• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
anime is absolutly horrible. its a fantasy world kids wish were real, thats why they watch it.

so yea neon are you going? cause if u do. i want to record you and clues ganon ditto
it mite be a fanasty that kids look to for the realworld but its sumthing that many ppl love to watch and enjoy hang out wit ppl that like the same as them ppl also can say thatplayin vidgames is the same thing as watchin anime so dont talk mess about anime got it tgm

G@BE

Smash Lord
sorry at the last second it is just impossible to make this thing. Sorry to everyone how even cared i was coming.

gabe

TGM

Smash Lord
it mite be a fanasty that kids look to for the realworld but its sumthing that many ppl love to watch and enjoy hang out wit ppl that like the same as them ppl also can say thatplayin vidgames is the same thing as watchin anime so dont talk mess about anime got it tgm
anime is stupid+gay and is for little babies who cant let go of thier cartoons.

to the rest of you! please bring tvs/gcn/wii/ssbm. we got 1 more full empty day before this thing is going down. PLEASE re-read the 1st page for rules,directions,phone numbers.....ect.

call me at anytime if need help or just wanna chat.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
I will bring a TV and gamecube. Plus SSBM of course. But I doubt I will be staying the night if I do come. I'm still waiting for my parents to approve it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol @ Rule 19

I'll try to come as early as possible and bring a Wii in case people leave with their systems early.

Some news vids of Brawl will hopefully be out soon...

TGM

Smash Lord
there has been footgae for days! i want footage of people trying out advanced techs. none are confirmed as of now cause no one from SWF has been there to test. HugS and others are going to test out WD and stuff like that.

neon, go to me tourney!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Uh buh?

Looks like wavedashing is indeed out, but I'm sure there will be another way of doing it.

And game mechanics can still be tweaked before the final product. A demo is not meant to be taken as the final form of the game.

New vids from E4A should start pouring in anytime now. Hopefully more characters will be playable, like PT or Snake, but I doubt it. :ohwell:

Former Houstonian Gea has some firsthand insight. Ironic, because he didn't even know about this until I told him about it a week or so ago. ;)

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
there has been footgae for days! i want footage of people trying out advanced techs. none are confirmed as of now cause no one from SWF has been there to test. HugS and others are going to test out WD and stuff like that.

neon, go to me tourney!

im going to it with kage and if i find a link to those vids ill post them hopefully they still have the wavedashing and L cancel on Brawl

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
i dont think they'll be taking out l-cancel, but wavedash might be gone. hope not though

on the other hand, i can bring tv/cube/smash/vcr, i wanna tape my dk ditto mm with mouf

TGM

Smash Lord
none of those techs have been confirmed at all. none. this weekend however we will know for sure.

and kevin, you ARE going? i will record the mm with mouf.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
none of those techs have been confirmed at all. none. this weekend however we will know for sure.

and kevin, you ARE going? i will record the mm with mouf.

also TGM i heard you had an awsome young link as well can we have a match i dont wanna play your samus im scared ="( sad to say lol

TGM

Smash Lord
yea pal thats cool. ill Y link you a bit.

ALSO! i dont know how many of you remember Gea( doc main).....the young smash players wont remember.

anywayz, he is at E for All in cali and he is playing brawl now. he said that fox is totally nerfed(yahoo) and the game play is slower than melee(which can be fixed with short hops and dash dancing).

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
hurray for nerfed fox! joy for the rest of us

my car is gone for the weekend, but my friend miguel (from side effect's tourny) should be taking me. if he cant for some reason, i'll find some way to get there. i really wanna go

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
yea pal thats cool. ill Y link you a bit.

ALSO! i dont know how many of you remember Gea( doc main).....the young smash players wont remember.

anywayz, he is at E for All in cali and he is playing brawl now. he said that fox is totally nerfed(yahoo) and the game play is slower than melee(which can be fixed with short hops and dash dancing).

thats soo awsome so are you going to change mains or stick with samus and also i heard link is going to be a top tear yipee

TGM

Smash Lord
yea plz go. i want the dk ditto to go down!

if u can kevin get u and you buddy to bring tvs/wiis/gcn/ssbm

ssbm im still marth/samus

in brawl it may be lucus

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
sure, i can bring a tv, cube, smash, and a vcr. dk has gotten a lot better and he's even with my doc, so im lookin forward to the match

TGM

Smash Lord
nope. ness is not gone. i can swear to you the original 12 are not gone.

GEA UPDATE:

i'm plsying dsf now. meta is not broken. fox is way nerfed and so is peaches dsmash. di is weird but more effective and weight differences are more pronounced.

missle cancelling seems to be out and diddys dash attack is his kartwheel. ike is way way slow and link seems about the same. up b auto sweetspots.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
nope. ness is not gone. i can swear to you the original 12 are not gone.

GEA UPDATE:

i'm plsying dsf now. meta is not broken. fox is way nerfed and so is peaches dsmash. di is weird but more effective and weight differences are more pronounced.

missle cancelling seems to be out and diddys dash attack is his kartwheel. ike is way way slow and link seems about the same. up b auto sweetspots.

thats awsome so is ganondorf going to be there because if im right you have to unlock him on ssbm but i hope i can still use the triforce on ssbb

TGM

Smash Lord
ganon is not confirmed....but a gaming mag a few months back had an interview with the designer of ganon and shiek and he said he had to update thier costums for brawl. so its sorta confirmed

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
ganon is not confirmed....but a gaming mag a few months back had an interview with the designer of ganon and shiek and he said he had to update thier costums for brawl. so its sorta confirmed

thats awsome and i was looking at some ssbm footage and ive noticed that zero suit samus and shiek have the same moves nearly

TGM

Smash Lord
yea but zamus is only usable thru the smash ball......wich will be banned at tourney play......cause some super smashes are too powerfull(aka super sonic and one other that does a 1 hit KO)

TGM

Smash Lord
fox is not gone. hes just been watered down.....

main some one who u actualy have to EARN wins with.

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I feel terrible... I would much rather be earning my wins like you do... oh **** wait... what wins? Uhh....

TGM

Smash Lord
nice try. but it failed.

there is a guy on game faqs saying IKE is beyond slow. all his attack leave him open for huge amounts of time. hes has roys horrible-ness+ganon slowness.......

so who will seth main now?!?!?!?!?!?!

some guy claims he was talking to gimpy.....gimpy said:

no wavedashing and no wavelanding

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
inetersting... maybe gimpy's a little biased towards bowser? i dunno, sounds like its not as good as melee, but i guess its just different

TGM

Smash Lord
if u compar it to melee, its horrible. if u accept you will have to learn new things and realize that melee is 6 years old and a new game is needed....its a great game.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
exactly. its a good game on its own, not as in old smash was good, melee is better, and this one should be the best, its not like that. melee might stay as the hardcore tournament game, but i'll be playing brawl more

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
sigh.. idk if i can go guys, the main purpose i'm going to TX is to go to my aunt's Wedding. which is this Sat...so i'll try my best to come, i'll try to come Sat, but idk how long you guys are going to smash.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
nice try. but it failed.

there is a guy on game faqs saying IKE is beyond slow. all his attack leave him open for huge amounts of time. hes has roys horrible-ness+ganon slowness.......

so who will seth main now?!?!?!?!?!?!

some guy claims he was talking to gimpy.....gimpy said:

no wavedashing and no wavelanding

airdodging is like how we predicted, just go with momentum,

Fox can SH triple laser.
Fox can jump out of shine, but it requires that you hold down and B, you can't let go or he'll go into a different animation, hold down and b and then jump.

Bowser is hardcore.
Claw is ridiculous
Bowser will probably be top tier
Up+B out of shield is same, just as powerful.

Samus has a dark suit red visor, Fusion suit, Sonic costumes are recolors of blue, Fox has a starwolf outfit. Diddy Kong has Dixie Kong outfit without the hair, Bowser has a golden costume, made out of gold.

Mario's fsmash is so slow,

Samus can't missile cancel, animation doesn't stop, hard to do though.
Bomb jumping is tough, hitting bombs not directly on top of them knocks you to the side.
If you die as zero suit, you stay as zero suit, you can't automatically be zero suit like changing from Zelda to Sheik at the beginning of a round.

Samus charged shot isn't strong, peach was shot with it fully charged at 87% didn't kill.

Can catch edge even if you're facing wrong way, edgehogging is easy. Edgehogging will be the new edgeguard of choice, characters ‘click’ to it.

Peach is nerfed.
Peach’s dsmash is nerfed, no range
Float canceling not sure
Peach seems heavier

Sonic, not as good as you expect
moves don't have much knockback, kind of 'loose',
all the new chars, he's least popular, hardest learning curve

Do an aerial that has forward momentum and when you land it’s almost the same as a waveland. Certain moves / aerials have less friction/traction,

DI is more pronounced, you can get out of stuff a lot easier, takes knockback easier, can survive until 150.

L-canceling is not in as far as we can tell.

How does the game feel: Feels slower, definitely, on classic, feels awkward, accidentally jump alot, can't SH on the wiimote, everyone is so floaty. Brawl plays really differently, it’s awkward for now because not used to it. Not a lot of lag for moves, maybe lag lowered for sake of demo.
Wow Brawl seems to have changed a lot. Hope they know what they are doing... As long as theres a CF with super powerful joints then i dont care about WD. Other than that, Sakurai U F***ing Japanese ninja u screwed smash bros!:lick:.

dawn001

Smash Ace

you know I got you man. just let me know when you are going to get here.

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
ok cool cool ill call you on friday and stuff but i must know for sure that you are going i dont want that bull stuff about you cant go at the last second ...

THERE IS GOING TO BE L-CANCEL AND WAVEDASH I HAVE A VIDEO OF IN GAMEPLAY AND AS YOU CAN SEE AT 1:32 MARIO DOES THE AIR DOGED...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ad-SnIBzkR8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom