• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas BBR MU Chart

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
His list is pretty good, just a few things are discussable.

Guys let's try to tell Marths the matchup is +4 for Lucas. :troll:

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
i'm surprised D3 isn't -3 considering Lucas's lack of range, and his long duration ariels.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
i'm surprised D3 isn't -3 considering Lucas's lack of range, and his long duration ariels.
Lucas can get around some of D3's strengths in this MU if you predict correctly, unlike marth who has safe & quick options most of the time.

defs not -3, someone better at explaining can elaborate

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
D3 is def. not -3, if we get in on him and don't get a stupid stage picked we can combo him and on Smashville, Battlefield our Dsmash is really helpful to rack up damage imo.

Also, getting in might be a little hard but once you do it's time to rackup damage, -1 I think, unless I'm missing something then maybe -2, but not -3, his waddle dees that shoot electricity also heal us... so that limits him there, specially helpful if we camp him to throw that, then knock him away so we can heal.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Hmmm, well... I don't know anymore then ;_;

I hope he's not -3, but if he really is then oh well, just gotta work around it somehow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lol I really wanted to post "oh I know Pink thinks it's worse."

It's -2, IMO, and I'll say why when I get to a computer, but yeah Pink, I think it's just Coney is really good and knows how you play to probably a very good extent.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It interests me that he's -2 when some other characters are -3. I suppose it's just me. A few of Lucas's -2's and -1's seem pretty flawed imo. He still has some horrible match-ups to contend with but I don't think it's so horribly bad.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
My list

-3: :dedede: :sheik: :snake:

-2: :metaknight: :peach: :pit: :dk: :yoshi: :olimar:

-1: :falco: :marth: :pikachu: :wario: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario: :toonlink: :wolf: :rob: :kirby: :ike: :ness: :pt: :samus:

0: :diddy: :fox: :sonic: :lucas: :mario: :falcon: :link: :gw:

+1: :luigi: :bowser:

+2: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:

+3: :zelda:

This list is about as bad as the BBR one for lucas because both were mostly my opinions
you told me you thought the Zelda MU was like -1.

I have been saying that MU was bad though.

Lucas can get out of F smash and U smash and hes small and hard to LK so she has no reliable way to kill him.
Then she can't even try to camp.

Worse than Ganon tho......

Jamwa

Smash Champion
you told me you thought the Zelda MU was like -1.
I have been saying that MU was bad though.

Lucas can get out of F smash and U smash and hes small and hard to LK so she has no reliable way to kill him.
Then she can't even try to camp.

Lucas is stylin
this gif is appropriate for Mekos, being a saiyan :p

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Merh Lerst

-3 : :dedede: :snake: :marth:

-2: :dk2: :metaknight: :pit: :olimar:

-1: :peach: :diddy: :wario: :toonlink: :samus: :zerosuitsamus: :rob: :falco: :wolf: :pikachu: :lucario: :popo: :ike: :gw:

-0: :yoshi2: :pt: :ness2: :sonic: :kirby: :fox:

+1: :mario: :luigi: :bowser: :link:

+2: :jigglypuff: :ganondorf: :zelda:

+3: :lucas:

didnt put shiek/falcon in there coz i've never versed one. we should discuss shiek (y)

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
So like, I found out how to do the diddy infinite nana lock, it's hard but if anyone here wants to try it with me maybe we could learn how to do it easier, I've got the basic knowledge of it down kinda.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
the wolf boards will be arguing Wolf V Lucas as an even matchup what's everyone's thoughts?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312614

Here is our MU discussion which is a little outdated from almost a year ago.

Basically with Wolf vs. Lucas, it can be very close to even but I feel it is more -1 into Wolf's favour because he has an easier time killing us than we do him. Otherwise, both sides can do some pretty fun things to each other.

I checked your boards but saw no real thread to go to discuss this in. ^^" I would definitely asked Seagull since he is the Wolf Main who has the most experience with Lucas even though his curse of losing to him a lot haha. Against Joe, it seems more +1 Lucas' favor. xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I reckon it's not within the realm of impossibility to call it even or ever so slightly Wolf's favour. I felt like Mozart and I were about the same skill level at BAM and we did a 1-1 in pools. Basically wolf can't rely on blaster, even as a bait because we can magnet cancel to stuff. He's got Bair on us which is really scarily pressuring but I feel like we can really hurt Wolf offstage more than he can hurt us, assuming both sides know each other's tricks. Wolf's recovery has it's issues and his aerial mobility while in helpless leaves much to be desired. That is, we can abuse our tether to control when we want invincibility frames on the ledge if he's going for it and can punish him if he tries to get back on stage depending on where he is. Wolf is a beast up close (pun intended ;)) and shouldn't be treated lightly. However, if he IS up close we have Nair as pressuring tools and our combos can give us some space. Wolf has reflector for PK fire camping - you should probably be retreating when using PKF or in a position where you're reasonably sure he won't Shine. Of course Wolf can keep us out to some extent and his killing power is one of his biggest assets - we have to land a hard read to kill whereas he can punish us with Dsmash much easier. He's also very safe both in the air and just above ground, the latter being a place we love to be.

So yea i'm not entirely sure, i'm a biased, low-level Lucas main but I feel like even or -1 Wolf's favour is justifiable.

Out of curiosity, what do Wolf mains feel make this MU closer to even than -1, because I noticed in that discussion that most Lucas mains called it probably closer to wolf's favour? :)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I don`t think there is much to discuss about this MU...

Just a little +1 advantage for Wolf imo

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I main Lucas and my best friend mains DK, so I can sadely say i've faced him hundreds of times. He isn't a pushover either, he's a solid DK. It made me feel ever so happy to find his matchup is a -4 ... I'M NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT

But it makes perfect sense. Dk's weight makes Lucas have to wait for him to reach about 150% to get his Sidesmash (Down works too) to kill. You can get a back throw in at about 130% or less depending on stage and position. DKs overall range beats Lucas' attacks and dodges (Down-Tilt to Down-B is a 23% on you just like that), not to mention he's go a strong back air to boot and two meteor smashes. With Lucas' recovery it comes to be impossible.

When I don't get frustrated with his punches and ungodly long arms, I can win a match but it's really hard. I recommend using Lucas' C-stick Special controls and playing defense with Pk-fires. Lucas' jab is also really good so take advantage of that too! Also trick him out with the PSI Magnet wave dash, you can do that and get in a side-tilt. I'd say when off the edge use your Snake if you can so you're not open to any aerials.

But -4 makes alot of sense. DKs weight puts Lucas to **** even with his big target.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I main Lucas and my best friend mains DK, so I can sadely say i've faced him hundreds of times. He isn't a pushover either, he's a solid DK. It made me feel ever so happy to find his matchup is a -4 ... I'M NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT

But it makes perfect sense. Dk's weight makes Lucas have to wait for him to reach about 150% to get his Sidesmash (Down works too) to kill. You can get a back throw in at about 130% or less depending on stage and position. DKs overall range beats Lucas' attacks and dodges (Down-Tilt to Down-B is a 23% on you just like that), not to mention he's go a strong back air to boot and two meteor smashes. With Lucas' recovery it comes to be impossible.

When I don't get frustrated with his punches and ungodly long arms, I can win a match but it's really hard. I recommend using Lucas' C-stick Special controls and playing defense with Pk-fires. Lucas' jab is also really good so take advantage of that too! Also trick him out with the PSI Magnet wave dash, you can do that and get in a side-tilt. I'd say when off the edge use your Snake if you can so you're not open to any aerials.

But -4 makes alot of sense. DKs weight puts Lucas to **** even with his big target.
Hey try not to revive all these old threads, just post in the social :)

Top Bottom