• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
For anyone who's seen the show, they know it's pretty full of mystery. I'm starting this thread, because I want to see other people's opinion on this show, and what you think will happen in the coming episodes. Post thoughts...

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
I bought Lost: The Complete First Season the day it was released. I had already seen the whole show but I watched the entire season through again in about 3 or 4 days. I saw the Season Premiere twice.

So I'm a bit of a fan. 4 8 15 16 23 42

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I like the way the show is going right now. The show has 2 main characters that it seemingly revolves around, Locke and Walt. But I think it's all tied to either Hurley or John.

Honestly, I hate shows like this. Because I don't want it to end, because I actually enjoy it, but I want it to get to the important parts.

emileethegreat

Smash Apprentice
They're going to get caught from those hunters. At least, Walt and that... guy are. Along with the azn who escaped from their clutches.
Maybe it has a terrible ending and it turns out the other side of the island is very well populated with a city majored in tourism. Not really, though.

jfreklagj edge of seat action. It will be a sad day when this show's time is up and everything is resolved because it rules so hard.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
On the end of tonight's episode: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PURE HATRED OF MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ! AGGGHHHHH

Some of you may notice Walt talks funny when he appears to Shannon. Turns out he's talking backwards.

The first time he appeared to Shannon, on the first episode of season 2, he said
Don't press the button. The button is bad.

Tonight, he said
They're coming. And they're close.

Wife

Smash Lord
Lost is like weed. I don't want to try it once because I'm worried I'll never be able to stop.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Shame about Shannon dying. I am really liking the Said character, but I have a feeling he will die soon.

For anyone who has seen Oz you will notice a lot or relations. Michael is played by the same actor, who's name eludes me, that played Augustus on Oz. Also, the actor who plays the quiet black man from the other party played the role of "Adebesi" who was killed by a character named "Said."

I wonder if they'll have that happen as a throw-back to Oz.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
The last episode has left me freakin' out.
'So-and-So wasn't a good man, so he wasn't on our list'? A friend of mine brought up a purgatory theory on this show, and this seems to defend his theory... Children are 'pure' according to the guy...
Interesting.

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
omggggg. i clicked on this thread and WHAM spoilers T___________T

Series 2 doesnt start here in australia until FEBRUARY! SO gayyyyy -______-

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Whoops... didn't know that it started later for you. I apologize from the bottom of my heart. From now on, I shall be more careful.

Can't wait 'til Wednesday...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Master WGS said:
The last episode has left me freakin' out.
'So-and-So wasn't a good man, so he wasn't on our list'? A friend of mine brought up a purgatory theory on this show, and this seems to defend his theory... Children are 'pure' according to the guy...
Interesting.

Purgatory has been going on since the second episode, but I am almost positive that the writers have said that it wasn't purgatory.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I really wish the show would end after this season or next. Not because it's bad but because I want a resolution. The show is great, but it, like Invasion, can't keep relying on created trauma per episode.

I can't wait to see the relationship between Jack and Anna Lucia. I love the way everyone is connected deeply, it adds so much to the show. Wednesday is dedicated to Kate. Last two episodes that were dedicated to characters ended pretty shockingly (more than usual) so this will be quite interesting.

th0rn

Smash Lord
I just finished watching the end of the show and was left saying, "WTF!?!?!" once again.... some SPOILERS so don't continue reading if you don't want to know what happened.

Kate is one bad ***, lmao. I don't know about anyone else, but something seems fishy about Mr.Eko (Black man with breasts) Also, wtf... was that really Walt? The show always leaves me with all these **** quetions. Can't wait for the next episode when the horse gets shot (what I got from the preview)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ok, since this show is pre-empted for Australia and other countries, my best advice is to not read the topic until then if you don't want spoilers. The show is going on in the US and people will want to discuss the current episodes, so that should be known going into the topic.

I thought it was about time Kate and Jack kissed. The tension was building for a while. They need to do an episode not centered around someone so we can get more plot info. I thought it was badass when they found that spliced tape. This week's episode felt like nothing but a transition. I want some resolution. This season will end with Walt coming back, I can tell. But, I have a feeling the computer will end as well.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Actually, from what I've heard the reason ends with an actual answer to one of the show's biggest questions: Why did Oceanic Flight 815 crash?

Next week isn't a new episode, looks like Lost is going to be taking a winter break along with most shows. I don't know when it will be back but it will probably be January.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The plane crashed I believe because it had "engine malfunctions." They were turning back to Australia when the transponder stopped working then it crashed. I assume the malfunctions will be addressed when they address the fact that everyone is connected in some way.

Yea, it's on repeats until mid-January/Feburary. Next week is the episode with Hurley in the hatch.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Aw, no new episode next week? (I missed the scenes from next week's episode thing) That's too bad.

Anyways, on to what happened last night...
OMG, I loved that episode. It tells just how Kate came to be on the run, something I'd been wondering about. Then the missing part of the film... then Michael on the computer... HOLY CRAP, what a way to time a break (I'm certain it was an intended cliff-hanger). Man...crazy stuff

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Every week they have a cliff hanger though. Like last week where Jack walked up to Anna Lusia. They know each other, but how? God, I love this show.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
The plane crashed I believe because it had "engine malfunctions." They were turning back to Australia when the transponder stopped working then it crashed. I assume the malfunctions will be addressed when they address the fact that everyone is connected in some way.

Yea, it's on repeats until mid-January/Feburary. Next week is the episode with Hurley in the hatch.
The survivors were meant to end up on that island, and the plane crash no mere accident. I guarantee it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That was my point. The facts that are present prove it pretty nicely too.

Jack meets Locke who is a huge person on destiny and fate.
Jack meets with Desmond again.
Jack meets up with Anna Lusia again evidently.
Mr. Eko meets up with Locke and the projector.

That was just a few of the little things that proved they were all tied to come there. Sadly though, revealing it now would ruin the show so that will be a last episode ever thing.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Yeah, from the sounds of it the very final question driving the series will be "why are they all there?" HOW they came to be there is something that will be answered sooner.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
The latest episode was great. I laughed out loud when Sawyer woke up during Kate's confession and said "That's about the sweetest thing I ever heard. Who the hell's Wayne?" (Or something like that. I don't remember exactly.)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Jack met Anna on the first episode. They had a drink together at the airport bar. That's how they knew each other. I want to know what the heck is gonna happen when (I say when, because I'm sure it will eventually happen) someone forgets to press that button. What the crap is gonna come from that?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Master WGS said:
want to know what the heck is gonna happen when (I say when, because I'm sure it will eventually happen) someone forgets to press that button. What the crap is gonna come from that?
Grimmer!
:088:
:088::088:
:088: :088: :088:
:088: :088: :088: :088:
:088: :088: :088: :088: :088:

I seriously think that its the monster

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That wasn't really necessary, Eor.

I forgot all about the bar scene in the first episode.
CS, I agree, but that question will only end when the show ends.

Also, the button will always be pressed. It was nearly missed last time and they began to freak out. Something will happen though when it isn't pressed. Why? Jack was the only person adament in it being just an experiment and not necessary. So, the audience would be lead to believe that since Jack is alone in his belief, we are meant to not see it coming. They went a step further and made it so all who assume that as right will be wrong.

This is all just my idea, but with the freakish things on the island, I can't see how it couldn't do something.

One thing I forgot was the heart-warming scene week before last when Jin and Sun reunited. It was amazing because they were back in love.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
And then they like, got it on, and Hurley all gave him the thumbs up :p

Haha "So Rose's husband is white... who saw that coming?"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hurley is definately my favorite character after Said. Hurley has provided TONS of humorous moments in the show, sich as the golf club, the food room, and the charter when he was learning about people.

They need to play up more of the role of The Others. They have Walt and probably a computer. Also, wasn't Michael warned NOT to use the computer for communication?

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
The new strip of film had the warning about not using the computer to communicate on it--Eko and Locke were watching it for the first time in the other room while Michael was messing with the computer and recieved the message.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
True, I thought Michael was in the room with them. I really wonder what role that doctor will play in the show now. He obviously had some secrets yet to be revealed on the island.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Lost will be back January with the episode "The 23rd Psalm," an Eko episode. Should be awesome, Eko is favourite new character=)

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yes, Eko is my new favorite character.

Did you guys all see the pictures in the smoke?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Last night's episode really leaves me wondering something. If Michael is using the computer to talk to Walt and the guy on the reel STRICTLY forbade any communication on the computer and the computer ONLY responds when it's time for the code, could "Walt's" responses be false?

Also, the Guardian was shown again. It was the black lightning clouds that proved it was only as scary as the person it was hunting made it and with Eko's past, he feared nothing.

Following the episode, we officially know (for the most part) why every major character is there.

Jack - Felt to blame for the death of his father; brought to the island to realize he is a capable human being able to make decisions; The Doctor.

Kate - A convict who killed her (step?) father; brought to the island to experience freedom from the stigma of prison and to give her a new start; The Convict.

John Locke - A parapalegic (never revealed why really) who immerced himself into a world of wargames to escape reality; brought to the island to realize he could always walk once he freed his mind; The Prophet.

Michael and Walt (Though separate characters, I will count them as one) - A father who never met was allowed to be with his son until his wife died, due to the estrangement, Walt never developed an attachment; brought to the island to rekindle and strengthen their father-son bond; The Father and Son (Walt could also be called The Mystic due to his possible psychic powers and Michael would be The Scientist of sorts with his ideas for the boat and knowledge of the GPS on the boat).

Charlie - A burnt-out, drug addicted rockstar who had a bad falling out with his brother; brought to the island to clean himself up of heroine and take the responsibly (over Aaron); The Rebel

Mr. Eko - A mercenary who was taken from his brother at a young age, felt to blame for the death of his brother and feels the burden of his death; brought to the island for closure on his brother's death and to face the demons of his murderous past, to find God; The Priest.

Anna Louisa - An ex-cop who killed the man who shot her and killed her unborn child; brought to the island to show her that all mistakes can be forgiven with time (Shannon's death); The Scapegoat.

Said (My favorite character) - Years of work as an Iraqi soldier, Said is harden and heartless; He was brought to the island to soften up and realize that the people he killed and hurt, were human beings; The Soldier.

The characters all have a definate reason as to why they are brought to the island. I think in the next few episodes (particularly from the trailer of next week's episode) the others will be revealed as to how they got there and why they went so crazy. I really wish that at least for the season finale they do it commerical free.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Crimson King said:
I really wish that at least for the season finale they do it commerical free.
Really, really, really doubtful... but we can always hope.

Anyways, I'm all geared up for next week's episode, and it's really starting to rack my brain on whether Walt's responses are real or not. I'm beginning to think that the responses are false, just due to the warning on the film. I don't know, however, if it's one of two things. It's either these others trying to get to Michael, or if he's going insane and making the responses up in his subconcious. I honestly do not think it's Walt, though, so if it is, I will be really suprised.

Craftstar

Prank Monkey
BRoomer
Yeah, I saw the images from Eko's past flash in the smoke. Very interesting. The "security system" immediatly reminded me of The Abyss, in the way that it looked Eko in the face. Note that it has also looked Locke in the face in the same way. "I looked into the eye of this island, and what I saw was beautiful." I think the fact that both Locke and Eko have seen it is interesting, because the producers/writers have made it very clear than Locke and Eko will be extremely important characters in relation to one another.

As for the computer and Michael, I don't believe that Walt is on the other end. Walt said in backwards speak that "the button is bad" and I honestly think there is something downright evil about that computer. Perhaps the others are speaking, or maybe some sort of manevolent computer AI--but obviously it's having an effect on Michael as it appears its starting to drive him kind of crazy. Should be interesting to see how that all plays out--and ties together.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, if you heard the trailer, the others claim the Island is there, as I pointed out. So what could this mean, isn't quiet clear.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
..."How long would it take to train an army?"

This was the finishing line in last night's episode, and oh my gosh, what an ending!

I was just wondering, though... how are you all interpreting this question? My little brother thinks he's considering training the people of the island, where as I think Jack is curious of how long the others have been there. Both possibilities seem pretty logical, but I'm really interested in what everyone else has to say.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I started watching again I've only seen the last two episodes though...

I think he was refering to his fellow survivors. When he was in the jungle confronting the old man he was sure he was alone or with just one other person. Jack was powerless against such large numbers capable of hiding themselves so well, so I think he wants his uh, "people" to be the same way.

Top Bottom