• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Smash this weekend would be amazing.

Also, if roy had a shine he would be top tier. Waveshine -> dtilt or fsmash would be the most amazing thing to ever grace this game.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
lol-yea its mouf-and yea Sethlon i would try to main roy if he had waveshine-lolololol-and Sethlon i never got around playin u before jus watched u at tgms smashfest i should play u some time-have a roy ditto-lol

dawn001

Smash Ace
DID ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE TAP A CANCEL???? CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if this has been openly discussed before, I'm not sure how I would search for it...

Essentially, this allows you to rapidly do the first of multiple stage tap a's (Fox's two punches and starting kicks for instance). Basically you can do only the first punch/first two punches quickly without having the kicks start. Or rapid fire the first slap of Peach's 1-2 slap, which is suprisingly fast and leaves very little room to get shield grabbed. This pretty much works with all characters...

How to do it~

Essentially, all you do is tap a, then hold DOWN and BACK from the way you're facing (so in essence, diagonally back) before the tap A animation ends (this makes it very easy to setup). Then time quick tap a's depending on the character you're using.

Mixing up your timing of these tap a's further decreases your chance of getting shield grabbed (really good for Peach players that love to float cancel straight into people's shields). I'm not too sure how useful it would be with other characters.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've never seen it being used in any tournament play or friendlies that I've ever seen, including myself lol since I never remember to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus420 View Post
This works by interrupting the window on the follow up move with a crouch, which the window often extends well after the actual duration of the move, and holding down-behind doubles as being able to jab while crouched/getting into a crouching position. Some also have IASAs on the first jabs that shorten it further. Like Peach for example:

Slap 1

Total frames: 19
Hit frames: 2-3
Window of the second slap: 3-25
IASA: 16

If you were to time Slap 1's normally while standing, you wouldn't be able to Slap 1 again until the 26th frame by waiting out the 2nd slap window. By IASA'ing with a crouch (it also cancels the Slap 2 window) you can follow up with another Slap 1 on the 17th frame. That's a very big difference comparatively.

By holding down/away instead of tapping down you don't have to worry about timing the crouch as it's done the 1st moment you can, and you don't have to waste time to get the stick back into a neutral postition to do the jab, allowing you to do it slightly faster for the most part. It has to be perfectly diagonal though so make sure it's firmly pressed into the notch on the controller, or you will d-tilt or turn around f-tilt instead. A pretty obvious downside for doing it that way, however, would be if you were to get hit out of the jab by something you would be DIing it terribly.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Dawn, it's called jab canceling. SilentWolf has been doing it fo'eva'

And mouf, you still have yet to beat me in falco dittos son.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
idc if i beat you in falco dittos or not i've still done more with falco then you have *promptly winz arguement*

also i think ronnie is the best falco in houston but as long as we're being honest with ourselves over here ronnie is the best of alot of characters in houston

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
tech skill doesn't matter, i can only waveshine with falco like 3 times in a row before i **** up and i think we all understand that my falco is devestating
we need to sit down and play... i think i can beat you in falco dittos... you should come over with TGM, or are yall not cool anymore?

TGM and Moggie...
I got 3 vidz up on youtube so far... Jeremy Feifer vs Moggie .., still got like 12 left that i should have up by tommorow night.

Ronnies best with: Fox and Falco... cant think of anymore... well I guess Doc too. Who else?

dawn001

Smash Ace
we need to sit down and play... i think i can beat you in falco dittos... you should come over with TGM, or are yall not cool anymore?

TGM and Moggie...
I got 3 vidz up on youtube so far... Jeremy Feifer vs Moggie .., still got like 12 left that i should have up by tommorow night.

Ronnies best with: Fox and Falco... cant think of anymore... well I guess Doc too. Who else?
hey how old were those video cause your falco looks slow and crappy!!!

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
*Clears throat*

In my honest opinion my best Houston chars include and are not limited to:

Fox
Falco
Link
Doc
Mario
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Pichu(love him)
(accepting dittos or any type of challenge as I am sure people will ask for them)

oh nooo here comes allan guyz oh gawd

ALLAN: MAINZ MAINZ MAINZ *spits on everyones face while talking* iTZ ALL THAT MATTERZ AAH IM GAY.

STFU its been 6 years, lay the mains talk to rest and have fun.

EDIT: Wow Mog I watched the vids. Was someone playing for you in those? That didn't seem like you. You little ***** I know you've been practicing. I like the platform dashes, and you did alot of stuff you used to not do. Just DI better please. And you are the only other that uses my color =D

Jeremy, molto bello molto bello. And nice combos. Just shoot lasers when Fox is recovering from the endge, you had a few opportunities to hit him with them.

TGM

Smash Lord
Ronnie is the best fox

Falco may be mouf or jeremy

Link is 3000

marth is me

falcon is roy

roy is sethlon

ganon is xzalla or cesar

doc is kamakazi kevin

mains,*****.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
oh nooo here comes allan guyz oh gawd

ALLAN: MAINZ MAINZ MAINZ *spits on everyones face while talking* iTZ ALL THAT MATTERZ AAH IM GAY.
This seriously made me Lol in the middle of the college campus.
I bet lots of people are looking at me funny now.

G@BE

Smash Lord
LAWLLLLLLLLL

-=just jokes=-

I beat jake and mouff in falco dittos all the time blah blah blah

and he is my main now :p lawlllllerbladesssssssssss

Yep i main falco and such... Falcon sucks marth sucks... allan sucks... i mean all the reason to main falco right?

jk...

but i do main falco heh

heytallman

CTALL
SideEffect, I'd love to see your Jigglypuff sometime. Of course, compared to mine, yours will probably win, but I'd still like to do a Jiggz ditto with you.

Also nobody in Houston uses Ness?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Mario

Jeremy, molto bello molto bello. And nice combos. Just shoot lasers when Fox is recovering from the endge, you had a few opportunities to hit him with them.
Ronnie, since when do you use reg. mario, and what do you mean when fox is recovering from endge?

but i do main falco heh
Thats cool.

TGM,
Im putting vidz up as we speak...I post here when done.

Tell Kamekaz Kevin, he can suck a Kamekazi... jk, but it was funny when I thought of it... its all good though Kevin.

ATTENTION all houston TODAY through Thursday IM FREE FOR LIKE THE WHOLE DAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... after that I WORK EVERY SINGLE DAY THATS LEFT IN DECEMBEr... IF YU WANT TO PLAY AND GET SOME MATCHES RECOREDED.... WE CAN DO THIS THING... PM ME...

Btw, if we were to make a new team houston right now I wonder who'd be in it...? Wondders.

Colombian Falcon

Smash Apprentice
Sandtrap is best giggly.

My best are

Falcon
Samus
Marth
Game and Watch
Maybe Sheik:)

Tarzan when are you and Ronnie gonna kidnap me:confused::):colorful:

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Vidz of me and moggie...

Jeremy Feifer(Falco) vs Moggie(Fox) 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYx-UrxfW4E

Jeremy Feifer(Falco) vs Moggie(Fox) 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kvbBc_CCM0

Jeremy Feifer(Falco) vs Moggie(Fox) 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NFkS2O3O_E

Jeremy Feifer(Falco) vs Moggie(Fox) 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lStYFpCGTMs

Jeremy Feifer(Falco) vs Moggie(Fox) 5- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OfU5BBzi58

Jeremy Feifer(Falcon) vs Moggie(Fox) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IRpJamk3hY

working on getting the rest up/... with tgm in them... got 6 left to put up.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Sandtrap is best giggly.

My best are

Falcon
Samus
Marth
Game and Watch
Maybe Sheik:)

Tarzan when are you and Ronnie gonna kidnap me:confused::):colorful:
A: It's Jiggly. Not giggly, LMFAO

B: You, best sheik? Die.

HeyTallMan: Sure we can jiggs ditto.

Jeremy: My Mario is amazing, trust me. And I mean shoot lasers as FALCO when fox is off the stage and you can interrupt his Foward B or Up B.

Gabe came over a little earlier. He isn't half bad. But I'm best falco ;D

C: We aren't going to tell you when, most likely when you are sleeping though.

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
i'm just curious, how come it seems to be impossible for anyone to spell kamikaze correctly? lol

sideeffect, i'll doc ditto u. roy, i'll game and watch ditto u. i'd put money on it, but i'm eternally broke...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Glad to see it was added. It didn't happen last year, but I know some people were there playing friendlies. Also, please make it Brawl. Two months should be more than enough time to prepare. :)

TGM

Smash Lord
yea i never heard of this. ill surely go. ill offer rides too. by the way, i just played maple story......WAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA its a funny game.

and mog is pretty good for not playing in over 4 months. looks like dawn may sick down a notch on the fox list.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, they didn't have smash last year, but a couple of random people were there playing friendlies, including yours truly. It did seem as though we drummed up some interest while we were there. These guys know what they're doing. :)

Bacn

Smash Rookie
anything happening this weekend? i really want to play some other houston people.

and sorry rockettrainer for not being able to go to the gamestop tournys....been busy with stuff...i should be 100% sure that i am able to go this time. and we need other houston people to go there too!!! its an easy place to have a smashfest, and it is safe and easy.

heytallman

CTALL
anything happening this weekend? i really want to play some other houston people.
If nothing is going on or anything, I think I'll be able to play you probably like Saturday afternoon/evening. You don't live that far from me (closer than everyone else in this thread) so I think it might work out. Plus I want to play with some Houston people too. I haven't played with anyone here yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom