• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
just find some internet and get our vids up......am i right thumbs???
just call verizon and be on the phone for 2 hours and nothing gets solved and call them back but they still don't know **** and they say they'll call you back but never do and you've had no internet for a week......am i right jcaesar??? NO SERIOUSLY MOTHER **** VERIZON INCOMPETENT *****ES HOW THE **** DO YOU LOSE AN ACCOUNT THAT'S HAD FIOS FOR OVER A YEAR?!?!?!! DID THEY STORM KNOCK OUT YOUR INTELLIGENCE ALONG WITH THE POWER YOU STUPID LAZY COCKSUCKERS!!!!!!!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
if anything i made a comeback off of 2 stocks am i right.....plus i wasn't even trying vs nacker in the crew battle i wuz walking around and taunting.....hilarious:laugh:......i'll admit u took me out.....:ohwell:
haha you gave me a real run for my money though. Your G@W is sick man. Drop the ****ing plumbers and stick with the 2-D man.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
GaW is annoying

something in ROB's arsenal must have some priority over that bair :[

prolly lasers, but thats no reliable kill move.
Shield. F-tilt.

Then they start shielding after bair.

Shield. Grab.

Then they will bair and then jab.

Shield, F-tilt.

yay RPS in the form of smash.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
@_@...

**** Thumbs >_>

On an unrelated note: Metaknight and ROB make a pretty good team. Especially if your teammate is good at following people's DI with the tornado, and you're good at hovering and following it...and then throw out a nair right before the move finishes so when they fly out...****. Especially when they have somewhat high damage, because the tornado will have taken them a decent enough height that the nair won't require like 150%dmg to KO. Great for getting a quick lead. If they have low damage, just hover your uair to rack up damage :)

ALSO: a Gyro [don't think it was even fully charged] can stop a fully charged Wario waft, just the cloud though, and only when the gyro is shot (I haven't tested for when you throw it)...pretty useful if you can read when a Wario is going to do the fart. if he tries to edgeguard you by getting in front of you and he hasn't used it in a while, shoot the gyro anyway. Just in case.

@Nackers: haha naw I'm pretty scrubby compared to most ROBs. there is too scant a supply of good competition for me to improve at the rate you guys are :( :( :( it's okay. Maybe I'll come up to NoVa some time [MD is too far >_>] and **** Boss/Chozen for 6 hours hahaha jk jk

EDIT@OS: I'm glad you find it useful. I actually don't get around to tourneys/competitive play much so when I do, I tend to get a bit nervous and don't think of the awesome **** I know I'm capable of doing [like hilarious gyro gimps on Ike and Ivysaur], so I'm glad someone has been able to use it with positive results :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
MK is a horrible ROB partner. ROB needs someone that can KO! O_o

toasty

Smash Hero
your MKs out there don't know how to dsmash or upB or glide-attack??? it depends on the matchup but basically one of us racks up damage and the other waits and KOs. MK is short enough where I can angle a laser that hits both enemies and not him. So I can rack up damage from afar or limit their movements with the gyro and then when they're pressure, he tornados both of them, I follow and ****. It's obviously not that simple. And this isn't the complete tactic we use.

My teams partner is really good at getting people off the stage where they'll find me waiting to gimp them with fair/gyro/lasers or bair them for the KO.

Maybe we just work well together? >_>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There are much better choices.

MK can't KO with his up+b or d-smash very well because those require setups that rarely happen in teams. I can KO just fine in singles with ROB, but I can't get my setups in teams either. Too hectic. Much rather have a snake throw out a u-tilt.

toasty

Smash Hero
hmmm...you probably have a point OS. When I think about it, there were only 2 teams who were really really challenging this tournament and those were the guys who put us in losers [though we got em back in losers finals] and then the people who beat us to 1st...and getting the kill was significantly harder in those matches.

the upB is actually better used for getting them off the stage so I can edgeguard and then when MK is coming back from the upB, he'll glide-attack the teammate who's going out to stop me from edgeguarding the other guy. by the time they figure this out, the damage has already been done.

of course there are better options, but my options for a good teammate are far more limited than the KO choices for a ROB/MK team :(

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
lol im about to roll on Server 2 as Romans.. [lol im gauls on Server 4 ^_^]

-where are you located @ on server 2/4??

and wuts your name son..

FOR EVERONE WONDERING WTF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT...

http://s4.travian.com

DOIT.. roll on Server 4 SouthWest [cause they just made it, and everyone is just starting out]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I dunno... I want to go to Chu's, but I can't find a car full of MW people who want to go :(

I'm looking again today, so if I find 'em I can go

toasty

Smash Hero
oh oh oh, finally got the replay from my friend's Wii from a couple weeks ago or whenever it was :)

toasty (ROB) Vs. SlashTalon (Falco)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHKK2uW8Ctw

Johns: this was a bad night for him and he didn't play like he usually does...well, I don't know...but then again, I usually beat him on Battlefield [though I don't beat him often otherwise >_>]

AND
another:

toasty (ROB) Vs. Malco (Pit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV05T7ZPwe4

I haven't played many Pit players at all, so I don't know what a "good" Pit player looks like >_>

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
LIKE THIS TOASTY! (The last 30 sec = :laugh:)

We would make a hella good team as "Hands off my Bread!" and yet you continue to sell me down the river!

I'm just playin. haha

Hey ROBs! *waves*

toasty

Smash Hero
sorry I sold you out buddy, but David's my son [on Facebook, anyway] so I had to honor the relationship.
like I said, we gotta practice teams and I'm going to be trying out a few teammates before the next one [you, Ether] but that's only if David isn't going. We need to get revenge on Hampton.

Also: wanted to say **** you again for stealing my Hide And Seek...but I'm still going to use it for my vid if I ever make one :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Those were some fun matches to watch, pure toasty-****. I love those reverse bair kills and the stage spike. I'm leaving these out of the first post just because we have some really high-level vids of these matchups up already.

Thanks for formatting them the way I like though :)
Also sorry I missed you on AIM last night, I go to sleep pretty early cause I gotta get up at 5:30 for work. This ain't college anymore T_T.

toasty

Smash Hero
actually I was going to add that these probably won't be posted, nor should they [because of the reasons you listed actually], just thought y'all would enjoy ^_^

edit: omfg I'm sexy...in the Pit vid, last stock...I think I almost jumped up and let out a bloody roar when I did falling fair->dtilt->dashA->utilt->bair

Top Bottom