• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lovers n' Friends Mafia | Ovah

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco is a colossal ****** if town and his meta use is garbage. Could be scum though seeing as how his attack of me was NEVER backed up.
THIS is what I was waiting for you to pull, also why I didn't point everything out and spoon feed you. My meta use is how meta is supposed to be used, and my push on you was highly substantiated. You just absolutely refused to give an adequate defense on your actions, which is plain to see is what I was asking for. The fact you didn't, coupled with I knew you would do this, is why I held out from spoon feeding you. I've seen your play and defense as town, this is not it. This is a flail trying to redirect, and push attention from you by trying to belittle the push on you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
and the fact that you asked me that makes me incredibly nervous about what i just did
No that's asking for substantiation. You can't just throw out blind reads on everyone, claim it gut, and expect it to be taken without scrutiny. It's quite clear to see, and if I felt behooved to, I got almost go about and see you vote or claim suspicion on everyone in this game. It would not be a hard task to do. If you don't know where to look, claim it, don't blindly throw accusation on everyone and feign activity with pointless reads if you have no backing of them. Being weary of everyone is wise, but adamantly casting suspicion everywhere in a game repeatedly is gonna get you killed early in a lot of games around here if it doesn't change after the newness wears off.

Always substantiate your reads. Gut is not substantiation, but can be grounds for weariness of a slot.

Maven89

Smash Master
No that's asking for substantiation. You can't just throw out blind reads on everyone, claim it gut, and expect it to be taken without scrutiny. It's quite clear to see, and if I felt behooved to, I got almost go about and see you vote or claim suspicion on everyone in this game. It would not be a hard task to do. If you don't know where to look, claim it, don't blindly throw accusation on everyone and feign activity with pointless reads if you have no backing of them. Being weary of everyone is wise, but adamantly casting suspicion everywhere in a game repeatedly is gonna get you killed early in a lot of games around here if it doesn't change after the newness wears off.

Always substantiate your reads. Gut is not substantiation, but can be grounds for weariness of a slot.
Now you're just lying. I was only ever suspicious of Potassium and you/Jex, with Gorf being "interesting". That's it. The entire game. It literally went Potassium, Pot/Jex, Jex, Jex/Chaco, Potato again

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm not lying, hahahaha. And votes on various others, why would I lie about your entirely erratic behavior? It's blatantly obvious. Jesus. You just flip flopped from grilling Kantrip last page, and as SOON as you hammer you try and flip to me. Like, wtf? Once again, ii'm gonna bestow upon you the knowledge to sloooow down.

Also, Kantrip, funny you're calling ME a ****** when my vote has stood and others have rallied about it, including Maven with his hammer to immediate flip flop. It was painstakingly clear what I asked of you, and if you're calling me a ****** because you refused to explain your thought process behind your pushes and Orbo buddying, how can I expect anything better of you than to result to mudslinging? Also, that town claim is garbage, it'd surprise the **** out of me from your play if you flipped town.

Maven89

Smash Master
You're getting way too defensive. All I said was "If potassium is town please suspect Chaco". That's entirely dependent on the results of the lynch. That would be my thought, I suspected you before and you were the driving force being Potassium's lynch, but I might be night killed so as my final thought I put it out there. I do not feel this is something that deserves your exaggeration that I threw out suspicion on everyone in the game. I also deny I've been erratic, outside of the very first posts on potato to get things going, I was set on you/jex. You yourself called it "tunnel vision". Then over the last two days I slowly switched my thoughts to Potato. If potato is town I'm back to you start of next game, and wanted my thoughts known in case i can't post them. That's hardly being erratic.

Kantrip

Kantplay
yo chaco im gonna flip town

stop trying to say my lynch was justified and start trying to work off it

Maven89

Smash Master
Potassium I mean I feel that lynch was pretty justified, you tried to take some sort of moral ground and refused to put up any sort of defense. It just looks like you did that because you had no defense, or were waiting for more specific details so you could nit pick

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
A lynch for potassium has been reached!

(4) potassium: chaco, #hbc | rake., #hbc | gorf, maven89
(1) #hbc | gorf: potassium
(0) #hbc | rake.:
(0) chaco:
(0) orboknown:
(0) maven89:
(0) jexs:

Not voting: Orboknown, Jexs
kantrip was a townie

Night starts, mason and mafia send in your actions by 12pm October 4th, EST

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rake (mason recruiter) dead af

deadline is October 12th 11:59:59 pm EST

@bot reset votecount

MODBOT

Smash Apprentice
The vote count has been reset!

(0) maven89:
(0) jexs:
(0) #hbc | gorf:
(0) orboknown:
(0) chaco:

Not voting: #HBC | Gorf, Orboknown, Maven89, Jexs, Chaco

MODBOT

Smash Apprentice
(1) chaco: #hbc | gorf
(0) maven89:
(0) jexs:
(0) #hbc | gorf:
(0) orboknown:

Not voting: Orboknown, Maven89, Jexs, Chaco

Maven89

Smash Master
Gorf you have said that town Potassium seems scummier to you then scum Potassium, so you needed to learn to factor that in. What was different in this game?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i thought he fitted. and i wasnt left thinking whether he was being dumb or scum, which is what i meant by that comment.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I need to re-read this. I feel Gorf is doing PoE by voting on me with what doesn't fit, so by that avenue, it could be presumed to me that he could be scum. But hmm, idk, I'll re-read.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Then by what grounds are you voting me, might I ask?

I can assure you I'm town. Look at my replacement post upon joining in, it's even consistent to how Mac is doing the flips for town. Without a flip or anything, there's no way I could've known that. Even though, I'm not scum. Welcome to questions, and any suspicion you might have of me.

Anyways, I'll be re-reading the latter part of the day again shortly.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@ Orboknown Orboknown What? I was saying I felt Gorf was using PoE in order to attack me.

Anyways, looking back, I'm not entirely certain. I had Gorf and Rake coupled as town, but hmm, with Rake dead, and looking at Kantrip's reads....Gorf looks very likely as scum. That is PoE, however, a scum team? I don't see a clear cut option yet. I don't think JeXs is scum, due to his reactions and how he played. Maven is....eh. I don't like reading new players, the way he bounds back and forth would almost assure scum to me, but he's new, so Idk. Orbo, I don't know about for sure either. I really need to re-read closer and get a better feel. But, right now, my bets on Gorf scum.

Also, never mind about the townie tell thing, I new the set up and didn't look at Mac's set up infro so he clearly states it as like "you townie"....lol

Maven89

Smash Master
Cool.

I'd say again that I did not flip back and forth. I had Jex/Chaco, who I basically consider one as I suspected them together and either being cleared would have cleared the other, then Potassium which was a mistake that I made by following Chaco's posts. Potassium's flip (or the possibility of him flipping) town made me go back to my first hunch. The only possible "flipping back and forth" I could have had would be switching from Jex/Chaco to Potato. Potato is confirmed town, you cannot point to someone leaving that train of thought as "switching", no more then you can say Chaco suspecting Gorf is "switching"

Jex you were very active, but as soon as Potato was brought up you basically vanished. Why did you not participate in this, when you have been saying Potato was suspicious for several days?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't think knowing how Mac talks can really be used as a defense.
That's why I said ignore that, it's null. I hadn't seen that's how he had it described in the Original post, merely what he PM'd me. I knew the set up so I didn't look at his set up post of it. Lovers and Friends is a common open game.

Anyways, Maven, the way you worded your last post almost makes me want to lynch you. You almost make it sound as if after you hammered Kantrip you knew he was town and then defected back to me after that deed was done... I'm not gonna look to much into it, but the way you say it, barring if this wasn't your first game, would make me have my vote on you posthaste.

Maven89

Smash Master
What do you mean I vanished?
You didn't post or give your thoughts

[quote="Chaco, post: 17725519,Anyways, Maven, the way you worded your last post almost makes me want to lynch you. You almost make it sound as if after you hammered Kantrip you knew he was town and then defected back to me after that deed was done... I'm not gonna look to much into it, but the way you say it, barring if this wasn't your first game, would make me have my vote on you posthaste.[/quote]

You were part of this conversation, I assumed you would remember it. Potato was hammered by me, then posted saying that he was going to flip town. I then said (paraphrasing here), "If this is true and there's a D2 please suspect Chaco". You then immediately accused me of flipping. The "possibility of him being town" remark I made was because I was acknowledging that he hadn't been officially confirmed town.

Maven89

Smash Master
ebwop, same as above

[quote="Chaco, post: 17725519],Anyways, Maven, the way you worded your last post almost makes me want to lynch you. You almost make it sound as if after you hammered Kantrip you knew he was town and then defected back to me after that deed was done... I'm not gonna look to much into it, but the way you say it, barring if this wasn't your first game, would make me have my vote on you posthaste.[/quote]

You were part of this conversation, I assumed you would remember it. Potato was hammered by me, then posted saying that he was going to flip town. I then said (paraphrasing here), "If this is true and there's a D2 please suspect Chaco". You then immediately accused me of flipping. The "possibility of him being town" remark I made was because I was acknowledging that he hadn't been officially confirmed town.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Juust cause he posted he was flipping town didn't mean it was true at the time, sometimes people do that just to build suspense and the like.

Top Bottom