• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Loop Arrow

Atsu

Smash Ace
I know there's a video thread, and I don't know if this has been found out yet (Can't search it since a title would be hard to go from), but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyBlqxn1QTk

It's more of an easter egg then anything else. It could be helpful in some ways I suppose.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
it's too hard to pull off to be useful. You would have to have enough time to do and your opponent could just shield it... and all your effort would go to waste...

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
That is amazing. I remember someone saying "Wow, so Pits arrows are like Ness' PK thunder!?" a while ago and I said "Nah, the arrows would be way too fast to control like that", guess I owe someone a beer!

Atsu

Smash Ace
it's too hard to pull off to be useful. You would have to have enough time to do and your opponent could just shield it... and all your effort would go to waste...
Which was one of the reasons why I said it was more of an easter egg than anything else. xP

You leave yourself open long enough to let your opponent get a free strike. If you're going to edgeguard, you may as well just do a normal curve. But I can't deny it's surprise factor if you mastered it (By master I mean hit with near 100% accuracy).

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
yeah, maybe they can shield it but what i was thinking was that you can shoot it away from them and it will stab them in the back, of coarse they will shield most of the time but loop arrow=pressure. If they shield and you are close enough you might be able to grab and all that good stuff

wodan46

Smash Cadet
One thing to note is that you can still apparently move while controlling the arrow. I wonder it a player with good timing and planning could do an attack or shield at the same time the arrow hits.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Wow...never even thought to do that, and I've been playing for a month, lol.

Cannot wait to go home tonight and play around with this.

iron blade

Smash Ace
0_0 Wow. Definitely an easter egg though. It's too hard to pull off for it to be useful and it leaves you open.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Ya... i don't necessarily know what you mean when you say easter egg... from the context i assume it means it is some kind of cool technique that isn't worth the time it takes to pull it off. Also, is it possible to get two arrows in a loop at once? If you can, can't you make a circle of arrows that just keep spinning and spinning? or does each arrow only last for so long?

Ya I tried this a couple weeks ago. I gave up on it though cuz it was such a pain to try...

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Wow haha it's like skywriting. Except... you can only write "o"s.
First thing that went through my mind when I saw that.

Peter: "There's a message in my alphabet soup. It says 'oooooooo'."
Brian: "Those are Cheerios."

Actually, I have a question to ask now that I think a little. Can you maneuver the arrow while being grabbed? Like, say you just shot the arrow and got grabbed right after it. Could you bring it around to hit the guy who grabbed you? I'm assuming it would break the grab.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
although most seem to think that this won't be very useful....i'm fairly sure that id someone is able to actually master this it could be highly useful
scenario:

Pit loops arrow
opponent doesn't care
pit approaches and attempts to attack opponent
opponent shield grabs or perfect shields....just to be interrupted by the looped arrow

in my opinion..this could be a HIGHLY useful defensive tactic.....of course this is only if someone is able to fully master it and do so while playing as normal, which as someone has previously stated, would take extremely good planning

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
WOW just doing that is amazing, then all of your propositions. If someone was able to fire an arrows, loop it around, and hit someone with it accurately while playing. pit = god tier, lol

BAND!T

Smash Cadet
i dont think you can shoot another arrow, the first one would dissappear

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's like a missile coming outta nowheres! I'd love to do that, but i dont think it would work on most human players, but i still love it!

Doval

Smash Lord
A direct approach would the loop arrow probably wouldn't help, but if you loop it back and under the stage, you'd have a much better trajectory to hit people below.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This look really interesting and need to have a in depth study, like how many milla seconds you need to hold down and left to make it do a complete circle.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I tried doing the loop arrow yesterday when the game came out... quite hard to master, but I still like it. It's not necessary to do that against pros though, for that can cost you a lot.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Can you fire more arrows whilst one is being controlled?
Yes. I got three going at once but it's hard as hell. With more than one going at once, they are all controlled at the same time.

I just tried this, and even recorded with a crappy webcam. I'll probably upload it later. I can see this going one of two ways: Either being mastered by some robot-like smasher or a clever tactic used by none.

I'm going for the first. :<

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Get that vid up ASAP because I would love to try and figure out the timing for mutliple hours.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure how this could be used in a 1v1 match; you'd have to be playing against a mental invalid for it to work. Maybe once in a blue moon as an escape once you're grabbed, but that's incredibly situational.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Get that vid up ASAP because I would love to try and figure out the timing for mutliple hours.
The trick is to leave enough space behind you to allow for the shooting delay while the already shot arrow(s) are coming back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCa4elU8xJU : Hope you can stand the crap quality, I need to get a better way to record the screen. This was one of my first attempts, I was practicing while it was uploading and I managed to get ~5 arrows almost on each other.

It's just so darn difficult. It's hard to set up, even if you can see where your arrows are. The time it takes is a bit obnoxious, too. Anyone could come up and beat the crap out of you before you even get 3 arrows looping.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Ok, further testing yields that you can only have a maximum of 4 arrows suspended in the air. If you shoot a 5th, the first one is deleted. There is a limit, but if you manage to get four consistently, props to you.

Top Bottom