• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Longest Boss Fight Ever

day-day

Smash Ace
The fight with Prime(That was it's name right?) in Metroid Prime I hated so much, it took so long and the first 10 times I didn't recognize it's attacks. Doesn't help that the room that leads to it is filled with with Metroid's either.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Penance in Final Fantasy X took me somewhere around two hours.

Supposedly there's some boss in FFXI that a group spent over 24 hours on before calling it quits.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
I think one of the longest boss battles for me was on Castlevania Symphony of the Night. The boss was some giant Jackal thing, it had a giant weapon that shoots electricity out of it, anyway, it had so many hit points, it took like at least 20 min. to kill it. If you look up the hit points it will say ????.
I remember that boss. I believe he had 4000 hp (brutal for that game). I got a hidden item that absorbed his thunder attacks and that's the easiest way to beat him. But without that item he is HARD. I recall Dracula having 9999 hp though...

But Richter utterly ***** this boss 10 million times over. Richter can get to the top-right corner of the room and swing his whip around, leaving the boss defenseless and unable to retaliate.

Would the amount of time that it takes to level up enough against Prinny Baal count towards this?
I don't think that counts. Grinding isn't considered boss fighting. And even if you do grind enough to beat Uber Prinny Baal the boss battle will be short.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh, I just remembered. The final boss from the South Park FPS on N64. He was this giant toy robot thing that could recharge its health just like that. I had on invincibility and infinite ammo and still could never kill the guy.

Öni

Smash Cadet
Ramirez from Skies of Arcardia

I didn't realize you have to lose and had a really high level + Finas special move (I don't know the name, but it reanimates all team mates...)

So I needed more than one day until I got that you have to lose >.< (but at least I was able to sleep during the fight, lol

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Death from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence.
Idk if it was long...or frustrating, but I hated that battle.

Also...fighting Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII. ~___~

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMG I just remember something! Anyone remember that hidden boss Culex in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars? I could never beat him. I think you have to use one of Geno's abilities where if you're lucky, it will cause 9,999,999 damage!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

They should port this over to the DS.
In Mario RPG, I think Culex has like 4096xp, while each crystal has a few thousand themselves. If you simply level grind or use the lazy shell, the fight isn't too bad. What's hard is the hack you can download from the internet, which makes the game stupid hard, then trying to beat Culex. They give him double xp, and make the crystals invincible except one random crystal per turn. After two hours at level 50 (the hack goes to 50 instead of 30) I ran out of items and had to give up.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
In Mario RPG, I think Culex has like 4096xp, while each crystal has a few thousand themselves. If you simply level grind or use the lazy shell, the fight isn't too bad. What's hard is the hack you can download from the internet, which makes the game stupid hard, then trying to beat Culex. They give him double xp, and make the crystals invincible except one random crystal per turn. After two hours at level 50 (the hack goes to 50 instead of 30) I ran out of items and had to give up.
Usually it's best to attack Culex himself, than the crystals.
Which reminds me, that was one of the best boss battles in that game.
Smithy was a *** to beat though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, the Lich King fight in WoW, from what I've seen, is around 20 minutes long on the easiest difficulty.

However, I'd say the longest fight I've ever done is fighting The End in MGS3, since it took me at least an hour and a half, bah.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Any superboss in Final Fantasy is typically difficult, but that FFXI boss that LT mentioned is the worst.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think Online games are allways gonna have the longest fights since as soon as someone beats them they can just release another one

Offlines games mine was FFXII one of the last optional bosses called Yiazmat took me about 3 hours which is considered good (4 hours is average)

oh and i guess in skies of arcadia legends there's a non-ending boos (Ramirez) which i guess could be considered the longser

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Does Kecleon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon count as a boss? My team was lvl 100 and it still took me forever to try to defeat it....... I gave up and escaped...

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Definitely The End in Metal Gear Solid 3. I was always a huge Metal Gear buff, got 3 the day it came out and played it non stop. It took me like 2 hours to beat that *******. It was a lot easier on subsistence when the camera angle was fixed and you didn't have to fps to see what you were doing due too birds eye view :p good times.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
If your party is seriously underleveled, any Megaten boss takes forever. I seriously spent two hours fighting Shadow Yukiko in Persona 4.

Top Bottom