• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I have season one on dvd and I'll definatly get season two.

Next season they're getting rid of repeats.

It starts in October and runs to November with 7 episodes, then breaks for two months and returns until May with 15 straight episodes.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Spoilerfix.com said:
05/25 - Producers of ABC's hit series Lost [...] told SCI FI Wire that it sets up the upcoming third season, which will focus more on romance—and on the mysterious Others. "The Others are an important part of season three, and there's a lot of mysteries and a lot of questions about the Others that the audience is going to be curious about going into season three," said executive producer Carlton Cuse in an interview. "And those are the things we're going to explore." Cuse added: "There will definitely be some new characters on the show next year. ... Obviously, Michael Emerson, who plays Henry Gale, he's someone who's going to be very prominent in the show next year." Fans were also introduced to a new character who promises to figure in next season's storylines: Penelope Widmore, played by Sonya Walger. [...] "I'm excited about love in season three," said executive producer Bryan Burk, adding: "Don't forget now the people have been on the island for 60-plus days. They're now obviously more familiar with each other. ... The concept of love is there, and... it weaves its way through all of our characters. It's going to be much more prevalent in season three." Source: Sci Fi Wire
Pretty interesting concepts for the third season. Let's hope they don't have the typical down turn that alot of shows see when they are on that long but take place in small bits of time.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
According to a NYTimes article with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, if this season was about the hatch, then next season is about The Others.

Also they made a little more clear about the button: If Desmond hadn't used the failsafe device to destroy the electromagnet, which resonated with unique geoelectrical energy, the amplifying power would have eventually imploded the Earth, killing everybody. He literally saved the world in the finale.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Wow, why wasn't that stated more clearly?

Pretty cool though. But is Desmond dead or alive? And what about Eko and Locke? And how did Charlie get out in time? That's just some of the questions next season premiere will answer. . . IN OCTOBER!

Deom17

Smash Rookie
Am i the only one wondering how a giant foot got on an island? And whats up with it only haveing 4 toes? And Grant aka master wgs i think your way off but thats just me.

Aurus

Smash Cadet
Does anyone remember the polar bears and the mysterious cloud of black smoke for Season 1? Those were never resolved; they were just abandoned (at least for now). I hope they will return in later episodes, as they were interesting plot developments.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Black Smoke appeared in Seasion 2 and will appear again in Season 3.

The polar bears were kind of dressed in The Pearl hatch in the video talking BRIEFLY about zoology.

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
i read in the paper that Harold Perrineau Jr. (michael) was told that he wont return next season, thats the one thing i hate about this show, they drag it out too much

just thought u guys wanted to know, they didnt say anything about walt so he may return

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Walt and Michael will be on a guest star basis with Desmond becoming a cast member.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I actually heard that they only said Michael wont be a main cast member, but that he could be a guest star, and that he mentioned that he was originally told he wasn't comeing back, but now the writers say they dont know.

th0rn

Smash Lord
A little off-topic: I was only wondering now that the second season of Lost is over, what other television shows are all you Lost fans watching as a replacement?

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
I'm reading, being social, doing anything else aside from watching TV. Lost is the only show I make a point to watch.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
I don't watch anything else because I am stuck on this figgin island with polar bears and these scientist/barbarian hybrids all the while being chased by a cloud of smoke that thinks its cool because it can show me my past and then there is this would-be-kinda-hot-if-she-wasn't-so-old-and-crazy french women who like to blow up her house if anyone gets near it.

TRANSLATION: Rewatching both season 1 and 2 in my spare time :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Black Smoke IS the monster they though. It's a security system, it makes the roaring sounds, and it can uproot trees with easy.

Sorry, but that's the monster.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Actually, they said that in the season 1 finale, you would see around 2-4% of the monster. So techniqually, we havn't seen all of it. The black smoke is just part of it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As far as new episodes, they will being on Oct 4, as stated on abc.com. As for old episodes, they have been replaying them during the normal time slot, but I guess it depends on where you live...

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Crimson King said:
The Black Smoke IS the monster they though. It's a security system, it makes the roaring sounds, and it can uproot trees with easy.

Sorry, but that's the monster.
In the Lost magazine (yes I like the show that much) they hinted that the black smoke and the 'monster' are two different things or at the very least there is more to the monster than the smoke. Also has anyone seen the screenshots of Mr. Eko when he was face-to-face with the smoke? As the camara turns though the smoke the smoke shows flashes of Mr. Eko's past. There is a little mystery in itself.

Right now though the one thing I want answered more than anything is that four-toed giant leg statue. Why is it broken and why is there four toes?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The Monster

-According to an interview, Carlton Cuse said that "The smoke creature and the monster are one and the same."

-According to the May 26 podcast, we saw the monster in season two but didn't realize we were looking at the monster. According to Gregg Nations we must situate this sighting somewhere after episode 10 (the 23rd Psalm).

The Lost Continent
Possible idea for the 4-Toed statue.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
They are adding 2 female roles and one male role for next season. The male and one female role have been casted.

Also, according to the same interview by Carlton Cuse, the first 6 episodes will be a mini-series and the first episode is set to settle the "captured" storyline.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Besides the 3 new characters they're adding I've heard they just signed the actor that plays Desmond to become a regular cast member; I'm sure his emmy nomination for outstanding guest performance played a part in that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yea, according to the interview that will not be addressed until the second episode ala this season with the raft people and the hatch people.

Also, polar bears are returning.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Thread Revival Begin.

Well, Lost is almost upon us (a month and two days, if I'm not mistaken?), and I'm super excited. Anyone else pumped for more? I've actually kept the last episode of last season on my TiVo, and I'ma watch it right before the new episode. It'll be awesome...

smashman90

Smash Lord
I too am glad that they are gonna focus more on "the others". Do you guys think that they know anything about the monster or the black fog? I think that the black fog is not the monster. It would be kinda disappointing ya know. Besides, the only ways I can see that black fog thing killing people are electrocuting people or suffocating them.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Nah. I think the black fog is just an ability of the monster, not the real monster in its true form.
Remember when the dynamite blew up and it let go of Locke? Fog cant get blown up or stunned.

smashman90

Smash Lord
If it is something that the monster can do, then I am alright with it. But I too want to see the monster in its true form(if it has one). I mean, monsters are to look cool, if it is just a black fog it better be able to shapeshift or something cool or else I will be mad.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The fog is good enough for now. I hope that when they reveal it, they'll do it tastefully. The only thing worse than having the fog being the monster is having them reveal a lamewad one. Maybe they'll decide never to show its true form and keep it a secret. kinda like they did for V for Vendetta. Showing his face would have spoiled the whole thing.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm looking forward to the next season, as are most Lost junkies.
The hatch has been confirmed to be destroyed due to the magnetic energies, so what happened to Locke and Eko? And will Miss Widmore (Desmond's former lover) find the Losties?
So many new mysteries to be answered...and some will be created. And hurrah for no breaks between episodes. Reruns are not fun.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont know about Lock, but Desmond is pretty much garanteed to survive. (he's been cast as a regular) That is, unless he appears as a ghost or in every single flashback. The real question is: Are the guns OK?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
FFS! The fog is the monster. I made a long post WITH LINKS CONTAINING QUOTES. Sorry guys, that's it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm sure you guys already know but just in case...

Lostpedia

Top Bottom