• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucaryu Official Discussion thread

shanus

Smash Hero
hard to say if its Fuzzy, Leffen, or Vwins. We need more recent footage of their 2.5carios to better guess!

`dazrin

Smash Champion
The title for "best lucario" is up for grabs, imo. Lucario is so different in 2.5 that it's honestly a whole new ballgame, and people are going to need to step it up to bring Lucario's potential in the spotlight :b

iLink

Smash Champion
I wish I had some way of recording to show some of the stuff I've come up with.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Hey does anyone know if they took away Lucario's ability to combo his fair->sideb??? I remember being able to do it in 2.1 but I can't seem to do it at all anymore in 2.5...

Also what is everyone's favorite combo to do as Lucario?

iLink

Smash Champion
The slower start-up on sideb makes it almost impossible to combo if the opponent isn't DI'ing right into you the whole time.

shanus

Smash Hero
its much more challenging, but still feasible. You will need to be a bit more creative to land it

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
You guys don't know about Eggz's Lucario

Let's just say, if you went into the future and ordered a prostitute. She would tell you "why spend money on me, when you could go to youtube and watch Eggz's Lucario"

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
You guys don't know about Eggz's Lucario

Let's just say, if you went into the future and ordered a prostitute. She would tell you "why spend money on me, when you could go to youtube and watch Eggz's Lucario"
Got any videos?

I heard he got pretty pissed about the 2.5 nerfs.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
The slower start-up on sideb makes it almost impossible to combo if the opponent isn't DI'ing right into you the whole time.
I think first hit of dair > side-b might work. I imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to work into early% combos. Still, let's face it, the days of ending every other combo with an epic FP spike are pretty much over. If anyone can prove me wrong on that, please do, but that's what I'm expecting.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
Well I've still been playing with Lucario since 2.1 and he still has great potential to be top tier, just now with the balancing though other characters aren't going to have as hard as a time with him as they used to.

iLink

Smash Champion
I think first hit of dair > side-b might work. I imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to work into early% combos. Still, let's face it, the days of ending every other combo with an epic FP spike are pretty much over. If anyone can prove me wrong on that, please do, but that's what I'm expecting.
You can still combo into the FP spike by other means. If you land a dash attack or dtilt near the ledge, you can ASC and jump up and grab them.

Doing it after an aerial is going to be like his jab jab > sideb in brawl. It might work out for you at first, but once people know its a thing, they will avoid it every time.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Him and I live together, but we don't have any footage. That's why you need to be in the future to watch the videos on YouTube. He's thinking about quitting lucario for Pit though. Since for some reason they decided to get rid of most of his cool combo strings. The Nerf to uthrow to bair is ridiculous when there are so many just straight up kill throws

But what do I know. I'm just a lil charizard/rob main
:phone:

iLink

Smash Champion
Did they even change uthrow? It seems almost exactly the same to me.

Gamester

Smash Rookie
I just recently got P:M like 4-5 days ago. But Lucario definitely has top tier potential I don't think even the nerfs you mention will play that big of an effect since it hasn't changed the core of the character. FP spikes are really awesome but you can still get them pretty easily if you super cancel up or down b depending on the scenario. I think being able to carry 3 supers might be a bit better though and that down-b needs a slightly faster start-up. Overall though Lucario is ridiculously good.

iLink

Smash Champion
Probably eventually. They were too busy putting the finishing touches on 2.5 to meet the deadline that they didn't get the chance to put together a changelist.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I just recently got P:M like 4-5 days ago. But Lucario definitely has top tier potential I don't think even the nerfs you mention will play that big of an effect since it hasn't changed the core of the character. FP spikes are really awesome but you can still get them pretty easily if you super cancel up or down b depending on the scenario. I think being able to carry 3 supers might be a bit better though and that down-b needs a slightly faster start-up. Overall though Lucario is ridiculously good.
Lucarios trash now. The down b nerf completely crippled his movement. Idk what heart of the cards **** youre on about, but lucario aint worth playin anymore.

iLink

Smash Champion
Tempted to make an Eggzageration joke.

Anywho

Although I do believe his downb was neutered a little too hard to the point where it lost most of its utility, that alone isn't going to make him unviable.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Hes still viable, hes just boring. You guys clearly werent using it for air chains if you arent salty about the nerf

iLink

Smash Champion
I was definitely using it for follow ups in air chains, and you are right that it completely doesn't work for that anymore. The best you can do with it is just put yourself near the opponent now.

But speaking of air chains, I'm almost sure his fair hits at a higher angle now so its easier to follow it up after an ASC. Either that or people are DI'ing really bad against me all of a sudden.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario was already boring. "let's take a multidimensional character and make him only do one thing really gimmicky". thankfully ganon got put on steroids so I actually can play this game.

Top Bottom