• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That's a good point. I guess I'd have to decide who would be the best father. I'd assume Chrom is an obvious choice, but I'm sure there are others too. For my :4robinm: run I'm leaning toward Maribelle as Lucina's mother for the good support, though Olivia is also tempting with Astra.
Well remember, Lucina is inherently a really good support no matter who her mother is, on a account of having access to both Dual Strike + (which only she and Chrom get), and Dual Guard + from the Great Knight class. Sully gives access to deliverer from the Wyvrn Rider path, while Sumia and Olivia give Galeforce (Maribelle does too though), which means as a support unit she can effectively give M!Robin access to Galeforce (move up to unit, switch to Lucina as lead, attack, kill unit, get free turn, move again, switch back to Robin, attack).

The one downside of Maribelle as Lucina's mother is this leads to Lucina having the worst Strength score out of any possible Lucina, though she does have a higher magic as a result, so she can be made a Dark Flyer (and if your M!Robin is magic focused, means she'll give better pair up bonuses for said style of Robin)

As for Inigo, well here are the max stat modifiers for all the characters. Just remember to pass down stuff like Galeforce from female Robin and you're gold.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I might go Maribelle then since I've really grown to love Dark Flier Lucina, even if it means no Parallel Falchion.

Inigo looks like it depends on what class I choose for him. From what I can see, Chrom seems solid, as does Henry. Though, assuming the minuses get combined, Chrom!Inigo would have really poor Def and Res. Donnel seems okay, and I assume he'd give him Aptitude. Not sure if that's exclusive to passing it down to female children of Donnel, though- in my initial run, he was Kjelle's father.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I might go Maribelle then since I've really grown to love Dark Flier Lucina, even if it means no Parallel Falchion.

Inigo looks like it depends on what class I choose for him. From what I can see, Chrom seems solid, as does Henry. Though, assuming the minuses get combined, Chrom!Inigo would have really poor Def and Res. Donnel seems okay, and I assume he'd give him Aptitude. Not sure if that's exclusive to passing it down to female children of Donnel, though- in my initial run, he was Kjelle's father.
Stats get combined, but remember, second gen characters get +1 to all stats on top of their parent's combined scores.

Henry or Libra as Inigo's father lets you build a super broken sorcerer, running Vantage, Wrath, and Vengeance along with two other skills (Galeforce and Armthrift). Basically this means when Inigo is under half HP, he attacks first even on opponents turn, add 1/2 of the dmg he's taken to his damage, and has +20% crit rate. Throw on a high crit chance tome and then he basically one shots everything without being hit.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

Chrom!Inigo is good, but Inigo's innate skillset makes whatever Chrom can give him pretty unnecessary.

After my first playthrough, I've always paired Olivia with Virion. It just feels right to me. The fact that Inigo is pretty much the only kid who benefits from having Virion as a father is just gravy.

Shaymikyu

Stats get combined, but remember, second gen characters get +1 to all stats on top of their parent's combined scores.

Henry or Libra as Inigo's father lets you build a super broken sorcerer, running Vantage, Wrath, and Vengeance along with two other skills (Galeforce and Armthrift). Basically this means when Inigo is under half HP, he attacks first even on opponents turn, add 1/2 of the dmg he's taken to his damage, and has +20% crit rate. Throw on a high crit chance tome and then he basically one shots everything without being hit.
Ooh, that sounds tempting. I kind of want to do my second female Robin run alongside my male one now. I'll probably make Henry the father. I've heard that his support with Olivia is cute.
Chrom!Inigo is good, but Inigo's innate skillset makes whatever Chrom can give him pretty unnecessary.

After my first playthrough, I've always paired Olivia with Virion. It just feels right to me. The fact that Inigo is pretty much the only kid who benefits from having Virion as a father is just gravy.
Funny you mention that. My Inigo in my initial playthrough is the son of Virion. Virion's support with Olivia is so cute. Probably my favorite first gen support, or close to it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Ooh, that sounds tempting. I kind of want to do my second female Robin run alongside my male one now. I'll probably make Henry the father. I've heard that his support with Olivia is cute.

Funny you mention that. My Inigo in my initial playthrough is the son of Virion. Virion's support with Olivia is so cute. Probably my favorite first gen support, or close to it.
The best tome to use would be Katarina's Bolt, since with forging you can give it 45 crit and 14 atk. Since this is super expensive, Armthrift will make it so you'll only ever need to get one of these for Inigo. Ruin works in a pinch, but its lower dmg makes it less good, since you basically want Inigo to be able to one-shot stuff that attacks him whenever he's at less than half HP.

I am a huge supporter of Olivia x Henry, even if the character developement got partially ruined by the localization *glares and nintendo's localization team", though thankfully Henry and FP!Inigo's father-son conversation during Future Past adds said character development back in (basically the supports bring up that Olivia can tell that Henry's smiles are fake, and that hes only smiling and laughing all the time because he doesn't know how to actually convey emotions. In the nonlocalized supports it has him learn what real smiles are, while the english one doesn't mention this. Though thankfully the FP conversation brings this back in, with him telling Inigo that he shouldn't be smiling and making jokes when he isn't happy, and that its alright to let his emotions out.)

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Why can't we have two Morgans ingame :(
Well, why don't you just name 'My Unit' Morgan and then there you go, two Morgans in the game. Also on a side note, if you named 'My Unit' Marth, when you get to the part of unlocking Lucina, does that mean you could use the Falcion because it says for MARTH only?

Edit: With :4robinm: why is Coradelia and Olivia so bad of a match up for him, stat wise?

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Aww, that really is sweet. I'm definitely making Henry the father for Inigo in my second female Robin run, then. If I use default Robin, then we can have a whole white-haired family! I kind of regret not making my initial Robin or male Robin blue-haired now. Oh well.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Well, why don't you just name 'My Unit' Morgan and then there you go, two Morgans in the game. Also on a side note, if you named 'My Unit' Marth, when you get to the part of unlocking Lucina, does that mean you could use the Falcion because it says for MARTH only?

Edit: With :4robinm: why is Coradelia and Olivia so bad of a match up for him, stat wise?
They aren't, actually. Basically when picking Robin's pairing, you either end up with two very strong kids (Robin is inherently the best father/mother for any of the second gen characters as they can then take any non-gender specrfic class and get Tactician) with you pair with a first gen, or one godlike kid if you pair with second gen.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Except if you're female. You only get two kids if you pair with Chrom. I wish some of the guys got special kids too to balance it out.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Except if you're female. You only get two kids if you pair with Chrom. I wish some of the guys got special kids too to balance it out.
Yeah, basically for F!Robin you either go with Chrom, or go with a second gen character, if you really care about the stat stuff. Its not gamebreaking by any means to pair F!Robin with a first gen character who is not Chrom, just less optimal.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

True, which is kind of a shame. I've heard good things about Walhart Morgan, though, but you get him so last minute that he's basically only great for Spotpass and DLC.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Ok that helps a little, because I kept read that Coredila and Olivia are the worst match ups with Robin for stat reason, I don't why. I refused to believe them because tied with Anna, those to are my favourite to put Robin with, so cute. My first ever was Coredila and when I watch here marriage cut scene my heart just melt. I just wish Anna could have had tow kids, I don't know why see can'r, it's just unfair.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
True, which is kind of a shame. I've heard good things about Walhart Morgan, though, but you get him so last minute that he's basically only great for Spotpass and DLC.

Also, you can really cheese the third gen Morgan for super minmaxing. Like pairing Tharja with Ricken and then having a Robin with Magic as his asset (and a flaw like Strength that does not lower magic at all) marry Noire you will end up with a Morgan with 9 more Magic than she should. That's 50 magic on a Grandmaster, 56 if she's a sage. Add 10 to that from Limit Break and then 5 for Tomefaire, and you have 71 magic as a Sage.

You can do similar nonsense with other stats.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Ok that helps a little, because I kept read that Coredila and Olivia are the worst match ups with Robin for stat reason, I don't why. I refused to believe them because tied with Anna, those to are my favourite to put Robin with, so cute. My first ever was Coredila and when I watch here marriage cut scene my heart just melt. I just wish Anna could have had tow kids, I don't know why see can'r, it's just unfair.
Well Olivia does have the worst overall stat modifiers of any of the first gen mothers, with her postives and negetives netting out to 0 instead of +2 like most others. However, 2 stat points aren't going to break the game.

Shaymikyu

I think I chose Magic has the strength of my current :4robinm:, actually. I could marry him to that Noire or marry Chrom to Maribelle and marry him to Lucina.

If Olivia is that detrimental, I might look at the other second gen boys for :4robinf:. I just really adore Inigo's personality, especially after his conversation with :4robinf: in the Hot Spring Scramble. Yarne could be fun for Taguel Morgan. Gerome I imagine could be useful, too. Not sure about Brady or Owain.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand all this stat talk, like at all, what the hell is minmaxing, whats this +2 -5, 0 business, WHY could it just be simply like pokemon. Wait, even that's not simply with it's stats. crap.

Shaymikyu

I'm going to be honest- on my initial run, I just put together whoever fought together well or I just liked as a couple.:laugh:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I'm going to be honest- on my initial run, I just put together whoever fought together well or I just liked as a couple.:laugh:
Even on my lunatic run I put people togeather who I liked as a couple, then did my best to try and make it work from a gameplay perspective.

Shaymikyu

I will gladly join the Morgan fest. Sadly I mostly just have male Morgan art, but I tried to dig up some female Morgan. I really adore her too and need to beef up my saved collection of art of her.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

None of those pictures linked properly
Really? That's odd. I'll try and edit it to work.
EDIT: All of the links are working fine for me. I didn't put the links in the pictures but below them. I think you need a Pixiv to properly view the accounts, though.
EDIT 2: Oh, the actual pictures aren't showing up! I'll fix that ASAP. My bad.
EDIT 3: They should work now. My apologies. Here's bonus pictures to make up for it:

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I NEED MORE ROBIN/LUCINA PICS!!! I'M FIGHTING A WAR ON ANOTHER SITE AND THESE KINDS OF PICS ARE WEAPONS!!!!

Shaymikyu

I'm sure anything I could provide has probably been saved by all of you by now.:laugh:

Source
Most heartbreaking scene in the game.:sadeyes: The scene where she isn't your daughter/wife loses impact a bit, in my opinion. Just a bit, though.

Source
I have a lot of art of Robin playing with young Lucina in my saved fan art folder, but that isn't really shipping.;)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
*stabs you*
I'm sure anything I could provide has probably been saved by all of you by now.:laugh:

Source
Most heartbreaking scene in the game.:sadeyes: The scene where she isn't your daughter/wife loses impact a bit, in my opinion. Just a bit, though.

Source
I have a lot of art of Robin playing with young Lucina in my saved fan art folder, but that isn't really shipping.;)
If you draw a jealous future!Lucina giving an angry glare at little Lucina it is.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
*stabs you*

If you draw a jealous future!Lucina giving an angry glare at little Lucina it is.
You mean this picture?

The best part is the dialogue for this scene writes itself.

Little!Lucina: "Uncle Robin, come play with me!"

Lucina: "No, he's mine dammit! Get your own!"

Robin: *looks over to Chrom who is standing off screen* "When did my life get this weird"

Chrom: "When you married the future version of my daughter, get used it it"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom