• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
There was no blood on the back of his jacket. For a 12 year old, there will be an exit wound. Also, Ben has been beaten up and abused a few times through his life, if he was like Jacob or Richard, he wouldn't have that quality. I think it'd be neat, but it seems like a stretch. I think Ben lives, and this is the event that pushes him towards become more stoic, more trained, and more dangerous. If he begins his planning strategies thing at a young age, he'll be quite adept by the time he is even 30. If he begins to learn how to be patient as well (Richard said to be patient, but Ben wanted to escape now and got shot for it), then Ben will be quite patient later in life.

I think this is the event to change him.
That's a very good point. But while you could say that, I do think there's something not right about Ben. This isn't a theory, I'm just speculating and wishful thinking, but Ben seems to be 'mysterious'. He's obviously not ageless like Richard, or seemingly 'demonic' like Jacob, but he may have a certain quality of him we haven't seen yet.

The only thing we know about him is he's manipulative and very intelligent. Some have speculated he knows a lot of the future or has already been there. I don't know what to think, but I don't think he's as simple as some of us believe.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The only thing we know about him is he's manipulative and very intelligent. Some have speculated he knows a lot of the future or has already been there. I don't know what to think, but I don't think he's as simple as some of us believe.
He knows a lot of the future because maybe someone told him about it?
With Ben, he went from a 10-year-old in the woods who wanted to go with Richard, to a genocidal maniac who murdered his own father. Something happened there.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
He knows a lot of the future because maybe someone told him about it?
With Ben, he went from a 10-year-old in the woods who wanted to go with Richard, to a genocidal maniac who murdered his own father. Something happened there.
Yeah, someone theorized that old Ben told his young self the future. It's a stretch.

lol Something did happen, and I hope that the reason isn't just because he was abused. Obviously, because he just got shot, something more happens.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I've been thinking about stuff, and for the first time in a really long time I've come up with some sort of ultra-theory, which isn't very crazy but whatever.

I think that the people on flight 815 were suppose to do something, something very important, but that some event happened beforehand, before they even got on the plane, that made it so that it's possible that whatever they do could possibly not happen. I think Ben and Widmoore know this, and they both want the event to happen, but because the future is uncertain and they hate eachother they're both fighting with eachother to come out ahead of the other person. So they're both "good guys", but they're not on the same side. I think that what they were suppose to do didn't happen, but that there is a chance to fix it, somehow. Maybe it was the "incident" that ****ed it up? I also don't think that they'll change the future, or make it so that what they did didn't happen beforehand (such as changing the "incident" so that they did what they were suppose to do, aka no oceanic 6 occurring and stuff).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
um ...?
say that again, but like you are explaining it to a 4 year old

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think that the people on from flight 815 were suppose to do something, that I'll call Event A. As we know, time cannot be changed. But I think that because of another, earlier event, then I'll call Event B, that it made it so that Event A might not happen.This is why they're doing things that "they're not suppose to", like the fact that "they were not suppose to leave".

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
FYI, I so called Ben getting shot as the one thing to change him.

This episode tried to answer the time issues and managed to basically do it - everyone came back for a reason. Sayid - to shoot Ben. Kate - to save Ben and bring him to the others. We just have Jack and Hurley left. The story is getting good.

Eor has a valid point too.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
FYI, I so called Ben getting shot as the one thing to change him.

This episode tried to answer the time issues and managed to basically do it - everyone came back for a reason. Sayid - to shoot Ben. Kate - to save Ben and bring him to the others. We just have Jack and Hurley left. The story is getting good.

Eor has a valid point too.
Ah! Stop there!

While you're right, I also believed something would happen to Ben, something unnatural. While there's no solid evidence, it's basically implied that he would be changed somehow.

Good call, though.

Oh, and do you recall the problem Hurley and Miles came up with? About Ben not knowing Sayid tried to kill him? Interesting. Maybe he was changed by the Others in a dramatic way?

Also, next week's episode looks fricken amazing. Can't wait.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
Ah! Stop there!

Oh, and do you recall the problem Hurley and Miles came up with? About Ben not knowing Sayid tried to kill him? Interesting. Maybe he was changed by the Others in a dramatic way?
Didn't Richard answer this when he said "he [ben] won't remember any of this and he'll never be the same"?

I think this season has been okay, so far. I feel like I'm not enjoying it as much as some of the others, but next episode is a Ben episode (I think), and Ben is awesome. I feel like once I see the end of the season and rewatch the episodes I'll like 'em a lot more.

I wish they'd bring Dan back, he was great.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So it seems like a lot of the Oceanic 815 survivors that hated Ben had some little part in making him who he would eventually become. Sayid shot him, of course, and Jack refused to operate on him, which would have saved Sawyer and Kate the trouble of bringing him to the Hostiles to be saved. I wonder what Richard is about to do to Ben in the Temple? I feel like a lot of questions are going to be answered in the next episode, which looks like it's going to be really good. Indiana Ben!

Speaking of Kate, I feel like her character was kind of redeemed in this episode. She's got a real purpose on the Island now: to find Claire and bring her back to Aaron. Seeing her leave Aaron behind was kinda sad for me :(.

Also: Where the heck are Daniel and Desmond?!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Didn't Richard answer this when he said "he [ben] won't remember any of this and he'll never be the same"?

I wish they'd bring Dan back, he was great.
****, I completely missed that. Thanks.

Dan'll probably have a role later involving the red head (her name?).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
And quite dead. I think the actress already is done with the show.

Also, if you watch the preview there is a flash with Ben with a gun on a pier, so looks like they might answer where Desmond/Penny is.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Because of how awesome I find the Ben character, I think this next episode is gonna be my favorite for this season (next to the finale possibly).

I really think this week's episode helped me like Kate more as well. I've been sort of hating on her, thinking that Sawyer was going to leave Juliet for her, which would've been lame. Now that I know what her purpose for going back to the island is, I find her story a lot more interesting. I've been wondering wtf happened to Claire, so I'm hoping we get some sort of answer there.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't like her either, but I have an underlying dislike for red heads...despite a good friend of mine has red hair...

One thing that interested me about the 'up-coming' episode is that Ben said, and I paraphrase, "I won't be able to control what's coming [out of the island]". We constantly see the island's monster 'judging' people, so will we see Ben go head-to-head with it?

shmookiewookie bear

Smash Cadet
okay so I got all behind in watching lost and need to watch all the seasons again... I just started watching season 1 and im currently one episode 3... my goal is to finish all 5 seasons by the end of summer... is LOST still worth watching??????

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Definitely

And come on man, you can do it faster then that! I made my roomate watch season 5 with me even though he's never seen any episodes before, he got hooked so I brought him the earlier seasons, he watched them all in about three weeks and is now caught up. He watched all of season 3-4 in three days! Be a man, sit down and just watch a television show all day

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Aww, c'mon CK? Who would've really gotten offended at that? :D

Anyways, stumbled across an interesting spoiler (been trying to be spoiler-free this season, but this one sneaked up on me). View at own risk.

This season's finale is called "The Incident." Guess we know where this season's sorta heading.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
In a total "I took it seriously" kind of way, you are so effing creepy, CK. I guess my blood is urine according to my name's color.

Anyways, stumbled across an interesting spoiler (been trying to be spoiler-free this season, but this one sneaked up on me). View at own risk.

This season's finale is called "The Incident." Guess we know where this season's sorta heading.
Pics or it didn't happen...

No, really, where'd you get that?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I can verify that spoiler. There are actually a lot of spoilers that are leaked about Lost, but yeah I've seen that spoiler on verifying websites

RazeveX

Smash Ace
It's not a spoiler...well maybe, but its not a big one for me.

Hell, they first said it in the OFFICIAL LOST PODCAST, and they're as anti spoiler as anyone gets.

And, they said it doesn't confirm that it will relate to certain things you might be thinking of...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Tonight's episode was good, but being a Ben-centric episode, I was really hoping for more. Again, episode was good, I think I just overhyped myself.

I liked the temple scenes, though.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I liked today's episode, especially since it focused on Ben and Locke (probably my two favorite living characters). The part with Alex was creepy, but pretty awesome. Ben shooting Cesar was probably my first "shocker" moment in awhile (possibly of the whole season).

I'm also looking forward to next week's episode, as I really like Miles as well.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, I think I really overhyped this episode. It was still cool though. Ben summons the Monster using...an ancient Egyptian toilet?

At least nothing happened to Desmond or Penny. I think something might have happened to Ilana and maybe some of the other 316 survivors. "The shadow of the statue?" I can't believe Ben was thinking of killing Locke for the third (?) time. Good thing Crazy Alex put him in his place. Is he...a good guy now?

I'm looking forward to next episode, because we finally get something about Miles nearly two seasons after he appears.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ben only killed Locke once.

A lot of things were addressed:

Charles hated Ben because he was banished.
The monster comes from the Egyptians.
Ben allowing Alex to die was what the island had wanted (since he was allowed to live).
Penny and Desmond are okay.
Sayid's bounty hunter has something going on with the island.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I wouldn't try and kill a guy that's already come back to life once. :ohwell:

I think Ilana's reminiscent of Ana Lucia, but she will probably have a much more important role. I wouldn't say she's directly connected to the island just yet; perhaps she's under orders from someone?

The smoke monster appears in the Egyptian drawings, but can we say it really originates from Egypt/Egyptians? Anubis (I think that's who it was in the drawing) looked like he was kneeling to it, which might put the monster above him, and the drawing of the monster itself looked a little out of place with the rest of the Egyptian symbols...but I dunno.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It could just be that the Monster was around for a long time, and that the Egyptians found the Island and worshiped it

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I went back and started watching some eps from season one today and it really is quite bizarre. From where it started to where we are now is like two different shows.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Weird, I started from the start again as well.

It's cool being able to watch this time, and know the answers to some of the bigger mysteries that aren't revealed until like, 4 seasons later. :)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
So I liked Miles, and we finally got an episode for him. Now I like him even more. They still didn't explain his power (will they ever), but I guess that's something for the future.

Daniel Faraday's back! ...in two weeks.

Top Bottom