• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Judging from all the vids and talk, everyone is going to have to re-learn the entire game from scratch. Hmm, still no playable Snake or Pokemon Trainer...

Just from pure speculation, I believe Meta Knight will be top tier. Everything about him seems too good...

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
All next gen games seem to be slower im not quite sure why, such as halo 3 compared to halo 2. i havent played any other sequels that started from last gen to next gen games lately, i'll have to look into that

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Man, E4All info + studying for government test tomorrow (today?) has completely and utterly ***** any and all of my sleep tonight. Check out Gimpy's thread on the brawl info for all the cool stuff that he/they've found out (Ink Drop Cancelling lol, first day and we've already got advanced tactics)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, lots of info to absorb and process after just one day. I'm sure the people over there are tired, and yet the event lasts until Sunday. Definitely go read gimpy's thread in the Brawl section, it's stickied. They seems to have nerfed all the good characters in Melee and rebalanced the average/bad ones.

IGN vids
Lyn attack trophy=****.

TGM

Smash Lord
ok guys, tomorrow is the big day!!!!!!!!

please read the front page one last time if you are unsure on anything!!!!

Bring TVS/GCN/Wii/SSBM

I highly recommend anybody who does not have me phone number in thier cell to do so now. u WILL need it. most needed it last time. 409-692-0697. directions or u just wanna talk, call me.

so far 25+ are expected. this means good pot.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, good pot, as opposed to bad pot. :(

Brawl is too good. :)

TGM

Smash Lord
Ok so yea, this will be my last post of the day! i hope to see everybody on sat at 11am or earlier. everyone may stay the nite on fri(today) and sat. everything you need to know will be on front page or you can call me and ill help you out.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
anime is stupid+gay and is for little babies who cant let go of thier cartoons.

to the rest of you! please bring tvs/gcn/wii/ssbm. we got 1 more full empty day before this thing is going down. PLEASE re-read the 1st page for rules,directions,phone numbers.....ect.

call me at anytime if need help or just wanna chat.

like i said TGM when u really think about it anybody over the age of 17 shouldn't be playin vid games cruz they for kids isnt that rite? so why talk crap about it huh? oh... and dont say "cruz they have different ratings for older ppl" that their is bull**** cruz anime is the same way!....so dont talk crap about anime i takes that to the heart! got all that fu!......:mad:

on a l8tr note......so VOID how we goin to do this dr.mario ditto or whoever we want?
(dont forget its on MONDAY @ aces house!)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
like i said TGM when u really think about it anybody over the age of 17 shouldn't be playin vid games cruz they for kids isnt that rite? so why talk crap about it huh?

Lol, what? I went to my first smash tournament when i was 15.

...wow, that was a really long time ago.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
ok cool cool ill call you on friday and stuff but i must know for sure that you are going i dont want that bull stuff about you cant go at the last second ...

THERE IS GOING TO BE L-CANCEL AND WAVEDASH I HAVE A VIDEO OF IN GAMEPLAY AND AS YOU CAN SEE AT 1:32 MARIO DOES THE AIR DOGED...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ad-SnIBzkR8

your going to the smashfest afterall then

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
but.. u get wut im sayin rite seth?.....TGM says "that anime is for little babies" the same can be said for vidgames (but now there is the problem of ratings like for anime: G-H and vid games: E-AO)<==== same thing rite?
Yeah, pretty sure Allen is just trying to grind someone's gears is all. There is little logic to what he would be saying. All the same, even the US has had a much smaller and less impressive, yet existant, library of animated entertainment made to appeal to an older demographic such as Family Guy or Futurama.

What japanese animation has put to the table is even much more mature works such as Hellsing, Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll. I think the closest the US has come to making anything like that is Heavy Metal (2000) which garnered next to no appeal.

But if TGM wants to act like all anime consists of Panda Go Panda! then I have just as much right to think all Nintendo games are for sissy ғaggots who like children's games.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Children's games? Resident Evil 4 says otherwise. It didn't make you pee your pants? ;_;

Honestly, not all anime is bad, but it's when people go over the top and try incorporating what they see into real life or, god-forbid, act like the characters or make lame and frequent references that no one else cares about, that it really gets annoying.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
hey rockettrainer are you going to TGMs smashfest if soo i wouldnt mind having a few more matches i need some work against marths and who better to play against

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
pimp, i'll take ur dk ditto, but im kinda broke to mm it. im gonna hav to borrow $20 just to be able to enter and eat and stuff, but i'll definitely play you

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Children's games? Resident Evil 4 says otherwise. It didn't make you pee your pants? ;_;

Honestly, not all anime is bad, but it's when people go over the top and try incorporating what they see into real life or, god-forbid, act like the characters or make lame and frequent references that no one else cares about, that it really gets annoying.

Smart man.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
ok cool cool ill call you on friday and stuff but i must know for sure that you are going i dont want that bull stuff about you cant go at the last second ...

THERE IS GOING TO BE L-CANCEL AND WAVEDASH I HAVE A VIDEO OF IN GAMEPLAY AND AS YOU CAN SEE AT 1:32 MARIO DOES THE AIR DOGED...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ad-SnIBzkR8

dawn, void and neon call me before 6pm we need to get together to see what we are going to do. Either we leave tonight (friday) and spend the night at TGM's house, or we leave in the morning. Hit me up, cause I would much rather leave tonight, because traffic is horrible on the weekend.

Pimpslap, if you need a ride hit me up before 6pm and slang me some gas money and I'll take you. We are staying the night though.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman

dawn, void and neon call me before 6pm we need to get together to see what we are going to do. Either we leave tonight (friday) and spend the night at TGM's house, or we leave in the morning. Hit me up, cause I would much rather leave tonight, because traffic is horrible on the weekend.

Pimpslap, if you need a ride hit me up before 6pm and slang me some gas money and I'll take you. We are staying the night though.

awsome so its 12$ for the tournament and its how much for the gas?

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet

In response to you mentioning RE4, I was merely bringing up a counter-point. But as far as horror games RE4 was pretty light. The game was great for it's action, as horror in the game was lacking even compared to all 3 of the prequals. Eternal Darkness was a Gamecube exclusive which I thought was much more ballsy with it's scares.

Oh, of course. Out of everything there is always fanatics that, whether they are a majoriy or not, make any semi-popular interest very annoying.

There are all the same mistakes in the smash community too, so there is really no excuse. There is lingo thrown about (Johns, knee of justice, wavedashing, l-cancelling, yadda yadda) that no one outside of the community gives 2 ****s about and most likely thinks you're a stupid nerd obsessed with children's games.

Also see Mew2King. He's the classic pathetic nerd and he's quite obsessed about smash. I'm sure all of you also think that SSBM is one of the best games out there, but what do you think he's representing? An annoying fanatic to anyone outside of the community I'm sure.

So here's your chance to wisen up. You can accept that there are a number of variables that make up a person's interests and understand that by calling them children or idiots are not going to change that. People have interests for reasons and mine was because Akira kicked ***, Super Mario Bros. and Wolfenstein 3D were fun and creating anything like them sounded like a grand idea too. The mexicans next door to me? They listen to trumpets and **** because they were raised on it, they wanted to get out of Mexico and live affordably in America so they learned how to jack cars and hop fences well. At face value it's all looks stupid, but everyone has their reasons for what they think, believe, and like.

tl;dr: Find your place, and don't be a hating fool.

Edit:

I'm coming over after work tonight around 11:30-12:30 OKAYYYYY???
Off I go

G@BE

Smash Lord
MM anyone....

people i dont want to MM
Mouff
Alex
Ray
Rayz
Ronnie
Roy

umm
i just want to see if i can beat any new houston meat

Velox

Smash Ace
RAYZORIUM BAR NONE!

I love Aaron's thought-filled posts.

G@BE said:
That game sure was really good... >.>
Sooooooo what? Why single out this "game"? You know what else is good? Rammstein. Oh, and... nice sig, cept it shouldn't be green (should be blue? Yellow? beige-umber?)

*hopes he gets banned for "spam", seeing he will never play again and what not*

Oh, and I'm proud of you "Katy" players (void, kage, dawn). Seriously, I thought you guys would quit after that smash-fest way back early January, but you kept on going and I've heard good things about your skill now-n-days. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously impressed with you 3.

Oh, and Onii-chan, "kids over 17 shouldn't be playing games"? That doesn't even make sense. However, I know what you are foolishly soley basing that on, the fact that the last generation (people in their 30's now), didn't contiune on games after they were 17. Perhaps because the games then sucked? The games then weren't the epitome of competition like they are now. Now, a better (suggested) refute to TGM's comment on anime would have been "that's not true" and focusing on how it's not true. Not brainlessly outlassing on something you assume he likes a lot and how it's bad or something. That kind of thing gets annoying FYI. Plus, I can't even believe how you took his comment seriously ???

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Yeah, pretty sure Allen is just trying to grind someone's gears is all. There is little logic to what he would be saying. All the same, even the US has had a much smaller and less impressive, yet existant, library of animated entertainment made to appeal to an older demographic such as Family Guy or Futurama.

What japanese animation has put to the table is even much more mature works such as Hellsing, Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll. I think the closest the US has come to making anything like that is Heavy Metal (2000) which garnered next to no appeal.

But if TGM wants to act like all anime consists of Panda Go Panda! then I have just as much right to think all Nintendo games are for sissy ғaggots who like children's games.

In response to you mentioning RE4, I was merely bringing up a counter-point. But as far as horror games RE4 was pretty light. The game was great for it's action, as horror in the game was lacking even compared to all 3 of the prequals. Eternal Darkness was a Gamecube exclusive which I thought was much more ballsy with it's scares.

Oh, of course. Out of everything there is always fanatics that, whether they are a majoriy or not, make any semi-popular interest very annoying.

There are all the same mistakes in the smash community too, so there is really no excuse. There is lingo thrown about (Johns, knee of justice, wavedashing, l-cancelling, yadda yadda) that no one outside of the community gives 2 ****s about and most likely thinks you're a stupid nerd obsessed with children's games.

Also see Mew2King. He's the classic pathetic nerd and he's quite obsessed about smash. I'm sure all of you also think that SSBM is one of the best games out there, but what do you think he's representing? An annoying fanatic to anyone outside of the community I'm sure.

So here's your chance to wisen up. You can accept that there are a number of variables that make up a person's interests and understand that by calling them children or idiots are not going to change that. People have interests for reasons and mine was because Akira kicked ***, Super Mario Bros. and Wolfenstein 3D were fun and creating anything like them sounded like a grand idea too. The mexicans next door to me? They listen to trumpets and **** because they were raised on it, they wanted to get out of Mexico and live affordably in America so they learned how to jack cars and hop fences well. At face value it's all looks stupid, but everyone has their reasons for what they think, believe, and like.

tl;dr: Find your place, and don't be a hating fool.

Edit:

I'm coming over after work tonight around 11:30-12:30 OKAYYYYY???
Off I go
WOW! u just explained wut i said in great detail! so....i guess we on the same page?:confused:

RAYZORIUM BAR NONE!

I love Aaron's thought-filled posts.

Sooooooo what? Why single out this "game"? You know what else is good? Rammstein. Oh, and... nice sig, cept it shouldn't be green (should be blue? Yellow? beige-umber?)

*hopes he gets banned for "spam", seeing he will never play again and what not*

Oh, and I'm proud of you "Katy" players (void, kage, dawn). Seriously, I thought you guys would quit after that smash-fest way back early January, but you kept on going and I've heard good things about your skill now-n-days. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously impressed with you 3.

Oh, and Onii-chan, "kids over 17 shouldn't be playing games"? That doesn't even make sense. However, I know what you are foolishly soley basing that on, the fact that the last generation (people in their 30's now), didn't contiune on games after they were 17. Perhaps because the games then sucked? The games then weren't the epitome of competition like they are now. Now, a better (suggested) refute to TGM's comment on anime would have been "that's not true" and focusing on how it's not true. Not brainlessly outlassing on something you assume he likes a lot and how it's bad or something. That kind of thing gets annoying FYI. Plus, I can't even believe how you took his comment seriously ???
wut?wutevr its just that i cant stand to see someone or anyone for that fact put down anything i like its just the way i am i can change that.......just the other day some guy was puttin down SSBM i nearly kicked his a**, but i didnt cruz a friend calmed me down......so yeah im crazy like that

will if he was just ****ing around then i guess this is done wit (im still goin to the anime con tho):chuckle:

G@BE

Smash Lord
Yea.. so seeing as i don't have anyone else to go with me at 12 o clock to the tourney. my mother has decided that i can not go because she does not want me driving alone >.<

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
You *******s need to purchase a Wii so I can wax all of ya'll in brawl. Though, with no wave dashing this is going to be adjustments for everybody, though spacing! Spacing!

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
I had no clue about oni-con being on the same day. It's pretty obvious what this argument was about then.

I just got home, but it feels like I've gotten no sleep at all, I don't think I'd be able to drive to work much more perform and do deliveries. There's the possibility of me being fired as well for coming in an hour late, but that's the best I can do for when these caffeine pills kick in.

My Tournament Results:
I got dead last. Bacon was a real suprise! Never heard of the guy, but he's got a solid jiggly that put me in the loser's bracket. Bear I can only beat half the time on a good day. It's not a big shock the results were me losing to a couple of really close battles.

I really need someone to practice with out here in Spring. The closest person I know of is XZalla, but he's out near 1960 and I'm on Rayford. I've actually improved a lot by not even playing (it happens), but I think I'll most likely be better off if someone were around to play now and then at least.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
EMmm, results.

1st: SideEffect
2nd: Roy_R
3rd: Sethlon
4th: TGM
5th: Gabe/Rayzorium

The first shout outs are mine!!!

Everybody: What the **** at the lack of hype for the final matches. TGM vs royr was super hyped, but i think there were like 3-4 people actually watching the final matches.

Dawn: dizzamn at the tech skill! dreamland was bad, haha.

Bacon: getting reverse up-b killed sucks, eh? You have to be really careful about getting in close against roy with jiggs.

Clueless: Nice job taking TGM outta winners; playing against you is really fun. Also muchos gracias for running around and recording stuff at my command :}

Rayzorium: Yay, i win agayn! :} Lol at the fact that you were like the only one in that little group who said they were satisfied with how they did :(

Mouf: Never again shall the overgrown monkeys persecute the roys! :mad::mad::mad::p:embarrass

Ronnie: Heh, you've gotten a bit better at playing on green greens, yeah? *Sad* at the fact that I'll never get to play FD against you again. I need to find some other stage that actually does well with roy =/. Good stuff with winning the tourny!

Roy_R: UGGH, i can't ****in hit you!!! :(:(:( Super good spacing + super good DI = captain falcon never dies. Too good, too good.

TGM: Once again, great tourney. Sad that teams got booted though. Good job on beating rayz and placing as high as you did! Green green betrayed you when you played roy_r :ohwell:

Bear: One of these days, mcd's is gonna kill us. No teams for us =/ Thanks again for drivin me everywhere.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might go to the next one of these >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom