• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario offline > Lucario online

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
ITT we talk about how awesome Lucario's attack sound when they make that epic "DOOOOOSH" when they **** your opponent.

It just makes me cream my pants sometimes.

oh and lucario in lag is fail :(

Timbers

check me out
I never understood why people act like their character is just terrible in lag.

Lag is terrible, not the character in lag.

Browny

Smash Hater
Ness is terrible in lag

Wolf is god tier

there are differences, but its pretty much only limited to being better, being worse is only reserved for ness/lucas recovery lol

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Well, I don't get lag often. Despite the complaints I've heard, for me, it's as if I'm in the same room most of the time. Other times, the lag is barely noticeable, and then there are VERY RARE times that it's soooooo sloooooww. Happened like once or twice. I normally set items to none in with anyone Brawls, but there are always usually items. You gotta imagine how annoying it is to opponents when you grab one of those clocks in noticeable lag ^_^

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Ness is terrible in lag

Wolf is god tier

there are differences, but its pretty much only limited to being better, being worse is only reserved for ness/lucas recovery lol
Marth is also pretty horrible in lag. Ike is actually pretty good in lag tho, on top of wolf. Yeah, Ness is also pretty awful, I'm almost tempted to spam PKT2 because I know I will never be able to use it very well for recovery online.

Timbers

check me out
Wolf is god tier
Actually not really. It's very hard to ff bair shorter characters with Wolf, because if you input the bair and latency gets you, bair hitbox doesn't come out and you get punished. Timing reflector counters is difficult and sideB's mechanics can **** you up pretty good. Laser of course is much better as well as dsmash but you're pretty much still having to sacrifice a viable playstyle to succeed in wifi with Wolf.

No character is good on wifi. Luc has potential to be just as gay as anyone if you decide to AS, dair, and fsmash all day. A tactic like that would never work offline but you can bet your *** it'll be amazing on wifi.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Actually not really. It's very hard to ff bair shorter characters with Wolf, because if you input the bair and latency gets you, bair hitbox doesn't come out and you get punished. Timing reflector counters is difficult and sideB's mechanics can **** you up pretty good. Laser of course is much better as well as dsmash but you're pretty much still having to sacrifice a viable playstyle to succeed in wifi with Wolf.

No character is good on wifi. Luc has potential to be just as gay as anyone if you decide to AS, dair, and fsmash all day. A tactic like that would never work offline but you can bet your *** it'll be amazing on wifi.
Brrrr <3:D

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I get bad lag, I whip out Ike.

I only occasionally use Lucario online, now.

IF ONLY I COULD TRAVEL AND STOP PLAYING ONLINE ALTOGETHER. ;_;

Raiken

Smash Cadet
I generally don't play online for competitive matches like at all anymore.

End up screwing up angling my recovery right or using QAC wrong with pikachu >_>'

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
I generally don't play online for competitive matches like at all anymore.

End up screwing up angling my recovery right or using QAC wrong with pikachu >_>'
I hear you about that. But it sucks since the only way I can play with anyone new is online.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Lucario seems to do better online because his AS is harder to powershield. Offline, it is harder to land hits with AS.
Another point, playing online gives you better match up experience. It's good to play online every once in a while when you don't have anybody else to play with you for a while offline. So, if your not regularly attending in person smashfests or tournaments, online is the next best thing.

Online is also great if your training a new main or secondary character.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucario seems to do better online because his AS is harder to powershield. Offline, it is harder to land hits with AS.
Another point, playing online gives you better match up experience. It's good to play online every once in a while when you don't have anybody else to play with you for a while offline. So, if your not regularly attending in person smashfests or tournaments, online is the next best thing.

You don't want to train a marth online, TRUST ME. You need practicing for critical spacing that online will distort it.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I play 90% of my matches against other competitive smashers online (this will change when I learn 2 drive!:mad::laugh:), and Lucario doesn't seem too bothered by lag. He doesn't seem to care about it, whereas Shiek is a lot more bothered, and Marth even more so than Shiek. Kinda fox too =/.

So among my current list of mains/secondaries, Lucario has the least trouble in lag. Maybe that's just because I use combo/aerial oriented characters and those generally feel lag the worst. Lucario's floatyness probably helps him.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman

You're that same guy who posted the fail CP list. :|

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Online is different from offline. You can't play your character the same way in lag...you just can't. At least i can't anyways. I hate Lucario in lag but he's actually pretty good. Roll and Fsmash are even harder to punish and it's hard to get around aura sphere in lag. Again, i hate lucario in lag lol

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Hmm... maybe Verizon FIOS has something to do with my... blessing?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Well, besides the ever constant calls to Verizon about how it's not working, my connection seems to be the best so far. But recently we don't have to call for maintenance. BTW online doesn't help either way because it's mostly free for alls.

Top Bottom