• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Louisville KY s2d tournament a few times a monthly. 08/29/09

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
there is a group from east coast going. chibo sempai, rogue pit, and others. xisin, i think we have a crew battle against them. us and the gk's. or something.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
He doesnt even play the game.
-.-

I'm really confused at the schedule we're going to be having for the next few weeks. All I know is that we're going to springfield on the 20th, and maybe the 13th. But we may end up staying here on the 13th for S2D since we're never here.

But lately he's canceled two of the four weekends each month. At times it works out, and we already have traveling plans for the days he cancels. But at other times we're left with no tournament to go to, or we dont feel like traveling a second weekend in a row.

Question. I need ideas for a venue anywhere nearby (preferably louisville area). I'm getting tired of the S2D tournaments and want to hold something serious (singles, doubles, pools, an actual tournament). It wouldnt be a weekly thing, just something I'd fit between larger tournaments that we'd be able to draw in Eastern Kentucky and Ohio.

Ideas?

jbeeber95

Smash Apprentice
s2d tournies are getting annoying honestly. "lets cancel every other 2 weeks for magic." >.> it sucks. Mabey a church that someone in the louisville smash scene goes to.

btw, did i hear about a small smash fest friday at s2d? :O

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
DUDE CHURCH OMG HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF SOUTHEASTERN?!!?!?!?! ITS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE AT LEAST ^ MIDWEST CIRCUITS WITH AN EXTRA BUILDING TO SPARE. WE SHOULD TALK TO THE OWNER ABOUT LETTING US USE IT FOR A BIG EAST COAST TOURNEY! zOMG XD

neways yeah so theres a tournament on the 6th at S2d? thats fine. I honestly think i wont be traveling anymore. Idk we'll see.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lmao you guys
i already found a venue ^_^

furthermore churches are often reluctant to rent out for very long periods of time

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Are we going to have a smashfest Friday? Anyone going to S2D. I really want to play bunches of friendlies.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll be making it to oxmoor tomorrow to get some practice in, and am trying to get a group to go. Calic and 9 may end up showing. As well as joey, oreo, kip, and crash who i havent spoken to yet, but should be good for hit.

What time are we talkin harbinger?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Harbinger, hopefully you see this soon. I'll be at oxmoor at sometime between like 12:00 and 1:00, and will be there for a few hours afterwards. I'll be leaving pretty soon actually haha.

So just show up whenever you can. I'm not sure how many people I'll be able to get to show up (calic and 9 may not be able to make it, sadly).

Edit: If you need to get ahold of me, my number's (502) 296-8932

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Announcements :D

First of all, louisville will be holding a tournament in... well... not louisville :x

calic managed to get ahold of the venue he works at that we'll be able to use for a tournament. It's scheduled for near the 11th of July, and we're able to use it the friday beforehand as well, all night. EVERYONE needs to go! It's in Indiana, but it's only about twenty minutes from oxmoor so nobody has an excuse ;D

Also, if possible, I'd want cincinnati and others to show up as well :D

Also, becuase there's some that havent known about it, i'm gonna repost the chat that the kentucky people (and like three other states now @_@) use.

xat.com/alaarcana

Mr. 9

Smash Cadet
EVERYONE needs to go!
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSS!!!!! :bee: Greatest idea we've ever had. :bee:

Also, I can vouch that the venue is legit (so can hilt really >.>). We can fit plenty of people in there, and there's a grocery store right across the street, so if you wanna go get a box of Christmas tree-shaped snack cakes and a 12-pack of Dr. Pepper before the tournament, you totally can. :)

wangston

Smash Lord
Anyone want to see texture hacks this saturday??? I'm assuming there is still homebrew on the wiis. Also I have the recording hacks for infinite replay and saved tags on the replay so I could record some stuff. Mostly I just want to play with my own texture I made. Also can I get some one to put their cables on the middle tv because mine don't work on that one.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I have texture hacks on my SD card as well. I wouldnt mind being able to use them on the TVs but there'll probably be johns abound, for them.

As for the cables, we'd need to buy another pair. Tactical was suppose to buy the third set, but he wrecked his car and got broke. >.>

lil cj, awesome! Glad you're showing up again. :D

wangston

Smash Lord
I have texture hacks on my SD card as well. I wouldnt mind being able to use them on the TVs but there'll probably be johns abound, for them.

As for the cables, we'd need to buy another pair. Tactical was suppose to buy the third set, but he wrecked his car and got broke. >.>
We will tell them no johns. I also have the replay hack so it makes getting video easier for me. We should do a vote for texture hacks, or we an have a tv without them and those that feel like johning can use that tv. I'm going to bring my cables we need to try them on a tv that isn't the center.

Also I'm bring Mach, lvl 0, Arbys, and Joe. So that is 5 people if you count me.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wangston, if the only texture hack you're wanting to use is your falco one, you should throw it on my SD card so we can use both of our textures at the same time =D

And I'm all for having texture hacks in tournament (They used them for the circuit event in kahoka lol).

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
nah, i just have a bunch that I've downloaded >.>

Havent taken the time to make my own, though I probably should :D (because all of the olimar textures suck -.-)

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Psh, I thought the Tingle one rocked. I'm willing to chip in for cables if we don't have a 3rd set.

Anyone up for smash practice tommorow?

Oh, I got into UofL med school today. Go me!

wangston

Smash Lord
nah, i just have a bunch that I've downloaded >.>

Havent taken the time to make my own, though I probably should :D (because all of the olimar textures suck -.-)
I have have like 3 or more for everyone on their colors that aren't red,blue, or green. We should both bring ours cause I'm sure with both selected some diffrent colors. We can have two tv's with texture and one with out for those who feel iffy on texture hacks.

Oh, I got into UofL med school today. Go me!
Congrats man that's awesome. I hoping to get in to med school in the future. What kind of doctor are you thinking about being?

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I really have no idea, there are just so many areas of medicine that I have no idea whether I would like it or not. Pathologist, Urologist, OB/GYN, General surgeon....I probably won't know until rotations my third and fourth year of med school. What about you?

wangston

Smash Lord
I really have no idea, there are just so many areas of medicine that I have no idea whether I would like it or not. Pathologist, Urologist, OB/GYN, General surgeon....I probably won't know until rotations my third and fourth year of med school. What about you?
haha same I really don't know yet. There are just so many options. But i've still got 3 years of undergrad to do.

FailProofFrank

Smash Cadet
Yo everybody. Just throwin it out there that myself and two other dudes from WV may be coming in to this tournament. Cant wait to see all you guys there when/if we make it lol...

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
There will only be singles at this tournament. The tournaments are for the most part casual ($5 entry fee, bracket only >.> ). We would like to do doubles as well, but we most likely wont have the time for it, and it would have to be after the main tournament.

And again, awesome that you guys are showing up :D
(especially since it's like a 3-4 hour drive :x )

Top Bottom