• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Organic?

Meta/Proteus?

Organic as default, Proteus as alt.
Meta might need more work, due to more details.

As much as I prefer Meta since it's more iconic, Proteus looks like less work.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Huh, look what I found while holiday shopping.

It’s a start far as merchandise for Metroid goes, so I’m getting. Only two left at this store...

edit: Sorry about my phone pic being taken sideways.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Got an update regarding the Meta Ridley figure. First4Figures briefly showed another teaser image for the figure, this time an actual physical render, as opposed to a computer generated image:

It's going to be very detailed. You can't quite see it here, but they included a hand to show the scale of the figure. And speaking of scale, it is in scale with the original Varia Suit Samus figure, and is also bigger than both the Link + Loftwing figure and the upcoming Bowser figure. Here's a rough illustration below as a reminder:

Left: Varia Suit Samus (Upcoming, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes). Right: Link + Loftwing and Original Varia Suit Samus figures.

Don't expect this figure to be "cheap". It'll be more expensive than Bowser, which is $699.99 plus tax. Better save up now if you plan to buy a Meta Ridley figure...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, I definitely don't have the money for that.

Hopefully they'll release an amiibo of him one day, I'd definitely buy that.

I hope he looks awesome in Prime 4

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Yeah, I definitely don't have the money for that.

Hopefully they'll release an amiibo of him one day, I'd definitely buy that.

I hope he looks awesome in Prime 4
First 4 Figures have different payment plan options for figures:

• None (Deposit + final balance)
  • 3 months + final balance
  • 6 months + final balance
  • 8 months + final balance
  • 11 months + final balance (This option isn't available for every figure)
  • etc
It's difficult to judge how much it'll cost on these payment plans, since they haven't released information about the figure yet. Since it'll be bigger than the Bowser figure, let's use that as an example:
  • None ($70.00 Deposit + $629.99)
  • 3 months + final balance ($70.00 Deposit + $157.00 each month + $158.99 final balance)
  • 6 months + final balance ($70.00 Deposit + $90.00 each month + $89.99 final balance)
  • 8 months + final balance ($70.00 Deposit + $70.00 each month + $69.99 final balance)
So you can choose whether to do two lots of payments or give smaller payments each month.

Perhaps there'll be an amiibo for Ridley around the time Metroid Prime 4 is released.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That's still way too much money for me. I only do casual work, a job that seems to have a time limit on it.

I need that money for my games, And food, and rent, and an eventual holiday.

They look cool, but I can't see myself ever getting one.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
First 4 Figures have different payment plan options for figures:

• None (Deposit + final balance)
  • 3 months + final balance
  • 6 months + final balance
  • 8 months + final balance
  • 11 months + final balance (This option isn't available for every figure)
  • etc
It's difficult to judge how much it'll cost on these payment plans, since they haven't released information about the figure yet. Since it'll be bigger than the Bowser figure, let's use that as an example:
  • None ($70.00 Deposit + $629.99)
  • 3 months + final balance ($70.00 Deposit + $157.00 each month + $158.99 final balance)
  • 6 months + final balance ($70.00 Deposit + $90.00 each month + $89.99 final balance)
  • 8 months + final balance ($70.00 Deposit + $70.00 each month + $69.99 final balance)
So you can choose whether to do two lots of payments or give smaller payments each month.

Perhaps there'll be an amiibo for Ridley around the time Metroid Prime 4 is released.
While everyone else is complaining about house and car payments, I'll be complaining about Ridley payments.

The figure itself is very detailed and beautiful to look at, but that price tag is a little intimidating even with the payment plan. An amiibo is really my only bet at getting a quality figure of Ridley. If Nintendo does make a Ridley amiibo for Prime 4, I hope they'll go the same route they did with the Gaurdian amiibo and create a special box to accommodate his ideal size. Having a Ridley amiibo confined to a standard amiibo box would probably mean the figure is less detailed (not to mention how awkward it would look sitting next to a Samus amiibo).

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Wow! Absolutely fantastic! I'm a big statue collector and try to keep up but you are way more on top of it than me Zem-Raj. Thank you!

