• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Loading GeckoOS from the SD card on a non-hacked Wii?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah, the quickest way for repeated use is installing HBC, and since it doesn't change any IOS's and the like, delete the channel afterwards and Nintendo will never ever know (on my Wii, Nintendo would know...., every IOS under 55 is a cIOS, patch installed IOS61 and 60 on 3.2U, updated my channels to work on 3.2U, and I have cIOS202, ciosrev36 10, and IOS249 patched....) In short, I would have to cleans my Wii for about a day to "fix it". Oh and I forgot Starfall installed :)

More hack channels than possibly considered....

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
No, it would make it harder. You would have to start up Brawl, goto stage builder, it would load GeckoOS, then you would have to start up brawl.

Right now we can just load GeckoOS from the System Menu.
He means easy as in not having to install anything to load GeckoOS.

Yeah, obviously the fastest way to do things if you had it installed would be to get the GeckoOS WAD and use that (Which I love by the way. Most used thing on my system menu :p)

But if it can load GeckoOS straight from Brawl, then no installation required.

@ cookieMONster:
I just tried to load GeckoOS using the newest version off of the bannerbomb site and it didn't work. I tried both the boot.elf and boot.dol files from GeckoOS 1.9.
Unless there is some newer version not on the bannerbomb site, it didn't work for me.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Not going to change anything about any characters. The only gameplay changes I'm proposing are no tripping and possibly PT as 3 separate characters. Nothing else.
i pretty much just jizzed myself when i read this

good luck on your mission panda

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I propose that the codes should include a stage selection code that separates Neutral stages on the Brawl stages screen, and Counterpicks on the Melee stages screen, if it doesn't already have it on there. >_>

D

Deleted member

ehm the idea I mentioned was startup brawl, do that new hack thingy, with which you load geckoOS, and then load B+ with that. just as fast as snapshot if you ask me, and it's on a non-hacked wii.

timothyung

Smash Ace
ehm the idea I mentioned was startup brawl, do that new hack thingy, with which you load geckoOS, and then load B+ with that. just as fast as snapshot if you ask me, and it's on a non-hacked wii.
Not really. You have to wait Brawl to load again, which takes a long time. Other than that though, it's as easy as the snapshot method.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody. I was wondering if there's a way to like change which codes I want to include for a wii game without having to use the code manager for the pc. I want to edit the codes on my wii so that I don't have to re-enter all the codes (say for example, brawl+). I just want a program or app that will allow me to change some coeds on and off that;s all. Thanks.

Top Bottom