• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
The bigger question I have at this point is which of the 3 versions of the Proteus battle theme will they end up adding.

Would also absolutely like any SR inspired stage, albeit please not another Ridley-as-a-hazard one.
I could see them using all 3 versions in a medley type composition, going in the order that they appear in game and then loop back to the first theme. Otherwise, I'd say they'd probably use the second phase theme, as that was the version picked for the
"Metroid: Samus Returns - Overview Trailer":

1:44 - 2:53 (Listen to the background music carefully, you should be able to hear it)

For reference.

For the stage, maybe they could use the area on the surface of SR-388 with Samus' ship (from towards the end of the game). The theme would be placed well there.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm half hoping that Ridley will be announced as character simply because he's been deconfirmed so much before.

Kind of like how the AC villager was said to be unsuitable but then :4villager: and the memes start pouring in.

Zeox

Smash Champion
If he doesn't ends in Smash as a character, he will be as a boss, the question is, what Ridley would be? the Ridley from the last Smash 4, or the Ridley from Samus returns from 3DS?
I honestly like more the design of samus returns.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Ridley for smash 5 nya! We need nyanother nyadorable metroid character who isn't Samus mew! Nyo matter what shape or form he's in, I'll still play him even if he's the size of the screen nya!! The time for villains has come nya!!! :nifty:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not only because Metroid needs more characters in Smash, or because it needs more villains, or because he is the second most important character in Metroid, or because he is a cool space dragon, but also because it will finally kill the meme of "too big" and Smash fans would have to be original and find new memes.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Samus returns makes his wings smaller and his neck less weird, it makes him really scalable, you could easily make a model of this design bigger than Samus but small enough to play.

Im just going to say it now.

I know this thread will certainly be rough.

But that doesn't mean discussion shouldn't happen.
Be courteous.
Be polite.
Don't come in here to be toxic to users.
Don't be toxic to other users who come in here

It is possible to disagree on subjective matters without any issue.

I know from experience in the mansion the Ridley thread can be a wonderful place filled with wonderful people. Let's keep it that way alright?

Never Falter.
You know this post I made when I made the thread is already looking like a good idea
:061:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
User was warned for this post
Speaking of Ridley....
I just want to say, rest in peace Ridley fans.
Sakurai and his team will not add Ridley for sure.
At least you all have the Inklings though ( even though they were guaranteed )! :)

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Ridley....
At least you all have the Inklings though ( even though they were guaranteed )! :)
There's no shame in jumping to conclusions, but just try not to do so this early.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Speaking of Ridley....
Well, we might as well at least hope. No harm in it, right?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, we might as well at least hope. No harm in it, right?
No harm at all. At least, until the last character is revealed and everyone starts a ****storm because Ridley didn't make it. Follows up then with threats of boycotting the game or simply not buying it at all because Ridley didn't make it. Again.

But yeah, its fine, no worries. :)

Speaking of Ridley....
Stealing posts from others is shameful :p

(For some reason N3ON decided to copy this post from Nintenzone and posted it here because. . . they wanted a reaction I guess.)

Last edited:

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
No harm at all. At least, until the last character is revealed and everyone starts a ****storm because Ridley didn't make it. Follows up then with threats of boycotting the game or simply not buying it at all because Ridley didn't make it. Again.

I've gotten to the point where if Ridley won't make it again I won't be surprised. It happens. Honestly all I wanted are Inklings and hopefully the spear-wielding bandana kirby guy that waddles

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
God damn it let's not and say we did.
The last thing I want is a fandom war. I'm sure you all are fine people.

D

Deleted member

I remember 5 years ago when I still believed Ridley had a chance and couldn't understand why all the users back from the Brawl age didn't believe om his chances.
It's funny how things change, I wonder how many of you will end up cynical ******* like me.

D

Deleted member

(For some reason N3ON decided to copy this post from Nintenzone and posted it here because. . . they wanted a reaction I guess.)
I do not care. As long as someone posts my exact wonderful words, I am all glad.
For the record, for some reason we're being raided by the Nintenzone thread. Because reasons.

Can't say I approve.
Me either.
Let him be big I say.
Um... that will make him over-powered to be honest. I have to disagree with this, considering that Ridley would be busted.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've gotten to the point where if Ridley won't make it again I won't be surprised. It happens.
I agree, but let's be realistic here. And its not just gonna be with Ridley. The KKR boys are gonna react the same way. At least some of them.

The only reasons why I'm mentioning this is so that, maybe, we could all team up this time and... Uh... Not do it this time. :laugh:

Also I like taunting Ridley fans. :troll:
God damn it let's not and say we did.
The last thing I want is a fandom war. I'm sure you all are fine people.
And you are most fine, my doll-shaped friend.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Well, we might as well at least hope.
There's no call for such language. ;)

There does, however, seem to be something of a misunderstanding here. There was no ****storm last time. It is highly unlikely there will be one this time. Our chances remain the same as ever; Ridley is guaranteed to be in the game, what's up for debate is whether he's playable, and that's a binary choice: He is, or he isn't.

What's also guaranteed is that we won't know for sure until the very last minute. This is what happens when you let a magician direct a game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

For the record, for some reason we're being raided by the Nintenzone thread. Because reasons.

Can't say I approve.
I orchestrated no raid, all I did was repost something which pertained to Ridley. The worst crime committed today was plagiarization. :p

I do not care. As long as someone posts my exact wonderful words, I am all glad.

D

Deleted member

There was no ****storm last time
Uhm, am I hallucinating again or do we live in separate timelines? Because I clearly remember the days of when the ESRB leak happened and they weren't pretty for Ridley.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
STOP

RAIDING

THREADS

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright because some people want to stretch the truth, let me make something clear.

This is not a raid. N3ON reposted another user's post and I decided to join in on the fun. She did not invite me. I was not attempting to drum up drama, nor was there any drummed up.

You guys are alright, and I obviously meant no disrespect.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well while I’m here I’ll just say that I’m not against Ridley. I was a supporter back in the Smash 4 days.

D

Deleted member

Dang, we NintendoZone users reacted to that joke a little too much....
This is not a raid of any sort, I would say that they just wanted to have fun. Well a little too much fun.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I agree. Hoping is fine, it's throwing a tantrum after that's the problem. I have no plans of getting heated if Ridley doesn't make it. I very well acknowledge that his chances are rather slim this time.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well... It’s getting interestingly fun now.

To say one would threaten to boycott or something over Ridley would imply he was expected playable to begin with, and that couldn’t be further from the case now with the consensus... How invested I’ll be with SSB4 Deluxe or whatever will just depend on a lot of other things.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Well... It’s getting interestingly fun now.

To say one would threaten to boycott or something over Ridley would imply he was expected playable to begin with, and that couldn’t be further from the case now with the consensus... How invested I’ll be with SSB4 Deluxe or whatever will just depend on a lot of other things.
Pretty much this. Salty though I may have come off as before, I'm really more invested in the improvements and other things that just generally come with new titles.

In the spirit of perverseness, I will continue supporting Ridley for playable. But there are others around here worth a bit of attention... I just wish I had the energy to actually write a proper thread for my Dragon Quest characters.

Top Bottom