get DLC alts, though.

Honestly, one of my favorite things about Awakening is the awesome female characters. Robin can be female herself and not just a blank slate, and all the other females have diverse personalities and are strong in their own way. Sumia is determined to be strong for her friends despite her clumsiness, Panne is aloof after witnessing the death of her species outside of her but still learns to see past species in some cases, Maribelle is very ladylike and can come across as snooty but truly is a good person who cares for Lissa, and so forth. It always makes me happy when a game, movie, show, or so forth can have female characters without just having "the token girl" or treating them as some sort of gimmick.
Ike's games are good but damn expensive. FE7 (the first one released internationally on the GBA, with Lyn, Eliwood and Hector) is available on the Wii U VC I believe, so that'd be a good bet.
I think it's only in Europe right now, sadly. Come on, America! Give us it on VC too! Or rerelease some of the games now that the content in SSB can help promote it.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If you're in Europe.
She'd be banned in a heartbeat, though! I'm still rooting for Morgan alts for Robin if we ever get DLC alts, though.

Honestly, one of my favorite things about Awakening is the awesome female characters. Robin can be female herself and not just a blank slate, and all the other females have diverse personalities and are strong in their own way. Sumia is determined to be strong for her friends despite her clumsiness, Panne is aloof after witnessing the death of her species outside of her but still learns to see past species in some cases, Maribelle is very ladylike and can come across as snooty but truly is a good person who cares for Lissa, and so forth. It always makes me happy when a game, movie, show, or so forth can have female characters without just having "the token girl" or treating them as some sort of gimmick.

I think it's only in Europe right now, sadly. Come on, America! Give us it on VC too! Or rerelease some of the games now that the content in SSB can help promote it.
Morgan could work as a clone of Robin.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Nope, I forgot again. Oh well. At least I can still get my Lucina!Robin Galeforce. I was just impatient to get him, to be honest. I can definitely do the rest, though, although I'll probably focus more on the abilities after I beat the main game again.
Hmmm, in that case a "damage" tank might be better better. Grab Vantage, Pavise, Aegis, Luna, and Ignis (or Sol for more tankness). Then have whoever he is paired with get Deliverer and other tasty support abilites if they can.

For the Lucina x Robin playthrough you have two good build paths for the two of them to take.

Option 1 is to make Lucina a damage/tank hybrid, and Robin a support.
- Lucina : Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike +/Limit Break, Pavise
- Robin: Dual Guard +, Athema, Deliverer, Armthrift (letting you sink money into a forging a weapon and not habing it break, since activatables are useless here) and limit break

Option 2 is to make Lucina a pure damage character and make Robin a tank, where you have Lucina do the first attack, then swap Robin to the front for the second move/attack galeforce gives you
- Lucina: Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike +, Rightfull King/Limit Break
- Robin: Pavise, Aegis, Sol, Vantage, Dual Guard +/Limit Break

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Ah, first playthrough. Good times. I sorta other thought it on my first playthrough, coming up with elaborate pariing charts to figure out who was going with who, since I am a dork like that.

Also, who do you plan to pair your Robin to?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ah, first playthrough. Good times. I sorta other thought it on my first playthrough, coming up with elaborate pariing charts to figure out who was going with who, since I am a dork like that.

10 bucks says it's Lucina because of Smash.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Hmmm, in that case a "damage" tank might be better better. Grab Vantage, Pavise, Aegis, Luna, and Ignis (or Sol for more tankness). Then have whoever he is paired with get Deliverer and other tasty support abilites if they can.

For the Lucina x Robin playthrough you have two good build paths for the two of them to take.

Option 1 is to make Lucina a damage/tank hybrid, and Robin a support.
- Lucina : Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike +/Limit Break, Pavise
- Robin: Dual Guard +, Athema, Deliverer, Armthrift (letting you sink money into a forging a weapon and not habing it break, since activatables are useless here) and limit break

Option 2 is to make Lucina a pure damage character and make Robin a tank, where you have Lucina do the first attack, then swap Robin to the front for the second move/attack galeforce gives you
- Lucina: Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Dual Strike +, Rightfull King/Limit Break
- Robin: Pavise, Aegis, Sol, Vantage, Dual Guard +/Limit Break
I'm planning on pairing Yarne!Morgan with Lucina, so I'll keep that in mind.

And that first one sounds more or less like the Lucina I have on my first playthrough (though without Luna and Pavise, but she's a Robin child, so she has access to every class outside of male classes, DLC classes, and the exclusive ones). That first one tempts me because that's similar (but more complicated and stronger) to the way my Robin/Chrom support worked in the first run.

Mine were just whoever was closest to each other at the time and fought together a lot the first go round, though I did put some thought into the stragglers like Donnel/Sully. I was originally going to put my Robin with Lon'qu, Frederick, or Ricken (or Henry had I known about him) but I didn't know how marriage worked and thought you'd just get the option to choose at a certain chapter and she ended up with Chrom. Oops. At least I got two power children out of it and it has a lot to love like Chapter 21 and the conversations in the Summer and Hot Spring Scrambles.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Smash qustions for you guys. With Lucina, should I be focusing on using air attacks when closing the distance, or instead sprint/roll to out maneuver? I have been doing the later, and seems to work (and the former tends to end with me getting smacked out of mid air), but in all the videos I hav seen people do the former, so maybe I just suck.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
lol, I doubt I deceived you beyond anything of an assumption. For some reason I feel like my innate bluntness, extreme prejudice and lack of care for people's innate emotions made me obviously Male in tone in online environments, but I digress, the feminists are looking for any opportunity to cull me and they grow in number and power by the day.

And nah, I'm not an otaku guy, nor weird in that type of way, lalalalalalala~

View attachment 27802

Anyway my love streak finally ended tonight. Really wanted to get 100% in 50 games, but -johns-johns- (I'll let you know if they're valid tomorrow depending on how a doctor's appointment goes :p)
Lost to fatties (Dedede, Ganon, Yoshi and Donkey Kong) basically only doing three actions: shielding, rolling and dash attacking (or in d3's case down tilt). Couldn't do **** about it really, got shield breaker on them multiple times but it never accentuated to anything as they could stall until shields were full again *sigh*.
After a satisfying 2 wins in a row, my win rate is now at about a comfortable 30%.

And to think my teacher told me I would never amount to anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom