• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I didn't know how the support would work out, but it was amazing.

That makes sense. Lucina is already a powerhouse in my game, so I can only imagine how she and Robin would be. I think Lucina might be my best unit, actually. Though my Cynthia has become a powerhouse recently.:surprised:

EDIT: And didn't even think about Lucina-mothered Morgan. Does she still get access to the Dark Flier class?
By default Morgan gets all the non race-specific classes (gender appropriate of course), so she would still get Dark Flier. What Lucina as her mother does give her is Aether (all of Chrom's daughters will always pass on Aether to F!Morgan).

Also, if you didn't know, Lucina with either F!Robin or Maribelle as her mother makes her the best support unit in the game, as it means she has access to Dual Strike +, Dual Guard +, AND Dual Support +, making her amazing if you have her supporting another unit in combat. Throw on Galeforce for the extra movement shananigans and then another good support ability and you are golden.

Also, as I am sure you can imagine, basically everyone in this thread would say yes, pair M!Robin with Lucina, its so damn adorable. Just like where F!Robin is her mother, you get an expanded version of the scene following chapter 21 where she tries to kill you (with different, even more heartbreaking dialogue), and is one of the eight characters who get additional romance content during the Scramble Pack DLC maps (the other seven were Chrom, Tharja, Cordelia, Gaius, Owain, Inigo, and Severa, incase you were wondering). While I will admit her C through A supports are a tad lackluster, her S support, the expanded chapter 21 scene, and the added conversations during the Hotspring DLC map make up for it in spades
in this DLC Robin promises to support her for the rest of his life, and that even if he dies he'll find a way to come back to life just to be with her!

And then Lucina mentions that her biggest motivation for saving the world has become Robin, with her wanting to save to world she the two of them can have a future togeather

But even then Lucina still works well with M!Robin, in the same way Chrom works well in combat with F!Robin. She basically is Chrom with more class options in terms of skill set, meaning she still gets acces to Dual Strike + and Dual Guard +. If you are running a magic Robin, make her a Dark Flyer for the nice magic support bonuses, while if Robin is melee,.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Okay, that's good to know. And Aether is so useful. I wonder why my male Morgan didn't get it- or maybe he did and I just sort of forgot.

I noticed her great supporting as :4robinf:'s daughter. Didn't know about Maribelle, though. I expected Sumia as the mother to be better. I'll have to keep that in mind!

And yes, that scene was so heartbreaking.:sadeyes: I went in mostly spoiler free (aside from what SSB4 gave away) and that caught me way off guard. I was curious if it also got special dialogue when you're her husband.

The scramble packs are the only DLC I have right now, and I know Chrom gets special dialogue as :4robinf:'s husband and she gets special dialogue in the hot spring one with :4lucina: as her daughter, but didn't know about the special romantic one with :4robinm:.

As a side note, maybe it's just me, but both Morgans just look most natural to me with blue hair. I don't know why, they just do.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Okay, that's good to know. And Aether is so useful. I wonder why my male Morgan didn't get it- or maybe he did and I just sort of forgot.

I noticed her great supporting as :4robinf:'s daughter. Didn't know about Maribelle, though. I expected Sumia as the mother to be better. I'll have to keep that in mind!

And yes, that scene was so heartbreaking.:sadeyes: I went in mostly spoiler free (aside from what SSB4 gave away) and that caught me way off guard. I was curious if it also got special dialogue when you're her husband.

The scramble packs are the only DLC I have right now, and I know Chrom gets special dialogue as :4robinf:'s husband and she gets special dialogue in the hot spring one with :4lucina: as her daughter, but didn't know about the special romantic one with :4robinm:.

As a side note, maybe it's just me, but both Morgans just look most natural to me with blue hair. I don't know why, they just do.
Chrom's male children (and grandchildren) always get Rightful King. Chrom's daughters and granddaughters always get Aether.

Actually, all of Lucina's mothers make them good at different things. Olivia makes the best DPS Lucina, giving her access to stuff like Swordfaire, Galeforce, and Astra, but lacks some good defensive abilites. Sully makes the best tank Lucina, as she gets access to Pavise, Aegis, and Vantage, but lack of galeforce means she's less good in a damage roll. Sumia is the middle ground, giving her Galeforce for offensive and both Pavise and Aegis, but lacks vantage and swordfaire, so Sumia is the more flexible, Lucina who can be a more generalist unit. As i said before, Maribelle is good for support Lucina.

EDIT: Also, the conversation Lucina has in the hot spring for non-romance and when F!Robin is her mother is more or less the same, only with some added dialogue when F!Robin is her mother. When you are playing M!Robin who is married to Lucina, the first half of the conversation is kinda simular to the other two versions, but with some very different dialogue (same situation and topic of conversation, but also still different). The second conversation she has at the hot springs however, is 100% different then the two other versions. Its a completely unique scene that only Robin X Lucina playthroughs see.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

While I will admit her C through A supports are a tad lackluster, her S support, the expanded chapter 21 scene, and the added conversations during the Hotspring DLC map make up for it in spades
in this DLC Robin promises to support her for the rest of his life, and that even if he dies he'll find a way to come back to life just to be with her!

And then Lucina mentions that her biggest motivation for saving the world has become Robin, with her wanting to save to world she the two of them can have a future togeather

But even then Lucina still works well with M!Robin, in the same way Chrom works well in combat with F!Robin. She basically is Chrom with more class options in terms of skill set, meaning she still gets acces to Dual Strike + and Dual Guard +. If you are running a magic Robin, make her a Dark Flyer for the nice magic support bonuses, while if Robin is melee,.
That is so sweet. It ties well into the last act, too. I wish more pairings got added story dialogue- it's a shame most don't go beyond the supports, even in the scramble DLC.

I feel the same way about Chrom and :4robinf:. If it was just their supports and nothing else, I don't care too much for them. But all the added dialogue in the main story, plus just the way it ties Chrom's and Robin's stories together won me over.

And yeah, I figured everyone here supported that. I've been lurking a long time.:laugh: I just didn't know what other options there might be, too.

EDIT: And that makes sense. Morgan does have Rightful King.
EDIT 2: Ooh, Astra is tempting for Olivia. I just started using a unit with it and it's very useful, almost up there with Galeforce.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
My personal favorite mother for Lucina is Olivia. Because blue haired Inigo looks so much like Chrom.
Also, scramble and chap 21 Robin/Lucina convos are great.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:4robinf: best mother for Lucina.

Makes Chapter 21 even stronger imho.

Oh, and she makes Lucina an extreme game breaker with proper training.

Shaymikyu

After seeing his dialogue with :4robinf: (and also maybe :4robinm:?) in the Hot Spring Scramble, I've really grown to love Inigo. He's probably my favorite male second gen, or at least close to Morgan. I would have put my :4lucina: from my :4robinf: run with him if I didn't already put her with Laurent by that point. I was debating on either making him Lucina's brother or Morgan's S-Support in my :4robinm: run.

EDIT: And yeah, I agree that :4robinf: is my favorite Lucina mother. I could be biased because it was my first S-Support in the whole game, though, even if it was initially an accident.:p

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
After seeing his dialogue with :4robinf: (and also maybe :4robinm:?) in the Hot Spring Scramble, I've really grown to love Inigo. He's probably my favorite male second gen, or at least close to Morgan. I would have put my :4lucina: from my :4robinf: run with him if I didn't already put her with Laurent by that point. I was debating on either making him Lucina's brother or Morgan's S-Support in my :4robinm: run.
I've always liked him as :4lucina:'s brother, because then he looks like mini-Chrom. Gerome and Yarne are my favorite S-supports for Morgan.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

EDIT: And yeah, I agree that :4robinf: is my favorite Lucina mother. I could be biased because it was my first S-Support in the whole game, though, even if it was initially an accident.:p
I've always liked him as :4lucina:'s brother, because then he looks like mini-Chrom. Gerome and Yarne are my favorite S-supports for Morgan.
Conversly I have Sumia as Lucina's mom, and have Morgan with Inigo, since that pairing has really funny supports building up to it.
Morgan: Wait. You're fighting a war to impress girls?
Inigo: *Ahem* ...But now that my love has been so cruelly abused, I don't know if I can ever—
Morgan: You're fighting a war to impress GIRLS?!
Inigo: Can we get past that already?
Morgan: No, actually! I don't think I can!
Also, they make a cute couple.

Shaymikyu

I only have heard of Morgan's personality since I got male Morgan first, but I can only imagine her interactions with Yarne and Inigo.:laugh: From what I've heard, it seems like male Morgan is slightly more similar to :4robinm:, and female Morgan is more like :4robinf:, at least when it comes to the personality differences we see in supports.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I only have heard of Morgan's personality since I got male Morgan first, but I can only imagine her interactions with Yarne and Inigo.:laugh: From what I've heard, it seems like male Morgan is slightly more similar to :4robinm:, and female Morgan is more like :4robinf:, at least when it comes to the personality differences we see in supports.
Yes, while M!Morgan is more on the dorky side, and is really really nice, F!Morgan is more crazy and zany all the time, being much more prone to insane behavior (also, basically walks a line between being really really really smart, and being really stupid, to the point with other characters not being sure which she is.) Also, she has a bit of a sadistic tendency, such as when she decides to hide in bushes while Inigo tries to pick up girls so she can watch as he gets shot down.

Or as she puts it in her supports with Yarne to explain why she keeps trying to play with his ears...

"Seeing cute, defenseless things just brings out the sadist in me. I can't help myself!"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yes, while M!Morgan is more on the dorky side, and is really really nice, F!Morgan is more crazy and zany all the time, being much more prone to insane behavior (also, basically walks a line between being really really really smart, and being really stupid, to the point with other characters not being sure which she is.) Also, she has a bit of a sadistic tendency, such as when she decides to hide in bushes while Inigo tries to pick up girls so she can watch as he gets shot down.

Or as she puts it in her supports with Yarne to explain why she keeps trying to play with his ears...

"Seeing cute, defenseless things just brings out the sadist in me. I can't help myself!"
Hey, just like Lon'qu says to :4robinf: in their supports :seuss:

Ugh...that F!Morgan and Yarne support. I hate it.

Shaymikyu

That is kind of the vibe I got from :4robinf:, to be honest.:laugh: At least in some of her supports.

And male Morgan is definitely dorky but sweet. I admit to having a soft spot for those types of characters. I S-Supported him with Cynthia and it is just so cute.

EDIT: I will say that, while searching for fan art of Lucina, I noticed that :4robinm: x :4lucina: had adorable fan art. Haven't actually seen much art for the other Lucina pairings, actually.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

You forgot about she forcefeeds Brady bear meat and snake blood. Or making Owain do a bunch of insane things. Or playing tome stackers with Laurnet's tomes. Or trying to rip off Gerome's mask.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That is kind of the vibe I got from :4robinf:, to be honest.:laugh: At least in some of her supports.

And male Morgan is definitely dorky but sweet. I admit to having a soft spot for those types of characters. I S-Supported him with Cynthia and it is just so cute.

EDIT: I will say that, while searching for fan art of Lucina, I noticed that :4robinm: x :4lucina: had adorable fan art. Haven't actually seen much art for the other Lucina pairings, actually.
Come to think of it, M!Robin also has his share of dorky, but sweet moments similar to M!Morgan. Like in his S support with Lucina, both him and her get all adorably awkward and shy

In fact, if you pair M!Morgan with Lucina the support conversation is so similar to Robin x Lucina its scary.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I haven't either. Not that it bothers me.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Come to think of it, M!Robin also has his share of dorky, but sweet moments similar to M!Morgan. Like in his S support with Lucina, both him and her get all adorably awkward and shy

In fact, if you pair M!Morgan with Lucina the support conversation is so similar to Robin x Lucina its scary.
Or in her non-paired supports, like where she helps Nah try to learn how to catch swords with her hands (training which involves Morgan hitting Nah over the head with a tome)

Shaymikyu

Funny, because I was debating on pairing Morgan and Lucina if I ever did another female run where I didn't pair her with Chrom. Their non-sibling supports sound cute. If male Robin is anything like that, it certainly makes me like him more.

Actually, I haven't seen much non-Robin pairing art, unless I'm not looking hard enough. I've seen a little of Chrom x Sumia, but that's about it. :4robinm: and :4robinf: are the pairing masters.:p I have to admit, I love how they can support with practically everyone.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wish :4falcon: was a DLC character for FE:A so I could have him marry :4robinf: and have a Morgan with the Punch.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Funny, because I was debating on pairing Morgan and Lucina if I ever did another female run where I didn't pair her with Chrom. Their non-sibling supports sound cute. If male Robin is anything like that, it certainly makes me like him more.

Actually, I haven't seen much non-Robin pairing art, unless I'm not looking hard enough. I've seen a little of Chrom x Sumia, but that's about it. :4robinm: and :4robinf: are the pairing masters.:p I have to admit, I love how they can support with practically everyone.
Yeah, it really feels like F!Morgan is like F!Robin, but taken in the extreme in terms of crazy, zanyness. While M!Morgan is like M!Robin, but even more dorky and overly nice.

Watching M!Morgan and Lucina supports on youtube gave me a serious sense of Deja Vu.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I wish :4falcon: was a DLC character for FE:A so I could have him marry :4robinf: and have a Morgan with the Punch.
But then Morgan would be able to curbstomp the entire game, even in Lunatic+!

Not that I have a problem with that.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, what.

This is possible?
Third generation Morgan basically means his/her other parent is a second gen character. IE: Robin/Lucina creates a third generation Morgan. It is named as such since this means Morgan has grandparents among the first gen characters.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Whoa, didn't know that. Maybe I'll pair off :4robinf: with a second gen character if I do another run as her.
I'm sorry, what.

This is possible?
As in Morgan who is the son of Yarne, Gerome, Owain, Inigo, or Brady or the daughter of Lucina, Cynthia, Nah, Kjelle, Noire, or Severa.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Third generation Morgan basically means his/her other parent is a second gen character. IE: Robin/Lucina creates a third generation Morgan. It is named as such since this means Morgan has grandparents among the first gen characters.
Whoa, didn't know that. Maybe I'll pair off :4robinf: with a second gen character if I do another run as her.

As in Morgan who is the son of Yarne, Gerome, Owain, Inigo, or Brady or the daughter of Lucina, Cynthia, Nah, Kjelle, Noire, or Severa.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d.

For a moment I literally thought this meant "2 Morgans".

That'd be insane.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

Yeah, see, each character has modifiers to what their max stats are, with both negatives and positives (with more positives than negatives). Second gen characters combine those for both parents, than add +1 to all their stats. Then if Robin marries a second gen character, you add his/her modifiers (based on asset and flaw) on top of those. This means third gen Morgan has overalll the highest stats out of any character.

Shaymikyu

Well, if we somehow brought both Morgans together. It happened in Future's Past (which I still need to get). Makes me wonder if either Robin had twins and only one went back or if Robin has one or both Morgans varies with timelines... Oww, my head.

EDIT: Wish I had known that early on. Would love to have made Morgan a powerhouse. At least I got the brokenness that is :4robinf:'s Lucina.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well, if we somehow brought both Morgans together. It happened in Future's Past (which I still need to get). Makes me wonder if either Robin had twins and only one went back or if Robin has one or both Morgans varies with timelines... Oww, my head.

EDIT: Wish I had known that early on. Would love to have made Morgan a powerhouse. At least I got the brokenness that is :4robinf:'s Lucina.
@ TheWerdna TheWerdna explain your fic...

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

@ TheWerdna TheWerdna explain your fic...

You called?

I actually have a crazy insane headcanon regarding this that is the subject on my fanfiction. Let my try and find the post I made about it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

MORE TIME TRAVEL SHENANIGANSSSSSSSSSSS

Reminds me of an early discussion I started when I first came here. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom