• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
BotW Link aside...

unknown.png

With those bigger looking power suit shoulders, I like to think it's the Samus Returns version of Aran, but can't say for sure right now.

Ridley? Look in the clouds or something.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You could say that :p, tho that joke goes all the way back to pre-Brawl speculation where a pic from the SSE was shown that had oddly shaped clouds.

Yeah, I hope you're right.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Gonna be hopeful for Ridley, but I am braced for disappointment at this point. We all know the song and dance, I would say wait until e3 when they show off more stuff before we start to jump to conclusions.

Here we go again!

Sakurai is working on this so im not expecting much for the big guy. Thicken your reptilian skin, because it's time for a new wave of vitriol coming our way. Try not to fire back :laugh:

Never falter
:061:

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Much like the common cockroach, the only thing more impossible than Ridley's chances at being playable is support for the same fading away.

I'm certainly not letting this go. In the spirit of perverseness, all glory to our High Commander.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
If I were to make a list of potential characters for Smash in terms of their possible inclusion, Ridley would be dead last.

If that list was of characters I WANTED in Smash, he's only beaten by Rayman.

Much like our glorious leader, we may die and die again, but we will always return for another fight!

If I were to make a list of potential characters for Smash in terms of their possible inclusion, Ridley would be dead last.

If that list was of characters I WANTED in Smash, he's only beaten by Rayman.

Much like our glorious leader, we may die and die again, but we will always return for another fight!
"The Smash nerd formally known as Kalimdori."
Forget your password or something?
Didn't recognize you without the Rayman avatar. . .

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
"The Smash nerd formally known as Kalimdori."
Forget your password or something?
Didn't recognize you without the Rayman avatar. . .
Nah, I've still got my password. Did a bit of re-branding a while back, and I wanted to keep things consistent is all.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ridley is in the flame :)

But seriously this is HYPE. Although with Sakurai, chances seem kinda low honestly

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
You guys can take your "low chances" at stick them up your butt.

Ridley never give up and so should you, and anyone who tries to said "but sakurai said" will be blocked because I don't wanna hear, I WANT TO HEAR THE SCREAMS AND RAGE WHEN RIDLEY GETS ANNOUNCED AS A FIGHTER!

NOW LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!

:039::039::039::039::039::039:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You'll be blocking most people on the forum then for not totally expecting him/having that kind of confidence. lol No one's really given up on wanting him, though.

And oh hey, Eisendrachen and Kalimdori. Long time no see.

Well no matter what happens as far as Smash, just remember what else you have to look forward to with the character, between Meta Ridley F4F, probably Prime 4, and likely other things in the future... And well said @ Zebei. There'll be a new wave of vitriol no matter what we say or do, but it'll come and go, much like this current speculation era I suppose. A few months is almost too bearable compared to what we've all been through at least once before... Short enough for Ridley to say "Wake me when it's over".

rsz_proteusridleydefeated.png

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not sure what the future holds for Ridley, but there's a few positives we can pull from this. First off, Ridley has made a major appearance in a game that's not even a year old yet. Not every popular character can say that. Second, Prime 4 is (supposedly) being developed by Bandai Namco, and I can definitely see Sakurai helping the studio promote their game by adding a new Metroid character. He did it with Intelligent Systems and FE, so I don't see why he wouldn't do the same for the studio helping him with Smash.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm ready for the ride. I don't know if Sakurai being back on board is good or bad, but here's still hoping for Ridley to finally make it. At least Samus Returns and MP4 give something new to consider or work on, hopefully.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
For what it's worth, it's not like Sakurai hates Ridley or anything. He just doesnt know how to make him work. He's said as much.

I'd guess if he actually figured that out, Ridley in Smash would be a no brainer.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The good thing is that at least pre-Smash 4 hype let Sakurai know that people really want Ridley. The roster has certainly been decided in full beyond potential later DLC updates so I feel like more than ever it's easier to just sit back and see what happens.

Our best hope is that Sakurai has gotten inspiration over the last few years by fan mods or maybe something internal and just goes for it.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'll never stop supporting Ridley! After being in the background for all four games, it's finally time!

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
here we go guys i was there for smash 4, im here now as promised, ridley for smash, i want that metroid roster place

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
"For what it's worth," Ridley making an appearance is practically guaranteed. It's just our particular brand of perversity demands we stop for nothing less than the Commander being playable.

Problem is, I seem to recall something to the effect of Smash dev not actually looking at fan submissions? Quick, did Bagan manage to make the dev team?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
"For what it's worth," Ridley making an appearance is practically guaranteed. It's just our particular brand of perversity demands we stop for nothing less than the Commander being playable.

Problem is, I seem to recall something to the effect of Smash dev not actually looking at fan submissions? Quick, did Bagan manage to make the dev team?
I'd say the official ballot is the exact opposite of the bolded. You can bet that info and insight gained from that thing will be used for years to come. It was nice knowing that Sakurai knows that Ridley is a hot topic for character playability it's just a matter of hoping times have changed his stance.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Glad to see this thread back.Now it's the perfect time for brainstorm some crazy ideas for make ridley to work as a playable character.

This is my take: Why, instead of making ridley smaller/using an smaller appearance, give him the ability to shrink?

Sound too crazy? Well, it could be, if it wasn't for a bounty hunter that happens to compress his body into a ball. The morph ball is possible thanks to the chozo technology, and like any technology, it could be Copied, Cloned or Adapted. We already seen space pirates trying to imitate chozo technology before (when trying to create metroids for example), so it's not hard to imagine them trying the same with with the suit of their mortal enemy.

They could take them a long time to perfect it, but when they eventually did, it could be implemented on, maybe, a new exoskeleton for ridley? With that tech on his body, he could use it to shrink his body, or just parts of it, like dissamble his limbs to make them shorter, compress the size of his main body, or other sort of ways.

Yeah, i know, Ridley never had this ability in the games, but ZSS never had jetboots on her games, it was a new tool exclusive to her smash appearance to expand her moveset (just like the plasma whip). This new gimmick for ridley could just be an smash original as well, for justify his size, but maybe also using it for his moveset, like making parts of his body returning to normal size (like legs, tail, and arms) during certain attacks (like smash attacks) for example, or going full size for his Final Smash.

It's just an idea,
it will certain that will never happen, but who knows, at least i enjoy writing this type of theories and stuff. Wish good luck to all of you and hope this will be the time you get the Space Pirate.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Good luck to all Ridley supporters.

I did not support Ridley pre-smash 4. After the DLC aspect where confirmed, I gave my support. As I tried him in one of the Project M hacks/mods, and the Ridley mod was super fun! From there I opened my eyes for his true potential, so while I'm not the biggest Ridley fan in general, I do lend my support to the fans who have wanted him for so long. May Ridley finally join the cast.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
sakurai i hope you learned not the shame big beautiful space dragons in the past years, plus that Samus returns design is so good, and scalable.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey space pirates, it is ridleys day in the rate their chances thread. Please come by and show your support for he beast.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Can't have Smash hype without a large helping of Ridley. Long time no see.

Looks like this'll be a completely new Smash rather than a port, so I'm slightly more optimistic about the big guy's chances.

Sakurai has changed his mind before...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
About a couple months late to seeing this, but I guess KingJigglypuff took over for Bagan on updating the classic mod for the time being. Cool.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
He should have been playable since Brawl. I only have two characters that I really want in the game (him and Rayman), so I'll support. If there's a shadow talk however I'm outta here.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ditto on the shadow talk speculation.

Wait what game is this?
Some Brawl mod variant of the now deceased Project M... Used to play with the mods some which I might again someday, though in no hurry for it with the slow progression that's been had.

In hindsight it's kinda crazy now to think we'll get Smash Switch well before the Smash 4/Wii U modding scene ever evolves to Project M levels.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I'm an old Smashboards user under a new account. I don't even remember my old username, or if I was added to the Ridley support list.

Well, if I was, I'm not under this name, so please add me to the Ridley support list?

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Just like in the Metroid games, Ridley just keeps coming back.

Not sure if I like his chances, but I reckon he has a chance and I'm keen to get my hopes up pointlessly again! Huzzah!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In my perfect world, Smash's showing at E3 starts withshwoing off the veterans and inklings, then a fight between Smaus and the Inkling girl trasitions to pre-rendered and as they shootout... a shadow passes over them. Then we see the reflection in Samus's visor...

Top Bottom