• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[LoLiS] MI Circuit (Ann Arbor) MISSION COMPLETE; Total: $5030($1081)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Brawl people: what did you think of having Singles before doubles? (and then starting doubles when singles is no longer using all the setups)

Melee people: How would you feel about doing singles before doubles?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think Brawl Singles and Melee Doubles first is the way to go. Ensures the completion of Brawl Singles at the venue, and since Melee Singles has never been notorious for running slow, it's more reliable as the later Melee event.

anyone know when the finals will be up with commentary?
If you're talking about Melee Grand Finals with Sliq commentary, it's probably going to be the last thing I upload. It'll be up by this weekend at my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Juggleguy

Sliq

Smash Master
I prefer doubles to singles, as doubles is like the appetizer, and then singles is the entre. Doubles get's you warmed up for the main event, so to speak.

If anything, start doubles first, but then after double's pools start singles pools. That way you can take care of doubles bracket matches and pools matches at the same time. You really need to establish someone as a pool leader to make sure matches get played and people don't wander around.

Personally, I usually try to play my pools matches ASAP so **** goes fast, but somehow pools take forever because *******s can't be found anywhere and they have matches.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sliq:

I realized while listening to the recorded audio that for the first couple sets you did commentary on, the microphone volume was set really low. So my laptop's speakers picked up on way too much background chatter. We can still hear you pretty faintly, but yeah... sorry about that. I fixed it in time for Grand Finals, though, so your top tier commentary is loud and clear for at least that set.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
If you want less people for doubles do singles first, most of the do doubles and do better than in singles, so if singles are first they get ***** and say its not worth it meaning doubles fail.

And the tournament went faster because there wasent 6 kids out smoking pot every other match.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I think singles before doubles made it go fast but it would have gone 10 times faster if we had more setups
but it worked regardless

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Doing both doubles first isn't going to work unless we get like, half the attendance we had last time.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
like juggleguy said, brawl singles always takes forever, and its really hard to finish on time if you have it after brawl doubles. and they end up sucking setups from melee which kind of annoys me. if we have a surplus of setups next time i wont mind.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Last time brawl singles ran during melee doubles, this time make melee singles run during brawl doubles to see if it runs as fast. If it doesnt run as fast then i will have no problem doing doubles after singles.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
There will be no one holding up future tournaments. Unless they like forfeiting that is, in which case they won't be holding it up for long.

Also, I believe it was Panda who proposed this?

Start Melee Doubles and Brawl singles pools at the same time. When Melee Doubles finishes, start Melee Singles. When Brawl singles pools finish, run Brawl doubles. When Brawl doubles finishes, run Brawl singles Bracket.

How does that system sound?

JCav

Smash Lord
scotu, i like everything except waiting till brawl doubles is over to start brawl singles bracket

i would personally like to have brawl singles started and finished at one time

just my opinion...

D

Deleted member

Ally and M2K Grand Finals

I wanted to get a picture of the guy with the Isai shirt, but I'm a nerd and forgot. :ohwell:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The guy witht eh Isai shirt is the guy posting above you.

ninja'd

mark you ***

D

Deleted member

I can't go to these every two weeks, so the next one I'm going to is the third event. :laugh:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Err acutally, I don't think i'll be coming to this next one.

UM vs MSU.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
yeah, and guys, there's now an "Events" category in the main post that links to things like the results, and videos for each event and game, and gives an overview of how each event went.

D

Deleted member

No one may make any action "that is a clear attempt to distract another player and or obstruct their ability to interact with the game"

There goes my strategy...

SiShenDao

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to make the 10/03 one... hopefully there will be less construction on highways so I'll take an hour instead of 3 hours to get to ann arbor... then i'll have more time to be lost in ann arbor like last time, arriving at 4pm then leaving so my gps didn't run out of batteries XP

Top Bottom