• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm sure this has already been covered, but do we have any ideas on which version of Samus could be lurking in the shadows?

View attachment 138252

At first I thought it could be the Samus Returns version, but then I noticed that the shoulders appear to be almost perfectly rounded, which is not the case with the SR version as there are two edges jutting out on the sides of each shoulder. Then I thought it might be the Other M version once again, but I started questioning that idea too once I saw how far apart the shoulder pieces were from the head. The shoulders on the Other M version are always very close to the head, regardless of which position the arms are in.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I'm sure this has already been covered, but do we have any ideas on which version of Samus could be lurking in the shadows?

View attachment 138252

At first I thought it could be the Samus Returns version, but then I noticed that the shoulders appear to be almost perfectly rounded, which is not the case with the SR version as there are two edges jutting out on the sides of each shoulder. Then I thought it might be the Other M version once again, but I started questioning that idea too once I saw how far apart the shoulder pieces were from the head. The shoulders on the Other M version are always very close to the head, regardless of which position the arms are in.

Any ideas?
If I were to guess, I think none of these are actually models, or at the very least are placehder ones. The shoulders are definitely way too far apart to be the current Other M model, I wouldn't be surprised if all of this was just art. Looking closely it definitely seems like there are little spikes that stick out a little farther, but that could just be the lighting or jpeg artifacts making it look that way.

I think it's also notable many of Smash 4's builds were still using brawl assets such as the BPs and stock icons.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion

View attachment 138252

Any ideas?
Maybe is Metroid Prime 4 Samus?

Graizen

Smash Champion
E3 Trailer Prediction:

Charizard Appears lying in the way he likes to do, resting quietly when a smaller yellow Dinosaur walks past him.
Agumon is revealed!
He stumbles on Charizard's tail and ends up irritating him, and the two start to fight!
And then in the midst of their fight they hear a scary Dragon scream, and a shadow appears in the Sky!
Ridley is revealed!
And the three begin a huge fight between Dragons / Dinosaurs!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah NeoGaf's implosion was a pretty nasty affair. Wonder why ResetEra of all the attempted revival sites became the successor.

I'm not exactly buying these rumors as it's early days and people will say anything to get attention while the world is looking but I don't think it's impossible, in spite of everything.

I'd say Ridley has a major factor that he shares with only one other character:
A years long and hard fought hype train. Only other one I can think of that has that is Geno (and maybe Krystal) and Ridley doesn't have to contend with SE's lawyers.

At this point, Ridley's been denied so many times that him getting in would be the ultimate twist and ergo, the ultimate hype.

IronTed

Smash Ace
This.

ResetEra's not exactly a great place for rumours and speculation.

Isn't ResetEra supposed to be a successor to NeoGAF?

If I remember correctly, that place wasn't exactly kind to Ridley and his fans...
Resetera's mod team is definitely reliable, they even leaked the last two directs. If Emily, Nibel, and Jonneh are hinting this, then yeah, it is very legit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"I have nothing to do, might as well check the Ridley threa--"
Supposed Resetera guys are talking about Ridley in Smash 5

WHAT THE ****

I'm taking this with way more than a grain of salt, simply because it's too good to be true and I still believe Sakurai wouldn't have chamged his mind inbetween games so easily.
But still, if it does happen, he's gonna be on E3, that's for sure.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a fan of that site, but they do have devs and insiders there and if individuals like Nibel and Emily are both hinting it, I find it hard not to believe it. Now if only a leaker can spill the beans on Isaac for me so I can prepare to unleash my howl of tears (from joy or sadness).

If the leak is true, I'll be happy for all you Ridley fans, plus curious how they got him to work.

geoluminescent

Smash Cadet
Well... I'll take y'all's word for it that these guys are at least more reliable than some randos. Sure, I'll hype myself up a bit. What's the fun in life if you don't let yourself be a little gullible every now and again?

This.

ResetEra's not exactly a great place for rumours and speculation.

Isn't ResetEra supposed to be a successor to NeoGAF?

If I remember correctly, that place wasn't exactly kind to Ridley and his fans...
wut?

Like, 95% of rumors and leaks wind up on ERA. . .It's like the place for rumors and speculation

For the record. . .this isn't the first time i've heard about this particular leak. It's actually why my hope of Ridley isn't 0. Thought it would take a longer time to get to a place like smashboards, but here we are. For the record, this is the same group that leaked Smash Bros being in the direct, and quite a lot of other details. I wouldnt put this bieng true at a non-zero amount haha.

But. . .those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. never be certain of anything. That bit us in the ass quite a lot last time :p
:061:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say there's to little to be taken as a full rumor as fo yet but we should keep out eyes out.

It's going to be a looooooong 90 days until E3.

Side Note: Still can't believe that a side-mode with little to no VA told a better story than the next Metroid game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So I heard our .5% chance bumped up to a 5%.

I'm satisfied.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But my question is, are we sure we can trust this Nibel guy?

He could be trolling for all we know.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Can't believe I have to be the reminder again, but...

Do NOT accept leaks at face value! No matter how badly you do or do not want it to be real, don't just accept the leak as fact until the whole thing has been corroborated through official channels!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm gonna accept it 110%

I like to live dangerously.

IronTed

Smash Ace
I'm also on team real, if only because I doubt they would say this unless they really, really trust the source.

Confirmation bias may also be a factor though, but hey, I can take the disappointment.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
If this is true, I will firmly believe a good chunk of the development time was Sakurai crafting a design document of Ridley

People are genuinely believing that Ridley is going to be in smash without actually being a part of any inside info

Y'all remember Tower of Smash? Or Spainkiller?

I don't want another "second post" needing to be made lol. Space Pirates are doomed to be hopeful for all time, huh? :laugh:
Just keep your expectations as low as possible and if/when he shows up it will even be more hype based on the fact you don't expect him
:061:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
So we finally get our first "Ridley is playable" rumor.
Didn't even take a week ^^
Not falling for it, I've learned my lesson last time, all rumors are fake until proven true.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I understand being skeptical.

But this one has some actual weight behind it.

It's okay to be a little excited.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
It specifically has no weight behind it at all.

Being excited is one thing, but hope is the first step toward disappointment.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It specifically has no weight behind it at all.
Except it actually does.
Ryce is the guy that leaked MvC:I and SFV
ERA admins have a **** load of inside info on various things and knew about the Direct before it was announced.

There's being skeptical and then there's this.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
No one should "expect", only "hope".

I'm super sceptical, after what happened during Smash 3DS/WiiU speculation.

I don't want a repeat of the Tower of Smash, shadow analysis, etc.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
This is one of those times I’m glad experience with such things like Smash speculation has made me more a defeatist. This could very well be an elaborate ruse (or early April Fools) to prove a point about the lot of us still foolishly having hope and full expectations at the first sign of anything... This having a little more weight than the average rumor is kinda nice though, but still.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I understand being skeptical.

But this one has some actual weight behind it.

It's okay to be a little excited.
I'm actually not buying it.

I really want to believe that this is true, but we've been through that cycle twice and ended up being bitter. Third time's the charm, but I don't want to jump and disappoint myself again

Top Bottom