• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I think everybody called
Chang being Miles' father
from the beginning of this season, but for lols, I'm putting it in spoiler tags.

Oh, and poop on ABC for making us wait an extra week with some lame clip show.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
****... I read some pretty epic spoilers.

Daniel Faraday is the son of Widmore and Hawkins, and he attempts to meet her on the island. She ends up killing him. Also, there are reports that someone will die in major "Charlie-esque" manner. They also said that the person and Charlie have one polar opposite physical aspect
- if interested, http://spoilerfix.com/lost.php

Oddly enough, even with these spoilers, I can't wait to see the episodes even more than before.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Honestly I don't think they needed to make
Faraday the son of Widmore, it just seems like they're trying to make every family link they can now simply because they can
. As for
the 'major death' it apparently won't be Sayid or Jack and I think I heard Sawyer is fine though I could be wrong about the last one. I'm going to guess Juliet, being a woman is pretty physically opposite from Charlie.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Response:

Faraday being the son of Widmore and Hawkins works because it explains why old Hawkins was so set on getting people back to the island, and how she knew so much about it/the time traveling quality of it. The idea with the island is that you cannot really know about it now unless you have been there. Widmore being a teenager at the time explains how he got to the island, and being the leader of the Hostiles, yeah he probably had sex. My guess on the death: Hurley

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Lost needs to stop
killing off new characters. Seriously. Desmond, Ben, Juliet, and Miles are the only main characters left not from season one.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yep. Dead on.

Faraday's death was surprising, but at the same time, it was expected. Daniel's mother clearly sent him back to die so the Oceanic Six could continue his mission. Meaning: had Daniel lived and done whatever it is he was going to do that young Ellie knew about, it may have altered things even worse.

The whole scene with young Charlotte was pretty awesome/sad because we already know she doesn't listen.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Dang it. I knew Faraday would die eventually, not because of spoilers, but because it always seemed like he was put there just to explain time travel. I guess he's halfway fulfilled his purpose, and his journal can do the rest. They do need to quit killing all the cool new characters. Take Dan to the Temple! Where are Sayid, and Rose and Bernard and the others?!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Well, I have to say that the passing episode was kind of depressing. I liked Faraday, I think the death was nice, but the timing was god awful.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
A thought: The fact that Daniel's attempt to change things resulted in his death (as it always did) would suggest that you can't change the past as he changed thought. I'm kind of curious if the show meant Daniel's death as that because if so it kinda of renders Jack's plans to stop the crash obsolete. So are we still working under the assumption that the past can changed? To me Dan's death seems to have shot (no pun intended) that theory down.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
But he didn't know he would die, otherwise he would have tried. I mean, you can't change what you don't know... Although I think I get what you're saying... It's a good point, and I think that the writers might be trying to make a point with his death. We'll see, because Kate and Jack seem to have taken the reins on this new plan...

Does anyone like the 'changing the past' idea? I honestly hate it. I was happy with that rule. >_>

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm thinking that they can't change the past, but they can change the future. And because they're in the past, they can change their current future (1978+), but not what happened to them. So if they do prevent the incident from happening, then the kid version of the Losties (which are mainly alive at this point) won't crash. But that won't change the current ones. Think of it like an alternative timeline, though I hate that term. So Jack A, the one we're following, is pretty much a new person then Jack B, which is the Jack that's around 10 now. If they prevent the Incident, Jack B will never become Jack A, but Jack A isn't going to phase out. He's still there.

Personally, I'm hoping that will happen and that the people on the island will go back to 2008, just because I want to see season 6 return to the season 1 theme of purpose/science/faith stuff . Locke was resurrected, which would be a big score for faith, while Jack just prevented all of it from happening, which would be a big kick in the balls for destiny. They would of both been "tested" in a way, with Jack returning due to thinking he has a destiny there, and Locke almost killing himself because he thinks it's useless, and both then had something major happen that strengthened their belief in their old way of thinking. I think it'd be pretty cool to see them butting heads after that stuff happens.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm hoping that will happen and that the people on the island will go back to 2008, just because I want to see season 6 return to the season 1 theme of purpose/science/faith stuff.
Speaking of this, I was wondering the other day... why do they consider Jack a man of science? He's not really a science person at all, yet they keep trying to make him one. If anything Faraday would be a Man of Science, not Jack

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Well that was from Season 1, where there wasn't much science stuff going on and Jack, being a surgeon, was also very "scientific" about things. He didn't believe in silly things and was very skeptical, which made him the "man of science". The whole title of that just comes from the season finale "man of science, man of faith"

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
lol

I already can't remember, but probably because the season finale looks like its overshadowing everything. I can promise all of you that I'm probably going to be crying next wednesday like I nearly did for Charlie (which is probably the most epic scene ever filmed for me personally). this episode—Oh my god, I just remembered.

Locke is becoming a huge force in LOST, not that he wasn't beforehand. he is really stirring **** up.
He says he wants to kill Jacob? I'm also VERY disappointed in Ben, whose already becoming a malicious ******* again. I'm very worried about Locke at this point. Richard also seems like he's becoming far more sinister than usual, and I think that he might be more than we initially thought. He seems to be manipulated at times, but he seems more deep at this point.

EDIT: I'm typing this at school, and for some reason, parts of my post are screwed up, so ignore anything you don't understand. Sorry.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Locke is funny. Ben's face after Locke told him he was gonna kill Jacob was also great. What exactly comes with the job of being leader of the Others anyway? Also, how did Locke know where to find Richard and his group of Others (and why are the rest at the Temple)?

All the Hurley scenes were quite hilarious too, especially when he was getting interrogated by Dr. Chang. Radzinsky and Phil are punks, and Horace is the worst leader ever. Sayid just kinda came out of nowhere and doesn't look like he has any idea what's going on, but who knows, maybe he's an expert on hydrogen bombs too.

The promo for the season finale doesn't show too much happening, but that's because a lot is going to happen. Oh snap, Jack has a bomb!

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Locke is starting to remind me of an Antichrist-type figure...
Rise to power, fatal wound, persuasion by deceit, plan to kill Jacob.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I'm not sure how I feel about the new John, I mean he's still crazy but it's a different kind of crazy.

Also lol:

Lesleyk

Smash Apprentice
Don't you guyz think that Jacob is maybe someone from the past ? It struck me today after watching episode 15. Richard told them that he saw everyone die.
But how is that possible when half the people from the village are all on the sub :ohwell:
The reason why I think Jacob is someone from the past is because the so-called leaders all go to him for awnsers, the only way to know everything is when you gone through everything.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm not sure how I feel about the new John, I mean he's still crazy but it's a different kind of crazy.
I like new John. :) For once, it looks like he knows what he's actually doing. Before he was a man of faith and guesswork. Now he's like... resurrected and full of after-death wisdom, or something.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I've heard we'll see the others in the Finale

also, I'm thinking that Jack will have a chance to detonate the bomb and do what Faraday said, but he'll end up choosing not to.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I guess this is spoiler worthy, so:

"All I will say is that it is time for the time travel craziness to end," he said. "And once it does end, something very, very surprising will happen in its wake. It is a little bit of a game-changer," [Damon Lindelof revealed.] Source: The Ausiello Files

05/08 - Damon [Lindelof] said that when the show ends, "All of the character resolutions will be very defined. There is going to be no cut to black. The show for me and Carlton Cuse and J.J. Abrams and all the people writing it-it's not about the Island. The Island is where it takes place. It's about this group of people who crashed on the Island on Sept. 22, 2004 and how they influenced the history of the Island in some ways and had a very significant and pivotal role to play there. You're going to see that role play out, and their fates will all be resolved by the end of the series- that's the story that we're telling. In terms of every little bit of minutiae about the Island itself...There will be questions left unanswered after the show ends." Libby's story will not be wrapped up on the show. Said Damon, "I have learned that if you kill someone off the show, they are less likely to cooperate with you." Basically, Cynthia Watros is busy until further notice, and they can't explain Libby without her, at least not in any way that shows her story rather than annoyingly tells her story. What's the takeaway for us fans? Next time you've got Damon cornered, don't waste your breath asking about Libby. Instead, bust his chops about another very important blonde: Claire! Where is that little minx, anyway?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Season Finale Spoilers:

Oh my ****ing God.

