• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tiers + Lowest Mid Tier project (Last Updated: 13-01-2012)

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
When will they make a Ganondorf only tourny? Watching the best Ganondorfs brawl it out; is by far the most entertaining matches you'll ever see. /Trufax

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Raptor used Lucario on me and won a game doing so, in 1 of the 4 games we played(for some reason, they made us do a 3/5 set in loser's semis). Raptor used Lucario for 3 games and Yoshi for the 4th and lost the whole set.

And Raptor, you told me to "take notes on how to use Lucario" after you beat someone else with Lucario, remember? :awesome:

But yeah, Raptor really just used Lucario in that tourney to fool around, because we were using really laggy TVs, and the tourney was mostly full of randoms. Just give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a pure Yoshi ranking on this one, alright?
Oh, yeah i forgot about that guy. Yeah, you're right though i remember that taking notes part. XD

:phone:

Flayl

Smash Hero
I was out of the qualifying for pro brackets by 1 spot, losing to M2K, Xzax, and No-ID.

The people who got into the pro bracket were in place order:
DeltaCod-13th :yoshi2:
Noid- 33rd :samus2:
Nasty- 33rd :lucas:

Pink Fresh got 25th with both :lucas: and :wario:
I already have those placings, thanks. What I need to know is how many pools there were and what other low tier mains didn't make it out (and by how many spots).

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
There were 16 pools in the tournament.

Kirinblaze (:mario2::link2:) was out by one spot like I was.
Sharky (:yoshi2:) was out by 2 spots
Aposl(:squirtle:) [I don't know what PT's logo is] was out by 3 spots

That's all I can muster. With the new tier list, things are probably going to be shaken up a bit.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's updated. I will remove Sonic and Wolf (and anybody who used them as secondaries) in the end of July. This way I'll have a neat and tidy 1 year worth of results :)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Anybody know if pools results from Genesis are going to be uploaded? I only have info on bracket and a select few players that drowned in first round pools.

edit: Oh snap, just saw pool results are up in AllisBrawl. Expect an update tomorrow.

M@v

Subarashii!
In that case:
Viva Espana!
$5 entry fee , 24 entrants

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307707

I used Zelda as one of my characters to help advance, and got 2nd
Pops used yoshi to advance and got 4th, Col used ike at 7th. I actually saw pops using other low tiers, but don't know if he won.(Ex. went falcon/jiggs against shugo but got 2-0d).

Flayl

Smash Hero
Q: What characters are eligible for the "Normal Tournaments" part of this thread?
A: All low tier characters + the characters in the tier immediately above. As of right now, these characters are: Bowser, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Ike, Jigglypuff, Link, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Ness, Pokémon Trainer, Samus, Sonic, Wolf, Yoshi and Zelda/Sheik.
The lowest-of-mid tier characters are included for comparison to low tier characters as well as themselves, since they do not frequently place top 8.
Any character not listed above used as a secondary invalidates the entry.
Sonic and Wolf will be removed in August.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Sorry I haven't updated this yet but i have been having some trouble with installing ISP at my new place, the ISP here seem to be bureaucratically insane.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Statistics and Charts for August 2010 - July 2011

Number of Normal Tournaments Recorded: 380
(A lot of tournaments did not have players that matched the criteria, so over 400 tournaments were examined)

Number of Low Tier Tournaments Recorded: 8 :glare:
I'm dropping this part of the project entirely. Half of the tournaments that did have a low tier side event also had characters that were not low tier in the Tier List v5

Q: Why is Ness's rating so high?
A: Low popularity combined with FOW and Shaky's placing at Genesis 2.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So with Sonic and Wolf moving up from Low Mid, are they just going to not be counted from now on?

Flayl

Smash Hero
That's exactly what happens. Also I'm removing anybody who used Wolf/Sonic since August 2010 in my new excel file.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's been a while, the most recent results online are July 31. I'm catching up slowly. Should be fully up to date next week.

edit: As a side note I'm going to need help with KTAR 6, there are a bunch of people in the results thread that don't have characters listed.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I put the ones I know for a fact used a low tier (or the couple of mid tiers that are included) and didn't place last.

9: Deltacod:yoshi2:
17: Speed :sonic:
25: San :ike:
25: Pink Fresh :lucas:
33: Mekos :lucas:
33: Seagull Man :wolf:
49: Pane :wolf:
65: Wedge :sonic:
65: Thunderst0rm :luigi2:
65: Aposl :pt:
65: Omari :mario2:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Updated.

I'm not using Meta Knight banned tournaments until January 2012. Starting next year I will split the project for the 2 metagames.

That is if I haven't quit Smash completely for Soul Calibur 5.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I was trying to find where you got that information, specially since it doesn't make any sense to promote 26 people to bracket (how do you reach that number) but yeah it's at the bottom of the post. Not that I don't think your trustworthy, it's just so weird to have 41->26 in bracket.

I'll correct that next update.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was weird. There were 8 pools and top 3 made it out, so it should have been 24, but he let the top 2 of amateur bracket in too. :I

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I wish my state had pools, but we usually only get 16-20 people a tournament lol.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Updated today.

When I do the split, should I start taking results from people that use high tier secondaries/mains? What interests you more, seeing all kinds of results the characters achieve or how far can they go within their limitations?

I'm not willing to do both.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id prefer Lower tiered characters cuz its harder to find their rep and results.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'd rather see how far they can go within their limitations.
Seriously, who would like to see a Zelda main get in top 3 only to see Diddy Kong and MK right next to her in the results thread?
They might as well call themselves A Diddy/MK main depending who they used more for their matches.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter how many points these other low tier characters get or how good they place. I just love seeing the rage, salt, or frustration of a shoruyken on my opponent.

Top Bottom