• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario - 1.0.6/1.0.3 Patch Notes

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Just thought it would be a good idea to create a thread to speculate the changes he recieves in the upcoming patch and see what changes other people want to see.
This could might as well be a thread to list the changes he recieves.
Here are some changes I think would give him huge benefits

+ Jab now links properly together and the first two hits have fixed Knockback and can Jab Cancel
+ Increased damage output on his moves nerfed in the damage section (A slight increase to DA, FThrow, BThrow and DThrow)
+ - Better neutral game, but a slight nerf to Aura
+ Reduced BKB on Fair so he can be a combo monster again
+ Faster Smash Attacks
+ Bigger hitboxes on aerials
+ Knockback on FThrow, BThrow, Nair and Dair akin to Brawl

The title of the thread will be changed when the patch is released, so the changes can be discussed

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Honestly the only buff I'd like to patch for Lucario is to have a reliable hit-box behind NAir, for now.

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Yeah I honestly don't think they will change lucario at all, I only expect a few nerfs to top tier characters

And as always, nerf Greninja

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
They should probably fix his FTilt, so the second hit doesn't whiff at random times

Last edited:

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to be pessimistic but I think they will nerf the aura considerably and no buffs to compensate.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
I don't want to be pessimistic but I think they will nerf the aura considerably and no buffs to compensate.
His Aura is basically the only thing he have left, because of massive changes from Brawl to Sm4sh.
I will be p****d if that happens

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I just Lucario stays the same imho. I like him how he is now.

Plus these balance patches are ****ing stupid to begin with and just leads to self-entitled 12 year olds ranting about "OP" characters that need to be nerfed.

Steam

Smash Hero
And still after all the nerfs irelia is still gamebreaking overpowered and there's almost no reason to pick any other bruiser over her in top lane.

maybe they should just delete her.

Rikkhan

Smash Apprentice
@ DomBadZZZ DomBadZZZ she is character in the game "League of Leguend" on release she was extremely broken every single patch she recived nerf over nerf over nerf until he was barely a viable character, very similar to greninja situation.

And still after all the nerfs irelia is still gamebreaking overpowered and there's almost no reason to pick any other bruiser over her in top lane.

maybe they should just delete her.
well irelia has going back and forth between broken to useless, still you are right most of the time she has been strong.

Last edited:

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
I just Lucario stays the same imho. I like him how he is now.

Plus these balance patches are ****ing stupid to begin with and just leads to self-entitled 12 year olds ranting about "OP" characters that need to be nerfed.
That's not a very fair attitude, and based on a strawman argument to begin with. The game has legitimate character discrepancies that invalidate half the cast, just like any Smash Bros., and now there's a chance to fix it to some extent.

I wish they would speed up Lucario and notably nerf Aura, but I don't see any character reworks like that happening.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I am concerned about Lucario's fate in the upcoming patch. People complain and complain about how "OP" he is, and I'm worried that the balancing team will take notice of this. I think most of you Lucario mains can agree that Lucario's really not all that incredible; I feel like his grab game and aura are the only thing that keeps him viable.

On the bright side, I don't really see them messing with his aura mechanic much.
Sakurai said he cares about making characters unique more then making them balanced, and that can only be good news for our aura jackal.
I wouldn't be surprised if individual moves were still nerfed, however.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
  • I would love to see Jab Cancel, but if it is handled poorly... We will get more guaranteed kills around 100%.
  • I really want NAir range to match visuals and DAir hits 1 and 2 to connect.
  • If his ground and air speed were buffed a bit too that would be amazing.
  • If they made Extreme Speed brain damage SDs decrease too... Loved the way it was prepatch on the 3DS.
  • Aura Sphere cool down needs decreasing. Totally not because Kami always punishes me for it.
  • Random hit boxes on Lucario's paw and chest spikes would be hilarious.
One can dream, right?

Per usual we should cross check Aura percents with the Aura chart when the new patch comes out.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
I also think we can test if his moves moves got buffed or nerfed
At 0% and at Max Aura

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'd definitely be in favor of buffing 0% Lucario. Sometimes I care less about getting hit in the beginning because I want 30 - 50% before I do decent damage.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
He could get the Shulk treatment back in Patch 1.0.4. That would make him rack up damage a bit faster
Most of Shulk's attacks were buffed 1-2%

Last edited:

Scardonian

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scardonian
Honestly, I'd just want to see him sped up with his aura slightly toned down.

But I think I miss his awesome, disjointed/lingering hitboxes from Brawl

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
His hitboxes were shrunk because they were very large disjointed transcendent hitboxes.

Guess who else had that in Brawl?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
he nerfed Zard's Dragon Rush custom last patch.
I pretty sure it was just nerfed in 1.0.4 to make it match up with the Wii U version.
Sakurai has since said that he doesn't want to balance customs because "there will be no end to it", and because he things using potentially broken moves is part of the fun of it.

I guess there's always the chance of him changing his mind like he's said many times before, but it sounds like his focus is just going to be the default stuff. There's a reason customs aren't allowed in For Fun/For Glory, and I think that's because Sakurai never intended for them to be entirely fair.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
If Lucario gets his aura nerfed and has no compensation, which I'm scared might happen, I will be pretty sad. It is the thing that keeps him such a threat since his options are actually pretty slow and it's hard to get that early KO due to his lack of reliable options that can hit (without custom moves) well. Maybe I'm just playing Lucario wrong, but it really seems like default Lucario has hell actually getting an attack in.

I think Lucario should get reduced aura power in exchange for higher speed on his attacks like some people have already mentioned, it would really balance him out well and still give him his "double edged sword" kind of thing but not to the extreme. If no changes happen, however, I'll still be content. I just don't want Lucario to get needlessly nerfed and not compensated for it at all. :3

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They won't nerf Aura. It's Lucario's only gimmick and it is hardly game-breaking.

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
They will patch the custom upBs to have the same amount of landing lag as default.
That would be terrible, as it would remove the only minor reason to even not pick the obviously superior default ExtremeSpeed.

Ride the Wind is only slightly viable because it means recovering high isn't an instant death trap, while E-speed Attack is already pretty awful in terms of recovery, making it unable to land on stage either would cripple it.

But hey, nearly nobody's using those moves anyway.

I expect pretty minor changes to Lucario, if any.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If both of Lucario's Custom Up-B moves were to have the same landing lag that ES has, it'd mean that landing properly to avoid that horrendous endlag would be required all around, especially for Ride The Wind since it is easier to control & guide with. ESA having the same landing lag imo would be a larger nerf because it cannot be guided & bent, but then again I don't use it enough.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Idk if they would nerf his UpB range on his customs, each of those has a different drawback and can't recover from anywhere like the normal one can.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He said he wasn't going to do more balance patches as well
When did he say this? I may of missed that.
, or more DLC. Sakurai does as he feels, not as he says
He said he wasn't sure about doing more DLC, but he being was super-vague about it.

I'll admit he does have a habit of going back on what he says, but I feel like we tend to exaggerate that a bit.

User52

Smash Cadet
NNID
User52
When did he say this? I may of missed that.He said he wasn't sure about doing more DLC, but he being was super-vague about it.

I'll admit he does have a habit of going back on what he says, but I feel like we tend to exaggerate that a bit.
In a Famitsu article back in December, he said after 1.0.4 he had no plans to balance or update the game further. Also, Charizard has had his custom Side B changed, too.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
+ Jabs 2 and 3 dont like, randomly whiff because reasons

- "SMACK" sound when you hit an enemy gets removed :c

:006:

Top Bottom