• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
And MLG rules are SWF way of making competitive smash more "fair". I do not agree with some of the rules but i do follow them for the most part.

Best of 3 fights(finlas be best of 5)
4 stock
6-7 min time limit
FD,battle field,yoshi story(moving cloud),pkmn stadium,Fountain of dreams,Kirby 64,jungle japes,cornia,Green Greens,rainbow cruise............are pretty much the only levels we use do to making fight more "fair".
Thanks for the info TGM.

I'm still trying to get a group together to go but up till now only one other person has shown interest...if we come it will only be two of us

On a side note, was it ever decided between low-teer/teams??

TGM

Smash Lord
It has not been decided......ill take a vote once everybody is there.

remember, its 10$ for 1vs1 and 2 for low tier or low tier teams.

EVERYBODY! please be at me house by 11am on saturday i WILL start at 12pm-12:15pm. so get here on time or call me and ill help u get here.

Bring tvs/wiis/ssbm. bring extra money if we all wanna go out and get food later. McDs,jack in the crack,burger king.....ect.

problems, call me 409-692-0697. if i dont answer me cell.....leave a message and u number.

jeremy, still waiting on a yes or no to falco vs samus 5$ mm.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
wait, so the whole teams/low tier is not decided yet?!

Can we vote before the tournament because which one you chose will definitly affect our decision to come or not.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess the question for you then Forkgirl is which one should be done that will get you to come?

TGM

Smash Lord
YES I CHANGED ME MIND! i want fork to go so 1vs1 and teams are the deal. no low tier or low tier teams unless everybody brings extra cash.

so fork.....GO PLEASE!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fascinating.

Everyone thinks that they can win teams...

Do a Mario Smash Party for epic win.

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
So teams it is...cool.

Oh...and I was kinda curious as to what skill level you guys play at...I get the impression that everyone there is going to be REALLY good and I'm trying to find out what my chances are...are you guys capable of infinites/SHFFL-ing etc?? I'm currently working on wave-shining and both myself and the guy I'm bringing along are reasonably proficient with wave-dashing

TGM

Smash Lord
wolf, watch us and play with us to get better and you will for sure. and since you pick the best character in the game(fox) it will be easy for you to get good.

This is my last post of the day! Everybody please read the 1st page again(update)! please be at my house by 11am, if you arnt sure on how to get there,call me 409-692-0697(if i dont answer,leave message). also, bring tvd. we need them very badly. i have 4 already.....must get more. bring gcn/wii as well. after the tourney, its a std for anybody who wants to stay the nite.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
awww, i feel kind of bad...i didnt mean for it to be like "TEAMS OR WE DONT COME!!!"

it's just that teams is the thing i like most at tournaments and a big reason i go :)

on a side note, xelic and i will win teams

and i guess caveman and essence can get 2nd, lol

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
Just check out RECENT vids of some of the ppl you see on here. That'll tell you more than enough.
Any suggestions on where I can find some of these vids...(I'm hoping and praying that the vids in TGM's sig are a joke...PLEASE TELL ME THAT THEY ARE SOME KIND OF SICK JOKE)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
The TGM combo is serious business, buddy.

Youtube is the universal smash vid...site...thing. Just search for SSBM and any persons name and you should come up with matche sof 'em.

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c6k-D9RTdE ;)

Who would be kind enough to pick me up tomorrow morning before the tournament? A little problem may be that I will have 1-2 people with me... but I will give about $10 for gas. This is very important; I may already have a ride but im trying to keep my options open because I cannot miss this thing. So if anyone is interested please just call me at (832)891-5858

My address is 8103 Karen st. Houston TX, 77037

forkgirl

Smash Lord
TGM, we really want to come tonight (so we dont have to wake up so early topmorrow morning). Could you (or someone who lives pretty close to TGM) house us for tonight?? there will be 3 or 4 of us. The problem is that we have to leave San Antonio at around 10:30 or 11 pm so we'd end up arriving pretty late at night.

G@be was gonna house us, but its pretty far and we don't want to drive that much. Thanks gabe though!! :)
<3333333333333 we appreciate the offer!

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c6k-D9RTdE ;)

Who would be kind enough to pick me up tomorrow morning before the tournament? A little problem may be that I will have 1-2 people with me... but I will give about $5-$10 for gas. This is very important; I may already have a ride but im trying to keep my options open because I cannot miss this thing. So if anyone is interested please just call me at (832)891-5858

My address is 8103 Karen st. Houston TX, 77037

*Quotes self*

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
****...you know...I kinda expected you guys to be good but...****...that was some crazy stuff man

we had a nationally ranked (supposedly) guy about 3 years ago in my dorm...I've seen him play a few times and it wasn't anything like what I just watched...f*************ck...we're gonna get beaten like red-headed step children...but hey, it will be fun at least

It also looks like I may have a third (and possibly a fourth) player coming...we'll be there

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
****...you know...I kinda expected you guys to be good but...****...that was some crazy stuff man

we had a nationally ranked (supposedly) guy about 3 years ago in my dorm...I've seen him play a few times and it wasn't anything like what I just watched...f*************ck...we're gonna get beaten like red-headed step children...but hey, it will be fun at least

It also looks like I may have a third (and possibly a fourth) player coming...we'll be there

Thank you. =]

Well... it looks like i may not be showing guys... but im going to really try. So far it's not looking so good. If worst comes to worst i will just walk there

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
Any idea how long the actual 1v1 tourney is gonna last??...I might have another player (the best among us) depending on how long it is. We plan on staying as long as possible but he has plans later so he would probably leave early

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys im coming with my friend here so.....il be there around 11? yep, if i get there on time. **** its far, 1 hour drive....oh well:lick:

Aceout92

Smash Apprentice
yep im giving rides if ur in houston and im leaving saturday around 8:30 till sunday and coming bak around 12:00-713 377 8516

dawn001

Smash Ace
sorry guys for not coming to this i am over here at mexico with my love so i hope you all have a ****** good time lol!!!!! ill be back soon and better oh yeah!!!!

Aceout92

Smash Apprentice
yea change of plans im leaving around 11:30 2day so anybody wanna ride -call 713 377 8516

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Man i did pretty bad, that suks.....I need more speed! dang some of yal are hella good, Tarzan is my new hero. xD

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that sounds about right, good matches all. I can't believe I got owned by the seal on poke floats >_> I think I might have won that match... T_T Good matches though mouf. GG everyone else also. Congrats to that columbian mofo! lol

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
Yes Alex is good no doubt, defenitely up there in skill level, and yes he 4 stocked me one match in tourney but lets not get into that... I had sweat in my eyes, i wasnt using my controller, I was starving, someone kept whispering in my ear, i got a charlie horse immediately, there was a fly buzzing around my head, someone was flashing a **** laser pointer in my eye, and I have narcolepsy.

I can't wait to see the matches. And I think Mouf and Rayzorium tied for 5th.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
lol, you wish son. You gotta get that hair cut and then you might win. Just gotta worry about sethlon :D
Im your match ray... im your match.

Shoutouts too...

Caveman - Thanx for teaching/showing me some things I would have never done or thought about in about 3 years....your too good.

Seth - Ouch... we only played one game... I cant go down like that we gotta play again... Believe me I know I can do better -_-... Also props on doing sooo freaking good against SideFX and that Colombian. Your also one of the coolest smashers... dont forget that.

Ronnie - That red falcon of yours was too good... but when you'd change from black...

Bear - Your were by far the funnest person to play... it seems we both had some tricks up are sleeve.

Jake - Thanx for the help. Cooling off my nervousness... somewhat.

Mouf -We gotta do this again, I know we were both nervous so Id like to do this again when were both Fooly-Cooly.

Riot - You own. I cant believe you know where my sig is from. I had fun playing you too.

TGM - LOL we have to play again. I bet you think you can own meh eh? LOL

Gabe - Just like seth, we only played one game... Id like to do another when Im fooly-cooly. Also, why were actin like you were actin?(Snobby) If we aren't cool you should say something, but mabey Im just tripping right?

Rayzorium - Thanx for the games. He's human after all. Thats a relief.

3000/Trex - We came together, so ya know how I feel.

Ummm... Pimpslap/Ace/Kage/Killawhale/Ceasar/Defy/University kids(tEh wolf)/that guy who kept walking in saying "I love you guys"/I know im forgeting some peeps... but yeh.

GOOD TIMES even though the brackets were rigged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom