• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Link
----
Jab 1
massive adjustments; hitbox timings, sizes, positions, angles, and knockback entirely reworked with separate ground/aerial target hitboxes
Could we get more info about this? Are the frames faster? Is it cancellable again?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I was testing Rosalina's jab transitions and my target kept getting sent at a different distance each time. I can't really line things up pixel to pixel between 3DS and Wii U screens. Once I concluded hers and luma's jabs weren't faster or slower in any way, I moved on, thinking that if there was a change, it would be in the hitbox data.

They removed the hidden sakurai angle from Mii Swordfighter's Jab 1? There goes my entire thread dedicated to showing how you can incorporate jab locks with that character...

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
I'd like to clarify something. DK's cargo u-throw received only a damage buff and no KB alterations. Does this mean the move is functionally the same as far as combos go? (Thinking of the cargo u-throw/jump/u-air of course)

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman

It says Marth's transition to Jab 2 is frame 17 but Lucina's is frame 18. Is that true? If so, here is the first frame difference Marth and Lucina ever had.

Oh and THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
Wait.... what happened to Link's Jab 1?

Anyway, the unknown Param in link's grab is probably the length of the grab box.

For some reasons, it's pretty much a mess in there right now. Things changed without us really knowing what changed, so theres, that..

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman
Hooooow? Just hoooooow?

Also no changes on Kirby huh? Guess there really was no change to the sweet spot of the forward o.o;
I should probably head over to the Kirby threads to check.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Now the fun part: Analysis of Jab Buff Party 2015.

:4peach: has a more reliable Jab2. *shrugs*, that's nice.
:4bowser: has a faster, safer, weaker u-tilt, as we already knew. No idea how this will affect him, tbqh. No idea how this move fits into his matchups. I anticipate Bowser being one of the weakest characters after this, but this is pretty definitely a benefit for him.
:rosalina: has an imo slightly significant jab finisher nerf. I welcome this, because that move should never have killed. It was just stupid. She'll live, but no fewer easy kills off jabbing ledge option. A+ change.
:4wario2: also got a tuned jab, but like Peach I dunno how much this will actually affect him.
:4gaw: dtilt buff: see Bowser, except I'm confident this will help G&W more. Bair landing lag buff is also nice for him.
:4dk: cargo throw buffs are cool, another A+. They needed it imo, to be compelling options. It's DK's unique thing, you know?
:4diddy: got a good jab--let's put that up front right away. Waaaay better. (Less damage, but I mean, come on. We all know the score on Diddy jab.) It remains to be scene just what impact the d-tilt, grab, throw, and uair nerfs will have on him, but Diddy is a reliant moveset with an abundance of options and tools. He still has Monkey Flip, fair, bair, bananas... and let's be real: 90% of the cast would gladly trade for any one of Diddy's nerfed moves.
:4link: is way better, but he's been discussed a lot already.
:4zelda: usmash should be reliable now, and it does kill decenetly. I doubt the uair and dair landing lag buffs will matter much, but the nair one sure will! (the swapped hitboxes really are much better)
:4tlink: I dunno how much trouble he had from his jab previously, but now it should be a bit more reliable so that's nice?
:4samus: see: Zelda usmash. If these changes (they are generous) really do fix her usmash (which is a fast move!), it will help Samus a lot. Potentially one of the most overlooked and underrated changes in significance.
:4palutena: Not gonna lie, I imagine my u-tilt usage rate with Palutena will remain at zero.
:4marth: I hope everyone is getting excited about Marth again. Jab, u-tilt, up-b, Dolphin Slash buffs... (technically Crescent Slash too, except not really.)
:4myfriends:"It's all true!" Special highlight on that u-tilt duration increase.
:4metaknight: is a top-tier contender now, guys. Take that to the bank.
:4falco: not going to lie, I have no idea what to make of Falco at this moment. He's CLEARLY way better, but how much?
:4charizard: Jab is reliable, fair is bigger, d-throw combos into huge damage, and uthrow is maybe the best kill throw in the game? Like no seriously, Charizard u-throw fresh with max rage kills Mario at 65% on the center of WiiU Dream Land. How can this be a bad character?
:4lucario: How much will the better jab help him? Given his gameplan, probably more than comparable buffs?
:4greninja: I haven't got to experience just what sort of difference in safety the change to f-tilt created. I don't suspect it to be a big deal?
:4falcon:On one hand, he gives up some raw damage and cheesy uair kills. One the other, he can uair combo a bit more and gets a trivial amount of extra f-smash power. Probably a slight nerf overall, but only slight.
:4villager: Did we ever get confirmation if the fuel change was there all along? Either way, I'm skeptical that these throw changes will help him much, if at all.
:4lucina: Like Marth, except her tipper-less jab1 might be better at setups? She also got a non-trivial f-tilt buff; though obviously it's not going to close the gap between the two, it can't hurt.
:4sonic:THE SLIGHT USMASH NERF I ALWAYS DESPERATELY WANTED, THIS IS PERFECT. IT'S CHRISTMAS! I also like the dair change, assuming it wasn't like that before. That is the sort of stuff Sonic should be capable of; not low-% u-smash and throw kills, urg.
:4miibrawl: Onslaught change seems trivial.
:4miisword: ...but his changes are NOT trivial! Like, wow. Jab moved from frame 7 to 5, and made reliable? Size buffs to dash attack, f-tilt, and fair? Nair moved from frame 12 to 10? Bair is a kill move now? This character is way more compelling, definitely keeping up with the Jones.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Could we get more info about this? Are the frames faster? Is it cancellable again?
It's not faster, and the timings should be the same. The hitboxes were just completely redone, to the point that comparing them to the old ones is a waste of time. The best you can do is go play with the new move yourself.

I'd like to clarify something. DK's cargo u-throw received only a damage buff and no KB alterations. Does this mean the move is functionally the same as far as combos go? (Thinking of the cargo u-throw/jump/u-air of course)
Well, you might do more knockback since growth scales with hitbox damage. But iirc some were saying the IASA timings are more favorable now.

It says Marth's transition to Jab 2 is frame 17 but Lucina's is frame 18. Is that true? If so, here is the first frame difference Marth and Lucina ever had.Oh and THANK YOU!
Yeah, I double checked it after I noticed it was odd.

Also no changes on Kirby huh? Guess there really was no change to the sweet spot of the forward o.o;
Yup, double checked it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Damage is factored into the knockback formula, if I'm not mistaken the damage increase from 7 >10% should have about as much of an effect as the KBG being increased from 30 > ~43

I don't know if it will affect his combos off it, but opponents will fly further when thrown.

@ Thinkaman Thinkaman
Code:
Falco Dair
sourspot replaces on frame 21 -> 20 (sweetspot duration 4 -> 5)
I'm confused, the sourspot kicks in a frame earlier but the sweetspot is active one frame longer? Is there a typo here, or does the move start sooner?

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Lucina is most likely top tier with that new counter.

I love how they keep nerfing Diddy and Sonic. they don't even need it, but they're still nerfing them. hahahaha

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Swordfighter's buffs are great! That frame 7 jab and sluggish nair was really holding him back, considering nair is his best spacing tool and he has legitimate jab cancel combos.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
:4sonic:THE SLIGHT USMASH NERF I ALWAYS DESPERATELY WANTED, THIS IS PERFECT. IT'S CHRISTMAS! I also like the dair change, assuming it wasn't like that before. That is the sort of stuff Sonic should be capable of; not low-% u-smash and throw kills, urg.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm confused, the sourspot kicks in a frame earlier but the sweetspot is active one frame longer? Is there a typo here, or does the move start sooner?
It used to replace on frame 19, not 20; fixed. (It is a 1 frame duration buff to the sweetspot)

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
With the changes to Link's grab, does it now, in terms of timing and hitboxes, behave exactly the same on Wii U and 3DS?

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Well, you might do more knockback since growth scales with hitbox damage. But iirc some were saying the IASA timings are more favorable now.
Damage is factored into the knockback formula, if I'm not mistaken the damage increase from 7 >10% should have about as much of an effect as the KBG being increased from 30 > ~43

I don't know if it will affect his combos off it, but opponents will fly further when thrown.
Alright, thanks. I knew that, it's just a bit confusing when some of his throws had values changed for damage and knockback, and only damage was tweaked for u-throw but it STILL gets that inherent KBG increase.

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
:4samus: see: Zelda usmash. If these changes (they are generous) really do fix her usmash (which is a fast move!), it will help Samus a lot. Potentially one of the most overlooked and underrated changes in significance.
Really amazing job you've done.

It is a fast move but the first two hitboxes remain ineffective against a significant number of targets (anything with a low combo window, pk kid, villager, etc...). It works significantly better with target at the top. The final hit will still fail to connect at times, I hit wii-fit with up-smash yesterday at kill percents, almost overlapping Samus and she fell out and promptly up-smashed me to my death. It's a hack job they did with this move.
Very impressed that they adjusted link's grab, now, if only Samus would get some similar treatment. Doubtful, since there's no metroid game in the pipeline for the next 3 years and Sakurai hates Samus, the glaring mistakes will remain, glaring.

Ulevo

Smash Master
:4metaknight: is a top-tier contender now, guys. Take that to the bank.
I do not think he is top tier by the merits of these changes alone. He might be comfortable in A tier depending on how the rest of the changes effect the other characters, and he definitely fits in B tier already, but this was the case before 1.08. The neutral air landing lag change is nice, but a luxury. The forward tilt hit box size increase and decrease is also nice, but it is still unsafe to use against many mindful opponents in neutral with strong punish options, and it still has to contend with forward smash. The biggest change he has received was the change in 1.07 where his Dimensional Cape was fixed, allowing players to use it as an option. The other changes are trivial.

Good job on the patch notes.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The damage value of an attack indeed has a very noticeable effect on knockback. Because the knockback formula uses the damage of an attack and the percentage of the target after damage is dealt, the rate of change of knockback with respect to the damage value of the attack basically increases as that damage value increases.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Samus' grabs got the same treatment as Link's. Earlier IASA frames. Though my testing method doesn't give me an easy way to examine dash and pivot grabs. I assume whenever they change one grab, they change them all. Zero Suit was not lucky enough to get the same treatment. Or anything. Ditto for Pit and Palutena

:4bowser: has a faster, safer, weaker u-tilt, as we already knew. No idea how this will affect him, tbqh. No idea how this move fits into his matchups. I anticipate Bowser being one of the weakest characters after this, but this is pretty definitely a benefit for him.
We've discussed it a bit, and we're quite happy. I mean, what we really want from an update is consistency over whether Bowsercide should kill both targets, or kill Bowser first. Because right now it's bugged to be stage dependent and phase dependent (castle siege, Delfino, etc.). Bowser's Utilt saw no use among our top players prior to the patch. You could hit a target on a platform above you with Utilt, they block it with shield, then they could put down shield, drop under the platform, and get off a smash attack on Bowser before the Utilt's animation finished. You could also swipe at people as they air dodge through it, and they would have frame advantage as they land with their appropriate lag. Our Usmash was just so much better between double damage, more active frames, a second hitbox as he lands, and Shellguard. Now that Utilt is better, we don't think it's game changing, but it's nice to know we COULD make use of it for platform pressure, and maybe an odd mixup. The hitbox for this move is alarmingly huge, giving us the better juggle game we never really knew we wanted.

Unowninator

Smash Cadet
The height at which a defender will land on a platform during a throw's animation overlapping a platform has been increased, reducing the ability for this interaction to happen. Notable on Ganondorf's Flame Choke (can no longer force this on battlefield platforms against any character) or Mewtwo's Confusion.
So, let me make sure I get this right: basically if you use those forward (B)s on Battlefield, they now land above you?

Also, I could be wrong about this, but I think Dedede has more ending lag when eating a projectile.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
As of now, I am still attempting to get Mewtwo's 1.06/1.07 proper data and see if he received any buffs/nerfs. For some reasons, Mewtwo's files are scrambled randomly in his folder. Not easy to get...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hot damn Swordfighter. Dunban costume gonna get extra work, poor Shulk.
The Swordsman meta is soon upon us. Finally.
50/0's fair can actually compete with Marth's in terms of range. That's pretty sweet. I'm happy most of the buffs I wanted for swordfighter came true.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Alright, never say I don't love you guys. Shoutouts to Schiffe for supplying the files.

REMEMBER, this does NOT include:
  • IASA times on animations (endlag nor landing lag)
  • Overall engine quirks/alterations
  • Grabbable items
  • Anything involving Mewtwo; I don't have readable 1.0.6/7 files for him. (If you do, please share?)
  • Anything involving the new characters. (This is a changelog!)
This DOES include any and all possible changes to:
  • Hitbox ID, damage, knockback, angle, element, size, position, tripping, SDI, hitlag, ect.
  • Move startup times
  • Animation speedup-based timing changes
  • All move startup timings
  • All AC timings
  • All super/heavy armor (spoilers, no changes)
  • All state transitions (like jabs)
It is possible but unlikely that any of these were missed while compiling this list.
Why did you have to leave us?!

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
So @ Thinkaman Thinkaman , @ Schiffe Schiffe will we be getting something like this for the changes made in 1.0.6?

Last edited:

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
As of now, I am still attempting to get Mewtwo's 1.06/1.07 proper data and see if he received any buffs/nerfs. For some reasons, Mewtwo's files are scrambled randomly in his folder. Not easy to get...
If that's the case, let me check him next.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
hitlag 0.5 -> 0.7 I'm kind of confused as to what this means, can anybody please explain to me what do they mean by hit lag? Like the lag you get when you get hit by an attack? I thought that's static throughout all moves.

Thanks for all the work Thinkaman! :D

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Whoops, I missed a Marth change. The hit-lag on his Crescent Slash was also increased by 2 frames; 3 -> 5.

Last edited:

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
hitlag 0.5 -> 0.7 I'm kind of confused as to what this means, can anybody please explain to me what do they mean by hit lag? Like the lag you get when you get hit by an attack? I thought that's static throughout all moves.

Thanks for all the work Thinkaman! :D
What you're probably thinking of is hitstun. Hit lag is a factor that causes any characters involved to freeze for a short time, hence the alternate name of "freeze frames."
Why this hit lag has a decimal value, I'm not sure. Could be a typo or something I don't know about, probably the latter.

Last edited:

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
This isn't really a change per say, but I'd like to note how despite several characters getting ledge/momentum type techs removed, Ganon's Wizkick cancel is still in.
And Captain Falcon can still run off and immediately snap to the ledge with a Raptor Boost. It's only special moves that cause a grounded slide that have been affected.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
So @ Thinkaman Thinkaman , @ Schiffe Schiffe will we be getting something like this for the changes made in 1.0.6?
Actually, I am getting version 1.06 as we speak, because I have to check if Mewtwo's original files could be located there instead of 1.07.

The data concerning Mewtwo in 1.07 is quite possibly just the bugfix to remove the Custom Glitch and the GSP Glitch. Not the actual fighter files..

If Thinkaman wishes to decrypt 1.06's Fighter Files, I'll give him the files.

Although, at this point, I do not know if it is still necessary to get 1.06 Fighter files since that we already have 1.07. 1.06 has (supposedly) no differences in balance compared to 1.07.

nerdbot

Smash Rookie
I dunno if this is the place to ask, but if anyone has an unpatched Wii U, could they test the hitboxes on ROB's down air? Post-patch I feel as if spike hitboxes are far more generous. Could be placebo or confirmation bias, but I feel pretty strong about this one or I wouldn't ask.

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
Alright, never say I don't love you guys. Shoutouts to Schiffe for supplying the files.

REMEMBER, this does NOT include:
  • IASA times on animations (endlag nor landing lag)
  • Overall engine quirks/alterations
  • Grabbable items
  • Anything involving Mewtwo; I don't have readable 1.0.6/7 files for him. (If you do, please share?)
  • Anything involving the new characters. (This is a changelog!)
This DOES include any and all possible changes to:
  • Hitbox ID, damage, knockback, angle, element, size, position, tripping, SDI, hitlag, ect.
  • Move startup times
  • Animation speedup-based timing changes
  • All move startup timings
  • All AC timings
  • All super/heavy armor (spoilers, no changes)
  • All state transitions (like jabs)
It is possible but unlikely that any of these were missed while compiling this list.

Code:
Mario
-----
NO CHANGES

Luigi
-----
NO CHANGES

Peach
-----
Jab2
    hitbox 1
        size 2.4 -> 3.0
    hitbox 2
        size 2.4 -> 4.0

Bowser
------
Utilt
    unknown events frame 11 -> 10
    hitbox 2 removed
    all hitboxes
        frame 12 -> 11
        damage 10 -> 9
        x 7.4 -> 6.9
    animation speed 1.5x for frames 17-52 (11 frames faster?)

Yoshi
-----
NO CHANGES

Rosalina
--------
Rapid Jab End
    hitbox
        kbg 170 -> 150

Bowser Jr.
----------
NO CHANGES

Wario
-----
Unknown parameters set to 63 and 15 on many of his hitboxes
Jab1
    hitbox 0
        angle 65 -> 55
        bkb 35 -> 45
    hitbox 1
        angle 75 -> 72
        kbg 50 -> 40
        bkb 28 -> 38
Jab2
    third hitbox added, positions adjusted
    all hitboxes
        size 5.5/3.5 -> 5.8/3.8/3.3

Mr. Game & Watch
----------------
Dtilt
    hitbox 0 (6%)
        kbg 120 -> 125
        bkb 10 -> 40
    hitbox 1 (1%)
        kbg 100 -> 120
        bkb 60 -> 70
        size 9.0 -> 10.5
        unknown param 11.0 -> 9.0

Donkey Kong
-----------
Cargo fthrow
    throwbox 0 (launching component of throw)
        damage 8 -> 10
Cargo bthrow
        damage 8 -> 12
        angle 55 -> 72
        bkb 80 -> 70
Cargo uthrow
        damage 7 -> 10
Cargo dthrow
        damage 6 -> 7
        angle 45 -> 48
        kbg 38 -> 80
        bkb 65 -> 50
    unknown event moved from frame 18 -> 17
        momentum boost added

Diddy Kong
----------
Jab1
    all hitboxes
        damage 1.5 -> 1.2
    transition to jab2
        frame 10 -> 8
Jab2
    all hitboxes
        damage 1.5 -> 1.2
    transition to jab3
        frame 9 -> 8
Jab3
    all hitboxes
        wkb 30 -> 25
        size 4.0/3.5/3.0 -> 4.2/3.7/3.2
    transition to rapid jab loop
        frame 22 -> 15
Rapid Jab Loop
    a variety of small hitboxes replaced with one big one
    new hitboxes
        damage 0.6 -> 0.5
        angle 70/90 -> 60
        wkb 6 -> 4
        size 3.0 -> 6.7
        SDI 1.3 -> 0.7
        unknown param (default) -> 6.8
        unknown param (default) -> 6.0
Rapid Jab End
    animation speed 2.0x for frames 0-8 (4 frames faster)
    hitbox
        kbg 180 -> 177
        bkb 30 -> 45
        size 5.0 -> 7.2
        y 5.5 -> 6.8
        unknown param 5.5 -> 6.8
        unknown param 5.5 -> 6.0
Dtilt
    new 3rd hitbox (centered on clap?) identical to other two
    all hitboxes
        damage 6.0 -> 5.5
Uair
    all hitboxes
        begin frame 3 -> 4
        kbg 99 -> 89
        bkb 65 -> 64
    landing lag window
        3-15 -> 0-27
Uthrow
    hitbox (launching component of throw)
        damage 4 -> 1 (total 8 -> 5)
        bkb 100 -> 120
        bkb 30 -> 50
Dthrow
        damage 6.0 -> 7.0
        angle 105 -> 106
        kbg 50 -> 59

Link
----
Jab 1
    massive adjustments; hitbox timings, sizes, positions, angles, and knockback entirely reworked with separate ground/aerial target hitboxes
Dtilt
    animation speed 1.33x for frames 0-12 (2 frames faster?)
    hitboxes
        damage 12 -> 11
        x 12.8/15.4 -> 14.1/16.6
Grab
    unknown param 28 -> 32
    animation speed 1.25x for frames 30-70 instead of 1.33x for frames 30-54 (3 frames faster?)
Dash Grab
    unknown param 28 -> 32
    animation speed 1.25x for frames 32-71 (8 frames faster?)
Pivot Grab
    unknown param 37 -> 41
    animation speed 1.25x for frames 33-72 (8 frames faster?)
Fthrow
        angle 55 -> 50
Dthrow
        damage 4 -> 3
        angle 110 -> 83
        kbg 90 -> 85
Spin Attack
    all stage 1 (of 4) hitboxes
        kbg 84 -> 85
    all stage 2 (of 4) hitboxes
        kbg 80 -> 85
    all stage 3 (of 4) hitboxes
        kbg 80 -> 82
Shocking Spin Attack
    all stage 2 (of 3) hitboxes
        kbg 80 -> 82

Zelda
-----
Usmash
    all looping hitboxes
        increased in size by 0.5
        wkb 40/50/60/60 -> all 40
        SDI 1.0 -> 0.5
    final hitboxes
        kbg 190 -> 214
Nair
    hitbox 0 and 1 IDs and damage (1.0/2.0) swapped

Sheik
-----
NO CHANGES

Ganondorf
---------
NO CHANGES

Toon Link
---------
Jab1
    hitbox 0 and 2 IDs swapped
Jab2
    kbg 37 -> 34
    bkb 16 -> 25
Jab3
    all hitboxes
        size 3.5 -> 4.2
    hitbox 0
        z 5.0 -> 4.5

Samus
-----
Usmash
    all hitboxes increased in size by 0.5
    some hitboxes split in two, or given angle+wkb adjustments
    final hitbox
        kbg 135 -> 150
        size 7.0/3.5 -> 7.3/4.0

Zero Suit Samus
---------------
NO CHANGES

Pit
---
NO CHANGES

Palutena
--------
Utilt
    all hitboxes
        bone 1000 -> 0
        size and positions adjusted heavily
    looping hitboxes
        damage 1.0 -> 1.2

Marth
-----
Jab1
    all hitboxes
        damage 4/6 -> 3/5
        angle 361 -> 78/65/90
        kbg 50/70 -> 30
        bkb 20/30 -> 55
        hitlag 1.0 -> 0.7
    transition to jab2
        frame 20 -> 17
Jab2
    all hitboxes
        angle 361 -> 45
        kbg 50/70 -> 75
        bkb 20/30 -> 62
Utilt
    initial hitboxes
        angle 361 -> 100 (already 100 on hitboxes 0,3)
        bkb 50 -> 65
    delayed hitboxes
        bkb 40 -> 52
Dolphin Slash
    initial hitboxes
        kbg 68 -> 74
        hitlag 0.5 -> 0.7
Crescent Slash
    initial hitboxes
        hitlag 0.5 -> 0.7

Ike
---
Jab1
    transition to jab2
        frame 13 -> 10
Jab2
    new hitbox added as hitbox 1; old hitbox 1 changed to hitbox 2
    hitbox 0
        y 8.0 -> 7.5
    new hitbox 1
        angle 80 (others are 65)
        kbg 80 (others are 80/100)
        wbg 25 (others are 40/50)
        size 3.5
Jab3
    hitboxes appear on frame 7 -> 6 (1 frame faster)
    hitbox 3
        size 2.5 -> 3.2
    hitbox duration 3 -> 4 frames
Dash Attack
    animation speed 1.25x for frames 0-17 (3 frames faster?)
    hitboxes appear on frame 18 -> 17 (4 frames faster total?)
    hitbox 0
        damage 10 -> 14
        angle 55 -> 52
        kbg 70 -> 78
        size 6.0 -> 6.3
        hitlag 1.0 -> 1.2
    hitbox 1
        damage 8 -> 11
        angle 55 -> 52
        kbg 70 -> 78
    hitbox 2
        damage 5 -> 9

Ftilt (all)
    animation speed 1.25x for frames 0-14 (2 frames faster?)
    hitboxes appear on frame 15 -> 14 (3 frames faster total?)
    all 3 old hitboxes replaced with 1 new one
    new hitbox
        bone 1000 -> 1
        damage 14/14/12 -> 12.5
Utilt
    initial hitbox
        y 12.0 -> 13.0
    delayed hitbox
        y 10.5 -> 12.0
        lasts until frame 19 -> 22 (duration 5 -> 8 frames)
Fair
    hitboxes appear on frame 16 -> 14 (2 frames faster)
    hitbox 0
        y 9.0 -> 10.5
    hitbox 1
        y 6.2 -> 6.75
    hitbox 2
        y 4.0 -> 3.0
Some 1.25x animation speed added to a couple unknown minor actions (non-attacks)

Robin
-----
NO CHANGES

Kirby
-----
NO CHANGES

King Dedede
-----------
NO CHANGES

Meta Knight
-----------
Rapid Jab Loop
    all hitboxes
        divided into 2 for better coverage (positions adjusted)
        damage 1.0 -> 1.2
        kbg 40 -> 30
        size 5.5 -> 5.8/6.8 pairs
        SDI 1.0 -> 0.6
Rapid Jab End
    hitbox
        size 5.7 -> 8.0
        y 5.5 -> 7.0
        x 18.0 -> 20.0
Ftilt3
    all hitboxes
        damage 3 -> 4
        angle 65 -> 361
        kbg 110 -> 107

Little Mac
----------
NO CHANGES

Fox
---
NO CHANGES

Falco
-----
Jab1
    all hitboxes
        bkb 30 -> 35
    hitbox 0 (new)
        angle 80 -> 68
        size 2.0 -> 2.5
        z 0.0 -> -0.5
    hitbox 1
        angle 80 -> 77
        size 3.0 -> 3.2
Jab2
    hitbox 2
        angle 50 -> 45
        size 2.0 -> 5.0
        z 0.0 -> -0.5
    transition to jab3
        frame 10 -> 9
Rapid Jab Loop
    hitbox 0
        size 2.0 -> 2.7
    hitbox 1
        size 3.0 -> 3.2
Usmash
    ID and GID tweaks to hitboxes
    final hitboxes last frames 13-20 -> 12-21
Nair
    basically a different move; same timings, but all 16 of its hitboxes have been altered
        generally wkb increased and most angles set to 367 and sizes significantly increases
Fair
    animation speed 1.33x for frames 0-37 (9 frames faster total? hits 2 frames faster?)
    looping hitboxes
        refresh time 6 -> 4 (total looping hits 3 -> 5, or 7 -> 9 damage total)
Fair Landing
    hitbox
        damage 5 -> 3
        bkb 30 -> 50
Uair
    animation speed 1.5x for frames 0-8 (2 frames faster?)
    hitboxes appear on frame 10 -> 8 (4 frames faster total)
    all hitboxes
        damage 11 -> 10
        angle 68/68/80 -> 65/75/85
        kbg 100/100/20 -> 90/90/90
        bkb 27/27/30 -> 35/35/35
    hitbox 0
        size 4.8 -> 5.0
Dair
    initial hitbox bifurcated; hits grounded targets at angle 80
    sourspot replaces on frame 19 -> 20 (sweetspot duration 3 -> 4)
    sourspot hitbox
        size 5.0 -> 5.3

Pikachu
-------
NO CHANGES

Charizard
---------
Jab1
    hitbox 0
        wkb 15 -> 26
    hitbox 1 + 2
        wkb 10 -> 22
    transition to jab2
        frame 10 -> 9
Jab2
    transition to jab3
        frame 10 -> 9
Jab3
    all hitboxes
        kbg 110 -> 130
Fair
    hitbox 0
        size 4.3 -> 4.6
        x 7.0 -> 7.5
    delayed hitbox 0
        kbg 98 -> 97
        size 4.5 -> 4.8
        z 7.0 -> 7.5
    hitboxes removed on frame 12-> 13 (total duration 4 -> 5)
Uthrow
        angle 60 -> 70
        kbg 160 -> 220
Dthrow
        angle 361 -> 70
        kbg 300 -> 130
        bkb 40 -> 70

Lucario
-------
Jab1
    hitbox 0
        angle 60 -> 80
        kbg 30 -> 10
        bkb 45 -> 33
    hitbox 1
        kgb 30 -> 10
        bkb 45 -> 33
    delayed hitbox 0
        angle 90 -> 80
        kbg 30 -> 10
        bkb 50 -> 32
Jab2
    hitbox 0
        angle 72 -> 60
        kbg 30 -> 20
        bkb 50 -> 38
    hitbox 1
        kgb 30 -> 20
        bkb 50 -> 32
    hitbox 2
        kgb 30 -> 20

Jigglypuff
----------
NO CHANGES

Greninja
--------
Ftilt (all)
    all hitboxes
        damage 6.5 -> 7.3
        kbg 112 -> 110/90/70
        bkb 15 -> 20/30/40
    hitboxes 1 + 2 have z-pos adjusted
    hitbox 2 bone 3 -> 5
    animation speed 1.33x from frame 13-38 (7 frames faster?)

Duck Hunt
---------
NO CHANGES

R.O.B.
------
NO CHANGES

Ness
----
NO CHANGES

Captain Falcon
--------------
F-smash (up)
    all hitboxes
        KBG 94 -> 95
F-smash (straight)
    all hitboxes
        KBG 94 -> 95
F-smash (down)
    all hitboxes
        KBG 84 -> 85
Uair
    initial hitbox 0
        damage 13 -> 11
        bkg 10 -> 16
    initial hitbox 1
        damage 12 -> 10
        bkg 10 -> 16
    late hitbox 0
        damage 12 -> 10
        bkg 8 -> 10
    late hitbox 1
        damage 10 -> 9
        bkg 8 -> 10

Villager
--------
Weird FacingRestriction Flag removed from Bair Projectile Hitboxes
Fthrow
        bkb 100 -> 102
Bthrow
        bkb 15 -> 18
Dthrow
        damage 4.5 -> 6.0
        kbg 105 -> 80

Olimar
------
NO CHANGES

Wii Fit Trainer
---------------
NO CHANGES

Dr. Mario
---------
NO CHANGES

Dark Pit
--------
NO CHANGES

Lucina
------
Jab1
    all hitboxes
        damage 4.75 -> 3.325
        angle 361 -> 78/65/90
        kbg 50 -> 30
        bkb 20 -> 55
        hitlag 1.0 -> 0.7
    transition to jab2
        frame 20 -> 18
Jab2
    all hitboxes
        angle 361 -> 45
        kbg 60 -> 75
        bkb 25 -> 62
        hitlag 1.0 -> 0.7
        unknown param 0 -> 1
Ftilt
    all hitboxes
        damage 9.975 -> 10.925
Utilt
    initial hitboxes
        bkb 50 -> 65
    delayed hitboxes
        bkb 40 -> 52
Dolphin Slash
    initial hitboxes
        kbg 68 -> 74
        hitlag 0.5 -> 0.7
Crescent Slash
    initial hitboxes
        hitlag 0.5 -> 0.7

Shulk
-----
NO CHANGES

Pac-Man
-------
NO CHANGES

Mega Man
--------
NO CHANGES

Sonic
-----
Usmash
    final hitbox
        kbg 177 -> 165

Mewtwo
------
UNKNOWN

Lucas
-----
[NEW]

Roy
---
[NEW]

Ryu
---
[NEW]

Mii Brawler
-----------
Onslaught Startup (ground and aerial)
    all windboxes
        unknown params changed
    windbox 1
        angle 50 -> 361
        kbg 100 -> 0
        wkb 80 -> 0
        element Hit -> Push

Mii Swordfighter
----------------
Jab1
    animation speed 1.25x for frames 0-5 (1 frame faster)
    hitboxes appear on frame 7 -> 6 (2 frames faster total)
    hitbox 2 split into 2
    all hitboxes
        angle 85/361/361 -> 85/50/45/45
        kbg 37 -> 20
        bkb 16 -> 32
    transition to jab2
        frame 10 -> 9
Jab2
    hitboxes 0 and 1 IDs swapped
    hitbox 1
        swapped angle 100 -> 96
    hitbox 2 split into 2
    transition to jab3
        frame 10 -> 9
Jab3
    hitboxes 0 and 1 IDs swapped
    hitbox 2 split into 2
Dash Attack
    all hitboxes
        size 3.0/2.2 -> 4.0/3.0
Ftilt
    hitbox 1 split into 2
Nair
    animation speed 1.18x for frames 0-10 (1 frame faster?)
    hitboxes appear on frame 12 -> 11 (2 frames faster total)
Fair
    hitbox 2 (initial and middle)
        size 2.4 -> 3.5
    hitbox 2 (final)
        size 3.2 -> 3.5
Bair
    all hitboxes
        damage 12 -> 14
Dair Landing
    hitbox
        x 9.0 -> 10.5
Slash Launcher
    windbox 0
        x 5.0 -> 6.0

Mii Gunner
----------
NO CHANGES
I'm confused by "hitbox 0"s. I'm especially wondering if one of the hitboxes on G&W's D-Tilt is his windbox? Someone please explain.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Actually, I am getting version 1.06 as we speak, because I have to check if Mewtwo's original files could be located there instead of 1.07.

The data concerning Mewtwo in 1.07 is quite possibly just the bugfix to remove the Custom Glitch and the GSP Glitch. Not the actual fighter files..

Although, at this point, I do not know if it is still necessary to get 1.06 Fighter files since that we already have 1.07. 1.06 has (supposedly) no differences in balance compared to 1.07.
Would perhaps a 1.0.4 > 1.0.6/7 changelist be available sometime then if/since the 1.0.7 files are the same as 1.0.6's for the most part?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO

I think you should also get him 1.04 files to so he can compare them directly and see what's probably missing from our 1.06 community patch notes.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I dunno if this is the place to ask, but if anyone has an unpatched Wii U, could they test the hitboxes on ROB's down air? Post-patch I feel as if spike hitboxes are far more generous. Could be placebo or confirmation bias, but I feel pretty strong about this one or I wouldn't ask.
Hey welcome to smashboards! Currently in terms of hitboxes, ROB is unchanged. The page previous to this one has a huge compilation of data for every characters hitbox, kb, damage, etc. (except DLC)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Samus' grabs got the same treatment as Link's. Earlier IASA frames. Though my testing method doesn't give me an easy way to examine dash and pivot grabs. I assume whenever they change one grab, they change them all. Zero Suit was not lucky enough to get the same treatment.
worldssmallestviolin.jpg

I'll see what I can do with 1.0.6 notes + Mewtwo, if I get files for them.

If not, we can gradually compare the 1.0.8 stuff with the abundance of 1.0.4 data.

nerdbot

Smash Rookie
Hey welcome to smashboards! Currently in terms of hitboxes, ROB is unchanged. The page previous to this one has a huge compilation of data for every characters hitbox, kb, damage, etc. (except DLC)
I didn't realize there was a huge dump, I've only really been going off the first page for reference. I apologize! Thanks so much.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
I think you should also get him 1.04 files to so he can compare them directly and see what's probably missing from our 1.06 community patch notes.
Would perhaps a 1.0.4 > 1.0.6/7 changelist be available sometime then if/since the 1.0.7 files are the same as 1.0.6's for the most part?
1.04? Master Core does have 1.04. We do have all the required things to compare 1.07 and 1.04 as of now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom