• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Ledge Bending?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Very interesting read, might substantially increase lucario's chances of living...
Now if only there was a way to move significantly/reduce startup lag on the start of Extreme Speed.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
We need more information. Was he in the normal "bouncing" animation during his flight? Was he in freefall? Did he continue with his Extremespeed as normal? What angle did he fly at? Where was he when he started the ExtremeSpeed? What angle did he fly at? How did he curve it? Where was the impact with the ledge? What angle did it impact the ledge at(possibly told by the shockwave)? Did the edgehogger still have invincibility? As of now, we know pretty much nothing other than that he smacked into the ledge and it glitched. We need either more information, or a video. As of now we can make absolutely no conclusions nor apply this to anything. <<

Also, Phil, your avatar on AiB is obscene and disgusting. Change it plz.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Not what I expected when I read this.
Same Q's as Kita, just not as rushed.
-t2

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Isnt this sounding like extreme bounce? except with a bigger effect and it hit the ledge instead of the floor?

TJR!0

Smash Rookie
i still done know how to do it but i now have a2 repplays of me doing it(on a non-moving object :T)...thing is..i dont hav a camera to upload..if sum1 can ofter 2 upload it illsend them the replays...

iLink

Smash Champion
I've had this happen to me to a lesser degree. I was recovering when they decided to edgehog me, I tried to curve the up-b over the top at the last second and ended up sort of bouncing on the tip of the ledge and stumbled over onto the stage with no lag.

I figured there isn't really a way to do this consistently.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Isnt this sounding like extreme bounce? except with a bigger effect and it hit the ledge instead of the floor?
ExtremeBounce, hmm....
How about ExtremeSmack?
ExtremeSlam?
ExtremeZip?
ExtremeSMAAAAAAAAAAAAASH?
ExtremeRocket?
ExtremeShuttle?

I like the sound of ExtremeShuttle, personally. It's got that ring to it, and if this works like it sounds, it could be a free shuttle ride to center-stage. We'll probably have to see the video before we can get a good ExtremeName for it.

I really hope he didn't think this wrong and didn't just call the regular bounce a new discovery.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Very interesting read, might substantially increase lucario's chances of living...
Now if only there was a way to move significantly/reduce startup lag on the start of Extreme Speed.
We need more information. Was he in the normal "bouncing" animation during his flight? Was he in freefall? Did he continue with his Extremespeed as normal? What angle did he fly at? Where was he when he started the ExtremeSpeed? What angle did he fly at? How did he curve it? Where was the impact with the ledge? What angle did it impact the ledge at(possibly told by the shockwave)? Did the edgehogger still have invincibility? As of now, we know pretty much nothing other than that he smacked into the ledge and it glitched. We need either more information, or a video. As of now we can make absolutely no conclusions nor apply this to anything. <<

Also, Phil, your avatar on AiB is obscene and disgusting. Change it plz.
I saw this on AiB and I thought I'd post it here and ask about it.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=37683

Think there's anything to this at all?

It's Known, and I know exactly what he is talking about, but I assumed people knew about it already. If not, I can prob make a vid on it if you all want me to? It is also not situational, it and its very useful if people know how to do it properly.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
See, the problem is I'm not entirely sure if this is talking about the Extreme-cancel that Jeepy found awhile ago, but it sounds like if you go across the stage halfway, it's something else.

TJR!0

Smash Rookie
phil ill send u the replay if u want

(even tho 1st i gotta find a way 2 send replays w/o it sayn "wiiconnect24 isnt connected" or sumthin like that )

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
It's Known, and I know exactly what he is talking about, but I assumed people knew about it already. If not, I can prob make a vid on it if you all want me to? It is also not situational, it and its very useful if people know how to do it properly.
o_O If its known how come everyone is acting like its new?

extreme shuttle sounds cool, but i like zip better.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I definitely didn't know about this so I'm curious to know how it works.

In addition I like Extremeshuttle... kinda puts us on a level with MK. :laugh:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Not... exactly.
We still have to deal with the stupid startup lag of the move, which characters like DDD and MK can exploit handily, but still a vast improvement.
phil ill send u the replay if u want

(even tho 1st i gotta find a way 2 send replays w/o it sayn "wiiconnect24 isnt connected" or sumthin like that )
Cool, so where can I download it?

iRJi

Smash Champion
o_O If its known how come everyone is acting like its new?

extreme shuttle sounds cool, but i like zip better.
I also said I assumed people knew about it lol. I would have made the video already, but pierce has my copy of brawl. I am going over to get it to day as well as play in the crew meet. I'll see if I can get some vids up of them by tomorrow or something. If not, I will have them as soon as possible.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
It sounds like you have to Curve ES upward, then diagonally up, then you bounce, then DI back to the stage. If its not that you probably have to curve ES a special sort of way and at the right time to have an upwards momentum boost.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I tired to recreate the situation today, and was unsuccessful. LOL. Ill try again tomorrow.

Top Bottom