• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Losing Interest in... Everything?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=4633]Losing Interest in... Everything?[/drupal]

So I've just been thinking as of late that I'm losing interest in everything..

Food, hobbies, religion, everything. I doubt that I even like or dislike these things anymore. I just now see them as "fair" or "alright."

I'm just passing by this life like a visitor at a prison. I can see everything going on, but it just doesn't seem to matter to me anymore. I'm just don't understand... I don't feel sad. I don't feel angry, or happy, or anything really. Just alright. Just fine.

I hope I will find an answer to why this is happening or why I feel the way I do.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Exactly.
Godga will change your life.
Well start you off with an introduction to being that is Godga.

Lady Gaga (aka Godga, Mother Monster, etc) born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is an American Singer-Songwriter, Performance artist, Musician, and Disc Jockey from New York.

After enrolling at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in 2003 and later performing in the rock music scene of New York City's Lower East Side, she signed with Streamline Records, an imprint of Interscope Records. During her early time at Interscope, she worked as a songwriter for fellow label artists and captured the attention of recording artist Akon who, recognizing her vocal abilities, signed her to his own label, Kon Live Distribution.

Godga came to prominence following the release of her debut studio album The Fame (2008), which was a critical and commercial success and achieved international popularity with the singles "Just Dance" and "Poker Face". The album reached number one on the record charts of six countries, topped the Billboard Dance/Electronic Albums chart while simultaneously peaking at number two on the Billboard 200 chart in the United States and accomplished positions within the top ten worldwide. Achieving similar worldwide success, The Fame Monster (2009), its follow-up, produced a further three global chart-topping singles "Bad Romance", "Telephone" and "Alejandro" and allowed her to embark on her second global concert tour, The Monster Ball Tour, just months after having finished her first, The Fame Ball Tour. Her second studio album Born This Way (2011) topped the charts in all major musical markets after the arrival of its singles "Born This Way", "Judas" and "The Edge of Glory" – the first-mentioned achieved the number-one spot in countries worldwide and was the fastest-selling single in the history of iTunes, selling one million copies in five days.

Inspired by glam rock singers like David Bowie and Freddie Mercury, as well as dance-pop artists such as Madonna and Michael Jackson, Godga is well-recognized for her outré and ever-changing sense of style in music, in fashion, in performance and in her music videos. Her contributions to the music industry have accrued her numerous achievements including five Grammy Awards, among twelve nominations; two Guinness World Records; and the estimated sale of 13 million albums and 51 million singles, making her one of the best-selling music artists worldwide. Billboard named her the Artist of the Year in 2010, ranking her as the 73rd Artist of the 2000s decade. Godga has been included in the Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world as well as being listed in a number of Forbes' annual lists.

Ill also start you off with a link to Godgas first music video.
Definitely not her best video but as a beginning Gaga stan its a staple video to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw
Also a live perfomance showcasing Godgas talent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbds93v15f4&hd=1

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
You need something to motivate you. Hobbies get old when you don't have something to ignite your passion--a goal.

Goals, man. You need goals.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You need something to motivate you. Hobbies get old when you don't have something to ignite your passion--a goal.

Goals, man. You need goals.
That's easier said than done. You can't just arbitrarily set a goal for yourself in the hopes of motivation, you actually have to have a sincere desire to reach that goal.

Well, from my experience anyway.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'd eat that.

Anyways, I'm going through the same thing. I lost my motivation and still am figuring out wtf to do with my life. I just need to find a way to keep focused. I'm sure in time that we'll both find something to reignite that spark.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh don't worry CA5H, it's normal to feel that way at least once in your life. The monotony of your current lifestyle is to blame, believe it or not. The way i would seriously recommend for you to alleviate those symptoms, if you ever wish to do so, is to change your lifestyle. I went through the same phase and I finally now feel better, but what I had to do was leave my home and start my own life. Your outlook on everything changes when you're your own man, and apathy slowly dissipates when you realize every action now has a reaction, for better or worse, instead of the safety and limitations of living in your home, repeating a same schedule every day.

Maybe that could be it? If not, then like ChKn said, it takes some time for you to find what you need t feel better (or worse, depends on how you feel about apathy).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just don't know how the hell this happened.
Possibly the best blog thread I've evar seen.

But ca5h, listen to kewkky. He's got it right.
I was almost ninja'd.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
When i went through what you're going through Cash, I had no desire to look for a job, no desire to finish college, no desire to better my lifestyle because I felt like I was getting nowhere. Before feeling like this, I was looking for a job because I had no money to go out with my friends, my life was literally "Wake up, eat, go to college until the evening, come back, eat, play some games, go to bed" every day. I also had a dying car, so the majority of the times I couldn't even drive to their houses because it could stop working at any moment (and it did many times), not to mention gas prices going up. I tried looking for jobs many times, but without actual experience I would always be turned down or they'd say "we'll call you if anything comes up", but nothing ever came up. I was at the beck and call of my parents for more than two years.

... then I joined the Navy, moved out, and now have a bi-monthly paycheck with $650.00 left over to use for whatever I wish, and my student loans are getting payed as well! I finally feel like I'm going somewhere, where even while I was going through college I felt like I was in a position I couldn't do anything about, which led to a lack of caring and decaying of my grades.

Maybe you just have to wait for that one option that's going to present itself eventually. Apathy is hard to overcome (if you dislike apathy, that is. I kinda liked the feeling but it was messing with my life), but it's a normal part of people's lives.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Oh don't worry CA5H, it's normal to feel that way at least once in your life. The monotony of your current lifestyle is to blame, believe it or not. The way i would seriously recommend for you to alleviate those symptoms, if you ever wish to do so, is to change your lifestyle. I went through the same phase and I finally now feel better, but what I had to do was leave my home and start my own life. Your outlook on everything changes when you're your own man, and apathy slowly dissipates when you realize every action now has a reaction, for better or worse, instead of the safety and limitations of living in your home, repeating a same schedule every day.

Maybe that could be it? If not, then like ChKn said, it takes some time for you to find what you need t feel better (or worse, depends on how you feel about apathy).
Thank you for responding. Luckily I will be starting my own life soon, so I'm hoping this feeling will go away.

It's strange, though. I'm very confident in myself and my abilities, and I wish to go to a good college, have a family, kids, etc. I don't feel like my life is boring, but subconciously, I guess I do long for more...

And btw, you can call me Cash. ;)

I just don't know how the hell this happened.
Possibly the best blog thread I've evar seen.

But ca5h, listen to kewkky. He's got it right.
I was almost ninja'd.
How the hell what happened? And you're pretty funny, TG. Call me Cash.

I was for real about converting you to Gagaism...
Did you watch the Just Dance video?
I've seen it.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I'm completely serious about saying this... Don't take it as a joke. Are you looking forward to something major? A video game perhaps? Something bigger?

I know whenever there's something I've been waiting for for a long time, I get really apathetic until whatever it is happens... It feels like a major depression and it usually only hits when I literally have nothing to do.

Also, an easy way to break it. Go look for a girl/boyfriend or just go to something social, pick up a dance, singing, something. Going out and talking to people and changing up your routine by hanging with them is a great way to relieve the feeling.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also, an easy way to break it. Go look for a girl/boyfriend or just go to something social, pick up a dance, singing, something. Going out and talking to people and changing up your routine by hanging with them is a great way to relieve the feeling.
Sorry to say this, but easier said than done. You can't just go out and look for a boy/girlfriend, or randomly talk to people and make friends, things take time and for them to arrive at the best scenarios, they take time. If you're feeling apathetic, what you're thinking is "whatever, I'll just stay home instead, not like it matters if I meet people or not anyway", so getting up and doing all those activities isn't easy.

However, I agree, they do make you feel better.

But, if you're feeling apathetic and you get a boy/girlfriend, it's not gonna help you get re-motivated. You're gonna love being around them, but when you're not, you're back to your apathetic self, maybe even worse, since now you're waiting for the time you guys see each other again and there's nothing in between times. You just end up adding anxiety into the mix.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to say this, but easier said than done. You can't just go out and look for a boy/girlfriend, or randomly talk to people and make friends, things take time and for them to arrive at the best scenarios, they take time. If you're feeling apathetic, what you're thinking is "whatever, I'll just stay home instead, not like it matters if I meet people or not anyway", so getting up and doing all those activities isn't easy.

However, I agree, they do make you feel better.

But, if you're feeling apathetic and you get a boy/girlfriend, it's not gonna help you get re-motivated. You're gonna love being around them, but when you're not, you're back to your apathetic self, maybe even worse, since now you're waiting for the time you guys see each other again and there's nothing in between times. You just end up adding anxiety into the mix.
It's really not that hard to make friends... as soon as you realize your apathy, you should be able to try to fix it... Whenever I figure out that I'm depressed/apathetic, I make it a goal to go out and do something different.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's really not that hard to make friends... as soon as you realize your apathy, you should be able to try to fix it... Whenever I figure out that I'm depressed/apathetic, I make it a goal to go out and do something different.
Then you're not really apathetic, you're just feeling down. Real apathy is a feeling of hopelessness, makes you think things like "why should I bother? I don't like spending time doing things that won't matter later" and just drains all willpower from you. Difference between procrastination and apathy is that with procrastination, you choose to not do something because you don't want to put in the effort for it, and with apathy, you feel like you shouldn't put forth any effort at all because you don't care about stuff.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Then you're not really apathetic, you're just feeling down. Real apathy is a feeling of hopelessness, makes you think things like "why should I bother? I don't like spending time doing things that won't matter later" and just drains all willpower from you. Difference between procrastination and apathy is that with procrastination, you choose to not do something because you don't want to put in the effort for it, and with apathy, you feel like you shouldn't put forth any effort at all because you don't care about stuff.
^This.

I've just... lost interest in everything. What's the point is the question I keep asking myself.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's all normal. Things change now and then. So, I'd suggest you don't worry. I've been like that before.

Believe in Jedism

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
You have become numb to these things because you are ''bored'' of reality. You seek more, and this explains some of the reasons why people are out there ruining their lives with drugs, alchohol, petty influences, dark realities, deception, etc. They got tired of the good side of life, so they said.. ''What is there to lose?''.

Carrying life simply-- is the biggest burden of all. You simply just have to find something. Don't believe that life is in something just because it is. We give life to everything, because we are the cortex of life.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Oh my god this thread killed me looooooooooooooooool.
I've never laughed this hard at a thread since the birthday room.

-----

Anyway, just try new things. Listen to new music (or try to compose some!), draw, pick up a few books/manga/magazines at random etc. I went through the same phase and I started reading some books that I enjoyed that I didn't think I would.

Try anything and everything. Books I didn't think I'd like/movies I didn't think were interesting/games I thought were dumb/music I thought was annoying are now some of my favorite interests.
Edit: except for pretty much everything on the first page

:038:

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Oh my god this thread killed me looooooooooooooooool.
I've never laughed this hard at a thread since the birthday room.

-----

Anyway, just try new things. Listen to new music (or try to compose some!), draw, pick up a few books/manga/magazines at random etc. I went through the same phase and I started reading some books that I enjoyed that I didn't think I would.

Try anything and everything. Books I didn't think I'd like/movies I didn't think were interesting/games I thought were dumb/music I thought was annoying are now some of my favorite interests.
Edit: except for pretty much everything on the first page

:038:
I'm not sure if I should thank you or be insulted.... Insulted it is then.

Write raps, it's a good creative thing.
I'll write raps if you rap 'em.

Top Bottom