• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tourney started around 1ish and ended around 7ish? I believe 32 people showed up, but not everyone entered the tourney and lack of OOC. We had some delicious IHOP for an after-tourney meal, except the oatmeal they had (poor Rayzorium...). Teams got cut due to lack of time/interest....

TGM said there MIGHT be another one on Nov 10. It's real soon, because he has other things to do. It's not official until he confirms it...

Also, TGM was shocked by the garage's light switch in the kitchen. I mean, sparks FLEW OUT of the switch. It was a scary moment, but fortunately, he seemed unhurt...

I'd do shoutouts, but blah...

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
can someone post full results (looks at TGM) and can someone get those recorded vids up as soon as possible (looks at clue)

dawn vs mouf was close as heck, so was me vs clue

ppl get tired of watching roy vs ronnie on grand finals i guess lol, tgm vs royr was new though so that was fun to watch ^^ good stuff Allan you did really good against all these falcons glad i didnt have to play you :laugh:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Green Greens was not nice to TGM at all. Seriously.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You know I was thinking recently that Houston's pretty cool because they've got a lot of good smashers and they're still all gung-ho about Melee and still getting better. Almost everyone else in Texas just doesn't care anymore...me too I guess. I still like playing and all but I've got no drive to get good. So yeah, keep it up guys. I'll bet by February you'll be dominating Texas and you'll be able to shove all those Houston jokes back in their faces as you **** them right through the pants.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, bluezaft.

Houston has gotten better only because we've finally gotten our act together and a WHOLE lot of new people have joined. We're making up for lost time. ;)

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
Great stuff guys, great stuff. Even though i couldn't come to the tournament portion because i had other things to do, just bein there from some smash was a lot of fun.

I would do shoutouts, but i didn't really play a whole lot of people, so i'll have to skip on those. Rayz ***** me again as usual, but everyone else i found myself getting surprisingly close to. I just might be catching up to the rest of the smashers lol

TGM, I would like to see the DK ditto vid online lol that was amazing

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, yeah, I agree, as a whole, houston has gotten a lot better. And yeah, stuff and stuff. Good tourney everyone. I got owned lol.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
i know i did better than the last tournament i went to. i got 2 wins, and knockouts were from rayzorium and dawn, so im nnot disappointed

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff yesterday guys, made up for my mediocre performance at the last monthly.

I would post shout outs but... we'll see. SERIOUSLY though hardly anyone watched finals =[

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
I really wish finals were recorded because I played so well in them.

Me vs. Sethlon(3 out of 5) was recorded and will be up in a day or two.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
My matches against Clueless, Ronnie, and roy_r were all recorded, pretty much only because i bugged clue to do so =} Sadly, finals were not recorded...lack of hype for the semi/ultimate finals really was quite dissapointing.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
My matches against Clueless, Ronnie, and roy_r were all recorded, pretty much only because i bugged clue to do so =} Sadly, finals were not recorded...lack of hype for the semi/ultimate finals really was quite dissapointing.

TGM

Smash Lord
Yes! For once i did not have a crappy bracket!!!!!!! Me got 4th!!!!

Dawn-thank you for come-ing all the way from mexico to play. i apreciate that more than you know. and keep playing majoras and you will do better against me samus.

Kage-the ganon+link pic.........GROSS!

Seth- again, im sorry for yelling during your match

SideEffect-i didnt record the finals cause........it happens every tourney time....its just boring. no offense to you or roy.

Roy- you lost your "best in houton" status.....

Gabe- no pika vs samus matches......horrible.

Rayzorium- you beat me last monthlie, i beat you this monthlie. tasty!

Mouf-your dk ditto will be up soon.

Bear- our money match was rigged....luigi is cheap and shouldnt ever fight Y link again.

Rice University kids(duck,mech,wolf)- from ehat ive heard and SEEN you guys have gotten WAY better than last time. Duck, me impressed...you beat dawn.

me cant remember much more but i had a blast. i will most likly have on on nov 10th but i gots to see if me parents are coming down. ill let you guys know.

BlueZaft,kite,hylian, please go next time. its highly fun and it be better with you guys going.

K1T3

Smash Lord
It's far....
I was going to go this last time but my ride to Houston left Friday morning before my classes so I couldn't drop in and suprise yall =(

if I ever see you I want some marth dittos =)

Shök

Smash Champion
so if the next tourney happens, how much will it be, oh iam sorry for not making it, i heard it was really awesome, i missed out

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
by the way TGM me an you never got that ohh well next time anit was kickass lovd the tourney but i still wanna play mr.3000

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
sounds like i missed out on some good action oh well there always nice time i guess.....=)
muahahahahahahah............MASTER MATCH 2 OUT OF 3.......TOUNAMENT RULES.........LOSER CALLS THE WINNER(ME) MASTER FOR A WEEK..........kinda weak prize but thats as far as he would shoot for........my victory awaites:grin::grin::grin:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
so if the next tourney happens, how much will it be, oh iam sorry for not making it, i heard it was really awesome, i missed out
First page has info...$10 for singles, $5 for teams...

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
so TGM next tourney is nov 1 but what are you going to do for your b-day are you going to throw one as well

dawn001

Smash Ace
wow i think i did good this tourny i think i place 7th out of hmm maybe 20 people or more not sure..
SETH i dont know what happen on dream land dude by the time i knew you had lost and i had all 4 lifes but still you reck dude no lie i hope i get to play your roy more is kick ***
MOUF dude our match was the best one i had cant wait to play again vs your falco....
TGM dude i hate your samus but dont worry you reck i will defeat you one day well some how lol nice tourny dude ill be back for the next one for sure and hopefully bring people from here...
TARZAN what happen dude you looked sad when you lost dont worry about it ..
VOID lol sorry for knocking you out of the loser bracket but good match..
KAGE i dint play you in the tourny but i know our match would had been a good one...
KAMIKAZE your doc is nasty but you should had not switch your doc for a DK bad choice vs my fox but nice match..
and for the rest of the poeple that i dont know or forgot nice playing yall all!

TGM

Smash Lord
Ok ive decided me next monthlie will most likly be on nov 10th. rules,time and everythig will be the same as last time.

EXCEPT!

it will be the month of my B-day and SideEffects B-day! so it will be extra special!!! i dont know how but it will. i might buy a cake for me and ron ron.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
muahahahahahahah............MASTER MATCH 2 OUT OF 3.......TOUNAMENT RULES.........LOSER CALLS THE WINNER(ME) MASTER FOR A WEEK..........kinda weak prize but thats as far as he would shoot for........my victory awaites:grin::grin::grin:
wow! i lost.....quite badly looks like i got to call u master and dont get jealous i made up sumthing cruz i was bored (also i made it for me and PIMPSLAP to practice every week and test your skillz agianst each other)

MASTER MATCH RULZ

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
dawn, i'll remember that against the fox. dk vs. fox is normally a pretty fun match, but i need to remember to stay away from him in actually tourny matches, just stick to my doc and sheik

AdamTheMechE

Smash Rookie
The tournament was fun, but once again I got eliminated and THEN started to do well. Oh well, I guess no wave dashing, short hops, or l-canceling kinda brings down your chances. Still, the friendlies were fun, so thanks to everyone I got to play, and see you all next time!

TGM

Smash Lord
for the record: L canceling has been proven true in brawl. i just read this. yippi!

L Canceling – Alright, the very last day we had the demo we finally figured this one out. You CAN l cancel, and l canceling removes all the lag from your airials. Remember that l cancel stands for LAG cancel, NOT the button that you press. You l cancel in brawl by fast falling and then doing your airials, it takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s obviously useful to have no lag after moves. You don’t actually have to press a button, as long as you are fast falling before you do your aerial you should l cancel.

this is from gimpy by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom