• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lobos creates a new AT?!?!

Lobos

Smash Master
It's been so long since I got down in the lab and made something new.....

Anyways, I combined 3 ATs, Fsmash with a bomb + Momentum slide + Pivot walking (optional) and came up with this = http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1545778

I haven't worked out all the kinks yet but its worth a look plus a reason to hold a bomb with fsmash now lol

To do this you HAVE to use your index finger along with both your thumbs...well its the easiest way.

1) Take out a bomb
2) Switch your thumb to the A button while you are taking out the bomb
3) Switch your index finger to holding the A button so you can use your thumb on the c-stick
4) Start doing the momentum slide
5) Use your right thumb to start charging the fsmash with the c-stick
6) Tap A with your index
7) You should fsmash while doing the slide with a bomb in hand

Along those lines lol its tricky at first and since you have to use the c-stick and control stick at the same time you kinda have to hold the controller like its an arcade stick....You can also just run with it but you have to stop first to Fsmash.....the momentum slide keeps you moving but its harder to do along with the pivot walk ~.~

Any questions?!?!

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of the running downsmash, but is there no way to skip all that?

Lobos

Smash Master
You can do a running down smash with just a regular momentum slide. You just can't hold a bomb and do a down smash.

There is also a bunch of ways of doing this plus different options.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
This also can get rid of a ton of lag at the end of the Fsmash. This is really cool, Lobos.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Lol, i've experimented wth this before, never thought about implementing Pivot walking, though.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Seems 100% useless to me. He didnt do anything other than run around and use F-smash with a bomb in hand. When would you EVER do this in any match? Would much rather Zair with bomb until its about to explode and then F-smash with bomb in hand.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Well it does reduce the lag of the fsmash and makes it less punishable and we can move it now. Its not something revolutionary and is situational but it might come in handy sometime.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
It reduces the lag because the bomb explodes. You dont need to run around to have the bomb explode during a F-smash. Just jump around with Zair + bomb in hand and when the bomb is near exploding, Fsmash. The lag of the Fsmash will still be removed by the bomb explosion, you just wont be running around doing nothing for the previous 3-4 seconds.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Woooow another application of the same thing ok

Lobos

Smash Master
Actually the point of this is not for the bomb to explode....more of a mind game like "Hey I got a bomb in my hand! I can only throw it!" then a fsmash with momentum comes flying out. Yes its situational but then again most of TL moves are, this is just adding more to the mix.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
To be honest, I'm not too fussed about this. It's really, as you said, just combining two AT's together. So now it's just a slightly slower set up to gain a small slide into a F-smash with a Bomb, then the rest is normal (If timed right, you can get the Bomb to explode on yourself to take away the lag and possibly explode on your opponent if they try to punnish the lag.)

I definitely like the idea of trying to find new and better ways to use our F-smash, that thing is beast.

But anyway, did you want me to add this to my list? I'm cool either way, just let me know.
Edit: On second thought, I'll just add it. Let me know if your ok with what I wrote.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Actually the point of this is not for the bomb to explode....more of a mind game like "Hey I got a bomb in my hand! I can only throw it!" then a fsmash with momentum comes flying out. Yes its situational but then again most of TL moves are, this is just adding more to the mix.
Whether it was intentional or not it's a useful side effect.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Situantional but still good find, good to know some people are doing something to further teh Toon links game.

UncleSam

Smash Master
But real boys Pit's say no hetero
and what does that have to do with TL in any way, shape, or form...
as Corpsecreate said there are different ways to do this, I use the BFO it wastes time... it works well as a mindgame but I don't really see anybody trying to set this up

Nehemiah

Smash Cadet
and what does that have to do with TL in any way, shape, or form...
as Corpsecreate said there are different ways to do this, I use the BFO it wastes time... it works well as a mindgame but I don't really see anybody trying to set this up

because pit shoot's a bow just like tink

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Link's have known this since early 08.

Most characters have known this since mid/late 08.

Snake's have known this since November.

You just combined pivot boosting and item-holding forward smashes.

Congratulations.

(It makes Snake's forward smash look funny. Try it out)

Now then..................... I hope to -instert religious icon here- that half/all of you are being sarcastic with your thanks and that you really all knew this and are all trolling him.

*shakes head at Toon Link's* all of you are so behind in (generally global) AT's.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You can really stop being a jerk, kthx. :3

We have our own way of doing things.

Lobos

Smash Master
Hi haters! Clearly you did not see the ??? in my title cause I knew this wasn't 100% new. Everything I did was already known stuff, I just wanted to share this on the TL boards since no one else posted it. lol

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You can really stop being a jerk, kthx. :3

We have our own way of doing things.
I'm not being a jerk, I'm having a lulzfest. How many times do I have to tell you guys things have been discovered before you guys start peeping around a bit?

For the most part any things I find for x character came from y character boards whom found it first. (Like Airdodge Cancel Throwing, which I believe is from the Diddy boards IIRC) which someone made useful for Snake (ACT'ing from a grenade pull) which I had missed and thought I figured out. He beat me by a few days, but w/e. People read my threads so more people saw it I guess. :laugh: not important.

Lurk other boards for discoveries, often times they will help you guys.

SuSa's being an *******... Did we make SMS?
:'( I see how it is.

Hi haters! Clearly you did not see the ??? in my title cause I knew this wasn't 100% new. Everything I did was already known stuff, I just wanted to share this on the TL boards since no one else posted it. lol
I'm commenting the TL boards on failing yet again. (Is this the 4th time you guys just found something widely known and thought it was awesome now? I know it's the 3rd time at least that I've witnessed for sure... maybe the 4th... could be more)

I'm not hating on you, just stating my acknowledgment of the TL boards failing.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wow Susa you're such a nice mod. You're good at keeping communities strong and not starting flame wars, keep up the good work of doing your mod duties.

Lobos

Smash Master
I'm commenting the TL boards on failing yet again. (Is this the 4th time you guys just found something widely known and thought it was awesome now? I know it's the 3rd time at least that I've witnessed for sure... maybe the 4th... could be more)
It happens a lot actually, on every character board. Not everyone looks/uses the stickies.

ACTing lol........I think I've been doing that with TL since early 08 :p......I think recently someone else has improved it much further

TL boards +1
Snakes 0

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I'm not being a jerk, I'm having a lulzfest. How many times do I have to tell you guys things have been discovered before you guys start peeping around a bit?

For the most part any things I find for x character came from y character boards whom found it first. (Like Airdodge Cancel Throwing, which I believe is from the Diddy boards IIRC) which someone made useful for Snake (ACT'ing from a grenade pull) which I had missed and thought I figured out. He beat me by a few days, but w/e. People read my threads so more people saw it I guess. :laugh: not important.

Lurk other boards for discoveries, often times they will help you guys.

I'm not hating on you, just stating my acknowledgment of the TL boards failing.
First of all, SuSa is right. We have to lurk moar.

Second of all, you are definitely hating.

Top Bottom