• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lol... guess what?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Did you know that you can cancel Transform. I was able to transform into Zelda in about 2 seconds (about like Melee Transform.)

Me and my friend have been messing with it and it is very strange. For some reason it doesn't have a set pattern. Some times jumping while you are glowing shortens it. Other times it is C-Stick or L/R. Basically... it seems that almost every button helps it cancel.

Another thing that makes it weird is the fact that it doesn't always work the same way twice. ie I canceled it to 3 seconds with C-Stick left/right and analog. I did it again and it took 5 seconds to transform. -_-

So yeah.. it is weird.

This thread is devoted on finding the one technique that will always work and will work the fastest.

ps I will have a vid uploaded here soon hopefully. <,<

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Transform completion has alternating times. Sometimes it's relatively fast, other times it's very slow. It also appears to be stage dependant; transform whilst lylat's background is loading and it will take ever so slightly longer than usual.

I doubt what you were doing was helping in any way, but by all means please prove me wrong (as this would most likely prove highly beneficial)! Transform is an unpredictable move that will help or hinder depending on its completion time. I need to ask - what stage was this tested on?

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Don't mean to be a ball-buster, but...

Another thing that makes it weird is the fact that it doesn't always work the same way twice. ie I canceled it to 3 seconds with C-Stick left/right and analog. I did it again and it took 5 seconds to transform. -_-
If thats the case, then is there really any true correlation? Had you gotten the same times twice, then it would sound believable, but I think that there are too many factors to take into account to truly say that your button input is making the difference.

saviorslegacy

I love you East. Cuz you have DJango in your avatar!

I done all test at FD just for the record.

Yes.. the button inputs do make a difference it seems. (I also tried tranforming while having no inputs.) So yeah.. it does make a difference.

Yes.. there was another Sheik/Zelda. That would be my friend. (I hope this doesn't end up like the time I found out the Ikes QD could be canceled.... by a Snake mine that is.) -_-

Yes... there does seem to be a buuton combo (IDK what else to call it lol.)

The one that I found to work are:

L/R while moving the analog

C-Stick and A button

A, B buttons and Analog

Jump buton, C-Stick and Analog

The above have canceled it before. *note the seconds during transformation* Now I have not gotten an extremely short one every time but you will eventually get one.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It depends on how much your Wii's DVD drive is chugging at the time in order to find the data for the other character.

There's really no set, predictable pattern to it.

If you're on Wifi with someone who has picked the same color Zelda/Sheik, you can get instant one-way Transforms in the waiting room, even though no one else is there.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I done all test at FD just for the record.
Yes.. there was another Sheik/Zelda.
What ryoko said, and the above quotes will partly explain varied times in transformation also.

What you were doing wasn't actually doing anything. Still post your video up however, it would be interesting to see a before and after transformation, one without button cancel and the other with. ^^

Just be aware that changing stage backgrounds can affect your transformation time. Final D is no exCePtion **.

**yes I cannot spell today.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Instant transforms freeze the game for about a tenth of a second.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Eject Brawl, insert Melee. Consistently instant transform.

As I'm sure we've all gathered, there is no way to tweak it. Zelda will take however long she likes to transform, and who are we to judge?

Afterall, she's a mother****ing princess.

saviorslegacy

Owell... false alarm.
At least I gained in knowledge about Transform. Thanks y'all! ^-^

ps IDK when I'll get the video up (I just got the capture card to work lol.) I have a clan combo vid to make so that is first priority. However, I will start contributing to the Sheik boards with any of my tourney vids.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
pretty sure this was talked about in the Q&A thread before and I tested and messed around with it and came to these results.

"Transforming into Zelda takes less time then transforming into Sheik. Player port with the lowest number count (1-4) has priority over the rest. Another Zelda and or Sheik in the same match will cut transformation time down. Hitting Start will allow the disc to be read and upon un-Pausing transformation is faster (immediate). Previously transforming on stages you plan to fight on seem to cut down Transformation time for future matches.
Stage scenery, item spawn, or other data input during a match may result in longer transformation.
Overall it is situational, and dependent on many factors but those are some things to consider when Transforming. Keep your Wii updated and the disc reader clean, make sure your Brawl Disc is fine."

Top Bottom