• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Don't mess with me like this, I can't take it. I don't want to overhype myself. I've already taken Ridley off my prediction roster.

I'm trying to keep expectations in check this time. Clones, cuts, no Ridley. I want to be wrong, but I don't want to be let down again.

Maybe what his face is just talking about Ridley playing a notable role in Metroid Prime 4?

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
> E3 comes
> Nintendo announces new Metroid Prime 4 trailer
> Samus is walking, searching for something in a spooky place
> suddenly... "DUUN DUN DUN DUNN" music
> Ridley comes from nowhere and starts attacking her
> Pretty kewl cinematic battle
> Ridley rammes her against the wall
> Wall breaks, they end in a very dark room
> Ridley looks for Samus everywhere, not able to find her
> Suddenly, a big light behind Ridley, he looks back
> Smash Logo
> Every youtuber making a direct becomes crazy, Etika screams "mah ****!" over and over
> Then, under the Smash logo, fire letters appears
> It says "As a stager hazard again"
> Sakurai face appears and starts pointing at Ridley and laugh
> New Smash Character is Bubsy the bobcat.
Lol I wouldn't even be mad

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Y'know, even if this rumor ends up being false, isn't it kinda nice to see everyone talk about Ridley again? I can't remember the last time so many people were discussing Ridley without it being related to a "too big" argument.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
I'm definitely not gonna believe that Ridley is 100% confirmed or even close due to this potential leak but....I say there's enough credit for Jonneh alone (Captain Toad on switch, Mario Tennis Aces, Smash, cracking a too big joke about a Ridley image on the same day as the latest direct and saying "we'll come back to this"..) to at least entertain the leak for now and keep it in the back of my mind as a possibility. Not THAT long til E3 anyway. If Ridley's not revealed by then or at E3, I say Jonneh just got some misinformation and the same can be said for the ERA staff that also allegedly know Ridley's playable.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Y'know, even if this rumor ends up being false, isn't it kinda nice to see everyone talk about Ridley again? I can't remember the last time so many people were discussing Ridley without it being related to a "too big" argument.
Whenever Ridley comes up, the "too big" argument is soon to follow. I'd rather not have rumors for Ridley at this point, they just end up pissing a lot of people off; but that's just me.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Metroid Samus Returns just won another award:

"Control Design, 2D or Limited 3D" award (NAVGTR Corp. Awards 2018).

It was also nominated for "Original Light Mix Score, Franchise" award, but The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild won that.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Can I just say how awesome it is to see people are not jumping heart first into leaks. I mean, I am buzzing with the thought of it being true, but I'm not willing to invest myself into believing it. It's not worth it, and I don't want to see other hopefuls suffer it.

Anyway here's some speculation, what do you think his taunts and intro could be?

I'd love his intro to be the super metroid eyes opening before he appears.

And one of his taunts to be a shriek. Maybe not the fusion one though.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Can I just say how awesome it is to see people are not jumping heart first into leaks. I mean, I am buzzing with the thought of it being true, but I'm not willing to invest myself into believing it. It's not worth it, and I don't want to see other hopefuls suffer it.

Anyway here's some speculation, what do you think his taunts and intro could be?

I'd love his intro to be the super metroid eyes opening before he appears.

And one of his taunts to be a shriek. Maybe not the fusion one though.
I think your idea for his opening would fit great. He could be a dark shadow in the background, then his eyes could quickly dart open before he jumps onto the stage.

As for taunts, it'd be a nice throwback if one of his taunts involved him using his tail to randomly pull out containment unit with a Metroid in it. A loud shriek would be cool, but it wouldn't take long for me to absolutely hate it. Just imagine 2-3 players spamming that taunt over and over again.

D

Deleted member

Just imagine 2-3 players spamming that taunt over and over again.
We already have Taunt spamming, this would only cement Ridley's meme status.
Captain Falcon: "Show me your moves!"
Ryu: "Talk is cheap!"
Marth: "Minna miteite kure!"
Ridley: *Loud shrieking noises*

D

Deleted member

Not to ruin the fun with this Smash Switch Ridley "leak" but:
I haven't heard anything about Smash. I was speculating in a Smash Bros. Discord channel. This topic really shouldn't exist.
Source.

EDIT: Ignore this, it doesn't affect the "leak" at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ryce isn't the source of the "leak". The ResetEra mod Nibel (Eh, could be trolling) and Jon Cartwright (A proven reliable source of information) are.
Ah, i see.

What has Cartwright done to be proven as reliable though?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Not to ruin the fun with this Smash Switch Ridley "leak" but:

Source.
Turns out he means in terms of saying that he's a part of the rumor, potential leak, whatever you want to call it. He didn't outright deny that he said any of what's in the image and plus there's still Jonneh and the other staff of ERA and Jonneh has a good track record going on right now.

Jonneh hinted at Mario Tennis Aces before it was announced back in January and he also hinted at Captain Toad for Switch and Smash before this latest Direct started.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
One thing I've taken notice of is that both Bowser and Donkey Kong look much larger than Mario here than in Smash 4.

If Sakurai increased the margin for size in Smash 4, maybe he's done it again in Smash Switch? And if there is a larger margin for how large a character can be, maybe it'll be just enough to squeeze in Ridley?

Granted, this isn't much to go by. Silhouettes are silhouettes, and we won't really have any confirmation of a larger "size margin" until we can actually compare in-game, but I figured it may be worth pointing out.

D

Deleted member

Despite what i posted above, i do support Ridley for Smash (im stating this now because i don't remember stating it in this thread before).

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Jonneh is also saying that anything he is saying about Smash is pure speculation. Either he's just being cautious, or he was just taking having a laugh right from the start, pretty sure it's the latter.
Decided to ask on Twitter about this to see if there's any possibility that the rumor is still alive to some margin. If he responds, I'll post back and tell what he says. If he doesn't want to respond though, that's fine to. We'll know eventually anyways but I figured it'd be nice to have something to go off of or downright deconfirm this rumor.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I went from doubtful to curious of Ridley's addition in Smash in Switch. It would be interesting to see him. Metroid does need more representation in Smash Brothers besides Samus and ZSS, especially when it is a popular series.
If Ridley does get added in Smash in Switch, I got to lick a statue of him.
Only Ridley statue would be over 700 dollars and it's still being made. Good luck, you'll ****ing need it

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Nice rumor popping up here mew, wish I was here when it started nya~ Call me crazy, but I'm completely hoping it wounds up becoming truth nya! Ridley is needed mew!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Whether it's real or not, it's nice to see more intrigue and mystery in Smash speculation.

We really need more of that. It's what makes it worthwhile.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I think we should be greatful that the rumor was deconfirmed quickly. When it comes to Ridley, hope only causes pain.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think we should be greatful that the rumor was deconfirmed quickly. When it comes to Ridley, hope only causes pain.
It was confirmed false? In what way? I missed whatever it was and no one seems to be talking about it above you.

Edit - Never mind, I misread. I thought Jonneh (terrible name) was Ryce. Hard to keep these leakers straight. That being said, I am not really taking PR talk as a confirmation one way or the other, per se.

Last edited:

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013

IronTed

Smash Ace
I mean, I believe he's telling the truth, but that teasing still sits wrong with me (hence my uncertainty on this issue). Regardless, to say he's lying would be delusional, so it should just be dropped for now.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Cool leak. Just found out and caught up. I am on Resetera and I remember seeing those posts. I didn't realize dude was an admin. Considering the other things he said I feel like he does know something and is now trying to cover his butt just in case.

I mean just to be clear when an insider knows something and ambiguously drops hints the last thing he/she would ever do is confirm said hints. You either deny you know anything or say nothing else at all. Him "confirming" he knows nothing is about self preservation whether he knows something or not.

What ever the case if Ridley is in YABADABADOO! and if not well I never expected him anyway.

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Cool leak. Just found out and caught up. I am on Resetera and I remember seeing those posts. I didn't realize dude was an admin. Considering the other things he said I feel like he does know something and is now trying to cover his butt just in case.

What ever the case if Ridley is in YABADABADOO! and if not well I never expected him anyway.
I'd be shocked if this Ridley "leak" was anything other than him tweeting to lel. Afaic, good on him for killing it when people started to naively believe it. He could have easily let it run until it became Tower of Smash or the cloud theory level of speculation.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Reading this thread, I'm almost certain that even if Ridley was confirmed during E3, none of you would believe it until you have the game in your Switch. Not that I can't understand it, after what Sakurai said for Sm4sh.
Hope he changed his mind on the dinosaur.

Morbi

Scavenger
Reading this thread, I'm almost certain that even if Ridley was confirmed during E3, none of you would believe it until you have the game in your Switch. Not that I can't understand it, after what Sakurai said for Sm4sh.
From my perspective, every single time he is not included, the inherent demand for him goes up. The only real problem is that if people do not believe it will happen, it appears as if his demand goes down. Not a lot of people want to go through the same song and dance, however. Fool me once, fool me twice, that sort of thing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As expected.

‘Twas wasn’t anything other than a ruse after all.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You know that they would never confirm him at E3 anyway. They’d hint at him to get tongues wagging, and then stay silent until someone datamined the relase version and found him to have some ridiculously impossible unlock conditions.

Nintendo thrives on leading Ridley fans by the nose.

I can definitely see at least one major hype reveal at E3, so I hope it’s Mewtwo Strikes Back again or K.Rool. Ridley at E3 would be amazing, but then they’d lose their biggest*lol* sources of hype and speculation.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Guys, come on! Melee, Brawl, Sm4sh, even the gap between 3DS and Wii U! Every time there’s a Smash Bros release we go through this. I mean...the Melee intro, the Melee poll, the cloud theory, the Brawl prophets, the tower of Smash, the constant leakers and “prophets” and reliable people across the internet who have correctly leaked things in the past, even Sakurai seemingly trolling Ridley supporters to supposedly lead up to a reveal. It’s always the same, and each time we end up disappointed, and each time the rest of the Smash world feasts on our tears.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve learned my lesson at this point. Three Smash-sequels so far, three times Ridley wasn’t playable in the game. I’m not ready to believe yet another supposedly reliable 2nd hand source this time. I still support Ridley, but I’m done hoping. As far as I’m concerned, he’s deconfirmed until Nintendo announces that he’s payable. I’d recommend you guys adopt the same philosophy, or we’re all going to be in the same place we were after investing emotion and effort into hoping for Ridley’s inclusion in the last three games.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
You know that they would never confirm him at E3 anyway. They’d hint at him to get tongues wagging, and then stay silent until someone datamined the relase version and found him to have some ridiculously impossible unlock conditions.

Nintendo thrives on leading Ridley fans by the nose.

I can definitely see at least one major hype reveal at E3, so I hope it’s Mewtwo Strikes Back again or K.Rool. Ridley at E3 would be amazing, but then they’d lose their biggest*lol* sources of hype and speculation.
As mush as I love Ridley, I still think that a third party would bring more hype.
If you want to maximize it, however, put Ridley versus the new guest star, and watch /v/ cries.

Top Bottom