It's pricy but its the hobby that I love. I try to limit myself to maybe 1 or 2 statues a year. 3 tops. I love how big this thing is but space is really going to be an issue. I think I will buy a pedestal specifically for Ridley.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Wow! Absolutely fantastic! I'm a big statue collector and try to keep up but you are way more on top of it than me Zem-Raj. Thank you!

It's pricy but its the hobby that I love. I try to limit myself to maybe 1 or 2 statues a year. 3 tops. I love how big this thing is but space is really going to be an issue. I think I will buy a pedestal specifically for Ridley.
Much like with other F4F figures, Meta Ridley will probably come in two versions: Regular and Exclusive. The exclusive versions tend to have lights built in them. Meta Ridley's exclusive edition would be slightly complicated to make because it would likely have lights built into his wing membranes (which would also have to have a slight transparency), eyes, and the body lights, for them to glow like in the game. Some F4F lines have 3 or more (like Solid Snake), but I'm guessing Meta Ridley would just have 2.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Whatever it is, it’s hard to see it topping the impact he had in Samus Returns to be quite honest, though I’m sure they’ll give a nice new spin on him even as a semi-final boss or something. There’s the question I guess of whether he’ll have some presence in between like with MP3 too.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What do you all think Ridley role in Prime 4 will be?
Not sure. Since the Metroid series has been relatively dormant, I think the developers will either (1) use this as an opportunity to focus mainly on new characters and put little emphasis on Ridley (2) squeeze out every drop of nostalgia from old characters, like Ridley, and shove them into the main plot. Ridley is likely going to be a boss of sorts, but as to how involved he'll be in the main story is anyone's guess.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Wouldn't call Sylux "new" but he's waited over 10 years to have a follow-up to his arc, which is still expected to take place next... How Ridley could play a role during Sylux's antics against the Federation is anyone's guess though, yeah.

If they appeal more to nostalgia, Ridley alone won't cut it when people have been waiting for the likes of Kraid to return for years and years, but I stopped getting my hopes up for that kind of stuff, so whatever.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Whatever Prime 4 has in store, Ridley is sure to have a BiG impact in the game which will have an equality BIG impact in Smash 5. Most likely In a billboard ad in New Donk City, a stuff toy held by fan in Spring Stadium, a avante-garde ink painting in a Splatoon stage, a medieval banner waving in the wind in The Great Plateau, or even possibly as a Mii costume if we are lucky. Since, you know, he’s not roster material. Cross your fingers folks!!

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Whatever Prime 4 has in store, Ridley is sure to have a BiG impact in the game which will have an equality BIG impact in Smash 5. Most likely In a billboard ad in New Donk City, a stuff you held by fan in Spring Stadium, a svante-garde ink painting in a Splatoon stage, a medieval banner waving in the wind in The Great Plateau, or even possibly as a Mii costume if we are lucky. Cross your fingers folks!!
Venus, are you okay, buddy? I couldn't quite understand what you just said XD

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Whatever Prime 4 has in store, Ridley is sure to have a BiG impact in the game which will have an equality BIG impact in Smash 5. Most likely In a billboard ad in New Donk City, a stuff you held by fan in Spring Stadium, a svante-garde ink painting in a Splatoon stage, a medieval banner waving in the wind in The Great Plateau, or even possibly as a Mii costume if we are lucky. Cross your fingers folks!!
When Mecha-Wiggler joins the battle, Ridley takes over as the New Donk City stage boss.

"GrrrAAAaaawrrrrAAAaawwr!!!! (Leave it to me!)"

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Jakks Pacific (company who make World of Nintendo figures and plushes) just tweeted this yesterday:

It might be worth responding to the tweet asking for Ridley figures and Ridley plushes.

They also posted this on their Facebook account, so if you don't use twitter, try on there.

If you don't ask, you don't get. It won't hurt to try.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I come back to Smashboards to find out that support threads already exist, despite Smash Switch not even being confirmed to even be in development, and that the Ridley thread already has 17 pages.

Looks like much didn't change.

Slap me on that supporters list if that's still a thing.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So Nintendo's newest concept is brilliant.

"In addition to Prime 4, Nintendo is also releasing new Labo sets inspired by Metroid. Build your own life-sized Ridley to control with your Switch's Joy Cons. Only takes a short 42 hours to assemble."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Nintendo's newest concept is brilliant.

"In addition to Prime 4, Nintendo is also releasing new Labo sets inspired by Metroid. Build your own life-sized Ridley to control with your Switch's Joy Cons. Only takes a short 42 hours to assemble."
Imagine if he got inot Smash and that sett-up was the only way to control him. And, best of all, he ends up being top tier. Pro-Smash would be get a lot more intresting.

D

Deleted member

Jakks Pacific (company who make World of Nintendo figures and plushes) just tweeted this yesterday:

It might be worth responding to the tweet asking for Ridley figures and Ridley plushes.

They also posted this on their Facebook account, so if you don't use twitter, try on there.

If you don't ask, you don't get. It won't hurt to try.
I’m not sure if I’ll do that but dang that Yoshi plushie looks good. I may buy some eventually.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
This relates to Ridley (because he's in the game), but it's more for Metroid in general.

List of NPD 2017 Top 10 best selling 3DS games:
  1. Pokemon: Ultra Sun
  2. Pokemon: Ultra Moon
  3. Pokemon: Sun
  4. Pokemon: Moon
  5. Super Mario Maker
  6. Metroid: Samus Returns
  7. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia
  8. Super Smash Bros.
  9. Mario Kart 7
  10. Poochy and Yoshi’s Wolly World
Between this, the game winning the Best Handheld Game award at The Game Awards, and the game being nominated for Best Handheld Game for the upcoming the 21st Annual DICE Awards, Nintendo should take notice.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This relates to Ridley (because he's in the game), but it's more for Metroid in general.

List of NPD 2017 Top 10 best selling 3DS games:
  1. Pokemon: Ultra Sun
  2. Pokemon: Ultra Moon
  3. Pokemon: Sun
  4. Pokemon: Moon
  5. Super Mario Maker
  6. Metroid: Samus Returns
  7. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia
  8. Super Smash Bros.
  9. Mario Kart 7
  10. Poochy and Yoshi’s Wolly World
Between this, the game winning the Best Handheld Game award at The Game Awards, and the game being nominated for Best Handheld Game for the upcoming the 21st Annual DICE Awards, Nintendo should take notice.
Metroid beat Fire Emblem!? Wow, that's pretty impressive. Even more impressive when you remember that Shadows of Valentia, released back in May, had virtually no competition from other Nintendo games while Samus Returns, released in September, had to fight against FE Warriors, Pokken, M+L, and Odyssey. This gives me further hope that Prime 4 will further renew the interest in the Metroid series.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
MSR only ended up being behind Pokemon gen VII and Mario Maker in the 3DS line? Dang, that's more than I could've hoped for.

So, had this kinda planned or considered for awhile, though was left in the backburner for sometime, between I guess waiting for either me or someone to get around to doing it, but since I had a little extra time today and to finally get it out of the way, made a Ridley fan/support server for anyone interested, since things generally aren't as active around here during these times and since some people are more active/savvy with insta messaging places than forums now.

https://discord.gg/Rqgk6xH

Will still be here too of course, but for anyone who'd also like a discord hangout, there's that option now. Anyone, even if new here is more than welcome.

edit: Made the above invite link a perma one so it won't expire (hopefully).

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace
Samus Returns being #6 on the yearly chart is so cool. Also keep in mind remakes mostly sell worse than mainline entries, so this is the floor, not the ceiling.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Glad to hear that Metroid: Samus Returns remake found success, especially since the lack of success (In Nintendo's eyes) is what keeps them from releasing more entries in the series.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Glad to hear that Metroid: Samus Returns remake found success, especially since the lack of success (In Nintendo's eyes) is what keeps them from releasing more entries in the series.
xD Well, many companies have that one game that think is going to blow, but hilariously enough gets to be even more successful than some of their other works that they put more attention to in some cases. Metroid has given a pretty good example.

:D Also, great to see you around again, PresidentWario!

Chrollo.

fka president wario
xD Well, many companies have that one game that think is going to blow, but hilariously enough gets to be even more successful than some of their other works that they put more attention to in some cases. Metroid has given a pretty good example.

:D Also, great to see you around again, PresidentWario!
Great to see you too Andrea! I hope you've been doing good and are still drawing that wonderful art of Ridley and such, they were always good.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Great to see you too Andrea! I hope you've been doing good and are still drawing that wonderful art of Ridley and such, they were always good.
^u^ I hope the same for ya, my friend! :D And yes, I have! Not as much as before, but when inspiration comes (and I have enough space to put my tablet on)! Thank you so much, glad you like them! :> Do you have a Discord by any chance? Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime made a Ridley group there!

Chrollo.

fka president wario
^u^ I hope the same for ya, my friend! :D And yes, I have! Not as much as before, but when inspiration comes (and I have enough space to put my tablet on)! Thank you so much, glad you like them! :> Do you have a Discord by any chance? Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime made a Ridley group there!
I'm glad you're still drawing nonetheless! And yeah I just made a discord and joined the group on there :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So let’s say Ridley is revealed during the debut player as a playable character on the roster. How would you expect the smash community to react?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So let’s say Ridley is revealed during the debut player as a playable character on the roster. How would you expect the smash community to react?
Smash Community: "error 404: mind not found"

Minecraft Community: "wow that was realy stupid sakuri no one want ridly hes too big and you said so your self give us someone like steve or creeper at least they make sence."

Twitter: "Oh my gosh, I'm definitely bringing back the Bigley meme again!"

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
MSR only ended up being behind Pokemon gen VII and Mario Maker in the 3DS line? Dang, that's more than I could've hoped for.

So, had this kinda planned or considered for awhile, though was left in the backburner for sometime, between I guess waiting for either me or someone to get around to doing it, but since I had a little extra time today and to finally get it out of the way, made a Ridley fan/support server for anyone interested, since things generally aren't as active around here during these times and since some people are more active/savvy with insta messaging places than forums now.

https://discord.gg/8hXs3F

Will still be here too of course, but for anyone who'd also like a discord hangout, there's that option now. Anyone, even if new here is more than welcome.
invite please ;v;

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The community would be psyched. Nearly everyone wants to be a space dragon, even for one moment. The only Smasher that would object, is the one who experienced a gliding lizard landing on them when they were an infant in a baby carriage on that ironically sunny, but mentally horrific and dreary, day.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Metroid: Samus Returns Between this, the game winning the Best Handheld Game award at The Game Awards, and the game being nominated for Best Handheld Game for the upcoming the 21st Annual DICE Awards, Nintendo should take notice.
I'd like to officially announce that my roommate has finished the game, and that I will now be embarking on my first Metroid journey, via Samus Returning. Of course I do not stand in for Nintendo, but even after buying other Metroid games I have not played yet... This one got my attention.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd wonder why they didn't show the Inkling first personally but I imagine the Smash Community would be lit on fire once again as yet another "rule" had been broken. (i.e. No Ridley, stop asking!)

Theory Time!

I actually think Ridley could be in pretty easy but there's one thing preventing him in my mind.
:4bowser:
Namely that Bowser has to be the biggest and heaviest character in the game and Ridley even at Charizard size body wise would have the wing-span ad tail making him larger.
They could resolve to make Ridley the biggest, but make him light for his size (ergo, the TOO BIG jokes become about competitive viability) leaving Bowser as the heaviest but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'd wonder why they didn't show the Inkling first personally but I imagine the Smash Community would be lit on fire once again as yet another "rule" had been broken. (i.e. No Ridley, stop asking!)

Theory Time!

I actually think Ridley could be in pretty easy but there's one thing preventing him in my mind.
:4bowser:
Namely that Bowser has to be the biggest and heaviest character in the game and Ridley even at Charizard size body wise would have the wing-span ad tail making him larger.
They could resolve to make Ridley the biggest, but make him light for his size (ergo, the TOO BIG jokes become about competitive viability) leaving Bowser as the heaviest but I'm not sure that'll happen.
I don't think it's a written rule that Bowser has to be the heaviest fighter. I mean, Palutena can technically run faster than Sonic if she uses Super Speed. But yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't think it should be a problem if Ridley is slightly heavier/lighter than Bowser.

I think Ridley's biggest obstacle is both Metroid's fluctuating relevancy and finding someone who would be willing to take the initiative to create a decent Ridley model. Prime 4 should keep Metroid relevant for a while, so that fixes one problem. The other obstacle depends on who directs the next Smash. I know a playable Ridley is possible, but not everyone is convinced. Hopefully the next development team will be willing to tackle that challenge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom