• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Gimping Game- STARTING WITH SNAKE!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Would it be possible to make a gimp section for each character? Because some of these tactics will work, and some won't, against certain characters.

ps you left off motherboys...easiest gimps ever!
Lucas will NEVER be gimped, and Ness is actually really **** hard to gimp for Lucario.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucas is hard, Ness is easier, but people need to get off the "jump into the thunder" deal, it only works if you're right there, which means you somehow got past his jump -> fair prior.
Ness is hard if you don't know what you're doing, and even then, he's okay at getting back against Lucario.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Kita's right. Lucas recovery is so large its ridiculous. you would think Sakurai made 2/4 of his specials as recovery moves without helpless mode on purpose lol. once a lucas sees your going to gimp, he just zooms away under the stage.

F1ZZ leave out MK in your discussions. no way in hell is he going to get gimped by any means EVER.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There's only two ways MK could possibly be gimped, and both are if he screws up:
-Hit by AS
-Hit by bair, which if he's zoning properly with dair, neither of these will happen.

Rayku

Smash Lord
There's only two ways MK could possibly be gimped, and both are if he screws up:
-Hit by AS
-Hit by bair, which if he's zoning properly with dair, neither of these will happen.
Don't forget that if you're ridiculous, you can D-air him out of his shuttle loop while he's recovering from below, and it will stage spike him.

Also, even if he's "unable to be gimped," he still needs a section if there is to be a discussion. That's like not including him in a matchup ratio (assuming that's the format we're going for)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay so I say we vote for who we want to discuss first. Also if no one volunteers to do the exports I will probably do them, even though I have no idea how to even do one. (Yes, this is scrubish of me :))

I'll probably just ask Phil for help.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay I will do this, starting with Snake. (There is NO hope in gimping MK)

EDIT: Snake discussion begins.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Unless you are sure that bair/AS will kill him from his cypher, I suggest that if you really want to, just fair him a few times the first second where he can't do anything, then wait for what he does, if he nairs/ADs, AS if you have one handy or fair afterwards to reset the situation.
Footstool him when he C4s, it's difficult, but I've seen people able to do it consistently.
If he recovers high, keep an eye out for incoming projectiles, and uair/nair him to reset the situation, I can't stress enough the importance of baiting the AD, if he gets it, he pretty much gets to go to the ground again.

Rayku

Smash Lord
The best way to try and gimp Snake is to keep him in the air. It's not necessarily a gimp, but it's the only way to rack up damage without him being able to avoid it.
What I mean by this is when Snake is recovering high from his Cypher, learn to time your Aura Sphere properly so that he can't avoid it at all as he is attempting to land. (Aura Sphere is a slow moving projectile, which makes it so good).

If you're at high aura, and he is at high percents, shoot an aura sphere at his recovering self and force his airdodge, then punish with a N-air.

I played a Snake recently on Final Destination and somehow my D-air hit him out of his Cypher and stole his jump and upB. It could have just been him getting out of the Cypher due to fear, but...I really couldn't say.

Footstooling Snake out of his C4 recovery is a universal method of gimping Snake, so....I suppose that should be added to any form of discussion.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Like I said though, if you really want to add more damage, don't bair or AS him... yet. Get in a fair or two while he's flying up, then if you feel you can kill him or if you really want to get that last good amount of damage, hit him with AS (or bair depending on where you're facing).

Zeratulfenix

Smash Rookie
Just because nobody else said it, he can be grabbed or smashed out of the cypher. You wont get a chance on higher levels, but eh, itll come in handy that one time.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
If you miss the chance to edge guard snake, and he flies all the way up, use rising Up-air, he will probably air dodge your up-air, then use falling N-air, N-air should hit him when his airdodge ends.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay I think the Snake discussion is done. Does anyone want to make the export and voting for the next MU begins in...... 3,2,1, NOW!

-Ran

Smash Master
Against Snake, if you can get him on the edge you're gold. His options are amazingly bad there, which is why almost all Snake's recover High and on to the stage, but against a character such as Lucario who isn't known for killing via a gimp, you can at least set up a damage rack up scenario
-If he jumps from the edge, you can fair/nair him back to reset the situation, or to force a cypher.
-If he rolls, you can fair, nair, dair, f-smash, or really anything. Just make sure to send him back off the stage quickly.
-If he attacks, you power shield and knock him off again. Notice a pattern? =p
-If he does nothing, you wait. [Maybe a B reversal short charge of your Aura sphere to bait a movement.]

Your best chance of gimping Snake is early in a match when he's at a low percent. You need to be able to juggle him to where you can bait him into a jump. From there, don't let him touch the ground. [Fair seems to be great at this.] You'll have to use your bair/nair/dair off stage to knock him out of the cypher, but eventually he's going to continue to keep recovering lower, and lower. Allow him to think the edge is safe, and then start the damage cycle noted above, if you are unable to cypher gimp him.

If for whatever reason he has been forced to C4 recovery, you have the following options:
-Jump on him if you predict it and take the C4 away.
-Aura Sphere him if you have one charged.
-Jump off the stage towards the edge, and footstool his attempt to tech the stage.

You will most likely NOT kill a Snake, but you will be able to create a great damage mounting situation which can completely change the ebb and flow of the match. This is all going from matches against Lee Martin.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
if snake is dumb enough to use his upB next to the edge(thought sometimes they have no choice) punish that by grabbing him near the top of it. you will grab him and the cypher will keep going and hit you, snake will release and plummet downwards instead of a jump release and he wont be able to C4 in time before dying

Top Bottom