• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
In the alt universe where I achieved my child hood dream of being a game programed that joins nintendo instead of a writer, I would add ridley when I take over the smash series when sakuria retires in 50 years

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Allow me to turn your question back on you, then: What, pray tell, is the point of your questioning?

The more idiots try to deny Ridley being playable, the more we lobby for him. That is all the answer necessary.
The point of my question is to see you guys actually want him to get in but if you're actually willing to do something about it besides just talk about it.

Videos? Pictures? Anything that could actually help him get in.

I understand that not everyone has the time or tools to such things, heck I have no drawing skills or video editing software to do either so it's not like I can be like Thanos and say "Fine i'll do it myself" but I would think with the news of a new Smash Game being made that we would get more supporters and content but like what I said before people are bullies.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
The point of my question is to see you guys actually want him to get in but if you're actually willing to do something about it besides just talk about it.
Ah, see, in that case... we've already done something. Well, I say "we," but it was Zem-raj Zem-raj and @BaganSmashBros who actually put in the time and effort.

And it was done shortly after the last entry, when it would actually matter for this one.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord

I understand that not everyone has the time or tools to such things, heck I have no drawing skills or video editing software to do either so it's not like I can be like Thanos and say "Fine i'll do it myself" but I would think with the news of a new Smash Game being made that we would get more supporters and content but like what I said before people are bullies.
Are you asking this same question to every single support thread? What are we supposed to do? The roster was almost certainly determined a year ago if not further back. We voted in the Smash Ballot, and we are active on forums and social media. What else is there that we’re supposed to do? How is drawing a picture going to do anything?

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Ah, see, in that case... we've already done something. Well, I say "we," but it was Zem-raj Zem-raj and @BaganSmashBros who actually put in the time and effort.

And it was done shortly after the last entry, when it would actually matter for this one.
I know of the Mod that BaganSmashBros made but what did Zem-rai do?

How is drawing a picture going to do anything?
So how Ridley can be scaled with the other fighters, to show what he would look like with other alt colors, to see how he would against his other counterparts, not that hard see what pictures could do.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace

So how Ridley can be scaled with the other fighters, to show what he would look like with other alt colors, to see how he would against his other counterparts, not that hard see what pictures could do.
I mean, people could always make/draw more picture I suppose, but we already have a few charts putting a sized down Ridley next to other characters on the page one introduction of this support thread.

*EDIT* Pretty sure some alt colors were added to this thread a day or so ago too, a couple of pages back.

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
I mean, people could always make/draw more picture I suppose, but we already have a few charts putting a sized down Ridley next to other characters on the page one introduction of this support thread.

*EDIT* Pretty sure some alt colors were added to this thread a day or so ago too, a couple of pages back.
I on that page right now and I don't see any of that, plus the false rumor is still up for some reason.

In summary: Published an essay and mailed a copy of it to everyone whose name could be connected to development.
Really? What did the essay have in it and how long was it?

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I on that page right now and I don't see any of that
Did you happen to click any of the spoiler tags? Try that. If you think they shouldn't be covered by spoiler tags you could lodge a formal complaint or suggestion to the owner of this support thread. (Or don't if you don't want to; I'm sure they'll see this post either way.)

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Just announcing the presence of another deluded soul back on the Ridley train for the third straight Smash game. A role in Prime 4 will help.

But I guess roles in Prime 1 and Other M didn't help in Brawl and Sm4sh? Ah well. Here's hoping.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Just announcing the presence of another deluded soul back on the Ridley train for the third straight Smash game. A role in Prime 4 will help.

But I guess roles in Prime 1 and Other M didn't help in Brawl and Sm4sh? Ah well. Here's hoping.
There was also his appearance in
Samus Returns

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think we all know that Ridley will become playable when we stop asking, for the greatest twist of irony ever

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
tbh after Proteus I just want Ridley even more in Smash.
I wish Sakurai changed his opinion like he did with Villager, Pac Man or Mii but yeah it's rly unlikely

and about this guy that tweeted... Guys, come on. Don't let a Pyrosphere Shadow 2.0 fiasco happen this early in the hype train lol

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

There's absolutely nothing anyone can do to impact which characters make it in at this point, the roster would have been decided in the initial planning stages (which seems to have been around late 2016-ish), and the game is scheduled to come out this year, it's too late for any of that.

The only thing anyone can do about any characters on this forum is to talk and speculate, which is what it's meant for anyways. I'd be surprised if Smashboards have ever had a significant impact on a Smash game's development in general.

Spatman

Smash Ace
There's absolutely nothing anyone can do to impact which characters make it in at this point, the roster would have been decided in the initial planning stages (which seems to have been around late 2016-ish), and the game is scheduled to come out this year, it's too late for any of that.

The only thing anyone can do about any characters on this forum is to talk and speculate, which is what it's meant for anyways. I'd be surprised if Smashboards have ever had a significant impact on a Smash game's development in general.
Early-Mid 2016 *

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ridley has so much fan art and other Smash related content out there I can't imagine anyone seriously saying 'will you guys actually do something about it?'. Not that anyone has to anyway, it's the people who make the games job to understand what fans want, not ours but still, out of all characters ever asked for out there no one has done more for their character than Ridley fans have.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Early-Mid 2016 *
Slightly off topic, but I've been seeing everyone say similar things about when the roster was decided and how every newcomer was probably finalized before 2017.

Just a reminder that Smash 4 had two versions, and Sakurai had to virtually start from scratch with 30 different veterans and over 14 newcomers. It took roughly two and a half years to release both versions of that game, and this Smash is already looking like it'll pass the two year mark without the help of any delays. Unless Sakurai wanted to make extra trouble for himself, I doubt he's going to completely recreate every character and stage like he did in SSB4.

Point is, if it's taking just as long to create one version even when there's obviously plenty of stuff that could just be ported over and adjusted from the previous game, then something must be up (and I highly doubt a few newcomers who were planned from 2016 would take two years to implement). Even with some new stages and modes being added, I don't think it's too unreasonable for the development team to possibly be adding more newcomers as they go along.

Could be wrong, and it's possible that Sakurai really did have the roster planned by 2016. Still, I think this idea shouldn't be disregarded just yet. At least have it on the back of the table until Sakurai directly states when the roster was finalized.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548

Also, go into Google Images and type "Ridley scale Smash". It's been done, oh lordy, it's been done so many times.

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Ridley has so much fan art and other Smash related content out there I can't imagine anyone seriously saying 'will you guys actually do something about it?'. Not that anyone has to anyway, it's the people who make the games job to understand what fans want, not ours but still, out of all characters ever asked for out there no one has done more for their character than Ridley fans have.
I never said that it was anyone's fault for him not being in, all I was saying that that we can still do more when it comes to the big guy, I never said that he doesn't have enough content, I was saying is that there should be more in the community in general.

Also, go into Google Images and type "Ridley scale Smash". It's been done, oh lordy, it's been done so many times.
I mean that's nice but I don't see it on the opening page for some reason, and there's only one moveset for him, like where's the passion, the opening header really needs some work, the size scales are all old and out of date and the fake rumor is still there so yeah can we please update the whole thing, because it might help people who are still unsure about him to be convinced if the header was made better.

I not saying I could do a better job, but I could make it neater and clean it up a bit.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I never said that it was anyone's fault for him not being in, all I was saying that that we can still do more when it comes to the big guy, I never said that he doesn't have enough content, I was saying is that there should be more in the community in general.

I mean that's nice but I don't see it on the opening page for some reason, and there's only one moveset for him, like where's the passion, the opening header really needs some work, the size scales are all old and out of date and the fake rumor is still there so yeah can we please update the whole thing, because it might help people who are still unsure about him to be convinced if the header was made better.

I not saying I could do a better job, but I could make it neater and clean it up a bit.
You're being a little too critical of us here. We're Ridley supporters, not world-renowned college English professors. Even if the stuff that's been done isn't perfect, I can wholeheartedly assure you that it's a heck of a lot more than what other supporters have done for their character.

You have to give us more credit. We're genuinely trying to get him in Smash.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
gravitypuff, would you explain to us why most of your posts on this site has been questioning Ridley supporters?

I'm not trying to interrogate, but it's fairly suspicious. You've been doing it in quite a few threads every since you made the account...

I don't think you ever answered Cosmic77 when they asked why you were so dedicated to interrogating us, lol.

If you're here to support Ridley too and think we should do better, why not be constructive and contribute rather than tearing down what's been done?

Last edited:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
You're being a little too critical of us here. We're Ridley supporters, not world-renowned college English professors. Even if the stuff that's been done isn't perfect, I can wholeheartedly assure you that it's a heck of a lot more than what other supporters have done for their character.

You have to give us more credit. We're genuinely trying to get him in Smash.
I don't know why you're getting defensive. I pointed out that the opening header is weak and some stuff needed fixing, I never asked to for it to be perfect, just edited and fixed as all.

gravitypuff, would you explain to us why most of your posts on this site has been questioning Ridley supporters?
Because sometimes I have questions to ask.

I'm not trying to interrogate, but it's fairly suspicious. You've been doing it in quite a few threads every since you made the account...
OK you caught me, I work for Sakurai and nintendo, On a more serious note I do what I do because of how I feel at the moment, if the bugs some people then so be it but tinfoil hats aren't really fashionable so you might want to take yours off. :laugh:

I don't think you ever answered Cosmic77 when they asked why you were so dedicated to interrogating us, lol.
Wait when did he ever ask me a question here? :confused:

If you're here to support Ridley too and think we should do better, why not be constructive and contribute rather than tearing down what's been done?
Yeah because it's not like I make a post pointing out the flaws with the opening header on this page.....oh wait. :joyful:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't know why you're getting defensive. I pointed out that the opening header is weak and some stuff needed fixing, I never asked to for it to be perfect, just edited and fixed as all.

Because sometimes I have questions to ask.

OK you caught me, I work for Sakurai and nintendo, On a more serious note I do what I do because of how I feel at the moment, if the bugs some people then so be it but tinfoil hats aren't really fashionable so you might want to take yours off. :laugh:

Wait when did he ever ask me a question here? :confused:

Yeah because it's not like I make a post pointing out the flaws with the opening header on this page.....oh wait. :joyful:
So far, your tone has been, "There's not really a point in speculating because you get bullied and Sakurai said 'no', your character will never get in because you haven't done enough to convince people that he could work, and the various pictures and essays you guys upload are sloppy and unconvincing."

If that's your way of asking questions, then you can't get so surprised or bent out of shape when a few of us feel like you're purposely trying to offend us.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Here we go again. I will keep supporting Ridley as always have.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
So far, your tone has been, "There's not really a point in speculating because you get bullied and Sakurai said 'no', your character will never get in because you haven't done enough to convince people that he could work, and the various pictures and essays you guys upload are sloppy and unconvincing."

If that's your way of asking questions, then you can't get so surprised or bent out of shape when a few of us feel like you're purposely trying to offend us.
To be fair I can understand why you would read into my posts like that since it can be pretty hard to tell if someone is actually trying to troll you guys which in this case No I wasn't trying to troll anyway here.

Plus I don't think me asking a few questions here is gonna offend anyone.

It was packed with detail about Ridley and it was 200+ pages in length.
Wait really? Holy shrimp how long did it take to make? Do you have a copy to show us? What did it have in?

domriver

Smash Lord
Does anyone have that picture of Miyamoto and Luigi like on top of a building overlooking the damage on the city? Buildings on fire, riots etc.. I remember people used for when they posted " If Ridley isn't in *inserts pic* LOL same with Geno. jejeej I cant find it on google anyone ? That pic always made me laugh.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
So what are your guys plan to get Ridley in?

Sakurai said no and his reasonings where just fuel to the arguments against him being in the game.

Add to that the bullying and memes and a lot people who once supported him are now to sacare to speak up or to share their opinions online since it happened.

So my question to you guys is what are you going to do about that? Because just getting hopefully over "rumors" and "leaks" isn't productive nor is just doing nothing about it.
As was answered earlier by other people we have done it all and then some. The Ridley fans are loud and have made their wishes known for years and years and years. If Ridley does make it in the game it's not do to anything any of us are doing now or will do in the future. The base roster is decided and I guarantee you DLC is already planned and Sakurai probably already has a good idea of who they will be.

Ridley is a hot button issue. A lot less so now a'days but it is. The fact that it causes so much debate makes publications take notice and then they go out and ask Sakurai himself. The tweets directly to Sakurai, the Brawl mods, the fan art, the arguments, a literal book of info, we have collectively done it all. During the first Smash Bros invitational I was in the second row right in the center, Sakurai was right in front of me. Everyone went "Sakurai! Sakurai! Sakurai!" and in-between every Sakurai I shouted "Ridley" lol.

You keep good thoughts and you keep the discussion up if for the very least DLC. Just go to any gaming forum and look up the Smash topic. Try to go through one thread without Ridley coming up. You can't.

Thats all there is, there isn't any more.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Bayonetta apparently won the Smash Ballot. I suppose Ridley could have and he was deemed not viable; however, the point is moot at that rate. Just saying, their fan-base did more for Bayonetta than we have ever done for Ridley, objectively. If you believe that ballot results, that is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Bayonetta apparently won the Smash Ballot. I suppose Ridley could have and he was deemed not viable; however, the point is moot at that rate. Just saying, their fan-base did more for Bayonetta than we have ever done for Ridley, objectively. If you believe that ballot results, that is.
Ridley was never going to be popular in the ballot since he was already deconfirmed before it opened. I voted for him anyways, but I doubt many others did knowing it was a waste of time, even if he had won it Sakurai still wouldn't have caved in.

We never really needed the ballot though, Sakurai has already addressed us and acknowledged his popularity ("I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans"), so of course he knows how big the demand is, he's had to read and hear about it for well over a decade now, it's not exactly a coincidence that he got 2 boss battles in Brawl either. The ballot helps characters who Sakurai might have had some doubts about how popular they really were outside of the core Nintendo fanbase, like K. Rool for example, but even though it's been our only direct line to Sakurai it wasn't the only way to make our voices heard, and Ridley fans' voices have been heard many many years before the ballot even was a thing, they just haven't been answered.

I think the Ridley fanbase has done all it could, and did so a long time ago, our only duty now is to show that the interest is still there and won't fade away, so that every time Sakurai has to decide the next game's roster he'll still have to make a decision on Ridley, and we'll just have to cross our fingers and hope that this time he'll finally figure it out. And I think the Ridley fanbase is doing a great job at that too, when you look at some of the characters who were super popular alongside Ridley back in the pre-Brawl days (like Geno and Krystal), and then look at their fanbases now, you can see that not every fanbase can keep it up. It's actually really remarkable that Ridley has been amongst the most wanted characters for Smash for that long, many characters who are in the game wouldn't have had fanbases that could manage that, and no character who still isn't in can even begin to compare to how long this whole Ridley thing has been going on and how consistent the demand has been.

Of course at this very moment everything we say will have no impact on Smash 5, but it might have for Smash 6, just like how Smash 4 speculation has probably had an impact on Smash 5's roster.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Admittedly, my worst fear from 2014's aftermath was most of the fans losing that desire and passion to have him. Well, that was sort of the case for the ballot (but Ridley already left his mark well before then), but I mean like in the long run, though we're all still here, so that's good. His future in Metroid was also uncertain at the time, and didn't help his last appearance was from a game and whose design was pretty unpopular, so there was that too, but Samus Returns buried all that, with a return to form game and Ridley design that isn't controversial.

While there may be no way to logically live down what the Smash director's gone on record saying about him, particularly in 2014, keeping up the support and thereby a thorn in his side for future consideration is the best we can do like with any character. With how kinder time has been to Ridley in 2016-17, we're lucky to still be where we are considering, when compared to Geno, Krystal, and the like. In the grand scheme of things I thought the space pirates did falter in 2014, but I was proven wrong. They never falter.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Of course at this very moment everything we say will have no impact on Smash 5, but it might have for Smash 6, just like how Smash 4 speculation has probably had an impact on Smash 5's roster.
Yep! We could always dream that Sakurai stumbled upon those many Ridley mods and maybe he liked them? lmao, it's a longshot but let me dream!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
As was answered earlier by other people we have done it all and then some. The Ridley fans are loud and have made their wishes known for years and years and years. If Ridley does make it in the game it's not do to anything any of us are doing now or will do in the future. The base roster is decided and I guarantee you DLC is already planned and Sakurai probably already has a good idea of who they will be.

Ridley is a hot button issue. A lot less so now a'days but it is. The fact that it causes so much debate makes publications take notice and then they go out and ask Sakurai himself. The tweets directly to Sakurai, the Brawl mods, the fan art, the arguments, a literal book of info, we have collectively done it all. During the first Smash Bros invitational I was in the second row right in the center, Sakurai was right in front of me. Everyone went "Sakurai! Sakurai! Sakurai!" and in-between every Sakurai I shouted "Ridley" lol.

You keep good thoughts and you keep the discussion up if for the very least DLC. Just go to any gaming forum and look up the Smash topic. Try to go through one thread without Ridley coming up. You can't.

Thats all there is, there isn't any more.

Book of info?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Book of info?
Zem's essay, On the Subject of Space Dragons Playable in Smash Bros and Why Anyone Arguing Against Them is Objectively Wrong.

Actually... wait, I think it may have just been titled something along the lines of just RIDLEY. I may have been paraphrasing.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Zem's essay, On the Subject of Space Dragons Playable in Smash Bros and Why Anyone Arguing Against Them is Objectively Wrong.

Actually... wait, I think it may have just been titled something along the lines of just RIDLEY. I may have been paraphrasing.
Where can I read this?!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I assume Zem can send you a link, but it was kind of a team effort, between finding and posting images, references, and things, helping reword certain parts so it didn’t come off as too salty, etc. He did most of the work though of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom