• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Island, NY melee scene?

Phister

Smash Rookie
Hey! I go to college in the city and literally played Melee every day of this year. I live in Nassau and I'd be down for any tournaments on the Island. I organized one for a couple of weeks from now just to see who's still interested in Melee in my immediate area... I'll post results and videos. I had no idea there were people that played on Long Island still.

Also it's interesting to see that some of you guys play Yu-Gi-Oh! as well- I used to be a writer for Pojo.

Stay in touch.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Hey! I go to college in the city and literally played Melee every day of this year. I live in Nassau and I'd be down for any tournaments on the Island. I organized one for a couple of weeks from now just to see who's still interested in Melee in my immediate area... I'll post results and videos. I had no idea there were people that played on Long Island still.

Also it's interesting to see that some of you guys play Yu-Gi-Oh! as well- I used to be a writer for Pojo.

Stay in touch.
Where in Nassau?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Leacero (Stony Brook)
Pistbag (Stony Brook)
Vanilla (Stony Brook)
SpicierMooMoo (Stony Brook)
Private O'Malley (Stony Brook)
ShineMike (Stony Brook)
and another 4-8+ at Stony Brook

i think its only fair to add me and sorto in there

Smok

Smash Rookie
I'm a little late but I'm moving back to Nassau mid-June and would love to find other melee players around LI. I'm not that great but I'm always down for an *** whooping. I would definitely be down for any kind of tournament, biweekly or just about anything related to playing melee.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Leacero (Stony Brook)
Pistbag (Stony Brook)
Vanilla (Stony Brook)
SpicierMooMoo (Stony Brook)
Private O'Malley (Stony Brook)
ShineMike (Stony Brook)
and another 4-8+ at Stony Brook

i think its only fair to add me and sorto in there
What's your real name? I've don't remember playing against anyone who went by your tag.

Also, Prog only listed people he has already played, and I don't think he's ever played you or Sorto.

P.S. I'm leaving the area in two weeks, someone set something up before then please. K thx.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What's your real name? I've don't remember playing against anyone who went by your tag.

Also, Prog only listed people he has already played, and I don't think he's ever played you or Sorto.

P.S. I'm leaving the area in two weeks, someone set something up before then please. K thx.
That's Ben.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
That's Ben.
Sheik's recovery is invincible and stupid. If edgeteching didn't exist, it would be the best recovery among the top tiers by orders of magnitude IMO (excluding Jiggs obviously if you consider her top tier). Regardless, props to Ben for lots of good wins on our SBU ladder.

Also Robbin, keep on sandbagging when you hit Nebraska. Though it's probably called cornbagging there or something. Metaknight is corn tier. Instead of salty/saucy/crunchy, players feel mad corny. CCing is corn-cancelling. Fox' shine is...dare I say...CORNTAGIOUS? (If you don't get that last one, then well, some BFF you are to your BFF).

I could go on, but I won't.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Sheik's recovery is invincible and stupid. If edgeteching didn't exist, it would be the best recovery among the top tiers by orders of magnitude IMO (excluding Jiggs obviously if you consider her top tier).
Or just stand up from the edge as shes poofing and do what you will with her 1214012 minutes of recovery lag.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Guys, is anyone driving to APEX from Long Island?

I'm a top-ranked player in WC Canada, and I'm visiting my aunt in August. I can attend Apex if I can get a ride to and from the tournament.

Is there any chance anyone can help me out?

Just Sexed

Smash Ace
Guys, is anyone driving to APEX from Long Island?

I'm a top-ranked player in WC Canada, and I'm visiting my aunt in August. I can attend Apex if I can get a ride to and from the tournament.

Is there any chance anyone can help me out?
Hmm maybe I was planning on going to Apex I live in Suffolk County. Ill see what I can do.

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
I've never been in a tourny for melee but I love the game and I've always wanted to. Finally some games on Long Island. I'm in.

Top Bottom