• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock/Amarillo: Endangered species...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Dayuum Tyson, you probably made a wise decision yesterday, it was just upset after upset man!

First off, Jakob our newest smasher who's gotten really good lost a close match to this (cute) girl who had a decent wolf. Decent in the sense that she still rolls too much, and stales smash attacks. Then came Kyle's set against Colin. Kyle decided not to go MK this tourney, but still did and SD'd game 3 on RC.. :( He was in Loser's now. And it doesn't stop there! I get knocked into Loser's by Hero, a legit Link player, beat me 2-0 last game I tried instant grabbing the ledge and his up-B put me underneath the stage instead and I died. Nolan faced a far worse fate in Loser's (beaten by Kevin in Winners) with Colin's comeback CG on Delfino's walkoff, WITH 1 SECOND LEFT ON THE CLOCK!!! That set ended with Colin snagging game 3, he had too much momentum and Nolan was super upset! Kyle and I get knocked out of the tournament in Loser's almost immediately by Hero & Turdox, respectively. Hard upsets indeed...Kyle gets 9th out of 29 and Nolan gets upstaged by getting 5th out of 29 and Colin made it to 4th!!!!

Yep, I'll post the bracket up later today.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I work from 5-10pm Friday and Saturday from 11 to 4pm. Let me see if I can switch with someone on Friday so I have the afternoon/evening off then. But sure I'm down.

tekkie

Smash Master
are you guys doing anything big over the summer? i really want to bully NM into making it up there eventually, we're way overdue for that :glare:

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
are you guys doing anything big over the summer? i really want to bully NM into making it up there eventually, we're way overdue for that :glare:
You mean like next year? We usually plan tournaments a month in advance at most, but maybe we'll have something, who knows.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Tekkie, if you want us to try and do something big then i think we could make it happen! i want Dekar to come to us, as well as Denti, Type Ex, Chuck nasty, and infinity!

tekkie

Smash Master
Tekkie, if you want us to try and do something big then i think we could make it happen! i want Dekar to come to us, as well as Denti, Type Ex, Chuck nasty, and infinity!
you guys ever host large/OoS/regional kind of tournaments? it's a lot more likely that we could consider going to something larger like that. it's far away and i'm only speaking for myself but some others would probably be interested.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
New Mexico and Oklahoma are the closest neighboring states, we'll definitely look at organizing something for the summer. That should be the best time I think. Feedback?

NomadicAce

Smash Rookie
I will go back into retirement (for good) after the spring semester. Sorry I was not around to win my dollar back. Do not be too disappointed.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I will go back into retirement (for good) after the spring semester. Sorry I was not around to win my dollar back. Do not be too disappointed.
What are your plans after graduation? Sucks to lose a smasher, but I guess we all have to move on someday. Thanks for the heads up though man. Respect.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
i slapped it up in the NM thread i'll see what people think :)
How big is NM's brawl group? All of our region is about 15 players strong, plus a lot of randoms. Judging by our past tournaments, we are capable of reaching a decent sized crowd given the time and advertising for the event. Let me see what Dakpo and I can do to get something going. At least a date perhaps.

Dakpo, what more can you ask for? You're good at two things you enjoy doing as hobbies, now if you can only find a girlfriend to share your stories with. :troll:

Congrats though man!

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Props to Kevin for maining such a difficult character to learn. I'll try to practice some more with the ice grabbers but don't expect a frightening match up.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Thursday January 19th is when classes begin for us. Perhaps that weekend? 21st? Wait, you wanted for it to be during or before school starts?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Lubbock commemorates the italian plumber, farewell to the newly graduated Mario main Andre! Congrats Andre, and thank you for being part of the smash scene! Good luck in your new ventures!

Top Bottom