• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
This headcanon is based on a fan theory I stumbled into awhile back, so I can't take credit for all of what I am going to say (though I have made a few additions to it to support my headcanon). Warning, the following is a massive wall of text full of intense headcanon, conjecture, and massive spoilers for the Future Past DLC. You have been warned.

Alright, so you've made it this far, no turning back now. Theory/headcanon time. (Note: For simplicity's sake I will be referring to Lucina and Robin as couple here, since thats how it was in my game)

At first glance the Future Past timeline appears to be much like the original future timeline Lucina came from. However, there several major differences that indicate that this timeline is actually very different, and serve as the backbone of this theory.

1) In the main future timeline it was implied that Robin willingly became Grima, or at the very least gave into despair and accepted his role as Grima's vessel . This is not true for the Future Past Robin, who is shown to be actively resisting, implying he did not become Grima willingly.

2) Morgan exists in this timeline regardless of if her parent is in fact a second gen character. Furthermore, she remembers Robin before they became Grima and refers to the other characters of that timeline as having been her friends, implying she wasn't just created by Grima but was actually born in this timeline.

3) Grima is more powerful in this timeline, both in terms of stats and also storywise as he was able to kill Naga.

4) Tiki survives up until the DLC's events, when it is implied the main game's Lucina never met her in her own timeline.

5) After Robin gives her his book, Morgan notices she has another exact copy of it. The interesting thing is, during the Hotspring DLC, Morgan discovers she has two copies that that exact same book, with no memory of where the second copy came from. How interesting, I wonder if that could mean...

Yeah, as I implied by that last point, the theory is as such... the Future Past timeline is in fact the timeline the main game's Morgan comes from. How the heck does this work if Lucina is Morgan's mom you may ask? It works because the Future Past isn't an alternate version of the original future timeline Lucina came from, but rather its an alternate version of the game's main timeline, where Lucina and the others came back in time just like in the main timeline but in the end everyone still failed.

In this timeline, things play out like they do in the game at first. Lucina arrives in the past, with her influence changing the outcome of the war with Plegia, with events matching the game's up to the two year timeskip. However, at this point the timelines diverge, with something changing to delay the war with Valm by seveal years, causing it to occour later just like in the original future timeline. The most common explanation is that in this world Yen'Fey fought back against Valm, delaying events (and leading to the death of this world's Say'ri, making this Yen'fey in fact the version you recruit from Spotpass).

In the end though its not important why the war with Valm is delayed, what is important is that this means there is an extended period of peace. During this time all of the second generation characters are born, with their future version being around during this time. It is also during this time that Robin ends up in a relationship with Lucina, during which time Morgan and her twin brother (thus explaining the two Morgans in the DLC) named Marc (Morgan's name in the Japanese version, works as good headcanon name for male Morgan)

However, the peace does not last. Eventually the war with Valm happens, and with all resistance on his own continent dealt with, Walhart's forces are stronger now. The war is longer and bloodier, but eventually the Shepherds win. Things play out then like the game, Fire Emblem is stolen, and this is where things go wrong. Perhaps Basilio was killed in this timeline, so the gemstones were never swapped out, but either way Robin, despite his stronger ties to the Shepherds due to his amnesia, is forced to kill Chrom and against his will becomes Grima (explaining point 1). With Robin's strength added to that of whats left of Future Robin!Grima's own power and Grima's, the Fell Dragon becomes even stronger now (explaining point 3).

With Chrom dead and the Fire Emblem lost the Shepherds have no way to defeat Grima, with each of them, including Future Lucina and all the others from her timeline, killed one by one in the fighting. Grima!Robin manages to get Morgan and Marc to join him either through intimidation, brainwashing, or both. The future falls into despair, leading to the state we find it in during the Future Past dlc.

But then comes the fate of Morgan, and how she ends up in our timeline. Following her encounter with the Robin from the main timeline and her refusal to keep fighting, she returns to Grima to report what happened. As you could imagine, Grima is not at all happy about this, and decides to kill her. However, before he can do so, Robin, just like he does during the finale of the DLC, gains control of his body long enough to send Morgan out of this timeline just like he will do with the Shepherds. In doing so he erases her memories, leaving her only with a few on him before he turned evil and a few false ones so

that she believes she had been traveling with an uncorrupted version him right before she was sent back, wiping her of the guilt for everything she did while working for Grima and giving her a second chance in a timeline were maybe he won't fail her and everyone else.

This in turn would explain why in Morgan's paralogue it sounded like those Risen were sent specifically to kill her. They would have been sent by Grima of the Future Past timeline once he was in control again to make sure she didn't escape.

The fun part is this would mean that Morgan's existence in the game is as a result of circular causality. Because Morgan appeared in the game's timeline, Robin got to know her and thus when he runs into her past self in Future Past, recognizes her enough to say she remind him of, well, the Morgan he knows. As a result of having met Morgan, he gives her the book, causing Morgan to disobey orders, thus leading to her being sent back in time, thus leading to Robin meeting her, thus meaning he recognizes her in Future Past... you get the idea.
Ahah, here is my old post regarding the thing Robert mentioned I talk about.

Also, since we are on the subject, shameless promotion to my fanfic. Basically it is a retelling of the Future Past DLC, but where I go by the assumtion that the theory above is true and thus have the characters find out all about this.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Spoilering to be safe- not sure what spoiler policy is here.

That actually makes a lot of sense. We already know from the epilogues that Morgan isn't from the same timeline as the original Lucina and the rest.

And I also wondered why Morgan was being pursued by Risen even though s/he came from a different timeline. I always assumed Morgan came from some alternate timeline where the event with the Risen never happened or Grima never was resurrected, but that makes WAY more sense. And since Morgan can only remember her/his father/mother, that means she/he forgot about her/his brother/sister. Poor other Morgan.:sadeyes:

EDIT: And I'll have to check out that fanfic once I'm farther in my :4robinm: playthrough and have a better grasp of his and Morgan's character overall. A lot of Awakening just oozes fanfic/theory potential.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Spoilering to be safe- not sure what spoiler policy is here.

That actually makes a lot of sense. We already know from the epilogues that Morgan isn't from the same timeline as the original Lucina and the rest.

And I also wondered why Morgan was being pursued by Risen even though s/he came from a different timeline. I always assumed Morgan came from some alternate timeline where the event with the Risen never happened or Grima never was resurrected, but that makes WAY more sense. And since Morgan can only remember her/his father/mother, that means she/he forgot about her/his brother/sister. Poor other Morgan.:sadeyes:

EDIT: And I'll have to check out that fanfic once I'm farther in my :4robinm: playthrough and have a better grasp of his and Morgan's character overall. A lot of Awakening just oozes fanfic/theory potential.
Thank you! I am currently only three chapters into said fanfic, with at least 10 or so more planned to cover everything I want to with this idea.

Shaymikyu

I forgot to ask, since I can't seem to find a help board- is listing your main (the little heads below your avatar) for 3DS/Wii U as one of the alts (i.e. :4ludwig: or :4alph:) a Premium exclusive perk, or is it something you can get once you've ranked up a certain amount of times or earned a certain amount of points? I've searched everywhere and can't find the answer.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, if the option doesn't appear in the list, then you can't.

They are all the way to the bottom.

Shaymikyu

Well I am female. I basically leaped at playing the female character ever since Pokémon Crystal gave me that option. I usually do one male run too, though, if there are any major differences (like the supports for :4robinm: vs. :4robinf:). Also helps if I can make multiple files in a game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have never been able to play as :4robinf: or any female make yourself character, I just don't know why.
Because you're obviously Lon'qu :seuss:

Well I am female. I basically leaped at playing the female character ever since Pokémon Crystal gave me that option. I usually do one male run too, though, if there are any major differences (like the supports for :4robinm: vs. :4robinf:). Also helps if I can make multiple files in a game.
The name kind of gave away that fact. :seuss:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I am a guy and when ever I make my own character, I model it after myself (to a degree). I just sometimes I don't like slipping out of my own shows for some reason. :ohwell:

Shaymikyu

Because you're obviously Lon'qu :seuss:

The name kind of gave away that fact. :seuss:
You don't say.:colorful: I honestly just like :4robinf:'s design a lot, though.

I get what you mean. I'm generally more motivated during my female runs. Oddly enough, though, when male is the only option, it doesn't affect my motivation much. I'd say that giving me the option to change a character's looks makes me model them more after me, but both Robins have a pretty defined personality and aren't as much blank slates.

Shaymikyu

Me neither, it just looks hilarious.:laugh: It looks like a Dr. Seuss hat.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You don't say.:colorful: I honestly just like :4robinf:'s design a lot, though.

I get what you mean. I'm generally more motivated during my female runs..

N-no I not......... you have no proof......

*Moves a 100 m away for Gracidea Shaymin*
You have given me proof yourself :troll:

One week to go...
In celebration, here, have some Lucina by Sawako.

Wondering who Sawako is? Click this wondrous link and then look at the first section of the sidebar underneath 絵.
A completely cool drawing ruined by one nitpick:

No Brand in her eye :seuss:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
You have given me proof yourself :troll:

A completely cool drawing ruined by one nitpick:
No Brand in her eye :seuss:
No I haven't, I can explain, I, I .......Leave me alone

Also that picture looks very similar to Melee Marth for some reason, not sure why though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No I haven't, I can explain, I, I .......Leave me alone

Also that picture looks very similar to Melee Marth for some reason, not sure why though.
Ofc you can explain, except you can't :troll:

And you obviously can't stop seeing the Marth in Lucina. Or notice that this Marth has a notable curve.

:halfsheep:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Ofc you can explain, except you can't :troll:

And you obviously can't stop seeing the Marth in Lucina. Or notice that this Marth has a notable curve.

:halfsheep:
Just a Heads up, the next run through in FE:A I might choose :4robinf:. So, that means I'm not Lon'que shy?

Also I am talking about Lucina's face in the picture not her body. I know the difference between the two. One is a girly man who wears a tiara and another is a man;y girl who wears a tiara.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Moar pictures!

And you know what, here, have one of Morgan too. Since Morgan is always adorable.

Shaymikyu

Both Morgans just have the cutest design. I don't know what it is about them, but I just want to hug them and I just immediately feel protective of them like their actual parent.

On the topic of art- where do you guys get your fan art avvies? I'd love to use some Lucina or Robin fan art in my icon instead of my silly-looking Pikachu and Robin thing, but the only places I generally visit for fan art are Pixiv and Tumblr and many artists there don't like their art being used without permission.

Shaymikyu

I put up a :4robinf: one temporarily, but all this Morgan talk makes me want to do one of one or both Morgans. Male Morgan is probably my favorite character (plus Sumia), and female sounds incredible as well. If DLC outfits became a thing, I'd love a Morgan alt for both Robins.

EDIT: This one's cute, though I also really love the one of female Morgan posted above, too. So much cute Morgan fan art...

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I just put that as my icon five seconds before you posted that. We were on the same wavelength.:laugh: I also love how that one gives both the awesome blue hair gene.

EDIT: Didn't see the second one. I'm saving that one for sure as well.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Damn, this picture would be perfect cover art for my fanfic, but i don't speak Japanese, thus i can't ask the artiest for permission to use it.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I know. I'd love to have both on one run.:( I'd love to see them play off each other, and then on my :4robinf: run all the second gen characters could be married.
Fun fact, as long as Robin marries a second gen character, then all of the rest will be able to be married.

Shaymikyu

I wish I had known that! Poor Brady was single in my game.:( I have nothing against him, it just sort of happened that way. My third save file/second female Robin will definitely marry one of the second gen guys, then. Leaning toward Inigo, but not sure if he'd be good for Morgan.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I wish I had known that! Poor Brady was single in my game.:( I have nothing against him, it just sort of happened that way. My third save file/second female Robin will definitely marry one of the second gen guys, then. Leaning toward Inigo, but not sure if he'd be good for Morgan.
All second gen characters are good for Morgan purely from a stats perspective. Since Morgan always has access to all the gender appropriate base classes, their parent is less important in terms of skills. Basically its stats you want to look at, half of which is dependent on who Inigo's father would be.

Shaymikyu

That's a good point. I guess I'd have to decide who would be the best father. I'd assume Chrom is an obvious choice, but I'm sure there are others too. For my :4robinm: run I'm leaning toward Maribelle as Lucina's mother for the good support, though Olivia is also tempting with Astra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom