• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
How to be a Parent did that.
I just finished binge reading that and now the only thing that's on my mind is how long the wait is going to be for a new chapter to come out :(

Can anyone recommend me really good fanfics like How to be a Parent?

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
I just finished binge reading that and now the only thing that's on my mind is how long the wait is going to be for a new chapter to come out :(

Yeah, just gonna shamelessly self-promote. No Matter What the Future Holds is very good for sating any and all Robin/Lucina needs. So... Yeah. I hear the author's a jerk though.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Time Matters Not is pretty good. I'd say its a bit bellow How to be a Parent in terms of overall writting quality, but makes up for it with tons of fluff and humor that will make you "d'aaaaww" like every five seconds.

Yeah, just gonna shamelessly self-promote. No Matter What the Future Holds is very good for sating any and all Robin/Lucina needs. So... Yeah. I hear the author's a jerk though.
I will vouch for this. His story is pretty good too.

Though the author of that story isn't as big of a jerk as that TheWerdna guy who is writting a story call A Future Disowned, based on an incredibly elaborate headcanon he stole based on a fan theory.

Incedentally, if anyone does decide to read that story, I would appreciate any freedback you have. Only way for me to become a better writer is people telling me when I do a good job and when I don't

Last edited:

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
Time Matters Not is pretty good. I'd say its a bit bellow How to be a Parent in terms of overall writting quality, but makes up for it with tons of fluff and humor that will make you "d'aaaaww" like every five seconds.

Though the author of that story isn't as big of a jerk as that TheWerdna guy who is writting a story call A Future Disowned, based on an incredibly elaborate headcanon he stole based on a fan theory.

Incedentally, if anyone does decide to read that story, I would appreciate any freedback you have. Only way for me to become a better writer is people telling me when I do a good job and when I don't
Reviews are like candy to us writers.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Teach meeeee
Sadly if there is a review tag out there for Fire Emblem fanfics, then I have yet to find it.

Basically for some fandoms with a really active fanfic community people will set up a "review tag" forums thread, where basically you post, "tagging the person" who posted above you with the promise that you will leave a helpful review within the next 24 hour on one of their stories. In return someone else will tag you, getting you an review, and so on and so forth in a chain. Basically you trade reviews for more reviews on your own stuff.

Again though, not sure there is one for FE:A stories... if there was I would be abusing the hell out of it.

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet
Sadly if there is a review tag out there for Fire Emblem fanfics, then I have yet to find it.

Basically for some fandoms with a really active fanfic community people will set up a "review tag" forums thread, where basically you post, "tagging the person" who posted above you with the promise that you will leave a helpful review within the next 24 hour on one of their stories. In return someone else will tag you, getting you an review, and so on and so forth in a chain. Basically you trade reviews for more reviews on your own stuff.

Again though, not sure there is one for FE:A stories... if there was I would be abusing the hell out of it.
waaaaaant

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922
Fanfiction Recs... my forte.

Alright here I go:

Time Matters Not is one of my personal favorites. It's one I can go back to over and over again and still enjoy.
Fire Emblem Awakening - Invisible Ties is another really good one. It's well over 500,000 words though.
Bed Time Story has some flaws, but is overall a solid entry.
Grimleal's Wrath is a complete fanfiction that has a rather unique plot. Definitely a must read.
Robin's Bulletin Board is pure crack. Read it now.

Non Robin/Lucina recs
Symmetry is a hilarious Sacred Stones fic. Also has the greatest antagonist ever.
Everyone just calm down! No skewering! No disintegrations! is Robin/Tharja. It basically takes the controversial scene from chapter 21 and makes it comedy gold.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Saw that already...it's a huge missed opportunity, Just imagine Lucina in modern attire or her yukata

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
In the Prison Cell is really funny. Summery: After a failed plan, Robin and Chrom are locked in a cell in Valmese territory. As the two count their last moments, they remember the last years of their friendships. Little do Chrom knows, though, that Robin's plans always work.
Also Decruited is a funny story about :4robinm: firing the rest of the Shepards after the defeat of Grima. The Lucina and Morgan chapters are adorable.
WHY DOES THIS ONE HAVE TO BE SO SHORT

IT LITERALLY HAS THE BEST IDEA D:
Lucina: PDA is not appropriate, no matter how much either of us enjoy it, especially not when that's how your father finds out about our relationship while our daughter from the future waves awkwardly saying "hi grandpa"
Still really funny. PDA is Public Display of Affection, right?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
WHY DOES THIS ONE HAVE TO BE SO SHORT

IT LITERALLY HAS THE BEST IDEA D:
"Repeated brain trauma doesn't heal memories, it harms them. Also, we need those poles in tact. - No, honey. That doesn't mean you hit your head on the other side of the pole to 'even them out', dented metal doesn't work that way."

Best. Lines. Ever. lmao

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
4 days remaining until the game comes out!

I'm going to test to see if 5.0 Marth with no Continues will unlock Lucina or Falco first since I want to learn the character priority in terms of unlocking.

Hopefully I don't suck so bad with Marth that I muck it up >_<

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I'm going to test to see if 5.0 Marth with no Continues will unlock Lucina or Falco first since I want to learn the character priority in terms of unlocking.

Unless you're me
Also I got :4lucina: after :4ness: and :4falco:.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
No. I did :4robinm:, :4ness:, :4marth: in that order.
Ah, I see. My theory is Marth on 5.0 or higher is what unlocks her, but I don't know if you play through with Marth 1st time you'll unlock her or end up unlocking Ness (Since he has 1st priority in general, but it's possible character with special conditions like Lucina or Bowser jr. unlock instead if you do the prerequisite first.)

In the long run I know i'll unlock her anyway, but I wanted to test this for curiosity sake.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Completely unrelated:
Agreed. The author's mean.

This author is even worse!

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

From what I've heard, it sounds like Falco and Ness take priority over Lucina, sadly, even if you play as Marth first.

I'm so impatient for Friday. I want to play as Robin so badly, and Lucina too! And on all those cool stages! I haven't touched the demo in a few days because it kept taunting me with all the cool things I couldn't play with yet.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
From what I've heard, it sounds like Falco and Ness take priority over Lucina, sadly, even if you play as Marth first.

I'm so impatient for Friday. I want to play as Robin so badly, and Lucina too! And on all those cool stages! I haven't touched the demo in a few days because it kept taunting me with all the cool things I couldn't play with yet.
Yeah, I think that's true. Not like it really matters at this point since I have everyone but :4rob: at this point.
Childhood.

No.

Clearly we cannot reach each other.
This is bad comedy!!!

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Bleh, I need to actually get more writting done. I have 5 days before I need to post the next chapter but am only 2/3 done with it.

I blame my progress on having tons of cool idea for scenes later in the story, causing me to basically write what totals to 3-4k words on scenes that won't show up for several more chapters XP

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Bleh, I need to actually get more writting done. I have 5 days before I need to post the next chapter but am only 2/3 done with it.

I blame my progress on having tons of cool idea for scenes later in the story, causing me to basically write what totals to 3-4k words on scenes that won't show up for several more chapters XP
So, reverse writers block?

:seuss:

Articablack

Smash Apprentice
So this is the first time I wrote anything remotely close to a romantic short. I normally don't write romance, I write more action, detective, or other things that generally interest me. So this was a nice thing to try out, I'd like some criticism if it's possible since I actually don't have a fanfic.net account. I've been wanting to set one up, but I've just been generally shying away from the idea of it. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Growing Old

Scanning across the pages of an old leather-bound book sat the man that had defeated a veritable god. That had been over fifteen years ago, his daughter, Morgan, turns thirteen next month; she was outside, enjoying the summer with several other children. The dusky sepia toned skies set a mood in which his wife wasn't comfortable with. For the last few weeks, Lucina had an unsettling feeling that had been churning in her stomach, and caused in a loss for sleep. If there was any time to bring up her concerns, it was now.

"My love?" She asked quaintly, Lucina had put her own book down which she couldn't even pay attention to anyway.

"Yes, dear?" Robin asked, his eyes still locked onto his weathered pages. He asked as if it were more of an acknowledgement that she was present, rather then his genuine interest.

"I've been thinking." Lucina started off slowly, not sure where to go with this. "Mhmm." Robin's response to her start up, if anything to get her going on her thought.

Lucina set her book down on the nightstand that separated the two's chairs. "Do you find it strange how peaceful life is right now?" she asked, leaning back into her seat. "I feel that something is right over the horizon, and we've been too cooped up that if some evil were to occur, we won't be ready for it. I think we've grown weak."

Folding his book after setting a marker in his spot, he laid his book on top of Lucina's. "Of course we've grown weak. We've also grown old, Lucina." Robin pointed out, finally turning his head to face his wife, "Plus, Lord Chrom seems to have everything under control in the event of an attack. The older Morgan seems to be doing well in replacing me, and I believe Cynthia-..."

"But don't you see? We're just growing old, we're not filling our lives with anything." Lucina leaned over her chair and rested her hand on Robin's "When I said I want to grow old with you, I meant it, but I don't want to waste it by squandering our time together."

Nodding his head in agreement with her point, "What do you propose we do? We're too old to consider the battlefield, your father already has more than enough Shepherds who train newcomers. We've already traveled for several years. I know things aren't as exciting as they were when we first met, but if we end up doing nothing for the rest of our lives, I'd rather do nothing with you than anyone else in the world."

Even after all these years, Robin still had the power to make her feel so vulnerable. She blushed and looked away, rubbing her arm. "You haven't even met everyone in this world." Lucina weakly said out of embarrassment. "I don't need to, I've already got you."

"You're so trite, my love..."

"And yet, you're still blushing."

"Only because what you're saying is incredibly foolish."

"The truth may seem that way. "

"Gods, just shut up and read your book." Lucina said, still bright red and tossing Robin's book at his chest, which he barely caught. The white haired tactician laughed at his wife's embarrassment.

He opened the book back to his mark, as Lucina picked up her book from the nightstand and returned to her reading also.

A few quiet moments passed, and Robin lowered his book. "Are you going to be alright, Lucina?"

She smiled, resting her own book on her lap. "As long as I'm with you, it will be." And Lucina meant it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So this is the first time I wrote anything remotely close to a romantic short. I normally don't write romance, I write more action, detective, or other things that generally interest me. So this was a nice thing to try out, I'd like some criticism if it's possible since I actually don't have a fanfic.net account. I've been wanting to set one up, but I've just been generally shying away from the idea of it. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Growing Old

Scanning across the pages of an old leather-bound book sat the man that had defeated a veritable god. That had been over fifteen years ago, his daughter, Morgan, turns thirteen next month; she was outside, enjoying the summer with several other children. The dusky sepia toned skies set a mood in which his wife wasn't comfortable with. For the last few weeks, Lucina had an unsettling feeling that had been churning in her stomach, and caused in a loss for sleep. If there was any time to bring up her concerns, it was now.

"My love?" She asked quaintly, Lucina had put her own book down which she couldn't even pay attention to anyway.

"Yes, dear?" Robin asked, his eyes still locked onto his weathered pages. He asked as if it were more of an acknowledgement that she was present, rather then his genuine interest.

"I've been thinking." Lucina started off slowly, not sure where to go with this. "Mhmm." Robin's response to her start up, if anything to get her going on her thought.

Lucina set her book down on the nightstand that separated the two's chairs. "Do you find it strange how peaceful life is right now?" she asked, leaning back into her seat. "I feel that something is right over the horizon, and we've been too cooped up that if some evil were to occur, we won't be ready for it. I think we've grown weak."

Folding his book after setting a marker in his spot, he laid his book on top of Lucina's. "Of course we've grown weak. We've also grown old, Lucina." Robin pointed out, finally turning his head to face his wife, "Plus, Lord Chrom seems to have everything under control in the event of an attack. The older Morgan seems to be doing well in replacing me, and I believe Cynthia-..."

"But don't you see? We're just growing old, we're not filling our lives with anything." Lucina leaned over her chair and rested her hand on Robin's "When I said I want to grow old with you, I meant it, but I don't want to waste it by squandering our time together."

Nodding his head in agreement with her point, "What do you propose we do? We're too old to consider the battlefield, your father already has more than enough Shepherds who train newcomers. We've already traveled for several years. I know things aren't as exciting as they were when we first met, but if we end up doing nothing for the rest of our lives, I'd rather do nothing with you than anyone else in the world."

Even after all these years, Robin still had the power to make her feel so vulnerable. She blushed and looked away, rubbing her arm. "You haven't even met everyone in this world." Lucina weakly said out of embarrassment. "I don't need to, I've already got you."

"Gods, just shut up and read your book." Lucina said, still bright red and tossing Robin's book at his chest, which he barely caught. The white haired tactician laughed at his wife's embarrassment.

He opened the book back to his mark, as Lucina picked up her book from the nightstand and returned to her reading also.

A few quiet moments passed, and Robin lowered his book. "Are you going to be alright, Lucina?"

She smiled, resting her own book on her lap. "As long as I'm with you, it will be." And Lucina meant it.
D'aaaawwww

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Growing Old

It's cheesy.

I don't care.

d'aaaaaaaaaaaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom