• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Got it. I guess it's not worth it so much since you can just reclass Morgan. At least Aether and Rightful King are skills you can't just reclass for. The only other ability I can think of like that is Shadowgift from Aversa... I think.
Also the fact that you can pass gender specfic abilities from Robin to Morgan, like Galeforce from F!Robin to M!Morgan, or Counter from M!Robin to F!Morgan

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
I'm planning the way to play day 1 smash...

I'm going to do 2 fast classic modes (Greninja and Sheik), the 3rd with Marth in 5.0 (Lucina!) then switch to VS Mode and play with Lucina until unlock every character...

A couple of matches for the stages and make a few Mii Fighters...

Customization items can wait a little bit...

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I'm picking it up Friday after classes. First thing I'm doing is a ton of Vs. matches to break in Robin. If I don't get to 40 matches on Day 1, I should at least have Falco and Ness by then and can use the Marth beating Classic method for Lucina. I'll likely alternate between the two with one being my main eventually and the other being my secondary (Pikachu is tertiary unless someone surprises me).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll be marathoning Classic thrice with Samus, Robin and then Marth. Can't be hard.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That How to Be a Parent chapter was intense... I'm going to need some major fluff after that...

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That How to Be a Parent chapter was intense... I'm going to need some major fluff after that...
same

edit; I may have an idea for a short fluff piece. I will make no promises, but I will see what I can do

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
same

edit; I may have an idea for a short fluff piece. I will make no promises, but I will see what I can do
Hopefully someone posts some soon...
You going to post it today if possible?
I'd love to read it.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Hopefully someone posts some soon...
You going to post it today if possible?
I shall attempt to post it here today if I can manage it. Not sure if I will put it on FF or not, I might end up expanding it into a longer one shot before I publish it. Though to be sure I will put it here if I can.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I shall attempt to post it here today if I can manage it. Not sure if I will put it on FF or not, I might end up expanding it into a longer one shot before I publish it. Though to be sure I will put it here if I can.
Sweet. What it's going to be about?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Come onnnnnnnnnnnn.......................
At least tell me it'll be done soon...
I am going to try to start writting when I get home in an hour from now. If all goes to plan, it should be out within 2-3 hours of that. Worst case later tonight

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I am going to try to start writting when I get home in an hour from now. If all goes to plan, it should be out within 2-3 hours of that. Worst case later tonight
I can wait that long. Can't wait to see what you write.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I can wait that long. Can't wait to see what you write.
Huzzah, it is done! Let me know what you guys thing of this, I basically wrote this in the span of an hour. Sorry if there are mistakes, I haven't had a chance to edit yet.

Robin stared up at the ceiling, a smile on his face. He was back! Two years had passed since he’d sacrificed his life to kill Grima, and he was back. Two years… he still couldn’t wrap his mind around it. It had both felt like only a few seconds had passed and like an eternity between when he’d vanished and awoken again in the same field Chrom had found him years before.

Exactly five years to the day, nonetheless.

Smiling deeper, Robin turned his head, gazing at the woman nuzzled at his side. Lucina. His return had brought many tear-filled reunions, none as important as when he’d embraced his wife once more. They hadn’t had time to truly take it all in then, celebrations with all his other friends having taken up most of the day. It was only after that the two of them had been able be alone in their room, spending much of the night in celebrations of a more passionate kind.

As they lay there Lucina idely traced a finger across his bare chest, her eyes fixed on him. He could tell she was fighting against sleep now. Occasionally he would see her eyelids flutter and head droop as she began to slip into unconsciousness, only to jerk awake once more.

“Lucina, you should get some rest. It’s late,” he told her, reaching out place a hand against the side of her face.

Lucina placed her slimmer hand over his, holding it in place. “I don’t want to. I’m so happy. I’m afraid this is all a dream, and that when I wake up you’ll be gone again. I don’t think I could bear it.” Her voice wavered.

Robin pulled his hand away, suddenly feeling hesitant to touch her, the full weight of the pain he’d caused her crashing down on him like a tidal wave. “I’m sorry, I’d known my decision wouldn’t be easy for you, but I never imagines...” he trailed off, words failing him.

A moment passed in silence before Lucina spoke, her voice hollow. “After you were gone… I tried to tell myself I should be happy, that what had happened was for the best. I’d done what I’d set out to do, accomplished my task beyond my expectations. Grima wasn’t just sealed away, he was gone forever: never again would my future come to pass, never again would he hurt anyone else...” Lucina blinked, fighting back the tears glistening in her steel blue eyes. “In my future so many died for the greater good, I had to learn long ago that sacrifices were necessary. How dare I be selfish then, putting my own happiness over what was best for the world. But I-”

Her voice faltered as she choked back a sob. “But I couldn’t do it, I found myself wishing desperately that things had occurred differently. That I’d been selfish, begged you not to give your own life and damn my duty.” Tears fell down her face now, glistening trails of silver in the pale moon and starlight that streamed in through their room’s window. “I never even told you how dear you were to me. Never told you how- how you were my biggest motivation to save this world, to have a chance to be happy with you. To be start a family… to grow old together…”

“Hey,” he said, putting his hands gently on her shoulders. “I’m here now, and I have no intention of ever leaving you again. When I said I was going to support you for the rest of my life, no matter what happens, I meant every word.” He smiled softly at her, adding, “you mean too much for me leave you alone.”

Lucina buried her face against his chest, wrapping her arms around him. “I was so lonely,” she whispered, nuzzling in closer as she spoke.

“You saved me, you know,” he whispered, holding her tighter.

Lucina lifted her head, surprise at his words clear in her eyes. “What do you mean?”

“When I… when I was gone, I was nothing. I didn’t even exist anymore,” Robin explained, choosing his words carefully. “As I drifted in the void, I felt my bonds with everyone tugging on me, they were the only thing left that tied me to the world. But they weren’t enough, I was slipping away, falling deeper and deeper into nothingness.”

He leaned down, resting his forehead against her’s, speaking softly now. “Then I remembered your voice, heard you crying out for me stay with you, for me not to go. I remembered your face, remembered all the moments we shared. You pulled me back from the brink, Lucina, you gave me meaning. I remembered not only how much you needed me, but how much I needed you.”

Robin was silent for several long moments, considering his next words carefully. Words had always come easily to him, knowing exactly what he needed to say. But this, this was important, what he said now had to be perfect. They had to convey his every feeling. “I would fight through hell and back, suffer through any torment if it meant returning to your side.” He felt tears of his own pool in his eyes, a mist seeming to fall over the world. “You are my light, Lucina. Whenever I lost faith or faltered, you were there to pick me up, to give me reason to keep fighting. Without you… I would have failed long ago. Whenever I feel weak or helpless, I think of you, how after all you suffered you still remain strong and kind, how you are the glimmer of hope against a world of hopelessness.”

Lucina shifted, loosening her head from under his chin and meet his gaze with her own. “I missed you so much, Robin. I never said it enough before but… I love you beyond all else.” She leaned up, pressing her lips against his in a long, gentle kiss.

“I know,” Robin answered as they at last broke away. He wrapped his arms around her just as she clung to him, pulling her into a warmer embrace. “Come on, lets go to sleep. I promise I’ll be there in the morning. I’m here now, and I’ll never leave you again…” he whispered. Nuzzled together the two soon drifted into a deep slumber, contented smiles on both of their faces.

Together they were complete.

Also, this is totally in canon with my ongoing fanfic.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Huzzah, it is done! Let me know what you guys thing of this, I basically wrote this in the span of an hour. Sorry if there are mistakes, I haven't had a chance to edit yet.

Robin stared up at the ceiling, a smile on his face. He was back! Two years had passed since he’d sacrificed his life to kill Grima, and he was back. Two years… he still couldn’t wrap his mind around it. It had both felt like only a few seconds had passed and like an eternity between when he’d vanished and awoken again in the same field Chrom had found him years before.

Smiling deeper, Robin turned his head, gazing at the woman nuzzled at his side. Lucina. His return had brought many tear-filled reunions, none as important as when he’d embraced his wife once more. They hadn’t had time to truly take it all in then, celebrations with all his other friends having taken up most of the day. It was only after that the two of them had been able be alone in their room, spending much of the night in celebrations of a more passionate kind.

As they lay there Lucina idely traced a finger across his bare chest, her eyes fixed on him. He could tell she was fighting against sleep now. Occasionally he would see her eyelids flutter and head droop as she began to slip into unconsciousness, only to jerk awake once more.

“Lucina, you should get some rest. It’s late,” he told her, reaching out place a hand against the side of her face.

Lucina placed her slimmer hand over his, holding it in place. “I don’t want to. I’m so happy. I’m afraid this is all a dream, and that when I wake up you’ll be gone again. I don’t think I could bear it.” Her voice wavered.

Robin pulled his hand away, suddenly feeling hesitant to touch her, the full weight of the pain he’d caused her crashing down on him like a tidal wave. “I’m sorry, I’d known my decision wouldn’t be easy for you, but I never imagines...” he trailed off, words failing him.

A moment passed in silence before Lucina spoke, her voice hollow. “After you were gone… I tried to tell myself I should be happy, that what had happened was for the best. I’d done what I’d set out to do, accomplished my task beyond my expectations. Grima wasn’t just sealed away, he was gone forever: never again would my future come to pass, never again would he hurt anyone else...” Lucina blinked, fighting back the tears glistening in her steel blue eyes. “In my future so many died for the greater good, I had to learn long ago that sacrifices were necessary. How dare I be selfish then, putting my own happiness over what was best for the world. But I-”

Her voice faltered as she choked back a sob. “But I couldn’t do it, I found myself wishing desperately that things had occurred differently. That I’d been selfish, begged you not to give your own life and damn my duty.” Tears fell down her face now, glistening trails of silver in the pale moon and starlight that streamed in through their room’s window. “I never even told you how dear you were to me. Never told you how- how you were my biggest motivation to save this world, to have a chance to be happy with you. To be start a family… to grow old together…”

“Hey,” he said, putting his hands gently on her shoulders. “I’m here now, and I have no intention of ever leaving you again. When I said I was going to support you for the rest of my life, no matter what happens, I meant every word.” He smiled softly at her, adding, “you mean too much for me leave you alone.”

Lucina buried her face against his chest, wrapping her arms tighter around him. “I was so lonely,” she whispered, nuzzling in closer as she spoke.

Lucina lifted her head, surprise at his words clear in her eyes. “What do you mean?”

“When I… when I was gone, I was nothing. I didn’t even exist anymore,” Robin explained, choosing his words carefully. “As I drifted in the void, I felt my bonds with everyone tugging on me, they were the only thing left that tied me to the world. But they weren’t enough, I was slipping away, falling deeper and deeper into nothingness.”

He leaned down, resting his forehead against her’s, speaking softly now. “Then I remembered your voice, heard you crying out for me stay with you, for me not to go. I remembered your face, remembered all the moments we shared. You pulled me back from the brink, Lucina, you gave me meaning. I remembered not only how much you needed but, but how much I needed you.”

Robin was silent for several long moments, considering his next words carefully. Words had always come easily to him, knowing exactly what he needed to say. But this, this was important, what he said now had to be perfect. They had to convey his every feeling. “I would fight through hell and back, suffer through any torment if it meant returning to your side.” He felt tears of his own pool in his eyes, a mist seeming to fall over the world. “You are my light, Lucina. Whenever I lost faith or faltered, you were there to pick me up, to give me reason to keep fighting. Without you… I would have failed long ago. Whenever I feel weak or helpless, I think of you, how after all you suffered you still remain strong and kind, how you are the glimmer of hope against a world of hopelessness.”

Lucina shifted, loosening her head from under his chin and meet his gaze with her own. “I missed you so much, Robin. I never said it enough before but… I love you beyond all else.” She leaned up, pressing her lips against his in a long, gentle kiss.

“I know,” Robin answered as they at last broke away. He wrapped his arms around her just as she clung to him, pulling her into a warmer embrace. “Come on, lets go to sleep. I promise I’ll be there in the morning. I’m here now, and I’ll never leave you again…” he whispered. Nuzzled together the two soon drifted into a deep slumber, contented smiles on both of their faces.

That was so fluffly. And I assume this is when Morgan and Marc were conceived?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That was so fluffly. And I assume this is when Morgan and Marc were conceived?
Yep.

Anyhow, i tried to do my best to capture how I see Lucina and Robin's relationship here, getting a chance to really explore it in a way I havn't yet in my A Future Disowned. Hope I need a good job with it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yep.

Anyhow, i tried to do my best to capture how I see Lucina and Robin's relationship here, getting a chance to really explore it in a way I havn't yet in my A Future Disowned. Hope I need a good job with it.
You did. Are you going to post on Fanfiction.net?

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
You did. Are you going to post on Fanfiction.net?
Not sure yet. I might wait and make it part of a longer oneshot with several scenes to cover the whole reunion (a scene for Robin waking up in the field, another for reuniting with Lucina, then this scene) with the first part rewritten slightly, but I might just post it as is.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not sure yet. I might wait and make it part of a longer oneshot with several scenes to cover the whole reunion (a scene for Robin waking up in the field, another for reuniting with Lucina, then this scene) with the first part rewritten slightly, but I might just post it as is.
I'd love to see you expand on this. It's cute.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I'd love to see you expand on this. It's cute.
Either way those other scenes will be written and that piece will be part of my one-shot collection. The question is if I should start the collection now with that being the first one and have the other two scenes as a separate one-shot, or if I should wait and do it all as one whole once I have time to dedicate to the collection more regularly.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Either way those other scenes will be written and that piece will be part of my one-shot collection. The question is if I should start the collection now with that being the first one and have the other two scenes as a separate one-shot, or if I should wait and do it all as one whole once I have time to dedicate to the collection more regularly.
Either option sounds good.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
:cheep:

Lucina buried her face against his chest, wrapping her arms around him. “I was so lonely,” she whispered, nuzzling in closer as she spoke.

He leaned down, resting his forehead against her’s, speaking softly now. “Then I remembered your voice, heard you crying out for me stay with you, for me not to go. I remembered your face, remembered all the moments we shared. You pulled me back from the brink, Lucina, you gave me meaning. I remembered not only how much you needed me, but how much I needed you.”

so much fluuuuuuffffff

:cheep:

Last edited:

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
I'm planning the way to play day 1 smash...

I'm going to do 2 fast classic modes (Greninja and Sheik), the 3rd with Marth in 5.0 (Lucina!) then switch to VS Mode and play with Lucina until unlock every character...

A couple of matches for the stages and make a few Mii Fighters...

Customization items can wait a little bit...
Is it confirmed that you can unlock Lucina by playing 40 vs matches? It seems like that would be faster.

GhostPanda1314

Smash Cadet

Oh good. I needed this fluff.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Is it confirmed that you can unlock Lucina by playing 40 vs matches? It seems like that would be faster.
Maybe... Technically in Classic Mode are 18 matches in total to get Lucina...

And the primary objective is that Lucina will be the first character to be played extensively because the saturday is for local VS with my friends, I must practice! :grin:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hey guys, I figured I should post here since Lucina will be one of my three mains (still psyched she's in the game like wtf it feels surreal) Fire Emblem Awakening is one of my favorite games of all time, and I love Lucina, so I guess I'll be posting around here pretty often helping make her metagame. Hope to have lots of fun talking to you guys aboutchromsnudes
I never used Marth in the previous Smashes so it might take me a little bit of getting used to Lucina but....
I CHALLENGE MY FATE! :4lucina:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom