• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock/Amarillo: Endangered species...

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'll take that as a forfeit and declare myself the victor.

you know my paypal, I expect payment by the end of the week.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I have to work that whole weekend. Possibly Hobo 34 though.

edit1: To all of Lubbock, I beat Nomad's :ganondorf: in a MM 2-0 but lost to Dakpo's :ganondorf: 0-2 in another MM. Therefore, I claim to be the best Ganon here in lubbock only.

edit2: Dakpo, I wonder when you'll become a BBR member. You've gotten high recognition, you've developed a unique ZSS playstyle and you're hella good with Ganon! (lol) It's bound to happen soon, and I'm sure it's crossed your mind as well.

edit3: Oh, and you should post replays from DMT if you are able to record/upload them. I like watching doubles sets, but if you have singles, I want to watch those too.

edit4: Tyson, are you any good at basketball? I'm sure you are b/c we could've used you in the street hoops crew battle at this last DMT man! :)

edit5: I'm going all out this halloween with a costume made after intense, endless stitching, countless measurements, fitted failures and numerous all-nighters. I'll upload pictures maybe soon.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Well, causing an upset would help me. To do that, I gotta start getting into my opponent's head. To do that, well idk... :(
1. Play a better character
2. Learn absolutely every possible thing you can about Yoshi if you refuse to change
3. Watch top Yoshi players, however analyze WHY they do what they do in the situations they are put in. Don't just be a spectator and watch the video for enjoyment. Analyze everything, see what works, what doesn't work
4.Start working on your mindset, i know you still go auto pilot a ton ( everyone does it)
5.Think about what you are doing for now on. No more of *throw out moves and hope for the best*

You could rise easily out of F-tier, there really is no reason you should place where you always do. You're way better than that.:)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
My strongest trait for winning is just being in a focused mindset, which again goes back to not being on autopilot. I can learn all the techs for Yoshi and use frame advantages when I can, but it will all be useless if I am not paying full attention to what I am doing while playing. I have had times where I'd two stock Phil or even beat Nolan's kirby with my snake, but then I lose focus or something. Call it overconfidence or anything else but it's all in my head. I'm still working on getting this fixed, once it is though, I guarantee I can get higher placings in tourneys. :)

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
i wanna join the brawl back room, just gotta find my way in
It's nothing special. The people back there are no different anyone else. I think all you would gain was more drama threads to read.:urg:

My strongest trait for winning is just being in a focused mindset, which again goes back to not being on autopilot. I can learn all the techs for Yoshi and use frame advantages when I can, but it will all be useless if I am not paying full attention to what I am doing while playing. I have had times where I'd two stock Phil or even beat Nolan's kirby with my snake, but then I lose focus or something. Call it overconfidence or anything else but it's all in my head. I'm still working on getting this fixed, once it is though, I guarantee I can get higher placings in tourneys. :)
Yeah, being focused will take you a long way. Just comes down to how bad you want it. There is no reason you can't do what other top Yoshi players have done/ are doing

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Bad habits are hard to break. Only you can prevent forest fires!

Guys, only a group like Lubbock can be called smash addicts when you play 9 hours of brawl!! 7pm to 4am!!!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Dakpo, got any prize ideas for DMT? I know a gamecube controller was menioned. Do we want to have gifts or just money? I wanted to pitch in for stuff like gift cards or like Nintendo T-shirts, etc. Could you see this prize list possibly happen?

1st ??? (USB Pen Tablet)
2nd Batman Arkham City (XBOX)
3rd $20 Best Buy gift card
4th Nintendo Coffee mug

^^On second thought, I'm thinking maybe we should just have Arkham City be 1st prize...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Ok, this seems more realistic:

1st $30 Best Buy gift card
2nd $20 Gamestop gift card
3rd $10 Target gift card
4th Nintendo coffee mug

Best Newcomer White GC Controller <--I think this one will have as much value as the 1st prize, but we are pitching in for all these.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Yeah, but what's the fun in that? It's money that's coming out of our pockets, might as well put it toward something rather than just give it away no? The thing with the gift cards is it will be used at specific places and since we know holiday shopping is around the corner, why not gift cards?

Top Bottom