That finale was ****ing crazy. First off, it's apparent Locke is dead, and the man in his place, or the thing in his place, has a secret agenda. It's actually hard to tell whether or not Jacob is evil, or this Locke clone is evil.

Juliet, I love you! *sobs*

I'm lost for words (lol, pun). All I have to say is that I love Juliet, Sawyer, Jack and Kate — the entire cast. I can't wait for the last year of LOST. This thread can now proceed to die for half a year. ^_^

note; I'm confused about the "what lies behind the statue" bit? Did anyone catch what Richard responded with?

Juliet, I love you!

Thank God for Sun finding the Drive Shaft ring. Also, guitar in cab is probably Charlie's. Any other things you guys noticed?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Season Finale Spoilers:

Oh my ****ing God.

That finale was ****ing crazy. First off, it's apparent Locke is dead, and the man in his place, or the thing in his place, has a secret agenda. It's actually hard to tell whether or not Jacob is evil, or this Locke clone is evil.

Juliet, I love you! *sobs*

I'm lost for words (lol, pun). All I have to say is that I love Juliet, Sawyer, Jack and Kate — the entire cast. I can't wait for the last year of LOST. This thread can now proceed to die for half a year. ^_^

note; I'm confused about the "what lies behind the statue" bit? Did anyone catch what Richard responded with?

Juliet, I love you!

Thank God for Sun finding the Drive Shaft ring. Also, guitar in cab is probably Charlie's. Any other things you guys noticed?
I agree, I agree.

Oh My Gosh. I think that was the best season finale ever; if not one of the best episode(s) ever.

Juliet! *sobs* Juliet! *sobs some more* JULIET!!!! *cries pathetically*

I thought it was kinda weird how Jacob managed to get inserted into the 815 survivor's lives, but Jacob himself seemed like a cool guy. I don't like how they just walked in and killed him (?).

Rose and Bernard! And Vincent! But where are the other survivors? Are they dead? WHERE IS DESMOND AND WHY DID HE MISS ALL THIS?!

I loved all the references to everything in the past. IT was just great and seemed to get everything tied up for the final season. I was speechless at the end.

JULIET!

*cut to white*

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Before I get into my thoughts, I realized with this episode how much Lost references the bible.
First, "Locke" mentions that despite all his sacrifices, the island still turns on Ben. This is an allusion to Abraham (giving up his first born, believing based on faith), Moses (leading his people as the island tells him without any sense of real direction), and Job. Finally, Jacob has the power of resurrection, as he did with Locke, and Ben commits deicide (the act of killing a god) by killing the person who controls the island. This is all just my observations, but it hit me really hard during Locke's conversation with Ben.

Now, my thoughts:

First, this is the best episode I have seen in a long time. I am physically excited. There was SO much revealed at once that it is really hard to take in, but they did a great job in pulling viewers for the next year.

Secondly, we finally found out what Jack's purpose was to return to the island: he had to encourage Richard. Richard was giving up on Locke because he wasn't special, but Jack's passing words of "don't give up on him," kept him going. So far everyone had a purpose but Jack, and his is now established.

Next, the translation will be posted soon on this site:http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Incident,_Parts_1_&_2 . I would check tomorrow or Friday, but I can guarantee it'll be there soon.

Juliet dying was horrible. I loved the development of this character and how she actually was able to guide Sawyer. Her death was definitely a sad moment.

The actual nuke was an interesting thing. Miles brought up an excellent point that being "what if the nuke IS the incident?" It likely killed everyone around the blast zone, but being so far underground, it may not have. As Sayid said in season 2 when they were in the hatch and he was asked about the concrete, and he responded "I have only seen concrete this thick at Chernobyl" (paraphrased). Concrete can seal in radiation leaks, so this idea is DEFINITELY a possibility, but whatever happens, it'll change the show as Damon Lindelof had said.

And finally, the big one - who the **** was that guy? Locke's character became so different this season. When he spoke to Richard, he was pretty hostile, but I never for a second guessed that the man we thought was Locke was not. So, it seems the island has the ability to create ageless people as seen with this man (whatever he is), Jacob, and Richard. I never thought that Locke really died in Season 4 nor did I think his body would be in the case. I made a joke that this was the second season that lock was shown dead at the end.

All in all, ****, this year will suck.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, the scene where all the metal was being pulled into the hole made me laugh... I mean, metal spikes appear out of nowhere and fly into that guy... and then these random chains wrap around kate's feet... It reminded me of old horror movies lol.

D

Deleted member

HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY ****TTTTTTTTTTTTTtttttttttttttt THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For some reason, the scene where all the metal was being pulled into the hole made me laugh... I mean, metal spikes appear out of nowhere and fly into that guy... and then these random chains wrap around kate's feet... It reminded me of old horror movies lol.
Well, in Lost's defense, it was a construction site; all of that would be there ("Spikes" were rebar).

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'll probably write a larger thing later, but I'm really pleased with Jacob. Mainly his constantly saying "you have a choice" about everything, instead of telling people what that choice is

Meeshy

Smash Rookie
I **** bricks. Big ones.
^ This.

I'm so mad that they even implied that Juliet died. All of the cool girls die off, don't they? Anna-Lucia, Juliet, Libby.... It's so frustrating. ><

Other than that, I think it was a pretty good season finale. That cliffhanger is going to be excruciating all summer, though.
And I was hoping to see what Claire is doing. I have missed an episode or two this season, but as far as I know Claire is still in Jacob's hut with her/Jack's dad, isn't she? Or have I missed something about her?

And is anybody else feeling sympathy for Ben, yet? I've always kind of had a soft spot for him, but the rest of my family still hates his "weasily little guts". o.o

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Other than that, I think it was a pretty good season finale. That cliffhanger is going to be excruciating all summer, though.
Not to disappoint you, but it won't be back until next year (2010).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Does anyone else think that
Juliet might have survived whatever happened after she set off the bomb? Because if she didn't survive...then I don't think anyone else who was at the site survived either, and that was half the cast. I don't think they're going to reset the series either; I really hope that somehow they all manage to flashforward to 2007 so everyone can be together on the island (yay). Before he died, Jacob said "they're coming", maybe he meant the survivors in 1977?

Also, the scene from The Little Prince (I think that was it) where Ajira people are shooting at Sawyer, Juliet, etc. on outriggers (and one of them gets shot) still hasn't happened yet. When does that take place?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Well if Juliette isn't dead it's only because the plan worked and their plane doesn't crash in which case she's not in the show because they're not on the island (at least at the start of the season) and with Elizabeth Mitchell being in the new 'V' series (though I believe she's just a recurring character or something) her chances aren't great though I really hope she's still alive in some way shape or form, after all: anything's possible on Lost.

Also how long before we don't have to use spoiler tags to talk about this season?

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
It's been two days, how 'bout now?

This episode was awesome.

Doppelganger Locke came out of nowhere. I had been thinking there was a body in the crate, but my friends and I were guessing it was Jacob.

I called Juliet's death before the episode started, as a guess. I didn't want her to die, she's one of my favorite characters, but I knew they weren't going to kill off any of the more "important" ones, like Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, etc (which sucks, since those guys, esp Kate, get on my nerves). I thought the ending with the negative of the LOST title card was awesome. It's gonna be a tough seven months (assuming they start in January again).

I really want to rewatch it, but I've got to study for my last final exam. I'll probably end up watching it again over the weekend.

This was a great episode. It was really interesting, loved the plot twist(s), and it's got me really excited for next season.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Why are you guys saying that Juliet is dead? Everyone else was right in the blastzone. Unless Faraday was wrong, and just killed half the main cast.

Top Bottom