• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Palettes & Final Smash

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Fantastic alts. Probably my favorite set out of all the revealed characters.

Totally maining Tharja!Lucina.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Let's see: Normal Lucina, Nowi Lucina, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki, Some weird yellow one that for some reason reminds me of Leif from Genealogy,Tharja and Sumia.OMG!!!!!! A FIRE EMBLEM LORD WITH A NORMAL HAIR COLOR!!!!!! THIS IS A WONDER!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH! Woah, wait, EVEN THE SAME FINAL SMASH?!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ........
Like her alts, totally playing Sumia Lucy with the mask on.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
ALL tournament play barring Nintendo's will ban FS's. Well, okay, Nintendo themselves removes it in 1v1, but still.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Let's see: Normal Lucina, Nowi Lucina, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki, Some weird yellow one that for some reason reminds me of Leif from Genealogy,Tharja and Sumia.OMG!!!!!! A FIRE EMBLEM LORD WITH A NORMAL HAIR COLOR!!!!!! THIS IS A WONDER!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH! Woah, wait, EVEN THE SAME FINAL SMASH?!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ........
Like her alts, totally playing Sumia Lucy with the mask on.
The Cordelia one reminds me of Anna, the "Cherche" one is probably Gerome since it's much darker compared to Cherche's color scheme, and the Sumia one reminds me of Say'ri instead.

That's Lissa.
Or potentially Owain. Out the kids, he, Laurent, Yarne, Morgan, and Cynthia look the most similar to their parents.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
The Cordelia one reminds me of Anna, the "Cherche" one is probably Gerome since it's much darker compared to Cherche's color scheme, and the Sumia one reminds me of Say'ri instead.

Or potentially Owain. Out the kids, he, Laurent, Yarne, Morgan, and Cynthia look the most similar to their parents.
Anna doesn't have white on her outfit, the colors match up with cherche's clothing, Say'ri doesn't have that colored hair or any purple on her clothing.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

Anna doesn't wear white
Cordelia's color scheme is pretty dark
It could be sayri, but the hair says sumia

Really, it's pretty obvious they're all awakening ladies.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I wish there were colors for Say'ri and Panne, but ill get over it because the Cordelia, Tiki, and Nowi palettes look amazing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anna doesn't have white on her outfit, the colors match up with cherche's clothing, Say'ri doesn't have that colored hair or any purple on her clothing.
I think whenever I see red hair and Fire Emblem, my mind automatically goes to try and appease the RNG Goddess.

As for Cherche, she has silver on her, whereas the swap has a darker grey and is more darker like Gerome's. Also, taking into consideration of the cape and that Gerome gave her that mask, it seems more likely it's an homage to Gerome than Cherche.

I couldn't find another front-facing Cherche. Ironically, the image doesn't have Lucina facing the front and if she does have more silver or grey on her body to emulate Cherche's armor, than it'd be Cherche.

Otherwise, I think it's more Gerome than Cherche since he's a friend - well, they had to stick together to survive - of hers, has a black cape, and gave Lucina her mask.

Say'ri does wear purple, but it's dark and somewhat faded looking, however, yes, Say'ri's hair is black while Sumia's is grey-ish.

Anna doesn't wear white
Cordelia's color scheme is pretty dark
It could be sayri, but the hair says sumia

Really, it's pretty obvious they're all awakening ladies.
It could be a mixture of characters like Say'ri/Sumia - "shoved-down-our-throats-OTP" mother and friend in support -, Owain/Lissa - cousin and beloved aunt -, and Gerome/Cherche - friend and mask-giver and legendary warrior who fought alongside her father.

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
I'm sure that all the doubts about the alts will be answered when we see the front of them...

The most dubious is the red one... Cordelia or Sully...

I think I'll be playing mainly with default Lucina... Then Cordelia and Cherche... :grin:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I love them all so much that I think the only reasonable compromise is to cycle through each costume every time I play as her. Gotta get that Awakening fix. :grin:

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
those alt costumes though and what did you guys expect lucina in marth clone she gets same FS as marth
i think i saw a tharja alt costume but im sure i saw a tiki alt costume
I expected her to at least get the Health bar from Awakening. You know the game from she is from.
Also Dark Pit has his own Final Smash and he is a clone of Pit.

Also this.

Where the hell is her Super Move Portrait Attack?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Reaaaallly wished that her Final Smash was a horizontal, ground based Aether with healing properties.

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
As mentioned before, I really like how all of Lucina's alternate costumes are other female characters of Fire Emblem: Awakening
Here is a good picture that compares the costumes with the characters they represent:

From the left to the right we have: Lucina, Nowi, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki, Lissa, Tharja and Sumia...

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I really like Lucina's alts, but hoped for a final smash that was a least a bit different than Marth's.
Seeing how Dark Pit got a different Final Smash, I don't see why Lucina didn't get one.
DP's is still a copied FS, just not from Pit.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I don't think they've mentioned anything about having the mask on when you start. I guess it could work by holding down the L or R button when selecting Lucina like how to pick ZSS in Brawl but it's such a small thing they might not bother.
Unfortunately, from what I've played, she just briefly puts her mask on an then pulls it off...

TheMiddleVeen

Smash Cadet
I was so happy to see her alt :) I loved that fact that they all relate back to FE awakening. I can in a sense play as Sumia. (Even though she doesn't use a sword) I loved this nod to the series. Can't wait for this :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can it be both? She still looks amazing without the mask and looks quite dashing with it. xD

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm more inclined to think it's Cherche over Gerome. As of right now, every other alt refers to a Awakening female character, not a male one, so I don't think he'd be the exception in that regard. Similarly, while he does give her the mask, some of the other child characters are still important to her like Owain, Cynthia, and the like, so I would think that they'd also get nods alongside him.

On top of that, while we don't have a full view of her front yet, Lucina does gain a silverish-white tiara in her Cherche alt, reminiscent of Cherche's maid band.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm more inclined to think it's Cherche over Gerome. As of right now, every other alt refers to a Awakening female character, not a male one, so I don't think he'd be the exception in that regard. Similarly, while he does give her the mask, some of the other child characters are still important to her like Owain, Cynthia, and the like, so I would think that they'd also get nods alongside him.

On top of that, while we don't have a full view of her front yet, Lucina does gain a silverish-white tiara in her Cherche alt, reminiscent of Cherche's maid band.

I agree. Also, Gerome/Lucina is a horrible, horrible pairing. They're better as platonic friends, or being in-laws.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wow, her palette swaps look great especially that Tharja and Sumia alt. Definitely gonna use those along with her default. :)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wow, I absolutely love her palette swaps especially that Tharja and Sumia alt. I'm definitely gonna use those along with her default...although I might end up using her Tharja alt even more though.

And her final smash is the Critical Hit, just like Marth's? Are you serious? ...Could've been something a whole lot better than that.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The Tiki and Lissa alts please me greatly. Definitely going to alternate from time to time.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
As mentioned before, I really like how all of Lucina's alternate costumes are other female characters of Fire Emblem: Awakening
Here is a good picture that compares the costumes with the characters they represent:

From the left to the right we have: Lucina, Nowi, Cherche, Cordelia, Tiki, Lissa, Tharja and Sumia...
I really like the Cherche skin, but back shots can only do so much.

I love how she got colors based on (mostly) characters who can't be her mother in-game.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
with so many possibilities of lucina alts, do you guys like what they ended up going with? i personally like it
A big time yes. Though I'll admit it would've been nice to have a great lord or bride/yukata alt for her, the different colors based off the Fire Emblem first generation characters are great!

Top Bottom