• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for all samus to friendly

Aran

Smash Apprentice
Samus' jabs are very low priority so it's best only to use them when the opponent is mid-high damage. otherwise they will be blocked or out prioritized.
Whoah whoah whoah. Samus' jabs do NOT have low priority. They clank with practically ANYTHING. I'm pretty sure we had a thread in here a long, long time ago discussing this.

Edit: Ahhh... found some quotes. Enjoy.

"
-Samus doesn't need a kill move. She can combo better then any other character in this game so far.
While she does have 3 which are Dair(on and off the stage),bair, and dtilt. But seriously. She racks up danage sooo redicously fast. Zair spam alone will rack up damage fast but this is not the reason. Her jab and upB are. Her jab is sooo amazing. I remember I was playing tobias, and he fsmashed with charaizard, I was facing away from him and jabbed. The jab clanked with his fsmash even though I was facing away from him. It has a huge hitbox and comes out insanley fast. It can also stop pretty much anything that comes out, and if you hit someone in the air with it you can combo into anything from it. Samus has INSANE low % combos. I started doing things like shffled nair(no lag) to jab to chargeshot (stuntime) to grab to downthrow (wait for the airdodge...because they WILL airdodge) walk forward jab into up B. Right there is 50 to 60 easy %. She has soo many variations on combos and they are all pretty much unescapable. If someone is coming down from above you just stand there. If they don't airdodge you can just jab them depending on what move they do or you can just spotdodge and punish them. If they do the smart thing and airdodge....just keep jabbing, you will automatically hit them once you can and you can up B after the jab. If they buffer a roll from the airdodge you can just dash attac kand it will catch them and dash attack combos into jab which combos into up B. I cannot stress how many options samus has. She can build damage up so insanly fast that it doesn't really matter that it will be hard for you to kill. There are a million more small combos I discovered but I will let you guys find some of those out."
-Hylian

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149787

"I don't think it interrupts everything, but **** close. Actually I think the only attack/thing it doesn't interrupt/clank with/cancel out is counter(boo).

I've tested it against every projectile and the only ones her jab don't interrupt/cancel out are blasters, all three of them(basically making spacies more of a pain than they already are). Everything else goes bye-bye with the exception of grenades/bombs(which are just caught and thrown back since you're pressing A) and Pikmin, which just go back into line(although you can actually kill them if you're fast enough). It interrupts Tornado like I said, even interrupts Falcon Punch with good timing.

It comes out very quick, usually does about 8% total combining both hits, definitely in the top 5 knockback wise among neutral A's, dunno of it's exact place in that list.

A quick note on Nikita's and arrows(all of them). Jab knocks them straight down where they detonate immediately, dtilt sends them straight up where one of the following happens. He sends it right back down on you where it hits or you dodge/shield, or you can rush him. As for arrows, the timing has to be nearly perfect for the jab to cancel them out, and usually only the second hit of the jab will cancel them cause of the way she swings the cannon downwards. Otherwise they usually go right under the first jab and hit you.

I think a lot of Samus players right now don't know/underestimate jab and don't realize how broken it is and how it's easily one of her greatest assets once you figure out it's many many many uses.

I'm not sure whether you don't exactly understand the full scale of what others, myself and especially Hylian mean when we talk about Samus' jab. Or you just don't understand the meaning of the word "broken" in gaming terms. Hard to tell which tbh.

Here's how I shall explain it.

A simple maneuver that only involves the pressing of one button twice to use it to it's best effect. A maneuver that can effectively neutralize much more viscerally powerful attacks just by hitting them at the same time. A maneuver that has ******** knockback considering it's simple nature. A maneuver that can cancel out almost every projectile in the game. A maneuver that is in some ways stronger than other more difficult to perform attacks that the character and other characters possess.

If what I just said doesn't scream "broken", I'm not really sure what does.

Yes, some other characters do have neutral A's with ******** knockback. Can cancel attacks/projectiles/decent damage. Not many of them can do all of what I just said like Samus' can.

Part of it has to do with her size, she's bigger in Brawl yes, When you look at it from her jab perspective though, that's a very good thing because most attacks/projectiles hit her in right about her midsection. The downwards motion from the second swing combined with her size is pretty much why her jab is able to do what it can."
-Yorenec
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149787

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
it still has no hitstun and little knockback, meaning that it's easy to DI down and shield, or DI down and counter with anything >.>

Aran

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I don't disagree with that, I just disagreed with it having no priority. I just took the entire quotes cuz I thought they were good reads. Looking back at these old posts makes me sad about how optimistic everyone was about samus until they left :(

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
it's only a pseudo combo trick into dtilt/dsmash/up b, or grab.
the second smack is only guaranteed if they aren't on the ground after getting hit by the first jab.
(and i never did up b from jab before lol)
it's a nice move though.

mixups with jabs, bombs, grabs and dtilts/dsmashes wooo

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
WHO IS LEFT??? Who still wants to play me that hasnt yet? post or send me a pm or both if you wanna play.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
King, let me know when we can fight again. You showed me a lot the first time, I'm willing to learn some more. Hopefully my connection will remain stable.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
alright we can play whenever if im online and dont have a specific match to play ill make a room for you to join.

Top Bottom