• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Oops, forgot about that. I meant to say for the best stats.

Also, for those who played fe7, Sacred stones, and Path of radiance, what stood out to you guys or what did you like about those games?
I have not played them actually, though I have heard good things about FE7. From what I can tell, the big debate amongst fans of the series seems to be which is the best FE game, FE7 or FE:A

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I have not played them actually, though I have heard good things about FE7. From what I can tell, the big debate amongst fans of the series seems to be which is the best FE game, FE7 or FE:A
...Sacred Stones master race.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Haven't played it myself (obviously), but isn't Path of Radiance another one? I remember that name coming up a bit in the "I finally got FE" thread on the Robin board.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Oops, forgot about that. I meant to say for the best stats.

Also, for those who played fe7, Sacred stones, and Path of radiance, what stood out to you guys or what did you like about those games?
Personally, I adored Path of Radiance the most of the three you've picked, and next to Awakening and Radiant Dawn, it's one of the best the series has to offer imo. The amount of depth in Tellius' history and lore is incredible and thoroughly explored in the games, and Ike's journey across the continent is wonderfully written, with some tragic twists on a side; the cast of quality characters just about rivals Awakening. I still have internal struggles as to determine whether PoR or Awakening is the best for me. XD

Blazing Sword (FE7) is one I don't think as highly as most, but it's still very much a solid game that I can definitely recommend to anyone. Asides from Lyn, Hector, and the Pegasus trio, I've only really liked Raven, his back-story, and his relationship with his sister, Priscilla, and Lucius.

Sacred Stones is another one I've thoroughly enjoyed, though not as much as the aforementioned three games. It was the first to introduce the map system that we see in Awakening, and for me that was godsend from all the GBA games; I can actually do a decent job of managing my inventory with all the shops available and grind if needed. I still cry from the ending... ;_;

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
FE7 was a competitive single player game. It was, in round about way, and likely by accident, a technical master piece.

Japan still rated Fire Emblem 4 as the best series up until post-remake of FE1. I don't know if they've been swayed by awakening.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I've actually tried playing FE7 after playing FE:A and it was ridiculous difficult to properly enjoy. Didn't really care for the characters that much, the story was kinda meh, the music was alright but nothing stood out to me personally, and because of how customizable Awakening was with it's options and gameplay, I had a hard time with the gameplay and the overall feel of it. Maybe it's because, at least for me, I felt everything in FE7, Awakening did so much better. But of course, I am quite bias, especially given FE:A was my first FE game and it has become one of my favourite games of all time, so that does factor into things. However, I honestly, truly, gave FE7 a fair chance and just couldn't enjoy it. I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying my opinion on the matter, and if I did, please forgive me for being so harsh on a game you enjoy. It's probably because FE:A was my first FE game that the previous games just feel like a step back now but if I had played FE7 first, I'm certain my opinion would have drastically been different.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Regardless of my...doubts about Japan finding this hot, this is still insanely purty.

:3

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hi guys.

Recently got to try out Lucina on a friend's smash, and she was amazing. Out of all characters I've ever played in smash, I really resonated with Lucina the most and how fast I felt comfortable with using her really shocked me. I picked her playstyle up immediately and loved how she felt. So, I'll be sticking around, and she's definitely going to be a secondary of mine. :)

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think it's kinda amazing how just a simple change such as tipping vs non tipping changes the play style so much between her and Marth. Makes her more aggressive with less focus on spacing.

Also, in my quest to beat all level 9 bots before I jump into multiplayer with Lucina, I have been having trouble dealing with Link, Shulk, and Zero Suit Samus. Any tips for those matchups?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hi guys.

Recently got to try out Lucina on a friend's smash, and she was amazing. Out of all characters I've ever played in smash, I really resonated with Lucina the most and how fast I felt comfortable with using her really shocked me. I picked her playstyle up immediately and loved how she felt. So, I'll be sticking around, and she's definitely going to be a secondary of mine. :)
Welcome! Just as a warning, we spend most of our time shipping Robin and Lucina.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Is it bad I think the same :4robinm: was responsible for both of these?

Also, this is useful

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Is it bad I think the same :4robinm: was responsible for both of these?

Also, this is useful
Well with the fact that FE:A operates on multiverse theory, there is at least one timeline where Robin is the father of every second gen character except for Lucina.

...Which terrifies me.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well with the fact that FE:A operates on multiverse theory, there is at least one timeline where Robin is the father of every second gen character except for Lucina.

...Which terrifies me.
But this is a timeline where knocked up both of Chrom's daughters... I kinda want to see a oneshot of this, and Robin being the father of every second gen character not Lucina. Who's Morgan's mom though?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
But this is a timeline where knocked up both of Chrom's daughters... I kinda want to see a oneshot of this, and Robin being the father of every second gen character not Lucina. Who's Morgan's mom though?
Lucina, since she is the one he can't be the father of and... Oh god why are we even talking about this. Quick, someone change the subject!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lucina, since she is the one he can't be the father of and... Oh god why are we even talking about this. Quick, someone change the subject!
So how about my idea for a fic where Robin and Lucina sleep-talk and one watches the other do so?

you wanted the subject changed

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

So how about my idea for a fic where Robin and Lucina sleep-talk and one watches the other do so?

you wanted the subject changed
Someone write this now please. Please!

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
FE7 was a competitive single player game. It was, in round about way, and likely by accident, a technical master piece.
I know... My FE7 stayed back home in PR... Last week I was searching for it in my GBA game case but alas it was nowhere to be found. I've always wanted an axe-wielder or some other weapon type user to have been playable in smash but we only get swords everywhere.
This guy would have been perfect:

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Aw yis, I completed a long session of Awakening, now just one chapter away from getting Lucina. Gangrel was a tough cookie, but I beat him on my second try.

I'm having troubles deciding who to pair up Lon'qu with between Olivia and Lissa. :ohwell:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I adored Path of Radiance the most of the three you've picked, and next to Awakening and Radiant Dawn, it's one of the best the series has to offer imo. The amount of depth in Tellius' history and lore is incredible and thoroughly explored in the games, and Ike's journey across the continent is wonderfully written, with some tragic twists on a side; the cast of quality characters just about rivals Awakening. I still have internal struggles as to determine whether PoR or Awakening is the best for me. XD

Blazing Sword (FE7) is one I don't think as highly as most, but it's still very much a solid game that I can definitely recommend to anyone. Asides from Lyn, Hector, and the Pegasus trio, I've only really liked Raven, his back-story, and his relationship with his sister, Priscilla, and Lucius.

Sacred Stones is another one I've thoroughly enjoyed, though not as much as the aforementioned three games. It was the first to introduce the map system that we see in Awakening, and for me that was godsend from all the GBA games; I can actually do a decent job of managing my inventory with all the shops available and grind if needed. I still cry from the ending... ;_;
I've heard that a lot for how it has the best story and the parts you mention interest me a bit. Radiant Dawn seems very interesting and I've heard it has very good gameplay.

I have heard a lot of good things about it and I know that Lyn and Hector are well liked characters. Eliwood seems to be overshadowed by the other two.

Yeah, the map is nice to have and it allows for a nice break. I usually check shops myself and fix up any items and do support conversations and the barracks.The ending is pretty sad In Sacred Stones I assume?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've heard that a lot for how it has the best story and the parts you mention interest me a bit. Radiant Dawn seems very interesting and I've heard it has very good gameplay.
Well, the mechanics in RD are much more refined (and maybe complex), but unfortunately, support conversations took an awful hit due to time constraints. There's base conversations, which *kinda* makes up for it, but it's really not the same. While RD's strongest point is easily the grandiose story, the difficulty is considered ridiculously wack, which is why I don't recommend it as quickly; strangely, it was my first FE game, so I've a conflicting opinion. XD

If IS brings back those games in the future, I hope they'll give it proper support conversations; it's the only facet that's holding back Radiant Dawn imo.

The ending is pretty sad In Sacred Stones I assume?
Ayup, it was pretty heart-wrenching for me; I won't go into it 'cause spoilers, but it really made you feel bad.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
FE9/10>FE7
For me, 9 yes, 10 no.

This is how I'd rate the games:
13 > 12 > 4 > (not by much) 9 > 7 > 8 > 10 > 3 > 6 => 5 > 2 > 1 = 11

The NES games (1 and 2 (Gaiden)) have not aged well. 11 (Shadow Dragon) is literally just the original with modern graphics (and the requirement to sacrifice half your army to get all the playable characters). If you must, go for the remake, but neither are particularly great (the original's deficiencies are more excusable because it's an NES game though).
3 (Mystery of the Emblem) was decent, and also contains a remake of 1 (making SD a re-remake), but its remake (which obviously lacks the remake of 1) trumps it in every way. (so many remakes o.O)
4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) has (in my opinion, of course) one of, if not the best plot of the entire series, some of its more interesting characters, and contains two of the handful of scenes in any videogame to actually make me tear up:
the end of Chapter 5, where Sigurd and his entire army are killed, immediately after Arvis tortures Sigurd by showing him his (Arvis', formerly Sigurd's) wife Deirdre, who has been brainwashed and no longer remembers Sigurd;
and a hidden scene in Chapter 10, where Seliph meets the ghosts of his parents (Sigurd and Deirdre).
Should have similar replay value to Awakening given it has the same pairings-and-children system, but kinda fails because unlike Awakening, there are a couple of objectively bad pairings stats-wise, and it's impossible to pair Sigurd with anyone other than Deirdre. Otherwise, the game is excellent.
5 (Thracia 776) I haven't played to completion. It's notorious for its difficulty, and had some... interesting mechanics (fatigue can go to hell though).
6 (Binding Blade, :roypm:'s game) was decent enough. The plot wasn't great though (practically a rehash of 3's), and Roy himself is a bland character. It's the weakest of the GBA games by some length.
7 everyone probably knows about by now. I don't find myself wanting to go back to it as much as I do the games I ranked above it though.
8 (Sacred Stones) was a bit easy for my liking. Characters, plot and gameplay are still decent though. It's just a shame there was only one Magvel game.
9 (Path of Radiance) beats out 10 (Radiant Dawn) by quite a bit for me. The plot is better in my opinion, and it has proper supports so you actually get to know the characters (probably related to why I preferred its plot). 10 completely failed to make me care about most of the new characters it introduced (Meg and Fiona, I'm looking at you), which is one of the worst things an FE game can do. It was still a good game to play though (except for the Fail Brigade - Part 1 is hell in anything other than Normal difficulty, so don't come here if you've only played Awakening before), the mechanics are more polished than in PoR, and it does carry its plot well, despite the relative lack of character depth.
12 (New Mystery, the remake of 3) was my favourite before Awakening came along. Takes everything SD did wrong, and fixes it - so no more culling your army because you want to recruit everyone. Also has actual support conversations (Marth isn't as bad as SD made him look). A lot of the best bits of Awakening are in here too, just slightly less refined (for example the Avatar exists, but his/her reclass pool is fairly limited the first few times you play).
and Awakening... well I probably don't need to explain that here :p

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Aw yis, I completed a long session of Awakening, now just one chapter away from getting Lucina. Gangrel was a tough cookie, but I beat him on my second try.

I'm having troubles deciding who to pair up Lon'qu with between Olivia and Lissa. :ohwell:
You gonna marry her? Also, LissaxLon'qu for mini Lon'qu. Same for ChromxOlivia.

Fluffyeevee

Criminal among Criminals
NNID
Thefluffyeeveee
3DS FC
2423-4481-8726
Hey guys, I just got done writting the first scene of the next chapter of Future Disowned, and I am so proud of it I decided I am going to post it here as a preview. I would love to hear your guys thoughts/comments on it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/160Ce_lai5MlzKUVBogAIw1kFZ0tN0baL40nyIENETWY/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE: do not read if you have not already read up to the most recent chapter of A Future Disowned if you care about spoilers.
Speaking of your fanfic, I'm starting to read it today. Good stuff so far, hope it doesn't stop suddenly like other great stories, though.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
@ Robertman2 Robertman2 If you end up reading the preview thing I posted, please give me feedback. Even if its just your reaction to it, tell me!
Finished reading the preview. It was great.
Though I did start to read FP!Robin's lines to Morgan in Professor X's voice. Days of Future Past was so freaking good.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Speaking of your fanfic, I'm starting to read it today. Good stuff so far, hope it doesn't stop suddenly like other great stories, though.
I finished a 49 chapter long fanfic for another video game series over the course of two years. As someone who hates went fanfics drop off the face of the earth, the one thing I always try to do is finish what I start.

Also, in case you were unaware, my fanfic is actually based on a super elaborate head canon I based on an super elaborate fan theory that explains EVERYTHING regarding the Future Past DLC (and a ton of stuff in the main game too). I made a huge wall of text post explaining this theory like 90 pages back, and can go hunt it down if you want to read it, though it will involve spoilers (though by the end of the upcoming chapter I will have revealed 90% of what the theory states, so at that point it won't be spoilers)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I finished a 49 chapter long fanfic for another video game series over the course of two years. As someone who hates went fanfics drop off the face of the earth, the one thing I always try to do is finish what I start.
You better finish it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You better finish it.
If any fanfic is in danger of updates stopping, its my other story based on a different series, as I have been hitting massive writers block with it and lack of motivation. And even that one I intend to keep writing.

With a Future Disowned I am at peak inspiration and motivation to write, letting me knock out like 1-2k words in a single writing session.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
You gonna marry her? Also, LissaxLon'qu for mini Lon'qu. Same for ChromxOlivia.
Yeah, I made the default Robin just to pair him up with her. XD

Chrom is already taken, so that just leaves Olivia by herself. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom