• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If nobody brings a gamepad with their Wii U to a tourney and you don't bring your own setup, you're practically screwed. Try to move to something more acceptable.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I can't think of why they'd ban the 3DS as a controller, but I also can't think of why you'd want to use it.
3ds isn't that bad. Excepting the fact that sometimes it doesn't connect to wiiu very well and gives you crazy input lag, I'd use that probably if there were no GameCube adapters

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
That's coolio and looks like there were quite a few entrants ^^ Speaking of tourneys, I'll be partaking in my first tourney here in a couple weeks. It's a wifi tourney and it's looking to be a bit small (currently has less than 30 entrants) but I'm still nervcited x3
The numbers were amazing for a local, all the current PR players were there expect for two

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Ahh ya think? :/
It's always been a fear in the back of my mind, but it's difficult to make the switch.

Yeah i'll invest in a pro I guess as a back up. I hear the triggers are pretty responsive.
I'm still holding out to be able to commission someone with the talent to make a replica for the gamecube adapter one day though. guuuh. If anyone hears about someone ridiculous enough to do that, please give me a heads up.
Pro Controller is top-tier bae

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I can't think of why they'd ban the 3DS as a controller, but I also can't think of why you'd want to use it.
I've seen a few people use it before, but I couldn't imagine myself using it. The layouts too small for precise movement imo. :X

If nobody brings a gamepad with their Wii U to a tourney and you don't bring your own setup, you're practically screwed. Try to move to something more acceptable.
I've actually had this happen before. I make sure not to cause trouble by disconnecting my wii u pad after every match so i'm not interrupting anyone elses game. It's a *****, and using it comes with a lot of extra set up, but really it's only tourney functionality problem is not being able to use 2. Only reason I can use it for when i'm out of state in places it's banned is because I mention i'll be the one to default to a different controller if a situation like that arises. And it has. = w=;

It's really upsetting how badly designed this thing is tbh. but yeah, i'll have to switch eventually. Probs the day it screws me.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Geez, it wouldn't be so bad, but no, you're BOTH premium with blue names.

At least your post backgrounds are different.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Ah, too bad.
I wish we had those kind of events over here, the only "famous" thing we have currently is held by Nintendo and has the same rules as the Smash Bros Invitational, and the 1v1 tourneys are called "side events" so it kinda sucks.
And it goes from July to November, they sure like to take their time.

Stupid question, how do I quote someone ?
Belated welcome to another drawcario.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

Hey, so anyone have any anti-Rosalina tactics?

I've been contemplating how to beat a rosa that sent me to losers bracket last time I fought. Fought this dude fine the last time when he was a ZSS and Luigi, but sense he's picked up Rosa I can see it giving me trouble again. My first mistake was not bringing piercing aurasphere with me, so i'll be doing that and hoping I get some good mileage from it.

but yeah. I feel like i'm fighting a ****ing wall when I go up against her. Except this wall happens to be able to juggle floaty characters for days. My b-reverses are already the ****, but I just feel like I get put into frame trap hell more then half the time I'm trying to land.

Last time I fought I believe just flat out going to the edge, or up-bing from odd angles while she was trying to juggle worked the best to reset the neutral but yeah. If there's any hidden tech against her, please, hit me with absolutely everything dudes.

In your heart I'm that really bad aussiecario <3
Not even that, because that's implying you"re bad. B) Hush hush, you the man homes. = w=

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977

I've been contemplating how to beat a rosa that sent me to losers bracket last time I fought. Fought this dude fine the last time when he was a ZSS and Luigi, but sense he's picked up Rosa I can see it giving me trouble again. My first mistake was not bringing piercing aurasphere with me, so i'll be doing that and hoping I get some good mileage from it.

but yeah. I feel like i'm fighting a ****ing wall when I go up against her. Except this wall happens to be able to juggle floaty characters for days. My b-reverses are already the ****, but I just feel like I get put into frame trap hell more then half the time I'm trying to land.

Last time I fought I believe just flat out going to the edge, or up-bing from odd angles while she was trying to juggle worked the best to reset the neutral but yeah. If there's any hidden tech against her, please, hit me with absolutely everything dudes.
When Rosalina Up-B's to the ledge, dair. Luma will get hit and stage-spiked nearly 100% of the time, making the ledge a lot less safer for Rosa with her Up-B also being really interceptable.

Also if you can space well, Luma does a great job at extending the hitbox of Fsmash or Dsmash.

ASC => Bair works really well on Rosalina at high Aura because of her floatiness, large hurtbox, and very light weight

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Lucario dittos are super fun (except if it is your Cario playing in tournament).

I kinda wish Lucario was top tier because GF Lucario dittos are interesting to watch.

I need to study what we can get away with for JCU punishes. I also need to study Shield DI more...

Anyone know offhand if we duck below any grabs while charging USmash?

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Most Lucario dittos I have are against For Glory scrubs and they're no fun :c I did play a guy the other day though that was pretty good. We both had fun =P

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The ditto is pretty silly.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
I was screwing around in For Glory and fought the cockiest and most trash-talking-est little twerp ever. He only won our first one (I was Falcon, whom I'm bad with =P I like using him when I'm goofing off), after which he changed his name to "U-Suck 8==D" I had already switched to Little Mac for more kicks and giggles but I decided if he stuck around I'd whip out Luky and have some fun. I managed to (barely) win as Mac and he changed his name to "Git Gud". I figure he was probably sore from losing to Mac. Whether or not that was the case, I changed my name to "Karma, son" I then changed it to "Lol Umad?" Decided to trash talk him right back =P

It was show time now; I switched to Lucario and rekt his sorry little butt 12 ways through the month of May for the following two matches (I never once got KO'd in either round). I was squatting/un-squatting all over the place, throwing out taunts, and dash dancing every time I knocked him off the screen. He was Dedede and tried to DDD-cide me (I don't remember if that's the proper name for it or what), but I managed to break free and land completely back on stage before he even died. After this round I changed my name to "haha xD", "GIT GUD", and "Try harder".

It was obvious he was getting mad, the trash talk had stopped and in the next match his insanely aggressive and predictable Jigglypuff play just made it more evident (he STILL didn't land a single KO on me). He managed to get me with Jiggs' lullaby move, but even that wasn't enough. I woke up in time and spot-dodged the rest attempt and began squatting/un-squatting again. Continued to lay down the smackdown until I read his roll and let out a side smash, killing him. Of course I taunted when this happened =P

Back on the CSS he hadn't even bothered to change his name; he was already set for another round, but I had had my fun. Changed my name to "Pathetic" "Git Gud" "Keep trying" and then left. Should've changed my name to "Saved replay" and "See ya ;)" as well for extra salt rubbing, but I was almost out of time so I just went ahead and left. I was feeling SO good after those rounds x3

Not only is Lucario the master of Aura, he's apparently the master of putting insecure pre-adolescents in their place :3

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709

Not even that, because that's implying you"re bad. B) Hush hush, you the man homes. = w=
I happen to be a Rosa main who plays a lot of the matchup because my brother is a Lucario main (that's actually why I hang around here instead of my own character boards), so I can help you a bit.

One tool Lucario has that's a pain in the MU is Force Palm. Force Palm is a good spacing tool and can stun/seperate/launch Luma even if Rosa shields it (unless it's a powershield). Rosalina can't actually GP the flame, so she doesn't really have much options other than to approach since you can deal chip damage or launch Luma with it. One thing you could do is hit her at a distance with Aura Spheres to bait a GP so you can punish with Force Palm. Force Palm definitely punishes her hard in the neutral if your Aura has it powerful enough to kill Luma.

Other things you should look out for are her universal weaknesses. If you can bait a spotdodge, you can hit Luma with a F-Smash or Bair and the hitbox will extend so you'll still be able hit Rosa once her invincibility frames are over. If Rosalina is hanging out on the ledge, you can still drop down and kill Luma with something because he doesn't get ledge invincibility. Count when Luma is going to respawn and you can setup some cheap spawn kills right when he reappears. Most of the time, you want to go after Luma instead of Rosa. Be very aggressive on him and force your opponent to play it safe.

Some other things to know:

Practice combos on Luma and look for infinite combos you can pull out and your best Luma kill options. I know ASC is a good option to stun Luma infinitely.

If you want to kill Rosa with an Aura Sphere; aim for her head so Luma can't meatshield it. It doesn't need much presicion because she's pretty tall.

Double Team can be used to safely destroy Luma without the fear of being punished. Extreme Speed is also pretty good to destroy Luma when you end up landing it.

Anyway, that's all the advice I can think of atm. The rest of the strategy is pretty much self-explanitory. I hope that this was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'm willing to expose her secrets if it'll help Lucario succeed.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who have a 3ds, what Smash run setups do you generally find to be the best?

I've grown pretty attached to having Tradeoff Attacker and Speed on all of my sets, and I pretty much exclusively stick to Ride the Wind for Up-B. Piercing AS seems to be the most useful for sone of the defeat enemy challenges.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
I think I'm beginning to hate Falcon more than Rosalina. Even though Rosalina is always a try hard match, Falcon is just try hard match plus now I gotta guess every single time he dashes.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Falcon is not a fun matchup.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
I wish his dash attack had a normal hitbox or that his Bair wasn't so powerful and safe at the same time.

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Any time I fight Falcon I just move very slow and let them do their "lol I'm so fast and tryhard show me your moves" thing. Usually works pretty well for me =P It's the ones that are patient that give me the most trouble, funnily enough x3

Ravenel

Smash Rookie
Hey, thought I'd introduce myself on the social discussions here.
Another Aussiecario, though I'm fairly new to it. 3ds Smash is the first time I've properly tried to learn how to play comptetitively (i.e. learning movesets, practicing, etc.) so I'm not great yet (and nowhere near ready for tournaments :p ).

Buuuuuut yeah... hi.

Top Bottom