• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
The trailer didn't spoil it for you?
I didn't make the connection somehow that Lucina was referring to Chrom as her father and wasn't just prideful of her father.:laugh: That, or I just forgot about that bit in the trailer when I got the game months later. I was a bit distracted by how awesome Robin looked to use.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I didn't make the connection somehow that Lucina was referring to Chrom as her father and wasn't just prideful of her father.:laugh: That, or I just forgot about that bit in the trailer when I got the game months later. I was a bit distracted by how awesome Robin looked to use.
Ahh... I got the game a year before the trailer... I think I might be one of the few people here who didn't get because of Smash.

Shaymikyu

I've been wanting to try FE for years, but I always lost track of when the games came out. I would have gotten Awakening sooner if I knew it existed.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Yeah. Now I really want to see that. Especially with a version of :4lucina: that married :4robinm:, who still became Grima, and for whatever reason, she joined him.
And more Morgan scenes would be great.
You mean sorta kinda not really the same as the FP timeline of my fic

except the Future Lucina of that world died instead

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
Ahh... I got the game a year before the trailer... I think I might be one of the few people here who didn't get because of Smash.
I got the game the day it came out honestly. Haha, my original playthrough had me marry Miriel. The only real upside to that is Morgan looks adorable with red hair. I decided to have Laurent marry Lucina since I wanted to be forcefully related to Chrom, and Lissa died. Fast. My second playthrough I was just like "Hey, how about I marry his daughter? That'll piss him off". Then the pairing got way too cute and now I have an 11 chapter fanfic and am desperately trying to piece together all these chapters I've started.
All because I thought it would be funny to piss off Chrom.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
To be fair I didn't have a 3DS when the game came out. I had gotten one a month before the trailer came out, which reminded me that was a game I wanted to play.

I think the trailer honestly effected my decision to pair Robin with Lucina

Shaymikyu

To be fair I didn't have a 3DS when the game came out. I had gotten one a month before the trailer came out, which reminded me that was a game I wanted to play.

I think the trailer honestly effected my decision to pair Robin with Lucina
When I first saw the trailer, I thought Robin and Lucina might actually be a couple in-game canonically. Then it revealed that Robin had a female version and I figured they wouldn't go that route. Then I found out marriage was a thing in the game. It still makes me bummed how limited in supports some characters are (Chrom, Sumia, the first gen Paralogue and Spotpass characters).

In fact, I almost missed out on Cynthia because I didn't know how few people Sumia could support with. Fortunately, I still hadn't paired off Gaius when I found that out, and their support is adorable, but that would have been awful had I paired all of them off by then!

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
When I first saw the trailer, I thought Robin and Lucina might actually be a couple in-game canonically. Then it revealed that Robin had a female version and I figured they wouldn't go that route. Then I found out marriage was a thing in the game. It still makes me bummed how limited in supports some characters are (Chrom, Sumia, the first gen Paralogue and Spotpass characters).
To be fair Robin x Lucina is the most popular pairing for M!Robin, so it makes sense that the trailer implied it slightly.

Also, suck it other M!Robin pairings, them both being in smash makes it slightly more canon... Somehow. I don't know yet, I am sure after some mental gymnastics I will make sense somehow

Timmay08

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Timmay08
In fact, I almost missed out on Cynthia because I didn't know how few people Sumia could support with. Fortunately, I still hadn't paired off Gaius when I found that out, and their support is adorable, but that would have been awful had I paired all of them off by then!

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I got the game the day it came out honestly. Haha, my original playthrough had me marry Miriel. The only real upside to that is Morgan looks adorable with red hair. I decided to have Laurent marry Lucina since I wanted to be forcefully related to Chrom, and Lissa died. Fast. My second playthrough I was just like "Hey, how about I marry his daughter? That'll piss him off". Then the pairing got way too cute and now I have an 11 chapter fanfic and am desperately trying to piece together all these chapters I've started.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
My favorite Male Robin pairing aside from Lucina has got to be Cordelia. She's one of the few characters that seems to have a character arc in her relationship with Robin. Getting over the difficulties of both her abilities and her losses really make me sad she doesn't change the things she says after being married. (Shiny spots and DLC really hurt that for me).

The other one I've come to really like is Panne. While it's not overly emotional, I feel like the two are coming to understand each other over time, and that S rank is just one of the cutest ones you can get.

Lissa is always fun, but lately I've found myself falling off her pair with Robin just because the entire arc is her pranking him for attention. Makes me feel like neither she nor Robin change in any way or even learn anything about each other.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Ehh. Honestly, I'm reading my own story because there is a severe lack of Robin/Lucina fics (that I haven't read). I'm looking for inspiration. Which is haaaaaaard.
Have you read my story? I mean, its low of fluff since its more plot focused, but there was still some in chapter 1... and more to come in the chapter i am posting friday.

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
Have you read my story? I mean, its low of fluff since its more plot focused, but there was still some in chapter 1... and more to come in the chapter i am posting friday.
I have. And I love it. But I'm trying to write another "Robin needs Lucina" chapter since I have a large amount of "Lucina needs Robin" chapters. It's just hard to come up with material. Especially in the loveless life that is college. T-T

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
@ GhostPanda1314 GhostPanda1314 You could always ask us for suggestions. I really want to see the one with little :4lucina: that we were talking about.
I've got so many half ideas I'm working on at the same time.Probably about five chapters in the works honestly... I'll take your advice though.

Citizens! Robin/Lucina supporters! Lend me your ideas!

...please?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I have. And I love it. But I'm trying to write another "Robin needs Lucina" chapter since I have a large amount of "Lucina needs Robin" chapters. It's just hard to come up with material. Especially in the loveless life that is college. T-T
Yeah, i plan to touch on something in that regards much later in the story, since there is not nearly enough "Robin needs Lucina". Unfortunately, having that happen right now in the story makes less sense, given whats going on. Them being currently in a timeline that is a lot like the timeline Lucina came from giving her some serious PTSD, while Robin is currently in the annoying state of being at peace with the whole "is/was Grima" thing after killing Grima. Hopefully near the end when stuff has happened the two of them will be in a position where I can show off just how much Robin needs Lucina.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm having trouble thinking of a situation for that kind of story. I need some more fluff tonight.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I've got so many half ideas I'm working on at the same time.Probably about five chapters in the works honestly... I'll take your advice though.

Citizens! Robin/Lucina supporters! Lend me your ideas!

...please?
If you need "Robin needs Lucina" content, why not have a chapter set after chapter 23 of the game, where despite not killing Chrom, Robin has just found out that he essentially is Grima. He could be terrified of what he might do, thinking he's a monster now, and feeling like all the pain Lucina went through, how much she suffered in her timeline, why she has constant nightmares is because of him. He could even be afraid that Lucina might hate him now, because he is Grima, the thing she hates above all else. Then you can have Lucina come in an comfort him, assuring him that he's not a monster, and that she doesn't hate him. Promises him that he's not Grima, and that he didn't hurt her, and that he's not responsible for what the other him did.

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
If you need "Robin needs Lucina" content, why not have a chapter set after chapter 23 of the game, where despite not killing Chrom, Robin has just found out that he essentially is Grima. He could be terrified of what he might do, thinking he's a monster now, and feeling like all the pain Lucina went through, how much she suffered in her timeline, why she has constant nightmares is because of him. He could even be afraid that Lucina might hate him now, because he is Grima, the thing she hates above all else. Then you can have Lucina come in an comfort him, assuring him that he's not a monster, and that she doesn't hate him. Promises him that he's not Grima, and that he didn't hurt her, and that he's not responsible for what the other him did.
You.
Youuuuuuuu.
I will be back.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Oh god, side tangent, I just saw this comment explaining why someone paired F!Robin with Chrom.

"I swear, my main reason for marrying Chrom is because after meeting the ridiculous cast of characters I was convinced that Ylisse would go to hell if I didn't take the throne myself and get **** done. I mean really, Chrom's adorable, but gods that boy can be dumb..."

i cannot find fault with this argument.

Shaymikyu

My favorite Male Robin pairing aside from Lucina has got to be Cordelia. She's one of the few characters that seems to have a character arc in her relationship with Robin. Getting over the difficulties of both her abilities and her losses really make me sad she doesn't change the things she says after being married. (Shiny spots and DLC really hurt that for me).

The other one I've come to really like is Panne. While it's not overly emotional, I feel like the two are coming to understand each other over time, and that S rank is just one of the cutest ones you can get.

Lissa is always fun, but lately I've found myself falling off her pair with Robin just because the entire arc is her pranking him for attention. Makes me feel like neither she nor Robin change in any way or even learn anything about each other.
I'm not sure if her conversation is similar with :4robinm:, but after playing Summer Scramble and seeing her conversation with :4robinf:, Cordelia is another consideration for my :4robinm: run. And Panne always was one because Taguel Morgan. I think I'll either go Sumia or Lucina. Sumia because I adore her and her daughter, Lucina because it's Lucina, actually changes some story dialogue, and broken Morgan with Aether. Shame you can't have a sibling for her- I really love the idea of either Morgan having a sibling.
Oh god, side tangent, I just saw this comment explaining why someone paired F!Robin with Chrom.

"I swear, my main reason for marrying Chrom is because after meeting the ridiculous cast of characters I was convinced that Ylisse would go to hell if I didn't take the throne myself and get **** done. I mean really, Chrom's adorable, but gods that boy can be dumb..."

i cannot find fault with this argument.
This actually makes an insane amount of sense. Though I could see Maribelle whipping him into shape, or even Sully.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
New headcanon: :4robinm: is the only reason why Ylisse didn't go to hell while Chrom was in charge.
And regarding non-Lucina pairings for Robin, I like Tharja (don't ding me) and Lissa.

Shaymikyu

Out of curiosity- what classes are your guys' Lucina, Robin, and Morgan? I'm trying to figure out where to leave them on my female Robin playthrough. I'm leaning toward Dark Flier Lucina, but I'm not sure on the other two (Robin is currently a Dark Flier to get Galeforce- which she finally did recently- and Morgan is a Grandmaster for Ignis- which he got too now). I know the classes are slightly different for male Robin and female Morgan, but some are shared.

New headcanon: :4robinm: is the only reason why Ylisse didn't go to hell while Chrom was in charge.
And regarding non-Lucina pairings for Robin, I like Tharja (don't ding me) and Lissa.
Well, Noire needs a good father, and Robin's a good fit. Though, while I haven't finished their supports, I think Tharja in the present will probably end up a better mother than the Tharja that raised Noire. And Lissa is another I considered.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You.
Youuuuuuuu.
I will be back.
Glad I could help.

To be honest, i am so dissapointed the game didn't touch on Robin having to come to terms with his identity as the chosen vessel of Grima who became Grima in the original timeline.

I would touch on this in my own story, but well, its set at the point where Robin has already kinda come to terms with it. Killing the version of you that did turn into Grima and then coming back to life without the mark kinda does that.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Non Lucina pairings for :4robinm: that I happen to like but will never do, in order of liking:

Lissa(pranks bring back some funny memories)
Anna(helps that her birthday immediately precedes mine)
Cordelia
Cherche
Sully

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity- what classes are your guys' Lucina, Robin, and Morgan? I'm trying to figure out where to leave them on my female Robin playthrough. I'm leaning toward Dark Flier Lucina, but I'm not sure on the other two (Robin is currently a Dark Flier to get Galeforce- which she finally did recently- and Morgan is a Grandmaster for Ignis- which he got too now). I know the classes are slightly different for male Robin and female Morgan, but some are shared.

Well, Noire needs a good father, and Robin's a good fit. Though, while I haven't finished their supports, I think Tharja in the present will probably end up a better mother than the Tharja that raised Noire. And Lissa is another I considered.

I keep Robin as a grandmaster, though I switch his class a few times to pick up other skills. (My current Robin build runs Ignis, Pavise, Armthrift, Swordfaire, and Limit Break). Morgan also stays an Grandmaster, but with a different build (Galeforce, Ignis, Aether, Tomefaire, and Pavise). Lucina also stays an Great Lord, even though I know she'd be better as a Paladin for her build (Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Pavise, and Limit Break)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom