• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You have a DA?
I do, but the few Ridley stuff I had in there alongside with a lot more (MLP, Pokemon and AC/Rayman related), I put it into storage because of a problem from last year with people that harrassed me there (plus wanting to limit my content to just friends), so, it is almost empty. I came across yours too!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd like that, but (and this might be heresy) I'm not sure Ridley's special enough to justify 16 colors.
I'd love to see Golden Ridley though.
I dunno, I feel like his status as one of the most requested characters in Smash history could be enough for him to justify that.
I don't want to sound like I'm boasting, but I feel that's a pretty big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I do, but the few Ridley stuff I had in there alongside with a lot more (MLP, Pokemon and AC/Rayman related), I put it into storage because of a problem from last year with people that harrassed me there (plus wanting to limit my content to just friends), so, it is almost empty. I came across yours too!
That's a shame.
Glad to hear you found my stuff though, even though I do mostly anime trash stuff now.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Question, what Ridley of these 2 is a better Ridley:

I kind of want them to pull a Fake Ridley/Real Ridley switcheroo in a Metroid game using that as a standin.
Kirby recently made concept art into a final boss, so why not.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

That Captain N Ridley never stops giving me nightmares o-o

I mean, really, what were the producers smoking when they come up with this thing?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
People wanted Inkling as Smash U/3DS DLC if you remember. And given Nintendo's glut of 3DS ports, it could've been a Splatoon 1 3DS port. But no, it was Smash. But I suppose you have a point. No one really seems to give a damn about the Inklings being in Smash despite everyone wanting them :s
Not saying people don't give a damn. Just that it was nearly a guarantee.

And that the announcement of Smash itself always supersedes any individual character.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That concept art makes him look like he's been stitched together, which is unnecessarily creepy.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97

Metroid concept art. At least that one is a little more accurate to the game than that...other thing...

That Captain N Ridley never stops giving me nightmares o-o

I mean, really, what were the producers smoking when they come up with this thing?
Don't tell me they actually made Ridley bigger than Kraid...

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd use this color scheme all the time if they put this into the game, Ridley looks good in icy blue.
It looks amazing, but I am too in love with the Waluigi Purple to be completely honest. If I am attached to base colors, it is hard for me to use alternative colors. There are only a couple characters in which that is the case. Ridley is one of them, I guess. Because, realistically, that blue looks better.

D

Deleted member

I'll take the ugly concept art Mr. over generic cartoon dragon that's somehow supposed to resemble Ridley anyday.
I do think there should be a palette swap that references that though.

D

Deleted member

I don't think I would eat anything claiming to have an "ancient taste".

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Both of those abominations were before he got his draconic staple appearance from 1994 and onward, but the Metroid I concept art doesn’t look too bad I guess in the sense of how it’s supposed to mostly resemble a Xenomorph.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I was reading the first page to see the written up description of useful info, so that I could get a good frame of reference as to what a character speculation thread needs (I'm thinking of opening creating one myself). Just FYI, the first page still says Ridley as yet to make an appearance as a final boss of a Metroid ggame, even though later on down it mentions Proteus Ridley as the final boss of Samus Returns.

Also, we could add Proteus Ridley under the list of Ridley's forms.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
someone give me some hope. i'm starting to doubt ridley will be in this game.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It's uncertain that Ridley will be playable , but Sakurai mentioned Ridley's possible inclusion in the past two games (and why he also couldn't be added in the roster), showing that he does care about the purple alien. After ten years, maybe he figured out how to make it happen.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
In Smash U, Ridley basically had a complete moveset. Look at how far he was taken compared to Metal Face, who basically has 3 things.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
While I wouldn't get my hopes up, I think he's the most likely in this game that he's ever been. He was finaly a final boss in a game that won best handheld at the game awards and Metroid prime 4 is coming out and is a big deal. It will be hard for Sakurai to justify not putting in a metroid newcomer this time and Ridley is very relavent at the moment. The only thing against him is that Sakurai said he wouldn't work but he said that about villager mega Man and pac man in brawl.
Edit: not to mention there's been a ton of Ridley promotional stuff lately.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Japan doesn't celebrate Easter (at least in a broad sense)
Yeah, I don't think they do. It also helps that Nintendo aren't usually active on Sundays, and even if they post something via social media on a Sunday, there's such a thing as scheduled tweets (for twitter, which is paid for) and scheduled posts (on various websites like Facebook). I don't think they'll do anything for tomorrow.

Morbi

Scavenger
Nah, keep it that way, you will be all the more surprised when he does appear. Regardless of whether you hope or not, the decision was already made. Just wait it out and see for yourself.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
After ten years and two rejections, best to not get your hopes up in the first place.
QFT

This is the best mindset to have.

In Smash U, Ridley basically had a complete moveset. Look at how far he was taken compared to Metal Face, who basically has 3 things.
I honestly believe that Ridley was selected as a playable character for Sm4sh, and for one reason or another that decision was changed.

Ridley has a complete moveset, right down to the edge grab. He has a character stock icon. He can even be KO’d the same way as a playable character. He was built from the ground up exactly like a playable. Even his render looks as if it was made smaller and then enlarged. I also think this is why he was teased with his shadow—they were still working on him as a playable—and that’s also why I think it was so late before he was revealed to be a boss (because his role changed during development). Eventually, Sakurai and his team felt that they couldn’t make him work to their liking, or they just liked how he worked as a stage hazard better, or for some reason the 3DS couldn’t handle him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
QFT

This is the best mindset to have.

I honestly believe that Ridley was selected as a playable character for Sm4sh, and for one reason or another that decision was changed.

Ridley has a complete moveset, right down to the edge grab. He has a character stock icon. He can even be KO’d the same way as a playable character. He was built from the ground up exactly like a playable. Even his render looks as if it was made smaller and then enlarged. I also think this is why he was teased with his shadow—they were still working on him as a playable—and that’s also why I think it was so late before he was revealed to be a boss (because his role changed during development). Eventually, Sakurai and his team felt that they couldn’t make him work to their liking, or they just liked how he worked as a stage hazard better, or for some reason the 3DS couldn’t handle him.
I agree with your sentiment, it makes too much sense. The way he handled that entire situation was blatantly counter-intuitive and this is one of the only explanations outside of "lmfao Sakurai iz da bes trol."

StormC

Smash Hero
Fans probably wouldn’t be happy that his playable debut was in his Other M form...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Never really thought of that, but that's pretty convincing...

He knows that Ridley's highly requested, and now he's had time to get him to work, and the 3ds won't cripple this version. Hope that it ends up going this time.

If he was in, though, I can't see him being unlocked from the beginning. Even though it would be loads of hype, we don't usually get trailers for unlockables until after release - at which point people would already know. The only unlockables we've gotten spoiled before release were 3rd parties.

I really don't know whether to expect a Riddles trailer at E3.

Top Bottom